Old 01-05-2012, 01:06 PM   #61  

Hi Red Team!
I need to stop procrastinating and get to the gym for today, I need to do my second couch 2 5 k for this week, and it's my lift day. So far my weight is doing really well, tomorrow I'm doing the official weigh in. Tonight is going to be a bad food night, I'm making a turkey and stuffing. DH won a turkey around Thanksgiving right after we had already bought our turkey so we are having it now that DS is home. Not much of the other thanksgiving foods, just the turkey, maybe I'll stop and pick up a squash and then have broccoli for a veg too. Maybe a pumpkin pie, maube not.
Have a great day.
Bette K
Old 01-06-2012, 07:10 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Did really well yesterday even though it was my birthday. Went out to lunch had a big chix and veggie salad then just had some carrots and dip and an orange for dinner. Was down a lb this morning. so only .8 to get to my start weight. Know I can be down another couple of lbs by Sunday.

Have a happy Friday!
Old 01-06-2012, 07:25 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtyKay View Post
Had a pretty good day yesterday, bit the day before was a mess. Oh well, making up for it. This is day 2 of no smoking! So if I lose ANYTHING this week I'll be happy.
Congrats on the quitting smoking. I am about to take that step too. The last time I quit I got on the treadmill every time I wanted to smoke so I didn't gain any weight. What I have learned from my three times quitting is.... never thing you can have just one or a drag or anything. Cause you can't! lol!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette k View Post
Happy Wednesday Red Team
In the evening after everyone has gone to bed I've been making some quiet time for myself with out the tv or anything else running. I usually read the daily Bible readings, write in my journal and do a daily meditation, it is a spiritual and calming time. I wanted to share a kind of breakthrough I wrote in my journal last night.
For too much of my life the hard work was something I gave others-my employers, my family, even total strangers long before myself. Now I'm giving myself the hard work. I'm making time to workout, I'm cooking healthy foods and eating better for myself and my family. I still feel selfish about taking so much for myself, but by doing that I can make myself healthier with so much more energy to give to others.

For me it was kind of a revalation that I deserve the effort just as much or maybe more than everyone else. Thanks for reading
Have a great week
Bette K
Enjoy the time you spend on you and please don't feel guilty about it. You deserve to give yourself some time to relax, meditate, and do what is good for you. Look around you at your family I bet no one else feels selfish about taking time for themselves. Such a curse we women have!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia99 View Post

I weighed in this morning and I am down 2 lbs, which I am happy with.
)
WooHoo!!1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamelama View Post
Weighed in today... Down 2.4 lbs! Have NEVER lost over the holidays. Have a good week everyone!
Congrats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I watched it and Ben volunteered to be kicked off to be with his family. He has 9 kids and another one of the way. He has loss 50lbs at home so he is working it for sure.

Sorry y'all, winter has kicked in here in South Mississippi and my arthritis is in full swing for my weigh in today. I Gained a lb but loss 1.5 inches, how crazy is that? Off to a new week!
Your weight loss is amazing. What an inspiration you are!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanhat81 View Post
I'm Shana, I'm 30. I'm a writer (as evidenced by this interesting bio ... not). I live with my husband and our two cats.

I was DX'ed with Stage 1 hypertension in June 2011, and I'm losing weight in an effort to get it under control. It's unlikely that I can kill it completely, given that there's a massive genetic component to the problem, but I'd like to get it under control without medication.

I've lost almost 30 lbs since I started (190 to 162 -- I lost 2 lbs between my dx and joining WW, which is where I started my ticker). I would like to lose another 15 during this challenge.

I did run/walk my first 5k (on the treadmill) just now. I would like to be all running by the end of this challenge too!

P.S. -- The earrings in my avatar are my 30-lb goal present. Almost there!
You will have those earrings before you know it. Great job on the almost 30 lbs in such a short time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarati View Post
~ugh~ I am feeling the effects of my 3 week 'vacation'. Though I'm not heavier, I feel bloated and squishy. Maybe it's all the water I've been drinking. My body needs to be retrained from Low Fat egg nogg back to water.Go RED!
Ugh! I feel the same way. I am up from my lowest weight by about 8 lbs but it might as well be 20! Feel so bloated and can't wait to get this back off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicalAstronaut View Post
I haven't done any exercising this week due to being on vacation, unless you count the endless walking in the Disney parks. I' working hard on being careful about what I eat while here though. It'll be interesting to see what I am when I get home.
I would count that as exercise as your probably walking at least 10 miles per day Enjoy your vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutt View Post
Hi team! It's good to be back! This is my third BL Challenge. Last year at this time I was about 70 lbs heavier and the BL Challenges were definitely part of what helped me get to where I am now. I'm a competitive person by nature and I want to see us all successful in this endeavor. My mantra for these challenges has become "stand up and finish what you started". If you drop off and stop reporting in, you're only hurting yourself. If you stick with this thing through lose, gain or maintain then you're going to be miles ahead in the long run. Make the commitment to report in each week (that you're able to) and stay accountable for what you're doing.

I'm buckling down in the new year to get the last 10-15 lbs off and get to my healthy goal weight. The holiday break definitely showed me that I enjoy how I feel when I'm eating right and exercising much more than that bloated, lazy, icky feeling that I get when I eat crap and don't move!
Wow awesome job losing 70 lbs this year!!! I am sure you will have that last few lbs off before you know it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicalAstronaut View Post
Hi Red Team!

My name's Lauren and I'm 22 years old. I started my weight loss journey in May 2011. Since then I've lost 45lbs and I want to lose 45 more. I started this with my [ex]boyfriend, who broke up with me last week after almost two years together. It was a huge blow, obviously, and I'm afraid it will affect my weight loss. Right now I feel sort of "what's the point" about everything. I'm glad to have this challenge to help keep me on track. I've been running since May too and I've done a few 5Ks and a 10K. I'm just starting my training for a half marathon. I also just graduated from college last week so I'm looking for a job and a place to live. A lot has changed in my life in the past 7 months but hopefully it is all for the best.
Great job on losing 45 lbs so far. You did 1/2 you can do the rest. Stay with us thru this time. Vent as much as you need too but just don't go back to your old habits. It is def his loss. I am sure you are a beautiful girl now but imagine how hot you will look after 45 more lbs are gone!!!!
Old 01-06-2012, 08:59 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 231.0/193.6/185.9

Height: 5'5

Well, I'm off to Weight Watchers in a bit for my weigh in ... I know this is not going to be my finest week.

So I'm chanting to myself: fitness breakthrough, fitness breakthrough ...
Old 01-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Mary- Happy Belated Birthday!

Bette- did you drive the mustang to the gym yesterday?

Loose seal- that pilates workout looks great. I'm going to try it later today, since I'm working from home.

I hope everyone is having a great Friday so far & ready for the weekend.

Remember that our first weigh is coming up this Sunday. You must post your weight on the Red Team Weigh In Thread by 6:00 pm Central on Sunday.

If you don't post your weight by then, you will use one of your freebies (you get 2 for the challenge) If you use your 2 freebies & then miss a weigh in- you will be eliminated from the challenge.

Remember to drink your water- and make positive food choices every day!
Old 01-06-2012, 03:37 PM   #66  

Hi Red Team
Just stopped in after posting my 3 lb loss.

Mel- No I didn't drive the Mustang, but could have.
Mary- Good job on eating on your Birthday (Happy Belated Birthday) I don't know if I could have said no to cake.
Piper girl- I'm new to exercising too, but since I joined the fitnesscenter/gym, I do it a lot because I feel I need my money's worth.
Narnia- Great Job on the 2 lbs gone, I am doing my weigh in's on Friday for the same reason
Pamalama- Great Job on the 2 lbs
Loose Seal- That looks like a killer workout.
Wuv- You are doing really great and remember inches lost=fat gone muscle built.
Shana Are you doing the Couch 25k program, I started it this week
Sarati-Bloated and squishy- that's how I've been feeling. I'm trying to flush the bloat out with lots of tea and water
Diamere- What kinds of food do you like? I find that stirfry is the easiest food to make and I can vary it enough that I don't bet tired of it.

Everyone have a great weekend! DD is spending the night at a friends tonight, and I think it's a good day to clean up some leftovers for super.
Bette K
Old 01-06-2012, 08:46 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 202/195/140

Height: 5'3"

Lingering somewhere between 169 and 168...maybe the 170's are gone for good!

Gonna post and run (sorry) busy busy busy! Good work ladies!!
Old 01-06-2012, 09:02 PM   #68  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Been doing pretty good lately. Made some new recipes. I've at least hooped for 30 minutes every day. My tendon has felt better but not 100% yet. I had to change my latest session to be a sitting down halo spin sort of style.

And that contest I'm in is still going on. You can vote daily. Thanks! http://apps.facebook.com/contestshq/...tries/39288179

I've been talking to a hoop rep from Hoopnotica and I've secured a teacher training in Kentucky! This is special cause this is the first time Hoopnotica has come to the state! Oh joy!

My daily weigh ins have been positive so far. ^_^
Old 01-07-2012, 12:45 AM   #69  
Winner by Losing

S/C/G: 201/162/140

Height: 5'3" if I stand up really straight!

Gosh I feel like I'm floating in a sea of water ~~~~ in a good way!
Old 01-07-2012, 09:40 AM   #70  
... and a piece of toast.

S/C/G: 170 >:(/152/135

Height: 5'2" <-- well, almost

So I just got weighed and I haven't lost anything this week. Nada, zip, zilch. This despite being OP and despite exercising and dogs walks and just . . . Blarggity, blarg, blarg, blarg!!

So 166 is this weeks number; hopefully by next Sat. the damn thing will have dropped. It better.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:07 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 231.0/193.6/185.9

Bette -- Yep, I am. Except I modified it somewhat ... I'm giving myself a few weeks on each level, progressing up only when I can comfortably finish a full 5K at whatever week I'm on (currently, week 2).

I did this solely to be able to watch more TV while I'm working out! (I am currently obsessed with the fact that my building's gym has Wifi, which enables me to watch Netflix.)

Last edited by shanhat81; 01-07-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:15 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/135

Hi everyone! Looks like we are all on track!

ArtyKay - You will never regret quitting smoking! I too have used the treadmill for the last 19 years that I quit, really works!

Cake - Your 15 mo will love daycare after he/she gets used to it.

ShanHat - Love the earrings and way to go with going to the WW meeting anyway! That is my number one resolution this year - go to the WW meeting even if I feel like it won't be good news.

Busy day: House is cleaned, off to chores and fitting in exercise somewhere. My dogs would love a walk!
Old 01-07-2012, 01:13 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 187/190/145

Quote:
Lingering somewhere between 169 and 168...maybe the 170's are gone for good!
Congrats ArtyKay! It's great when you can finally leave a weight range behind for good. I have been at 180 for the last few weeks. I think this will change (for the better) at my weigh in tomorrow.

I will also be joining a gym this week.

Last edited by canuckgirl7; 01-07-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:38 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

HI RED TEAM!
Hope everyone has a good weigh in tomorrow!

These short weeks are tough - especially starting a new year at work. It has been a rather goofy week for me and my schedule has been off. I haven't had much time to post. It should get better this next week.

Naughty
Old 01-07-2012, 08:47 PM   #75  

Hi Red Team,
I hope everyone is haveing a great weekend. I went in and worked out hard today, but my mp3 player conked out in the middle of my couch 2-5k podcast and I had to finish it by watching the timer. I'm going to make sure I have it charged up after this.I've made it through the first week of the program and was doing my running today at 3.5 mph . I never thought I would be able to do anything like that. Then I did weights and finished on the elliptical. I really craved a hamburger today, a thick juicy fresh made one so instead of stopping at fast food I stopped at the store and bought some extra lean burger and made my own. Yummy. It helped that I looked up the calorie count for the fast food burger before I went.

It's been so beautiful here, after working out I was outside with no jacket and it felt so good. The only problem is I'm all stuffed up, I think something is releasing pollen which isn't supposed to happen in Iowa in January.

Have a great weekend!
Bette K