3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   "Just Beachy" - Black Team Chat #7 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/145537-just-beachy-black-team-chat-7-a.html)

Nixmom 07-21-2008 08:28 AM

Morning Black Team!

I kinda lost track of time, plus have had a house full of crabby people for one reason or another allllll last week through the weekend. so...

Havasu was great (two weekends ago). Boat ran fantastic and tubing was an unbelievable work out! This weekend we took our family to the happiest place on earth Disneyland. Spent a small fortune to get in. Walked about eleventy billion miles and called it quits about 7 hours in. Crabby + Crowds does not equal fun. at least not past 7 hours. :D Going to Laughlin/Mohave this coming weekend and hoping that the tension in the air will have dissipated. I really dont want to go through 2 weekends of attitude in a row. However it does upset my stomach so much that it advances the weightloss!:smug: I know, not the way to go about it.

BUT, I am down this morning on the scale. Gotta hurry and go weigh in on the thread before I have to take off for work. Hope you all have a wonderful day, and I will check back soon! GO BLACK!

OolongFormosa 07-21-2008 09:07 AM

hello, ladies :)
I passed all of my exams and tonight I'm flying home :)
I can't wait to see my parents and sisters. weight is still the same but I hope that the sun and the beach will do the thing for me and that I'll post some progress next week :)

smurf2110 07-21-2008 09:23 AM

Oh man did I have a fall this weekend! Ate CRAP and skipped my Saturday run-so I got up early to get back on track and finished a GREAT workout before I would normally be awake! It feels great and as I sit here the house is quiet and I am just going to enjoy it for a few min. before all you know what breaks loose.

I have lots of catching up to do on the thread and a newborn session to complete, but I should be around more than I have been-at least until Thursday through the weekend which is a HUGE holiday here and we have company coming and lots of food fun and more planned through the weekend.

School starts back up in less than a month-I cannot believe how fast the summer has flown by!

Terri in MO 07-21-2008 10:20 AM

Happy Monday team!

The weekend went by in a blur. Maybe that was a sweat causing the blur. I spent several hours outside working on getting all the trim mowing done..once again. Since we've not had rain in a few days, maybe I will stay caught up for more than five minutes. It is great upper body work. I also did some swimming in the pool this weekend. I just didn't spend much time at the computer to post.

This week I'm really working at getting life back on track from all the job trauma. I'm still going through it as I am in the interview process for keeping a position but I'm really working on not letting it get to me. So I'm back to basics. I am going back to journalling my food because, really, I get too lazy when I don't. Even though I find it boring, I do so much better when I do. I will work at keeping the added sugars under control as I'm afraid I have been way to unmindful in that regard. With the outside work finally sort of under control, I am back to the fitness center and horseback riding this week. I can still make my goal for the challenge end if I get focused now.

Keep up the great work and support! :wave: to all!

glitterlicious 07-21-2008 10:48 AM

hey everyone! don't forget to weigh in today.

So this week I lost 5.5 pounds...which is a lot for a week. I'm sure most of it has to do with the fact that I came down with strep throat yesterday and have been living off of popsicles, jello, eggs, slim fast, and soup. I feel terrible right now. My doctor said to take 4 days off so I guess I won't be able to exercise for a while... :( Hopefully I'll be able to hit the road again by Friday.

ceegee 07-21-2008 10:50 AM

Hi team!

manick and julia - congrats!!

soul - any better today?

jessica- cute new pic!

will catch up more later...missed you guys!

bethbeth 07-21-2008 10:57 AM

This is my third week in a row posting the number 173. I'm sick of this number. Next week will be different! Please!

I ran 2 miles yesterday. The next 3FC 5K is just around the corner!

trooworld 07-21-2008 11:49 AM

Hello everyone. I hope you all are well. As usual, the weekend was really busy and I didn't have time to come read and post. Hopefully I can catch up today, but there is a lot going on. I have to schedule an appt with my doctor because my knee is still bothering me. It is especially bad after I go for my walks. I didn't lose any weight this week, but atleast I didn't gain it. I am going to really try to eat on plan 100% of the time this week. Have a good day everyone!

just keep swimming 07-21-2008 12:01 PM

ceegee - Thanks!

Soul - Hope you are feeling a little better about your daughter. :hug: to you, and please, don't ever feel bad for asking for support!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bethbeth (Post 2279248)
The next 3FC 5K is just around the corner!

Yeah, and those of you who want in should click the link in my (or Manick's!) signature and sign up! :D

Have a lovely Monday, black team!

blueyedlvrgirl 07-21-2008 01:07 PM

Hey Team!
Hope everyone had a great weekend! Mine was very busy! I am posting a 3.4 lb loss this week! My biggest ever! I have to say that I honestly believe it is b/c of the Bodybugg. I am only 4.6 lbs from my 10% goal...I CAN DO THIS!
Glitter and Soul, I hope you are feeling better!
Smurf, glad you didn' hurt yourself badly!

Everyone else...Have a great Monday!

Bye for now...
Misty

Manick 07-21-2008 02:58 PM

Black Team TODAY is Weigh IN Day!!!

Don't forget to log in for week 12!

Busy day for me :hug:'s to my team! :cool:

theresia 07-21-2008 04:53 PM

Hello Team!
I've been pretty busy the last week, have a friend visiting with her son. So there's not so much time for the computer. Anyway, my exercise goes well. My friends son (11 year), joins me when I'm doing 30 Day Shred. He likes it a lot..
Level three is really a killer. I get so tired.. But it gets easier every time I do it.
I posted 1 pound loss this week. Hope I'll lose one more by thursday (my weigh in day). That means 20 pounds since this challenge started :)
Happy Monday everyone!

ChopperChick355 07-21-2008 05:12 PM

Well I just wanted to drop in and say HI!!! I really do only have seconds before I have to get going but wanted to see how my favorite BLACK TEAM is doing? I will try to log on later for personals.

However I do have to say Misty and Glitter great weightlosses this week that is awesome we should have it in the bag this week :)

orthodiva 07-21-2008 09:18 PM

Hi everyone!

This weekend I found myself a walking buddy! I'm excited because I like to walk well after sunset and just feel a tiny bit nervous walking in the dark.

When is the 5K challenge? I never thought I would run, but I got a little bored of the elliptical. I have just motivated myself to run 20 min a day, although I have to take about 2 - 3 30 sec breaks in between to hydrate and wipe off the sweat. Sounds like 5K could be a good goal for me.

just keep swimming 07-21-2008 09:58 PM

Ortho - the next 5k is August 1-3, and you can sign up here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145665

I never thought I would run either, but I got bored too, of always doing the arc trainer. Now I actually enjoy running, which I never thought possible before.

LondonJulz 07-21-2008 11:01 PM

Hello teamies!!! I'm baaaack. Wow... I JUST rolled into my parents house about 5 minutes ago. I did get to weigh-in today, so I JUST posted it. I will have results up tomorrow, but it will be later afternoon. I'm leaving here in the morning with my kiddos to head back to Oklahoma after being gone over a week and a half. I'll be glad to be home. I can't wait to get back and catch up with you all!!!! I just wanted to post here about the delay in having the results posted tomorrow.

:hug: to you all!!!!

Terri in MO 07-22-2008 09:27 AM

Morning team,

You guys have inspired me to check out the C25K program. I'm sure it will take me much longer than 9 weeks to get there; however, it is something I can work on as motivation. I am downloading the podcasts to assist me. I did my first workout last night. 30 minutes on the treadmill. I didn't jog the 60 second segments but I did bump the speed .5 mph on the intervals recommended. I had worked up a good sweat by the end and it felt like a great workout. I've been having trouble with fluid on a knee (thanks to arthritus) so I'm taking it slow. Hey, if I can jog for a good part of a 5K by next spring, I will be thrilled. I can walk it now but would love to be able to jog it. :strong:

ggmugsy 07-22-2008 02:45 PM

I'm BACK!!!

Kids flew out this morning and just landed!!

Manick - Onederland!!! Whoo-hooo!! Congratulations!!

Glitter & all you other losers!! Congratulations!!

Misty - I'm in awe of what you've accomplished since you caught your BUGG!!

I ran this morning and am back in the groove. Going to lose 8 - 10 pounds during the 6 weeks kiddos are gone. I have a bunch of projects planned and can hardly wait to get started!!

blueyedlvrgirl 07-22-2008 03:40 PM

Thanks Mugsy!

I have a question about our Gettin' Hot Challenge...Are we going to continue the same one, since August is only a partial month or we going to start a whole new challenge? Also, what is the bonus challenge for Sat? If one hasn't been suggested, may I suggest dumbbell curls or flights of stairs? I think either of them would be pretty easy for most people to get access to.

theresia 07-22-2008 04:08 PM

Hello!
About the challenge, I suggest we keep going with the same challenge in August, since it's only 9 days in August. For bonuspoints, dumbbell curls works for me,, What does "flight of stairs" means?? Walking up and down?
I think we have a good chance of winning this weeks weigh in, If I didn't count to bad. Let's wait and see what Julz says :)
Now I'm going to go and to Day 24 of 30DS, almost done!

blueyedlvrgirl 07-22-2008 04:47 PM

Theresia: Yes, I was thinking we could go up and down. Pretty much everyone can find a flight of stairs to go up and down. Starting today, 3 times during my 8 hours, I am going up and down the 2 flights 5 times. I figure it gets me out of my seat and moving around.

glitterlicious 07-22-2008 10:12 PM

hey everyone! :)

feeling slightly better today. I ate more normally, even though I am still pretty much on a liquid diet. Now that I'm on antibiotics I'm getting better by the day. My goal is to get back to working out by Thursday or Friday, but I'll just have to take each day as it comes. It sucks that I have to go through this but that's life. We're all going to get sick at one point or another, and you just have to focus on getting better and then get back on track.

LondonJulz 07-22-2008 10:32 PM

Results are in!!! GREAT JOB LADIES!!!!!!!

Glitterlicious - :congrat: for being our Biggest Loser this week!!!

AND

Manick - :woohoo: for making it into ONEderland this week!!!

Bette k 07-22-2008 11:09 PM

Hi Black team
I'm putting together the first care package for my son, I'm sending him some pretzels, gatorade powder, gummy bears, fiber bars, some cookies, both storebought and home made, and my MIL made rohliky which is like a crescent rolls with poppy seed on top. The post office has boxes where you pay one price for postage and then it covers anything you can fit in the box. They told me to put as much in as I can fit and make it heavy. He's looking forward to it allready and I haven't sent it yet.

Soulbliss: I can feel your pain about letting your daughter go on her trip. It's hard to let them go, and I know i don't want my son to make the mistakes I may have made, but I also need to let him make his own way.

Orthodiva: Congrats on finding a walking buddy, I live way out in the country so I usually have to walk by myself, wish i had a buddy to keep me going.

Glitter: Hope you feel better soon. Congrats on being the Biggest loser.

Everyone Else have a great week. I'm not working tomorrow, Ragbrai is having an overnight in the town I work in, it's a bike ride across Iowa, and they expect over 20,000 bike riders in town tomorrow. Yes there are twenty thousand bikers riding across Iowa this week. yes 2 wheeled pedal bikes, no motors allowed.

taragettingthin 07-22-2008 11:09 PM

Sounds like everyone is doing great! I have made a big decision to do more cardio and started doing it this week. My WATP first try went great and I actually finished the whole 4 miles. :) When I finished 2 miles and was going on 3 miles, my bf asked "Does it feel like you did 3 miles?" I was like No, not really...but I can tell you that if this was the first workout I ever did, I would've been sitting down right now all sweaty and holding my back... (yeah, i used to have problem even standing up in kitchen for over 15 minute because of my lower back. Now, no problem even with 2 hours! :) )
I did C25K day 1 of Week 3 today. Last time I tried, I didn't make through week 2 and kinda stopped doing it. Now, I'm doing it even at home... I mean, if I can walk home and jog little bit at home, why not do C25K at home if I can't go outside bc of my DD? So yesterday, I did 80 minutes of workout and today, 90 minutes altogether! yay! :)

And... YAY to us, black team! GREAT JOB! GREAT JOB! GREAT JOB!!!

ChopperChick355 07-22-2008 11:26 PM

congratulations black team :) I knew we could do it.

Special congrats to Manick for onderland and to
Glitter for the super weight loss this week!!!!

blueyedlvrgirl 07-23-2008 11:52 AM

Where is everyone???

theresia 07-23-2008 12:18 PM

Yay, we won!!!
Glitter - Congrats on being the biggest loser!!
I'm not here as often as I should.. I'll try to do better those last 3 weeks.

Manick 07-23-2008 12:56 PM

WHOOO!!! Morning Black Team WINNERS! :D Let's do that again!!!!

I'm off to exercise soon with the big Boxer baby (we are dog sitting again) Boxer baby is becoming better behaved and is growing up.

3 weeks left team! Let's make 'em count!!!!

ceegee 07-23-2008 01:32 PM

Hey teamies!

Let kick it up and burn off some fat!

:)

chiquita623 07-23-2008 02:58 PM

Just wanted to say congrats to Glitter for being our biggest loser this week and also a huge pat on the back to Manick for making it to onderland. Those are both big accomplishments and you both should be proud of yourselves.

Not much new with me. DBF and I are taking his mom out for dinner tonight. Italian - yum!!! I will be good and eat healthy. I have already promised myself that. Then Friday I'm off work to take my dad to the doctors (I think only 2 but could be more - I'll have to check my book when I get home). Saturday DBF is doing his Richard Petty Driving Experience where he gets to drive a Nascar type vehicle. He's pretty excited about that. I get to sit in the stands and take pictures. Maybe I'll do something productive and run up and down the stairs. Sunday will be the recoop day and maybe go out in the boat. Now that I wrote it all down it looks like I'm going to be pretty doggone busy. I'll have to find time to go to the store in there too. My cupboards are getting bare!!

Enough about that stuff. Just wanted to check in. I'll try to be back later in the week.

Mrs Snark 07-23-2008 03:08 PM

Just popping in to say CONGRATULATIONS BLACK TEAM! I just came back from vacation and see ya'll won the week! GREAT JOB! :carrot:

trooworld 07-23-2008 06:52 PM

Soul: I am sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time with your daughter being gone. It must be hard to be out of contact with her, I know from talking to you privately that you have a very close bond. I'm sure she is a smart girl and is being very careful when traveling. I hope she is having a great time and that you can feel some peace knowing she is having fun. She will be back soon enough, try to enjoy your time alone. :hug:

Glitter: congrats congrats congrats! You never fail to be awesome, girl.

chiquita: it sounds like your hubby is going to be in man-heaven. Have fun watching the spectacle!

Manick: yay you are in onederland! Congrats.

To everyone else on the black team: hello there. Sorry I haven't been here to give (and get!) support, I've been very busy doing freelance work and living la vida loca. I've not gotten much exercise in, my knee has been hurting. I went to the doctor's on Tuesday and he said that my right knee cap is loose. He said that the best thing I can do for it is to do these simple exercises he showed me and to lose weight. He wants me to do very low impact exercise, he wants either swimming or elliptical. He also said if I lose weight, it would help. He wants me to set a mini-goal of 200 lbs and then a final goal of 185 lbs. I would be happy with that (well I do want to be lower, but it sounds less intimidating than saying 145). I just checked into the public pool and they have water aerobics and I think I am going to go to them. I am totally embarrassed in a swimsuit though, so I hope it is other overweight people in the class with me. I can afford to go 4 times a week. That should let me see some results. I think if I can get a suit in time, I will go this saturday. I need to get moving somehow.

Have a great night everyone!

p.s. YAY WE WON!!!!

Manick 07-23-2008 07:58 PM

Thanks everybody for the congrats! I got to enjoy onederland for 4 days till TOM hit...but I will be back there in a few days I'm sure. I decided not to worry about it, but to drink my water, keep exercising and check next week.

I hate that my motivation flies out the window during these few TOM days. But this month was the first time in 6 months that I made it thru PMS with no off plan foods and keeping up with my exercise so now I need to apply that same behavior to TOM days and well...heck...anything's possible. :dizzy:

Troo, good for you on the swim plan! I hope you find a good suit! I can totally sympathize with cringing at the thought of appearing in a swimsuit. I got a Land's End cover up skirt (which covers my butt and thighs) which I just pull on when I get out of the pool which helps me feel a tiny bit better. But really, I KNOW that pretty much NO ONE but me cares. So, its all a mental game.... Believe that you are doing something good for your health and go for it!:carrot:

Blueyed the body bugg sounds so great! I hope it really helps you figure it all out! I look forward the progress updates!

I keep looking at them online...my birthday is coming up...but the $ keeps flashing in my mind...bodybugg vs. travel? I should start saving...I'm terrible at it...but then I could get one for myself.

ChopperChick355 07-23-2008 09:40 PM

Laurie where is your hubby do the nascar adventure? We are all racing fans at my house how could we not be with DH and DS racing all the time now my youngest is also taking his street car to drag race in a controlled enviroment instead of on the local streets.... :) Anyways let us know how it goes it sounds like a blast, the stairs don't sound like a blast but everything else does. Well I blew it tonight I had several beers and nachos with cheese and taco meat and a sour cream salso sauce.... I will work extra hard tomorrow and drink lost of water!!! Everyone have a great evening

taragettingthin 07-24-2008 12:25 AM

Some of you might remember me mentioning my DD's grandmother before. (My ex in-law)..I was dropping off my DD at her grandma's house before coming to work, and the first word she said was "You won lottery or something?" I'm like "huh?" "You got lots of new clothes." I was wearing one of jeans I brought from Korea. I told her it's all my old clothes that I couldn't fit into but now I can because of my weight loss and she replies back in one word: "Sure." (You know that rolling-my-eyes type of attitude voice) So I told her I lost about 20-25 pounds. Then she asked me how I did it so I told her by working out and trying to eat healthy..Then she rolls her eyes and says "oh." How interesting. I kinda got this bitter taste in my mouth..She either doesn't notice it, or doesn't wanna say it..But she notices clothes I wear. . Funny thing is when we did WW before, (she went to meetings, and I did online one)..every week, she would say "I lost XXlbs how much did you lose? Oh, that's all?" Or if she didn't lose that much, she would say "I didn't lose that much this week (never say the number), what about you?" It's like she's jealous and trying to put me down or something. I don't know... Well, at least I'm looking better and better and she still hasn't come to realization that exercise has to be a huge part of living healthy.

Do you think I have a valid point to be bitter about the whole thing...? Or am I just being stupid?

trooworld 07-24-2008 11:19 AM

Manick: I'm sure when TOM leaves, you will be back in onederland! Yeah, I'm going to Target tomorrow and look for a suit. I had one from Walmart but it was so hideous I threw it away so I wouldn't be tempted to wear it. :lol: Hopefully nobody but me cares, but the part of town I will be taking my class in is very image conscious, but hopefully it's just overweight people that go to these classes.

Tara: man, that woman is a nightmare! I think she is totally jealous and hates to see you succeeding while she wallows in her misery. She's just trying to bring you down. Keep doing what you are doing, it's her problem! No you aren't being stupid! But don't fall into her trap and get too bitter, she is probably trying to upset you...don't let her have her way!

Hello black team...I am going to Comicon today! What is Comicon you say? Comicon is only the biggest comic book convention in the U.S. It's here in San Diego. It's crazy, people dress up like superheroes and villains, there is a lot of comic book stuff, movie stuff, collectable toys etc. Last year, I saw Pee Wee Herman and the guy that plays Chewbacka (spelling anyone?), along with some Star Trek people. It's a lot of fun. I am packing my lunch and lots of water and wearing comfortable walking shoes. Talk to you later, have a good day!

ceegee 07-24-2008 01:53 PM

Hi team!

Tara - she is a jealous beeyotch!!!!

ggmugsy 07-24-2008 02:15 PM

Tara - I'm in the mood to run her down with my truck. I'm with Ceegee & Troo. That woman is a nightmare.

Troo - The Comicon sounds like a BLAST!!

Regarding bathing suits . . . My life changed when I found those suits that have those hidden tummy panels. No matter what you guys are wearing, if you are smiling, and comfortable with yourself, other people will be comfortable with you. :) (I know . . . easier said than done!!)

Jessica - I was riding my bike uphill today and I needed a mantra. I started with "Just keep swimming . . . just keep swimming . . . " like Dory sang in "Finding Nemo" . . . but it didn't fit. I changed it to "just keep pedaling" but it just didn't have the same ring to it!!

I'm depressed. I've been hovering around the same weight for more than 6 weeks and I'm totally and completely depressed about it. Throw in problems with our boat, my children being gone, AND that my x-husband won't tell me if he does or does not have a job and I'm . . . . tired . . . . Tired to the center of my bones. Even my red blood cells feel tired. :(

ggmugsy 07-24-2008 02:23 PM

I'm afraid I can't lose any more weight. That's WHY I'm depressed.

Am I totally crazy???