3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   "Just Beachy" - Black Team Chat #7 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/145537-just-beachy-black-team-chat-7-a.html)

trooworld 08-04-2008 02:29 AM

staja: I don't have any experience with that medication, I don't have high blood pressure, but my hubby does and the doc had to change his medicine like 4 times before he finally got one that worked for him. I heard that this is common to have to try so many different kinds. I hope this first one works for you.

Julia: I love camping! What have you come up with to eat that can fit into the diet? I can never figure out anything and end up eating things like chili cheese fritos and hot dogs and Doritos. I hope you do better than me! Have fun. Are you going in mountains or by a lake or where?

Gambaru: sorry to hear that your mom is unhappy and that your dad is so sick still. I hope things work out for you better and that you can enjoy the next challenge.

Cheree: thank you. You might notice that I always talk about food/what I am eating...can you tell that I am a food addict? ;) Seriously, I need to stop thinking about food all day and night. Congrats on doing your 5K! And you decreased your time, you must be "practicing". I admire you folks that can jog the 5Ks. I could walk them but that's about it. That's great that you went back to WW. It sounds like you have a good plan and a kick-butt attitude towards weightloss.

Man, I am tired. I just did 5 hours worth of work, 3 of which were on a phone conversation while taking notes. My eyes are bleary and I am going to go collapse in my bed and sleep in (hopefully, if the dog or cat don't wake me up!). I had such a busy day today, I didn't even have time to eat really. I ate some scrambled eggs and turkey bacon at breakfast, then I didn't eat anything again until about 2:00pm when I had a cheese stick and a handful of almonds. Then, no food until about 7:00pm. I was in an online training session for school and my hubby brought me a celery stick with Laughing Cow spread in it. Isn't he sweet? Then he made some fantastic Taco Soup, which I had a bowl of when I got done (at 8:00pm).

I will try to check in tomorrow sometime, but I am going to be pretty busy again tomorrow. Have a good night/day everyone! Sleep with the gods/God!

angeline 08-04-2008 10:22 AM

Hiya Team Members...I know long time no see. I've popped in occassionally to skim some posts here and there and to enter my weight each week but that's been it. It's high time I make some time to post.

Mannick - any word on those yoga classes?

I've decided it's time to change my workout focus as of this month. I'm putting aside the P90X for a while and make my workouts more yoga-focused. My body (and mind) seems to want to go in that direction. I've been thinking about it for a month now and the beginning of August seems like a fine time to make that change.

I will continue to use Coresynergistics from P90X weekly though. Love that workout - it's sooooo tough and I can see real progress. Actually I can see great strength improvements from P90X. I just need a change.

So, my goal is to go back to the Y and use the machines for cardio, incorporate yoga (making one of those sessions Coresynergistics and one a live yoga class and supplement the others with my yoga DVDs). I'm pretty excited about the change. We're travelling a lot this month and I have a bit going on during the week so I hesitate to say X number of cardio and X number of yoga. But I'll go out on a limb and shoot for 3-4 of both per week.

I'm also excited to say the scale FINALLY moved for this week's weigh-in!!! Down 2 which makes it a total of 10 lbs for TBL challenge. I'm looking for the next TBL challenge.

LondonJulz 08-04-2008 11:11 AM

Hey Team!!! It's

WEIGH-IN DAY
!!!!

Don't forget to edit your weigh in posts! Only ONE MORE WEIGH-IN AFTER TODAY!!!! Can you even believe it????

ggmugsy 08-04-2008 12:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I hope everybody has a great weigh in today. :)

Troo - I agree about your spinach salad. It sounds wonderful!

Well, here is the floor!! We haven't put the trim on and our furniture is still in my son's bedroom, but I LOVE IT!!

GirlyGirlSebas 08-04-2008 12:34 PM

Mindy..your new floors are beautiful!

Manick 08-04-2008 12:53 PM

Oooh so pretty, Mugsy! Enjoy! Don't you love the feel of smooth, bare floors? :D

Just popping in...will be back later. Had a sick dog this morning she is shaking like she's having some sort of seizure..? Ugh. She's at the Vet now. AND it's DH's birthday and she's his "baby"...hopefully she will be OK. I am working this AM too, power panel blew out in one of the sterile labs at work so we are waiting for the electrition to show up. Hoping I can get out for some exercise later, but its not looking likely at this point:p I may settle for a walk at lunch.

I have a list of yoga classes to check out this month, Angeline! :)

Have a good Monday Black team!:cool:

just keep swimming 08-04-2008 01:07 PM

Manick - I hope your dog is OK!

I'm doing my Midsummer's Night 5k tonight (a little late, but better late than never, right?). Better hurry, cause there's already a sign-up thread for the next one!

What's plurking?

ggmugsy 08-04-2008 01:15 PM

Thanks everybody!! I'm cleaning carpets today. The dirty carpets against the fresh, clean floor is totally depressing.

I'm with Jessica - what's plurking??

Manick - Tell DH happy b'day from us!! Hope your pooch is okay and feeling better soon.

Manick 08-04-2008 01:28 PM

http://www.plurk.com/user/Manick
It's like being able to shoot a one-line response out anytime to all your friends via instant message at the same time, but they can respond or not respond as they feel like as it appears on your profile. You can be private or public, just muse out loud or not. Kind of like modern poetry or those magnetic fridge "feelings" kits that used to be so popular. Blue and Red are using it to check in between challenges and keep up on off topic ideas and such...Black is sadly under-represented...jump on in! Add me as a friend and you'll get the hang of it!

Cheree 08-04-2008 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manick (Post 2301017)
http://www.plurk.com/user/Manick
It's like being able to shoot a one-line response out anytime to all your friends via instant message at the same time, but they can respond or not respond as they feel like as it appears on your profile. You can be private or public, just muse out loud or not. Kind of like modern poetry or those magnetic fridge "feelings" kits that used to be so popular. Blue and Red are using it to check in between challenges and keep up on off topic ideas and such...Black is sadly under-represented...jump on in! Add me as a friend and you'll get the hang of it!

I signed up for a Plurk account...I invited you to be a friend (I'm "cheree" there and I put my "real" name as "Sherry Smith"...). The only thing I don't like about it is that it wants you to use your real name...I don't use my real name on anything like that.

trooworld 08-04-2008 01:41 PM

Mindy: your floor looks great!!! You guys did a great job on it too. I have some leftover shrimp, so I may make another one of those salads for lunch. Yummy.

Manick: I hope your poochie feels better. I know how scary it can be when a pet is sick. And happy bday to your hubby.

Good luck at weigh in everyone, and Happy Monday! (is that an oxymoron?)

glitterlicious 08-04-2008 01:43 PM

hey everyone!

today is weigh in day and I'm down 3 pounds from last week :) I can't believe that there is only one week left in this challenge, and I also can't believe I'm only 9 pounds away from my final goal. How exciting!!!

It'll be sad once the challenge is over. I've really enjoyed it and it's been a great motivator.

Let's give it all we got and win the last week!

Manick 08-04-2008 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheree (Post 2301034)
I signed up for a Plurk account...I invited you to be a friend (I'm "cheree" there and I put my "real" name as "Sherry Smith"...). The only thing I don't like about it is that it wants you to use your real name...I don't use my real name on anything like that.

Cheree, I don't either! You can go in now and change your profile name to Cheree! :D

Thanks everybody for the dog-wellness wishes! I HOPE she is OK too! She was so odd this morning, just sitting on the carpet by the door shaking. The Vet is observing her for a few hours then I will bring her to work with me for the rest of the day. I'm sneaking her into my office since I am alone in there today. The vet thinks she's having muscle spasms for some reason :( they want her on muscle relaxer for 2 weeks which makes her very subdued and sleepy. Not a happy puppy.

I am peeved that I was 199 again today...I know, I know...so "sad", but I was seeing lower #'s earlier in the week, but yesterday I did some serious weight lifting with my brother in his gym and I was sore enough last night that I'm sure I'm just holding water like crazy to repair all that. Grrr. Only one week to get to 195? Not sure about that :dizzy: I will keep on keeping on tho!

Manick 08-04-2008 01:56 PM

Wow Cheree you are quick...you are already listed as Cheree! Welcome to plurk! the responses are under yours-a little number tells you how many messages are listed under the main visible one.

Cheree 08-04-2008 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manick (Post 2301087)
Wow Cheree you are quick...you are already listed as Cheree! Welcome to plurk! the responses are under yours-a little number tells you how many messages are listed under the main visible one.

Plurk is cool! Thanks! Keep us posted on your dog!

trooworld 08-05-2008 01:59 AM

Hello everyone! How's it going out there? I hope you all had a successful weigh in. I feel pretty good about my weigh in, it's only -1.2 but that is better than it's been lately.

Today was my first day of school and the class is so easy, it's a nice way to slide into the semester. Just a lot of tasks to do and interactive things. It's fun.

Good night.

just keep swimming 08-05-2008 10:41 AM

Hello all!

Thinking about signing up for Plurk, looks kinda fun.

I did the 3fc 5k last night and beat my best time! 36:09! :D I'm super excited! That's only the second time I've run that far in my life. :lol:

theresia 08-05-2008 11:27 AM

Hello Team!
I think we might have a chance to win this week.. :) At least we lost more pounds than the others team, it all depends on if the percents goes higher..
This is the last week, I will work out a lot.. Hoping to see 135 by the end of the week.
I just saw that the sign ups for the next challenge are up. I don't know yet if I shall sign up, don't really know where my goal weigh is.. I'll wait some weeks and see where I am at the scale..
Will do 30DayShred and 60 min WATP tonight, looking forward to it !!
Have a nice day!

Diva 08-05-2008 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggmugsy (Post 2300928)
I hope everybody has a great weigh in today. :)

Troo - I agree about your spinach salad. It sounds wonderful!

Well, here is the floor!! We haven't put the trim on and our furniture is still in my son's bedroom, but I LOVE IT!!

Mindy, I lo0ve your floors! We put the same thing down in our Bathroom & Kitchen in the Spring. I am undecided if I want that in the living room, or just some new carpet...*sigh*

Anywho, Y'all go get signed up for the next challenge!!!! :D

Manick 08-05-2008 01:16 PM

Hey Team!

Our last week...:cry: BUT...we can do it again :D I've really enjoyed chattin with you all this challenge, and I'm really looking forward to the next one!

We've planned a belated anniversary trip for next March to Mexico :cool: and I'd LOVE to face the December holidays a good 20-30 lbs lighter. I am going to work as hard as I can to make it so!!!! I'm feeling SO much better than I did back in April, loving the exercise and the eating better...it IS making a difference for me.

How about you all...what is your goal for the next 20 weeks of your life? Come January 1, 2009 what would you like your life, your body, your future to look like?

Have a great day Black Team:hug:

blueyedlvrgirl 08-05-2008 01:40 PM

Hello there Teamies!
Manick---What a GREAT question! Hmm...I would like to be at my 2nd 10% (259.2 lbs.) goal by the beginning of the new year. That is 30 lbs from where I am right now. I think that is totally doable! That would land me at about 60 lbs down from where I started. More would be great, but with the holidays, it will be harder to lose. Aside from weight loss, I would like to have 6 more classes completed towards my degree. I would also to be looking at making more money (my annual review should be right around then). I also hope to be on the verge of an engagement. February will be the 3 year mark for my bf and I, so I think it will be about time for a bigger commitment by then. That will also put me at 9 1/2 months until my sister's wedding. I am her maid of honor and I would REALLY like to be under 200 lbs by then. If I get to 259 by Jan, that would give me 9ish months to lose the last 60 lbs to get to 199. Also doable, if I stay committed.

I can't wait until the next challenge starts! Since there won't be a black team, I don't know which team to sign-up for. What team is everyone going to use as their preference? I would like to try and stick with at least a few of the same people!

Anyway, I better get back to work! Have a great day everyone!!!!

--Misty

taragettingthin 08-05-2008 01:48 PM

Congrats! :cheer: We won this week, I think... :D

Manick, my goal for the next 20 weeks or so would be same as yours..although I would like to lose about 8-10 lbs per month, it looks like I did about 7 lbs per month for the past two months. I would like to be in 150's by December... The TBL challenge really helped me to stay strong... so hopefully the next one will also carry me through. :D

Manick 08-05-2008 02:17 PM

Hm, well I said Blue...just because I've been following their chats more, but I'd really like to be with most of you teamies that are returning....not sure how to communicate that tho...

Misty-"Blueeyed" are you asking for Blue?

We have some of our team that have REALLY made big progress this time...perhaps are done being so close to goal...HUGE congrats to them!

Theresia, Glitter HUGE congrats to you both! You've done an awesome job!!

Manick 08-05-2008 02:26 PM

Week 14 Weight Loss Percentage: 0.56%

Week 14 BLACK Team Biggest Loser: Cheree - -3.4 lb - 2.21%

:sunny:WHOO HOO!!!!:sunny:

chiquita623 08-05-2008 02:33 PM

I signed up for the next challenge but I didn't specify which team I wanted. I just told them to put me where needed. I really feel bad that I didn't contribute more to this challenge. I ended up gaining!!! I seem to have a mental block about getting below 180. Every time I get down to this weight I end up staying here for a while (think 8 months) or end up gaining. So I suppose I need to use the down time between challenges to get some things in order for the next one.

Oh and about the nutritionist - all we did the other day was paperwork. She said we have to come back and she will get into some details about eating and such. Man I was so prepared to get all the scoop but I suppose it will have to wait until after our appointment on Saturday morning. And it's a 4 hour appt!! But I'll let you all know what she says.

Better get off here for now. Talk to you all later.

theresia 08-05-2008 02:46 PM

:carrot:We Won!!:carrot:
Congrats Cheree!!

Thanks Manick! My goal for the next 20 weeks is to lose my last 8 pounds and <b>not</b> gain them back... When I go back to Sweden again in October, I'll start to run. My goal is to run 5k under 30 minutes by the end of the year. Some years ago I used to run 3-5 km 3 times/week, want to get back there, but move up the level to 5 - 10 km. I think it's doable..

Fat Chick B Gone 08-05-2008 02:55 PM

Way to go Black!! You guys have been busting some ***!!! :carrot:

Cheree 08-05-2008 03:03 PM

Yeah Black Team!!!! :bravo:

I didn't think I would be the Black Team biggest loser for Week 14 but it must be based on who lost the most %, but congrats to all losers!!! We had a LOT of losers this past week. :congrat:

glitterlicious - congrats for your 3 pound loss and being only 9 pounds from your goal weight!!! :dancer:

Manick - hope your dog continues to improve!!! Don't worry, you'll get down below that 199 in no time!!! Do you check your measurements? (like waist, hip, etc.)...could be that you're toning your muscles and you might see a change in the tape measurement results even if the scale isn't moving down. Your floor looks great!!! How fun that you have planned an anniversary trip for next March to Mexico! :sunny:

trooworld - 1.2 pounds down is great! Congrats! Glad your class was easy. :book2:

just keep swimming - Great time on your 5K!!! :running:

theresia - Good luck with seeing your goal of 135 by the end of the week. I'm a fellow WATP'er. Great idea combinging the 30 Day Shred with a WATP workout. I haven't gotten my copy of the 30 Day Shred, but I'm going to. :exercise:

chiquita623 - Sounds great that you're meeting with a nutritionist. Will be interested to see what she has to say!!! :hungry:

Good luck with your Jan. 1, 2009 goals blueyedlvrgirl , theresia, Manick, and taragettingthin!!! :goodluck:

By January 1, 2009, I would like to have been maintaining my goal weight for a few weeks and even gone below it (I set it at the high end for my age/height). I hope to have a job by then too... Also, I hope I am still working out as much as I am now and eating just as healthy (I plan to keep improving my overall healthy and healthy habits for the rest of my life.)

I've enjoyed this team a lot, thank you all! If some of you are going for the Blue, I think I will as well.

LondonJulz 08-05-2008 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manick (Post 2302724)
How about you all...what is your goal for the next 20 weeks of your life? Come January 1, 2009 what would you like your life, your body, your future to look like?

Great question. Come January 1, I would like to be to my goal weight and pregnant! I know that sounds odd. But, I only have about 30 pounds to lose before I'll be at my goal that I set for myself. One reason why I wanted to start losing weight was so that we could have more children. So - that is my goal.

As for signing up for teams - I did sign up to be a participant in the next challenge. I requested the Blue team as well... mainly because they get to ogle at Bob more... ;):D

Diva 08-05-2008 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LondonJulz (Post 2302928)
Great question. Come January 1, I would like to be to my goal weight and pregnant! I know that sounds odd. But, I only have about 30 pounds to lose before I'll be at my goal that I set for myself. One reason why I wanted to start losing weight was so that we could have more children. So - that is my goal.

As for signing up for teams - I did sign up to be a participant in the next challenge. I requested the Blue team as well... mainly because they get to ogle at Bob more... ;):D

HA! Mel & Sugar & Spice are also Bob oglers! hehe RED team loves Bob too!

Julz, I hope you get what you want. What a great Christmas pressie to be @ goal and preggers!!!!:hug:

blueyedlvrgirl 08-05-2008 03:31 PM

I signed up for BLUE too, I am tryin' to stay with as many of you as possible!!! YAY!!! WE WON!!!! AGAIN!!!! For now, it's go BLACK!!!

happy2bme 08-05-2008 06:32 PM

Congrats on the win this week :yay:

ceegee 08-05-2008 07:49 PM

Hi Teamies!!

Great job this week! I hope you all don't mind if I sign up for the next round and follow you all to BLUE. I don't have alot of weight to lose, but you know I am good for sticking with it and supporting my teamies :)

CONGRATS Cherree!!!!!!

Manick, was it your sick doggie? Or someone elses? How is poochy???

Hmmm Jan 1 goal....I need to learn to be happy with myself. I actually got bummed the other day when I tried on a 8 and they fit (I wanted the 6). wtf??!!!???!!!! It is a serious mental block for me. I need to work on it or I will never be content.

orthodiva 08-05-2008 09:02 PM

I'm excited there will be another challenge bc I would love to be in top shape by the time the holidays roll around! I'll go wherever I'm assigned since I didn't participate in the threads too much this time, but I did like being in the challenge itself. It force me to be conscious of my weight all week since the Monday weigh-in would be here before I knew it.

angeline 08-05-2008 09:04 PM

YEAH US!!!

I'm sad there will be no black team for the next challenge. Although I haven't been able to participate as much as I'd have liked, I really enjoyed meeting all of you. It would've been nice to have continued on together.

taragettingthin 08-05-2008 09:26 PM

I also asked for Blue team.... and I hope to see many of you in the next challenge at the same team! =)

I'm little bit busy at work right now but I got some story to tell ya... So I will be back on later. ;)

staja 08-05-2008 09:30 PM

Hello All!

Just checking in for the week - I've had the munchies all night tonight, and I'm ridiculously snacky still, even though my stomach hurts and I've already eaten dinner and a post dinner snack. Probably just telling me I should go to bed early!

Well, I hope to see all of you in the next challenge - it's really been helping to keep me accountable. See you all later!

just keep swimming 08-05-2008 10:22 PM

Ooh, Julz, that is a great goal!! How exciting!

I am definitely in for the next challenge, but I haven't decided whether I am going to request a team or not.

Congrats to Cheree!! And way to go all of us! :D

My goal for the new year is to be at a "normal" BMI for my height, and a size 8. Ultimately, I would love to lose 50 pounds and get to 126, but my goal for the foreseeable future is 136. I might try to maintain that for a while before going after the last 10. My other goal is to continue to improve my running. Bet it will be easier after the next 15 pounds! :D

glitterlicious 08-06-2008 12:01 AM

hey everyone...

I see everyone is talking about the new challenge...I am debating on whether or not to sign up. I really loved this challenge. It kept me accountable every week and encouraged me to stay on track. But by the time the other challenge starts, if all goes according to plan I'll only be about 2-4 pounds away from my goal. Since its called the biggest loser and not the biggest maintainer, I don't know if I should stick around. I really wanna participate though. Ah!

Anyways, I've been OP and working out as usual. I'm moving into level 2 of the 30 day shred tomorrow. I'm kind of nervous but I'll see how it goes. I also have a 5K race on Sunday that I'm really excited about. :)

ceegee 08-06-2008 01:16 PM

Hi Teamies!

So are we all geared up for this last weigh in? I'm challenging all of us to get our
fAT ASSES IN GEAR AND WORK IT!! That's right, I sad fat! Let's not forget that though we've accomplished alot we still need to lose more and finish with a bang!Now move it!! Do a little more than you normally do.

LOVE YA BLACK TEAM!!!!!!