Old 06-04-2010, 01:52 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

I finally went to a clinic this morning and got medication for this sinus infection. Thank goodness I am starting to feel less achy already. Maybe I can even go to the Y tomorrow. I can't wait to get back to my classes.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:42 PM   #47  
On My Way

S/C/G: 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Thank you to all of you who made such sweet comments about my son (the absolute apple of my eye). We finally got the sleeping problem going in the right direction... we just lay in his room with him while he nods off (only takes about 15 minutes which beats the two hours we were spending fighting with him ) I am hoping over the next few weeks that we can ween him off of even that, but this is a HUGE step in the right direction. I am so excited for the weekend... I haven't had a weekend "off" in about 2 months (seems there is always something we need to do or someplace we need to go). Plus I am expecting a pretty good number for this first weeks weigh in. I had stalled for a week and a half, but since Saturday it has been dropping off pretty quickly.

Hope everyone is having a great day and TGIF!!!!!!
Old 06-04-2010, 04:00 PM   #48  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Terapet- A sinus infection? Bummer. Hope you feel better now that you got your medication. Drink lots of water and keep your tissue handy. Haha.

AmyMW- Hope you have a great first week weigh in! Woohoo for a weekend off!! Doing a happy dance for you here in SK. Haha!

Ladies,

Hope everyone is doing well. A reminder to weigh in before 10pm AST on Sunday evening. It's 5am here in SK. Why am I awake at 5am on a Saturday? I have no clue. Oh, because a mosquito bit me twice on my shoulders and woke me up. So I've been hunting it in my apartment for like 30 mins now. Did I mention I hate mosquitoes? Anyways, I'm going to kill it and go back to sleep. Plans with the bf today include lunch and a movie. Woohoo for date time!!
Old 06-05-2010, 08:38 AM   #49  

shan84-Thanks for the kind thoughts. Thanks to antibiotics and steroids, I am quickly on the mend. Still a bit icky today but much, much better. Did you enjoy your movie and dinner? What movie did you see? I actually watched Hot Tub Time Machine last week. It was vulgar but funny. Best thing-it only cost a buck for a ticket! Of course the theater smells like aged and unwashed gym socks!

Still not up to exercising yet. Unless coughing up a lung constitutes exercise. I did manage to lose another pound this week. Would much rather be at the gym!
Old 06-05-2010, 10:42 AM   #50  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

Morning

So, sigh, i had an emotional day yesterday that ended in disaster for my diet. Got really frustrated with our home owners insurance. There giving us a really hard time. A few weeks ago a huge thunderstorm came though and took out just about all of our electronics. over 1400$ worth of damages.

So anyways, i made the mistake of not eating a lot for breakfast(which i should know better about) and ate fast food with DH around 2 which lead to a downward spiral for the rest of the day..... ARG.

Today im moving on and forgetting about it. Just reading about how you guys are doing is inspiring enough for me to get back on track today. I plan on getting an AWESOME last chance workout in today and kicking some bootie

And i did peek at the scale this morning and not a whole lot of damage done. so thats a relief.

Have a great day...i will bbl tomorrow for my Weigh in.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:29 PM   #51  

misspriss78-Sorry you are having a bad time. What's with the crazy insurance company! I thought that kind of damage was pretty straight forward. How else does everything get fried at once? My insurance company was out snooping around the house recently looking for reasons not to cover us I guess. It was so weird. I think there are so many bad guys out there trying to scam companies that it makes it hard for us regular folks to get a break. I guess anyway. Have you considered contacting the insurance commissioner for assistance?
Old 06-05-2010, 11:41 PM   #52  
MeTime

Hi ladies! Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I weighed in today. Down 6.5 lbs for this first weigh in. I'm really happy with that because I only maintained my weight between challenges so I really lost the 6.5lbs this week alone. Woohoo! Hope I can keep it up. Less than 25 days to go til I'm home in the USA and only 17 more working days. Woohoooooo!!!

Misspriss- Good luck with your weigh in. Your doing great. That insurance thing is such bs. Sorry about that.

Terapet- We saw Prince of Persia. I actually thought it was pretty well done considering its a Walt Disney movie. Then we had dinner at this new restaurant called Uncle Tomato. We will NEVER go back there again. Bad service, bad food, and the waiter brought the food to our table and went to sit down my chicken fajitas (just chicken, onions, and tomatoes) and he picked off somebody's hair from the plate as he was sitting it down on the table for me to eat. OH HECK NO!!! Regardless, it was an enjoyable day with the bf. I do think coughing burns calories actually. Haha. I can drop weight fast if I'm sick. Just kidding. Make sure your drinking lots of water though. That will help.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:56 AM   #53  
A Whole New World

S/C/G: 172/ticker/122

Height: 5'4"

Well today I weighed in at 146.2 lb which is a loss of 0.8 from my starting weight. I'm really pleased with that because I've been struggling a lot the last few weeks and at the end of last week I had gained quite a bit and was up at 149! I thought I was going to have to report a gain the first week of this challenge! Anyway, I'm back on track now and moving in the right direction!
Old 06-06-2010, 08:00 AM   #54  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

Morning

TERAPET- Thanks for your support! I think what im going to do is just take pictures of the electronics and send those pics in too. Im still frustrated that i can't get my case worker on the phone, I've got questions that are unanswered and im basically guessing. Thankfully a friend of mine went through the same situation a few years back and shes been great with my questions. At this point i give up. Im just going to send in what I have and cross my fingers...its too much trouble. mmmm, Ive never heard of a insurance commissioner? I will have to google that,LOL. This is my first time dealing with an insurance company. Im willing to do anything at this point. Thanks for listening I hope you feel better this morning!!!

Shan-I used a freebie this week(posted it already on the weigh in thread) the scale is still reading the same weight. I wish i could change my starting weight to what it was last sunday (187) because that would be a 7lb loss this week (im @ 180.6 this morning) AWESOME JOB on the 6.5lbs...WOW, you go girl!

Beautyandthebeast-Congrats on your .8loss!!!

Hello to everyone that follows..and i noticed that there are a lot of 'losers' this week when i put in my freebie pass just now..CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE!

Last edited by misspriss78; 06-06-2010 at 08:01 AM.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:02 AM   #55  

Morning Ladies,

Still struggling with the cough. I don't know when I will get to go back to the Y.
I think I will at least get outside for a short walk today before I end up glued to this chair in the family room. Eating is going okay. Kinda easy to do under the circumstances.

My weigh in was good today. That will definitely be my big hurrah for the challenge since I had like six weeks to lose it. That is cool. It is such a relief to take off those 5 pounds. Before I couldn't fit in my summer clothes at all. Now they are just a tad tight. The next 5 will be golden.

B&B-Congrats on your loss. Glad you are back on the losing side of things.

shan84-Have you ever watched Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares? Sounds like you got to experience one! Yikes. Way to go on the weekly weight loss. What a trooper!
Old 06-06-2010, 10:41 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5.5

Congrats on all the good losses!!!
Old 06-06-2010, 11:00 AM   #57  
On My Way

S/C/G: 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

misspriss - That is so stressful. Once this passes you will probably have a huge loss since the stress is probably holding you back this week. I hope this next week is better for you in every way!

Shan - GO YOU!!!! 6.5 in one week... I wish I could do that, but my body has been pretty stubborn the past few weeks... as soon as I think I am going to have a steller week, it says.. nope not yet! Also congrats on having lost over 100 lbs so far....AMAZING!!!!!!

Beauty - Great job! I am sure when you are as close to goal as you are the weight loss slows so .8 is GREAT!!!!!

As for me... I was a little bummed this morning... I had been down as low as -6lbs earlier this week, but TOM hit and now I am at -4.2lbs (which is great and I am not complaining about that... it is just that I was really gearing up to see something like a -7 and it actually went the wrong way). But hey I am out of the 270's and on my way out of the 260's. Hopefully next Sunday once TOM has passed I will have great news to report.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:53 PM   #58  
Hardwork...Dedication

S/C/G: 156/142/128

Height: 5'6

Hi all! Congrats to everyone who posted a loss this week!
Old 06-06-2010, 06:20 PM   #59  
MeTime

Hi all. I'll be back later to post personals. Just wanted to post a reminder to get your weigh in's posted or you will use your first freebie if there is no weight update by 10pm AST. Good luck all!
Old 06-06-2010, 06:34 PM   #60  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Hi all! I haven't posted in this chat thread yet so I thought I'd stop in after posting my weight to say hullo.

Shan - wow on your one week loss! wtg

AmyMW - I hate it when the scale does that (or TOM, take your pick). It can be so very frustrating when to see an uptick when your working so hard to see the nmbers go down.

B&B - congrats! that is HUGE!

I posted a 3 # loss (yay!) which is even better than it sounds because my weight had gone up from my challenge starting weight. Granted, I spent all yesterday in the garden working, so I'll have to work extra hard this week to just keep the loss. Gardening is my version of working out these days. After all, its work (boy is it ever), and its out (outside). After school gets out, and I don't have a never ending deadlines to meet, I'm going to try exercising more.

Happy weighin everyone!