Old 12-29-2008, 08:27 AM   #91  
TBL Blue Team Member!

S/C/G: 294.5/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

Confession time . . . I weighed myself this morning and since August 4th I have put on 29.5 lbs. I'm beyond mad at myself for letting it get this far, but I'm re-starting right now! There is no excuse for it, but maybe it was the wake-up call I needed.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:37 AM   #92  

i made myself post my starting weight today instead of waiting until jan 3 to see if i can lose between now and then. i need to stop the climb upward. i'm up 7lbs and that totally negates the last challenge...ugh! there's no place for me to go but down. i'm so happy that this challenge is beginning. i need it bad!!!

thankfully we have one more party left - this saturday...the last one! must get back on the healthy bandwagon.

heading off to zumba shortly.

sorry for the drive-by (no personals)
Old 12-29-2008, 09:08 AM   #93  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Chick B Gone View Post
It will be after January 3rd - the cutoff for starting weights. Be sure to go to the weigh in thread before then or you won't be put on a team.

Happy Sunday all! Back to work tomorrow - ick ick ick. I've used my garmin 305 that I got for Christmas twice already. I like new gadgets
Thankee, Ma'am!!
Old 12-29-2008, 10:20 AM   #94  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

As of this morning, I have lost exactly 40 pounds!!!!

I have 15 to go to reach the "healthy" weight range, so that's going to be my goal for this challenge.

I've been absent from the boards this weekend, but it was worth it. I cleaned my entire house, and I'm talking spring cleaning, not just the hide the clutter cleaning that it sometimes gets. Something about New Year's make me want to clean. I even came into work yesterday and cleaned out my desk and files.

I have managed to only miss one day of exercise in all of December, and that was Dec 1st, which I skipped due to driving back from WV after Thanksgiving. I'm going to go post my starting weight, I doubt I can lose much more between now and the 3rd.

Last edited by dixied; 12-29-2008 at 10:21 AM.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:52 AM   #95  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Those weights are going up like crazy. I should just go post mine now and then maybe have a big loss the first week. HHMM!! That's an idea. Yet somehow, I just didn't want to post a number over 200. It just might happen even if I wait.

Today starts my getting back on track. Time to measure, count and log everything that goes into my mouth. It worked last year, it should work again this year.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:03 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Okay, I'm weighed in. Only up 1lb from the last challenge - I guess my plan to eat what I want but STOP when full worked somewhat!

Today it's back to tracking my intake, tomorrow it's back to exercise, and my big 2009 goal-seeking kicks off on Thursday. Bring it on, challenge!
Old 12-29-2008, 11:24 AM   #97  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

I had a drs appt this am and I am still up about 6lbs from my pre-surgery weight. I was really frustrated, but the dr said it will take some time to get back down to 'normal'. It's only a number, right?! On top of that, our scale is broken, so I have to go pick up a new one today after work.
Hope everyone is doing well!

I am feeling ok, a little tired, but ok.

I am going to go to the gym to ride the bike, even if I can only do a few minutes tonight. I need to get back into my routine. Of course, I don't want to push myself too much, either.

I'm sure I'll be back around later...
Old 12-29-2008, 06:20 PM   #98  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

See Dee.

See Dee's health insurance company cancel her free gym membership benefits.

See Dee's insurance company not tell her that they cancelled the gym benefits.

See Dee find out that in 2 days she will have to start paying for her gym membership.

See Dee throw a world-class hissy fit!!!

Guess what I've been doing all afternoon...calling gyms to find a good deal. I like my gym, but for the price they charge, I don't like it that well. We were going to switch to a 24 hour gym so DH could go with me before work, that's how I found out that the insurance company in no longer offering that benefit, although they are charging us more for our new policy through DH's work. So now I'm going to be paying for two gym memberships, and DH will most likely not ever use his. I figured out that I could join the gym closest to my house and actually come out ahead of my free gym membership, where I drove 15 miles each way. Who would have thunk it? And I'd save time, holy cow, I could sleep in until 4:50am.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:32 PM   #99  
mj5

Dee that really stinks!!!

I did go to the gym. I only did 20 mins on the bike, but I didn't want to overdo it...I did promise my dr!

I am sure I will sleep good tonight! Work totally interrupted my nap time today!
Old 12-29-2008, 08:07 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 256/203/150

Height: 5'5"

Oh my gosh....how many calories do you burn laughing? Dee...your so funny! Yea, my husband used to go with me and then he figured out I was only working out and he decided he didn't need the gym. I pay for a family membership at the YMCA and I am the only one using it. Oh well, at least it's there if they want to do it and it's not much more for a family versus a single, plus they just built a brand new one where I live.

MJ5....be nice to yourself. You just had your surgery not very long ago and the weight will come off.

Jen....you can do this......we can all do this.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:22 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixied View Post
I figured out that I could join the gym closest to my house and actually come out ahead of my free gym membership, where I drove 15 miles each way. Who would have thunk it? And I'd save time, holy cow, I could sleep in until 4:50am.
Dee, way to spin an annoying situation into a positive! Getting to sleep in, save gas, save money, and STILL work out? Nicely done! Congrats on 40lbs gone, too!

Well I went wedding dress shopping today, and while I had a fantastic experience, it definitely added more motivation for the challenge. I want to show off some awesome arm muscles, not armpit-fat!
Old 12-29-2008, 09:29 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 270/252.0/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixied View Post
As of this morning, I have lost exactly 40 pounds!!!!
That is AWESOME!

I have Wed. afternoon off so I hope to use that time to get my food together and get off to a really good start. This challenge will be during my most busy time at work, but I've just got to make time for me!
Old 12-29-2008, 11:36 PM   #103  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Sorry I have been MIA - my parents are in town and staying with us and we have been busy busy!

I don't know how but my weight is down. I really have no clue how, as I haven't been working out much. Maybe it is a fluke. My anniversary is tomorrow (my 7th not 30th haha) and then there is NYE and I can go back to my "normal" ways after that. I have been eating a bit more than usual but not overdoing it. Maybe that is the secret, who knows. TOM just came though so I am sure I will be seeing ups and downs over the next few days.

My challenge goal is going to be to get to 150 which is my first goal weight. I am not sure if it's the end goal yet but it was the goal when I was 220lbs, so it will feel great to get there. I am so excited to make it to goal in 2009 and start to maintain and focus on lowering my body fat percentage!

Hope everyone is hanging in there and is excited to start the new challenge!
Old 12-30-2008, 12:01 AM   #104  
Becoming Less Fluffy

S/C/G: Then: 286 / Now: Ticker

Height: 5'4"

Default Hi!

Hi Rhonda...
Thanks for the welcome back on the sign up page. It was closed before I could respond. I missed you and everyone here too. Looking forward to chatting and losing and chatting and losing . . . and did I mention losing
Old 12-30-2008, 05:47 AM   #105  
mj5

Alrighty, so I bought a new scale last night... NOT happy w/ the # that is showing up....I was just weighed at the drs office yesterday and although I wasn't terribly happy w/ that # either, it was better than the # I just saw!!! Anyway, it's just a #, right?! I am going to wait a few days before I change my ticker, but if that is the 'real' number, then whatever....Yesterday was day 32 OP, I am counting these last few days even though I couldn't exercise, since it was a drs order.

Iwanawurkit--You are right. It's just a mental thing...I HATE seeing the scale go back up...especially so much!

My belly is sore today, so I am wearing workout pants to work. It will be an ultra casual day for me! I don't have any appts or anything. I'll let my supervisor know when I get to work, not that she will care--she'd rather have me there, than worry about what I am wearing!

I am planning another short visit to the gym tonight...I have my nieces bday party tonight so I need to be home in time for that. Plus, still don't want to overdo it.

I am only working today and tomorrow--although we should get sent home early tomorrow, then four days off! Yippee!

Have a great day everyone!