3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   "Just Beachy" - Black Team Chat #7 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/145537-just-beachy-black-team-chat-7-a.html)

LondonJulz 07-04-2008 02:52 PM

"Just Beachy" - Black Team Chat #7

Here's a new thread!!! Happy 4th to all!!!

SoulBliss 07-04-2008 03:52 PM

:carrot:

Diva 07-04-2008 03:53 PM

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/4thFlash.gif

theresia 07-04-2008 04:36 PM

I'm not American, But anyway Happy 4th July to all of you!!!

LondonJulz 07-05-2008 09:41 AM

Good morning ladies!!! I hope you all (well, all the U.S. of A. ladies) had a happy and safe 4th! We enjoyed ours.

QOTD:

If you had the option of a personal trainer or a personal chef for a year, which would you choose and why?

theresia 07-05-2008 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LondonJulz (Post 2255754)

QOTD:

If you had the option of a personal trainer or a personal chef for a year, which would you choose and why?

Well, it has to be a personal trainer.. I would enjoy that more.. I like cooking by myself,, I like simple food.. A personal trainer would be a big dream coming true.. Cuz, I know I can exercise more than I do right now,, I just need someone pushing me over my limits..

Nixmom 07-05-2008 01:11 PM

Committing to get here 3X's a week!

Hey teamies!

I have been MIA on the thread. Never really made consistent contributions but I am turning it around starting now! Yesterday I turned 37 (Ouch) and am fully well ready to be the best me ever this time next year! My 1st objective to do that is to get here at least 3 times a week. I've been weighing in but been scarce getting to the thread. All thats changing now!

QOTD answer - Personal trainer, for sure. My BF is a wonderful cook, and I do have some will power to make my own healthy meals, but the exercise is easy to push aside. Need someone riding my ever growing butt to get me going!

Hope you all had/have a great weekend! I'll be checking in frequently!

Oh.. and WOO HOO for winning week 8!

SoulBliss 07-05-2008 01:17 PM

Personal trainer, all the way!

just keep swimming 07-05-2008 01:40 PM

Definitely a personal trainer, although I'd take both if that were an option. ;)

Happy belated birthday, Nixmom!

SoulBliss 07-05-2008 01:55 PM

Hey, Nixmom, I'll be 36 this year, you are in good company! :woohoo: Happy Birthday!

Bette k 07-05-2008 02:24 PM

Hi Black Team,
Thanks for all the good thoughts coming my way, Jon leaves Monday.
I had a good fourth, and tonight is DH's class reunion so we are going to it for a little while. Sunday I'm making Jon's favorite stir fried chicken, he likes it in a sauce of basalmic vinegar and worstershire sauce., add all the veges in the house and serve with brown rice. It's one of the kids favorite meals.

Happy belated B-day to Nixmom. I also haven't beena s dedicates as I could have been. After I take Jon in Monday I'm hittin the road, I think the more I keep moving the less I will have to think about.

QOTD: personal trainer all the way, I know how to eat healthy and how to cook healthy, it's the keeping moving where I have problems, it's much easier to stay in my comfey chair with a good book than get out and sweat.
See you all next week.
Bette K

Purplefirefly 07-05-2008 04:21 PM

Okay, I'll be the odd ball...I would take the chef. I don't like to cook and would love someone else to take over and make it yummy.

Manick 07-05-2008 04:47 PM

Personal trainer!

I love cooking, and I do know how to make it healthy (most of the time! ;))

I'm sure I could exercise more efficiently, but I am enjoying what I am doing now. Feeling fitter! I'm going to try the Jillian Michaels: 30 Day Shred DVD everyone is raving about! Just got it from netflix today :carrot:

Ah, so, there, I have a personal trainer in an envelope now :D

Manick 07-05-2008 07:53 PM

:celebrate::balloons:Nixmom:balloons::celebrate:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

JuliaDH 07-05-2008 09:37 PM

For me it would be a personal trainer. Some third party to kick my butt would be awesome! Maybe a hottie so my hubby would get jealous and treat me like the princess more than the housekeeper.:p:D:p:D

ceegee 07-05-2008 10:50 PM

Hi Teamies!

Hope you all had an awesome weekend!

Hmmm....okay, I am going to take the chef, provided he (and of course he is hot) cleans up the kitchen too. I love to cook, but after working all day it would be nice to come home and have dinner ready and the kitchen clean. Then I could spend time with my boys and DH, and then have energy to workout when the boys went to bed.

:)

ceegee 07-05-2008 10:50 PM

happy birthday Nixmom!

ChopperChick355 07-05-2008 11:05 PM

First off Happy Belated Birthday Nixmom :bday2you:

Happy Belated Fourth Of July to Everyone as well!!!!

Been camping this past week with no internet seen on the news that we have 60% chance of rain tomorrow so came home a day early.. I was ready to come home so that I can get stuff done before going back to work.

I also need to congratulate everyone on the BLACK TEAM weight stats were not posted before we left and I see we KICKED SOME BOOTY again last week!!!! Great Job to ALL of YOU

I did have weigh in Tuesday night and lost another 1.8 pounds of which I will take can not say that this week will be very good with camping out my body is not used to have hamburger at least once a day whether it be for lunch or supper. So I will see come Tuesday....

Well I am going to try to go catch up on the last few pages that I have missed this week. Have a great Night

ChopperChick355 07-05-2008 11:20 PM

Well I will have to say that I need a chef that is need because I always make the same stuff but then again we are such picky eaters in my household..... But I would like to learn how to cook more with seasonings.

Just updated my ticker and realized through my journey that I am only .2 pounds from 20 lost.

Thanks RED and BLUE teams for the congrats!!!

smurf2110 07-05-2008 11:39 PM

Happy weekend to you all! I hope you are all enjoying it. I usually don't get on during the weekend, but I had to come share my NSV-went for a run tonight and when I got home I could feel my IT band tightening up so I told DH that I was going to go walk it off and boy oh boy did I get a second wind. I walked 3 min. and my legs were screaming at me to run and so I RAN and I RAN FAST! It was so AWESOME! This monavie drink I am drinking has added glucosamine and I really think that has helped me so much. My knees did not feel grindy and ache at all! YAY

I survived the 4th, but I will not call it an OP day ;) DH birthday and he got to choose what we ate-but it was very enjoyable!

As for the QOTD-I love to cook, BUT I love to watch and learn from other cooks too so I would go for the chef. I enjoy working out and can push myself. Actually after I had my first and before I had my second I was testing to become a personal trainer and would love to coach track one day.

Hope you all have a good rest of the weekend-see you Monday.

ggmugsy 07-06-2008 12:40 AM

I would totally do the personal trainer. :)

Julia - I admire anybody that can do in-home daycare. I'd pull all my hair out the first day.

Smurf - I'm going to have to check into that drink! I've been using Aspercreme on my knee and it works pretty well. I like that it isn't a pill.

Manick - Great love story and congratulations on the dress you wanted to wear being too big!! Whoo-hoo!!

Happy belated birthday Nixmom!!

Anne - It was great to see you here again!! :)

I read about the jumping rope challenge at 9:20 pm. Tired . . . been biking. My knee hurt, but I did one minute and 10 seconds!! :) I don't own a jump rope so I used an extension cord. lol.

I'm exhausted and heading to bed. I wouldn't say I was OP during the wedding on the 3rd and the 4th of July party, but pretty darned close. Had about half my normal wine consumption!!

I didn't find a dress for the wedding, but I did find a few cute shirts and received some nice compliments. :)

My BFF, Wendy, wants to do a triathlon next summer. DH was so sweet, he bought me a new bicycle today to help me train! My other one was 20 years old and not all the gears worked.

Take care everybody!!

SoulBliss 07-06-2008 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggmugsy (Post 2256621)
I would totally do the personal trainer. :)

:o WOULD you, now? :lol:

ChopperChick355 07-06-2008 11:40 AM

Good Morning!!!!!

Went through my mail this morning and my DVD is here I got the 30 Day Shred and I will be starting it today because it is way to hot and humid to do any walking outside today.

Julia - Home daycare is a challenge, when the boys were younger before school I wanted to stay home with them but didn't want to give up having extra personal spending money so I kept a set of newborn twins till they were 4 I only had them from 12-5 but that was challenge enough and when I hear others keeping 10-12 kids yeah I would be ready to pull my hair out when they all leave. It is rewarding to because they do love you so much and most of the time don't want to go home and that makes you feel good.

Smurf where are you getting that drink at? But then again I have decided that I am only doing 30 minutes of exercised per day because I am going to realistically think of life time and I only want to give up about 30-40 minutes a day for the rest of my life. I did also read online that they are saying 17 minutes should be the least amount you do and that 30 does just as good as 60 if you have 2-3 short bursts of all out during that 30 minutes. So I am going to give it a try.

Well I will talk to everyone later I have already recorded my weight for the week so that I don't forget.

happy2bme 07-06-2008 12:57 PM

Happy Belated Birthday Nixmom :hb: Hope it was happy.

Thanks Jules for posting a QOTD - I find it helps the chats move along sometimes when they get stuck.

I love to cook so I'd take the personal trainer. I had one once and I really liked him. Told him it was his job to push me and my job to whine and we each did our jobs REALLY well :lol: Personal trainers keep it interesting too - always trying to mix things up and showing you proper form and making sure you get the best out of each workout - things that are hard to do when you are your own trainer.

I made the most delicious smoothie this morning. Nice and refreshing on a warm summer day. While it doesn't fill you up, unlike cereal and carby things, it will keep the hungries at bay for a while...

1 container Yoplait Light FF Apple Turnover Flavor yogurt
about 10 walnut halfs or unsalted almonds
1 scoop plain or vanilla protein powder
1 medium apple chopped into chunks
dash of cinnamon to taste
4 to 6 ice cubes
apple juice - I fill the yogurt container about 2/3 full and swish it around a bit to get the rest of the yogurt out

Pop all ingredients in a blender. Blend for 2 minutes. If the mix gets too thick because of the ice cubes, you can thin it with a bit of water or more apple juice.

Enjoy!

angeline 07-06-2008 01:17 PM

hi everyone!!

hope you had a good 4th!

with regard to the QOOD: personal chef for me even though i love, love, love to cook. however my personal chef would have to do the grocery shopping and clean up. :p

i'm still really into my P90X workouts and Tony is my personal trainer, without a doubt. i worked with a personal trainer before (twice a week) and my weight steadily climbed during the entire process because i wasn't making healthy food choices. for me - it's all about the food!!!

and speaking of the food - time to come clean. the scale is up (between 2-3 lbs). it's been up and down now for several weeks. i've used a freebie week here and eeked out low #s for the weekly weigh-ins when i had to and then the scale would go right back up. Tomorrow i may have a gain and i need to report it. i cannot try to hide it with another freebie. i must be honest with myself (and you). i want to get back into my groove so am apologizing now - sorry black team. :(

i feel so much lighter already!! :D

ChopperChick355 07-06-2008 04:01 PM

Angeline it happens just get back on track and you will be good to go. I do believe most of us have gained some weight through this challenge but we then work twice as hard to lose it.

I did finally get my 30 Day Shred of which I wanted to start today but have't been able to get the TV for a bit as everyone else keeps watching something. I need to get started though because I have 28 days till vacation and want to try to be at least 2 inches less in my waist when we go... :)

Well I do need to get moving as we will be leaving for the races in the next 2 hours and boy it is hot and humid out today :(

Have a great evening everyone

Cheree 07-06-2008 04:05 PM

Hi Fellow Black Team Members! Happy belated 4th and happy belated birthday Nixmom!

I did the 3fatchicks 5K today and beat my previous time...I came in at 49:05 today. :carrot:

Have a great week everyone!

JuliaDH 07-06-2008 07:50 PM

:hug: to everyone

ChopperChick355 07-06-2008 08:25 PM

Well the races got cancelled due to rain, which is fine by me because maybe now I will be able to see what The Shred is all about!!!! It has been a pretty peaceful day so far got my laundry done, and my DH cooked supper tonight chicken with green beans. Oh and DH decided that losing a little weight would not be so bad for him either so he started following WW with me however he isn't going to the meetings but does have me figure his lunch points for him and I cook breakfast in the morning so he eats what I eat the biggest thing is he quit drinking Straight Coke and has went to Coke Zero and only 1-2 a day instead of 6+ we are talking 24 oz bottles not cans. It is just surprising how much quicker guys can lose the weight then us girls. He has already lost 8 pounds since last Tuesday that is more than a pound a day. WOW!!!
Well I suppose I should get my buns a rolling talk at you later :)

just keep swimming 07-06-2008 08:42 PM

Hello all! Funny story (ish). I went for a run today, and I was feeling great, thinking about how I had eaten on-plan and was exercising and what have you, and all of a sudden, a bird pooped on my head! No, really. It was pretty gross, but also kind of funny, if you think about it. :lol:

staja 07-06-2008 09:27 PM

Hello ladies!

My sister's bridal shower was today, so between working all week (including the 4th) and helping out with the shower, I've been busier than a bee! I did finally get a dress for the wedding (in September) and I hope it's going to be too big for me! It's a size 20, but I'm nearly in a size 18 right now - we'll see, though!

I spent Saturday running errands and making fresh hummus, white bean dip, and eggplant dip. That way, I could control the amount of sodium and fat are in each. Also, my sister hates tahini, so I didn't include it in any of them. For dessert, I made cupcake truffles, except I just made them in balls. I was dipping truffles at 7:00AM this morning!

And of course I took today as a cheat day. I probably went over my daily points, but I never touch my activity points or weekly allowance, so I'm not too upset by my choice. My aunt makes the best chocolate biscotti :D After I got home and napped a couple hours, I worked out for an hour and made a Boca Burger in a wrap.

I hope everyone had a great holiday & weekend, and keep up the good work. I'm really happy that so many people have stuck around in this challenge!

theresia 07-06-2008 09:34 PM

Hi everyone! I had a great day today, eating only healthy food. It's my rest day from workout,, it feels good to just relax :)
Nixmom - forget me for being late Happy Birthday!!

But the bad news is that I hurt my toe this evening :(.. I found a mouse in my house (the house is open for anything to enter.. last week I woke up with a frog in my bed :yikes:) ,, it came running towards me, so I jumped.. And it kinda stopped while it was under me,, so I had to take an extra jump while I still was in the air.. So when I landed I hurt my toe :(,, It's not broken, But it hurts when I walk,, hopefully it will get well by tomorrow,, So I can keep on exercising..
Anyway, Looking forward to a new week, Hope I'll lose some pounds till the next weigh in.. Have a nice evening.. Now I will go to bed and rest my little toe :)

ChopperChick355 07-06-2008 10:21 PM

Justkeepswimming- that is so funny, I would have been grossed out but it is funny. I walk/jog along a bike path with lots of trees and often wonder if that is going to happen.

Staja those truffles look so good..... Bridal shower and wedding it sounds like so much fun and of course lots of work.

Theresia hope your toe feels better in the morning but I do have to ask how the heck did a frog get in your bed?

Everyone have a great night

taragettingthin 07-06-2008 11:50 PM

I have been very bad this weekend. Festival, family gathering...sigh. But when I weighed today, I actually saw some loss (0.4lbs) so I'm wondering if I would've lost lots if I really watched what I ate. :( Well, hopefully the loss will stay there for tomorrow's weigh-in. I didn't skip any workout, and did over an hour of workout today to make it up, though... :D

Also, as far as QOTD, I'd def take the personal trainer. I like to cook, and unless the chef was a Korean, he won't be able to meet up my expectations. hahaha.. :D

Theresia, I'm sorry to hear about your toe..but I'm trying to pciture myself jumping while up in the air.. That sounds like it takes a lot of skill! Wow! :P

staja, wow... that looks really good. I bought a box of brownie to make bean brownies. I asked my bf to get some black beans for it and he got seasoned ones. Not sure if garlic will taste good with brownies. lol... so I have to take it back and get plain ones. :P

reda, that's great that your DH decided to join you in weight loss. I am hoping my bf will want to join soon, since he's gained quite a lot since he moved to Michigan. (his chin line is disappearing, his stomach is getting bigger...) But I don't want to hurt his feelings by telling him that I want him to lose weight. He knows and he says he's trying although I can't tell from the way he eats. Oh well... hopefully sooner than later. :P Also, hopefully you will get a chance to try 30-Day Shred. You will lose 2 inches in no time if you keep doing it. :)

Jessica, about 3 years ago, I went to Cedar Point in Ohio with my ex and his best friend. We just got there and we were walking around and I told them that I felt rain. They said it wasn't raining. Well, it turned out to be bird poop! It did rain like not even 20 minutes after the incident but that was the first time I got pooped on. It IS funny to talk about it, though, isn't it? lol

theresia 07-07-2008 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reda355 (Post 2257716)
Theresia hope your toe feels better in the morning but I do have to ask how the heck did a frog get in your bed?

Open windows :) No AC here, so I can't sleep with the windows closed,,

ceegee 07-07-2008 08:02 AM

Morning Team!

Jessica - lol! that is funny!

Remember to weigh in!!

Update your Gettin' Hot! Challenge post and award yourself extra points!

I am off for a vacation day of extreme fun....will report back on it later :)

Hope everyone has a great day!

ChopperChick355 07-07-2008 08:45 AM

Good Morning!!!

:goodscale Don't Forget today is WI Day :goodscale

Theresia that would make since I was just thinking a frog in my bed no way, how the heck but window open would let one in. How is your toe feeling this morning?

Taragettingthin you know I have not bugged him at all but kept saying I need to lose some weight so one day I told him that I would walk with him at night when he got of work because changing his eating habits well can't do to much because he is not a fruit and veg. person meaning he does not eat any fruits and only corn and potatos for vegetables. But he is not eating a couple bags of chips at work and not eating McD's or pizza for lunch and giving up that pop which has been cheaper on my pocket book this last week.:smug: Oh and brownies with garlic not to sure how good that would be??

Hope everone has a good day

happy2bme 07-07-2008 09:29 AM

Good morning everyone. Here's to a new week and new resolve.

Ceegee enjoy your vacation day!

Theresia - hope your toe feels better. Guess dealing with the woodland critters is not as exciting as a Disney cartoon, is it? :yikes:

Jessica - funny story but what an ewww moment!

Tara - can tell you from experience that garlic and brownies don't mix well unless you want to make something you won't be tempted to eat more than one of :lol: I did that once when I used bakeware that is "seasoned". Now I use different pans for sweets and savories.

reda - it is really a bummer how guys can just pop off the pounds. Then they get all chest thumping and say, "what's the problem" when we struggle. I'm sure just from giving up that much soda he will see big results.

Staja - congrats on the NSV for the dress. Hope you can alter it down.

Gotta run now, just wanted to say a quick hello. Have a good week and remember to weigh in.

chiquita623 07-07-2008 10:19 AM

Good Morning Everyone. Sorry I've been so MIA lately. For some reason I've been in a funk and just don't want to post or be around anyone. Guess I'm just not much fun right now. I've been like this in the past and I will get over it. So no worries.

I posted a gain. It seems like I gain and lose the same 3 or 4 pounds. I've gone from thinking I'm not getting in enough calories to thinking I'm getting too many. From thinking I'm getting in too much sugar/fat to not getting enough. I have no idea. Perhaps my body likes it here. I weighed right at 180 for years so maybe that has something to do with it. Who knows. I just know that I am getting frustrated!!!

Happy Monday to everyone. Have a good one. I'll try to hop back on here later today.

Keillynsmom 07-07-2008 10:31 AM

I'm with Laurie -- I hadn't thought things would get worse with my not-so-DH but they did and I'm in an utter funk. I'll get out of it eventually but not much fun to be around so I haven't posted because I didn't have anything positive to say but I have checked the board every day so I'm grateful for those of you who have been here -- it's helped keep me at least somewhere on track. I hope to do better this week, at least be more consistent with my food.

Good luck,

Barb