Old 01-03-2012, 11:43 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

HEY RED TEAM! WE CAN DO THIS! LETS MAKE IT A GOOD WEEK!
Old 01-04-2012, 06:57 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 199/175.2/150

Height: 5' 6"

Bette k that is how I feel about exercising every time I go, but don't you feel good when you are done. I have only exercised a few times now but when I'm done I feel like I can actually lose this weight.

Munchey I love your avatar
Old 01-04-2012, 07:28 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Had a great day yesterday. Eating was on track & got my water consumption up again. Did a 40 min workout this morning.

Have a rockin' Wednesday!!!
Old 01-04-2012, 09:23 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 202/195/140

Height: 5'3"

Had a pretty good day yesterday, bit the day before was a mess. Oh well, making up for it. This is day 2 of no smoking! So if I lose ANYTHING this week I'll be happy.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:21 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Hello Red Team!
Happy Wednesday. I've started off well so far today.
Walked the dog this morning so I'm already at 4,500 steps for the day. Have drank 48 oz of water and made too many trips to the loo!
Now on to good food choices.
Make this your best day yet.

ArtyKay- WTG! quitting smoking will give you a new lease on life! Good job

Have a great day all!
Old 01-04-2012, 11:42 AM   #51  

Happy Wednesday Red Team
In the evening after everyone has gone to bed I've been making some quiet time for myself with out the tv or anything else running. I usually read the daily Bible readings, write in my journal and do a daily meditation, it is a spiritual and calming time. I wanted to share a kind of breakthrough I wrote in my journal last night.
For too much of my life the hard work was something I gave others-my employers, my family, even total strangers long before myself. Now I'm giving myself the hard work. I'm making time to workout, I'm cooking healthy foods and eating better for myself and my family. I still feel selfish about taking so much for myself, but by doing that I can make myself healthier with so much more energy to give to others.

For me it was kind of a revalation that I deserve the effort just as much or maybe more than everyone else. Thanks for reading
Have a great week
Bette K
Old 01-04-2012, 12:34 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 226/226/140

Height: 5'4

It sounds like everyone is doing great this week, wtg

I weighed in this morning and I am down 2 lbs, which I am happy with. I've decided to make Wednesdays my official weigh-in day, as I have found during the past challenges if I wait until Sunday I forget to post in time.

Bette K - Great job at the gym! I find getting started is the hardest part. Good for you for taking time for yourself, you deserve it

ArtyKay - That's wonderful that you are quitting smoking. I know how hard it can be, but you can do it!

Mel - Great start to the day, wtg!

Have a wonderful day everyone
Old 01-04-2012, 02:06 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Weighed in today... Down 2.4 lbs! Have NEVER lost over the holidays. Have a good week everyone!
Old 01-04-2012, 04:32 PM   #54  
... and a piece of toast.

S/C/G: 170 >:(/152/135

Height: 5'2" <-- well, almost

OP today, doing very well. Managed to wait until 9:30am before eating breakfast vs. 8:00am yesterday. I didn't get hungry again until nearly 2:00pm . . which was good because I didn't get home until just after that. Light lunch and am off to start dinner cause yeah, I"m getting hungry again. lol

Did get the dogs out for a 1.5mile walk today . . . cold but the winds died down enough. Whew!

I did this workout Monday and I"m still feeling it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od0j4aNDGKM

Did anyone watch TBL last night? I missed who got voted off.

Stay OP through the rest of the day, guys. Just DO. IT.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:48 PM   #55  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I watched it and Ben volunteered to be kicked off to be with his family. He has 9 kids and another one of the way. He has loss 50lbs at home so he is working it for sure.

Sorry y'all, winter has kicked in here in South Mississippi and my arthritis is in full swing for my weigh in today. I Gained a lb but loss 1.5 inches, how crazy is that? Off to a new week!
Old 01-04-2012, 08:08 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 231.0/193.6/185.9

Height: 5'5

Red Team!!!!

I'm excited.

I'm Shana, I'm 30. I'm a writer (as evidenced by this interesting bio ... not). I live with my husband and our two cats.

I was DX'ed with Stage 1 hypertension in June 2011, and I'm losing weight in an effort to get it under control. It's unlikely that I can kill it completely, given that there's a massive genetic component to the problem, but I'd like to get it under control without medication.

I've lost almost 30 lbs since I started (190 to 162 -- I lost 2 lbs between my dx and joining WW, which is where I started my ticker). I would like to lose another 15 during this challenge.

I did run/walk my first 5k (on the treadmill) just now. I would like to be all running by the end of this challenge too!

P.S. -- The earrings in my avatar are my 30-lb goal present. Almost there!

Last edited by shanhat81; 01-04-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:09 PM   #57  
Winner by Losing

S/C/G: 201/162/140

Height: 5'3" if I stand up really straight!

~ugh~ I am feeling the effects of my 3 week 'vacation'. Though I'm not heavier, I feel bloated and squishy. Maybe it's all the water I've been drinking. My body needs to be retrained from Low Fat egg nogg back to water.

Did a Leslie Sansone and it wasn't pretty. Baby steps, baby steps!

Go RED!
Old 01-04-2012, 10:53 PM   #58  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Doing great so far. I've exercised, ate decently and tried to sit down while eating 80% of the time. I found some stuff chicken breasts at Kroger for $4 (instead of 8) and I made those for dinner with mushrooms and green beans. It was delish! Although definitely a bit more calories than my normal chicken (I usually use chicken tenders...I felt too stuffed with a normal chicken breast). I'm tempting to put the PowerFit dvds in my exercise program. 20 minutes a day would be feasible. But I don't think I will for now. I'm still healing my tendon and don't want to do too much. I've been doing a quickie 15 minute strength of the moves I think might help/work all over the best and call it a day. I keep meaning to do a new Beck chapter but I got tons of healthy foods today. Anyone got any good food recipes? I need to make sure I don't get into a food funk!

Voting is still open in the contest I am in. You can vote daily. http://apps.facebook.com/contestshq/...tries/39288179
Old 01-04-2012, 11:43 PM   #59  

Hi Red Team,
So I'm back for the second time today, just stopped in while tracking my food and wanted to say how great I think everyone is doing. Tomorrow I'm going to the gym and doing my big workout, I'm usually there about 90 minutes or more and I have a big incentive to get up early and do it. DS went to a friends tonight, and said if he isn't back when I want to go then I can take his new Mustang. I'm sure I can get up and go before he gets home .
We had venison steaks tonight, I usually fry them but tried something healthier tonight, I sauted them with onions and garlic in olive oil and then reduced the pan juices to put over them. It was good.
Have a great rest of the week
Bette K
Old 01-05-2012, 12:17 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I haven't done any exercising this week due to being on vacation, unless you count the endless walking in the Disney parks. I' working hard on being careful about what I eat while here though. It'll be interesting to see what I am when I get home.