3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   "Just Beachy" - Black Team Chat #7 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/145537-just-beachy-black-team-chat-7-a.html)

ChopperChick355 07-08-2008 11:14 PM

Hello Everyone well I had WI tonight and all went okay I maintained so no loss this week but no gain either. Well it is already getting late so I will have to try to catch up tomorrow. Boy the 30 Day Shred has really kicked my butt my leg, arms, abs and buttuck hurt so I hardly did any excerise today I did walk like 2 blocks but had to head back home my legs hurt so bad.

Well time for bed talk in the morning

Bette k 07-08-2008 11:30 PM

Hi Black Team,
Well DS should be arriving at Loenardwood this evening, he called me at 5 to say they were about to be picked up at the airport in St Louis. He wasn't sure if he will be able to keep his phone for the first few days or if he would have to earn it back. He's already done basic so he will be allowed to keep his phone for most of the time there. He flew down with several people he will be training with so he actually has met some people he will be training with. Hi buddy who was supposed to be there too got his orders changed today just before shipping and he had to go to SC instead of MO.
I'm holding on, but we are all a bit depressed here, it was even worse when I went into his room, what a mess he left!

For everyone losing and gaining the same 3-4 lbs I can relate, I'm fighting the loss and gains too. I need to pick it up, and stay away from the candy and sweets.

Nixmom: Want to take a walk with me tomorrow afternoon? We both can go out and walk for 30 minutes before dinner. Anyone else want to join? How does 5:00 sound.

Purplefirefly 07-09-2008 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manick (Post 2260530)
Purple, I don't know about the cucumber, I looked up some, er, relevant words in google and found a host of information. Alot about how they are "cool" foods but sometimes too cool and the body expels them. I don't think it is necessarily from the fiber content. Sounds like you found yourself a good purgative for those days of excess ;) eeek :lol:

Okay, I will just have to really limit them...but we have so many cucumbers and those seem to get soft and wrinkly looking if they are not eaten right away. I gave 10 of them to MIL today :lol: let her have them!

Our garden is coming along so much better than I expected for our first time doing it. We I pulled in over 20 big cucumbers just in the last 2 days, it's crazy! Some of the tomatoes are so huge I can't imagine they can hold out much longer before they turn red. We get about 3 green peppers a week now, which I'm hoping for more soon!

I hope everyone has a good night...it's midnight and I'm off to snooze :)

taragettingthin 07-09-2008 01:00 AM

I was working out today and my DD decided to join me. I was doing 30-Day Shred...and she laid down with me and did crunches, did push-up, and then did some squat jump, too! The other day, when I was cooking, she was quite in the living room so I checked up her and she dragged out my pilates mat and was "working out" on her own. like squating and then lifting one leg like sumo wrestlers do. :rofl: Oh by the way, she's 2.5 years old! hahaha. Well, even if I don't lose weight as much as I want to or something like that, at least what I am doing is affecting her in a good way. Hopefully she will never be a couch potato, but like to exercise and keep herself fit. :)

Purple, garden sounds so nice. I can't wait to get out of an apartment and have somewhere to plant things. When I went to a farmer's market, that's all I could think of. :D

Bette, be strong! Military wives are strong and I know you can do it! I was one and if you ever need someone to talk to about being a military wive, just pm me anytime.

reda, I know that 25 minute workout is tough, isn't it? Well, I started mine on June 10. I skipped less than 5 days altogether...so I'm almost at the end of 30 day. I didn't follow her meal plan or anything like that so I didn't see the maximum result like the 20 lbs. But I lost 8 lbs since June 9, and about 7.5 inches since June 12. Mostly the only workout I did was the 30-Day. So keep it up and you will be happy! =)

Manick 07-09-2008 03:17 AM

Tara you have utterly convinced me! I have not done the 30 Shred yet...it's still sitting there in the envelope, and I have a doctor's appt in the morning...grr....so I can't do it then, but I need to try it SOON!

taragettingthin 07-09-2008 03:36 AM

Manick, You won't regret it! Jillian can be mean and my bf actually said that she's a b*tch. lol. But it really helps me keep going and not give up. I sweat more doing the 25 minute workout compared to 45 minute TransFirmation.

ChopperChick355 07-09-2008 08:43 AM

Good Morning to Everyone

Tara when do you know to switch from level 1 to level 2? I am doing the DVD again today even though I am still really sore but I am determined. 7.5 inches in a month I am hoping for 2 but that is just the waist. I am not following meal plan either as I am doing just fine with WW. I also am only doing 30 day shred as well so maybe I should take some measurements today so I can have some cold hard figures at the end as well. Again Thanks

Nixmom 07-09-2008 09:37 AM

Bettek - I'm in. I may have to go a little later, but I'm on it. 30 minutes!

ggmugsy 07-09-2008 11:25 AM

Ceegee - JM checked out your boobs??? You little sex kitten!!

Purple - Strange men are telling you're beautiful in the cereal aisle?? You're a sex kitten, too!! I hear you about feeling awkward though. A little compliment from a man is one thing . . . if they go overboard I want to hide under a rock.

Manick - I have signed up for the 5k!! I've never done one before. I saw a LOT of our Black Team there. How exciting!! I'm dying to hear if you love the 30 day shred.

Glitter - I LOVED your post!! Made me want to go for a run.

Tara - You're kicking some a$$!!

Bettek - :hug: Take 15 minutes for yourself today!!!

I know there are peeps I haven't mentioned, but I really love reading ALL the posts. I'm thrilled we didn't lose anybody this week.

I've been biking and cleaning house. I got a call from Iraq this morning. (YEAH!!!!) Scott and his boys will be home on the 24th. We're taking everybody into the mountains to stream fish. I can hardly wait.

A comment about cucumbers: WW just had an article about zero point beverages and one of them had sliced cucumbers in a pitcher of water. I'm going to try it!

blueyedlvrgirl 07-09-2008 12:18 PM

Hey everyone...
Things with me are good! Getting to the gym hasn't happened this week, but it is TONIGHT! Monday I didn't have time to pack my bag and yesterday we got to the gym and my bf realized he forgot his gym shoes! ARGH! Tonight we are going, PERIOD! I am determined to reach my goal! I wasn't OP with food yesterday b/c I planned for a it to be a workout day and then it wasn't. Boo! Today is a new day though. I am getting closer and closer to staying in my new calorie range. I didn't realize how hard it would be, but it is!
Anyway, I better get back to work, sorry I haven't had time for much more than an update!

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

TTYL--
Misty

taragettingthin 07-09-2008 12:46 PM

Reda, well I went up to the next level when Level 1 started feeling getting easy on me. I didn't think of measuring, but I got measured at Curves on the 12th so I had something to compare with. I think it's always a good idea to measure so that you can actually see the result, not just feel like you are getting result. You know what I mean? :)

I just finished my C25K this morning. I decided to start from the Wk 1 because it's been FOREVER since I've done it... I thought I needed to up my cardio and since I'm already doing DVDs, C25K would be nice for some change. :) Hopefully it will go well. I can tell today's session went way better than my very first time. I wasn't so out of breath and it wasn't that difficult. I must be getting in better shape than then. :D

ggmugsy 07-09-2008 02:56 PM

Beauty stuff:

I'm in love with Bio-Oil. (Walgreen's, $20) I've had a nasty, purple-red stretch mark on my upper abdomen since the birth of my last child 15 years ago. In 2 weeks, some of the mark is white and the rest is pale pink. I can't even believe it.

Also . . . my friends are all buying the Clarisonic . . . my sister LOVES it. Does anybody here have it??

trooworld 07-09-2008 04:56 PM

smurf: that's awesome! Being happy with yourself in a bathingsuit is such a milestone. Sometimes I feel like I will never be happy in a bathingsuit!

Tara: I love chili, I would make it a couple of times a month if my hubby could put up with it. But he's "chili'd out" so I had to sneak this batch in. ;) I especially love it on a cold day. Yum! How cool about the jeans! Yay! That is so cute that your daughter was working out with you and then on her own.

To you gardeners: you make me so jealous!!! I want some homegrown tomatoes!!!

Manick: it sounds like you did great on vacation. I'm glad you liked San Diego...I really like it too.

Julz: Wow, what a cool thing to happen! I probably would have cried.

mugsy: what is Clarisonic?

To everyone else: Happy Weds! I hope you are having a great day. Mine isn't going so well but I am trying to stay positive. Once you fall off track, it's hard to get back on. Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed by it that I feel like giving up.

ggmugsy 07-09-2008 04:58 PM

Clarisonic is an ultra-sonic face cleaner that is supposed to exfoliate, and minimize the size of your pores, plus help you look younger. It's around $200, but I found it on eBay for around $150. Oprah Winfrey had it on her "must have" list at Christmas.

ceegee 07-09-2008 05:15 PM

Hi Teamies!

Well, today was the first time since 2003 that my scale said:

139.6!!!

Holy crap, I have wanted to see that "3" for so long, and really believed i wouldn't.

I know it probably isn't a "true" weight, as I am on vacation and don't eat or drink alot for some reason, so I was probably dehydrated. BUT, I still got to see it and believe I can really get there now.

bbl!

:)

theresia 07-09-2008 05:19 PM

Hello Team!
I've been off plan those last days.. Can't exercise yet because of my toe,, but soon it's almost good..

As you now, I'm in Dominican Republic.. I work a lot with helping poor people with different stuff.. We have a school for children that can't afford to go,, and so on.
Some years ago I met a little boy, he is 10 now.. He has a sickness the doctors can't do anything about.. He has some kind of bacterie/infection in his lungs,, so less than a half lung works.. They can only help him by getting him some extra oxygen and stuff like that..
3 years ago the doctors said that he could only live for max 1 more year.. He is still alive,, bur really bad.. The hospitals here are not like at home really.. So they send him home sometimes,, His mother is very poor, they have a small "house", no good place for him to stay at,, So this week he's been staying at my house, at least we have water and electric current all the day.. Not everyone have it here.. So because of that I haven't been thinking of my diet/exercise those days,, to busy to taking care of him.. Last night he went very ill, He's heart was beating fast, so fast that I couldn't even count the beats.. So now he's back to the hospital,, again.. Poor little kid, He was
crying for hours when the doctors told him that he needed to stay at the hospital :(

I thank God every day for letting my whole family being healty!

Anyway, tomorrow is a new day, will try to start again with my diet.. I have to focus, will also try to do some exercise then.

Good evening everyone!

Manick 07-09-2008 06:18 PM

Theresia :hug: to you! Sounds like you have been a bright spot in this little boy's life! Health is really so very important!

BBL...busy day, but just read everything.

I, too cannot wait to see if I love Shred! Ticked that I have to work and all...:lol:

ChopperChick355 07-09-2008 08:27 PM

Yeah I just signed up for the 3FC --5K challenge in Aug. I need it.

Theresia that is such an awesome thing you are doing for the boy there are alot of people out there that wouldn't be as thoughtful as you are being. You deserve :hug:. I hope everything goes ok with him my prayers are with him and you.

Manick have you been able to do the Shred at all yet? I did my 2nd day today and it was alittle better than it was on Monday but let me tell you I was still so sore today but I thought no day off today put the DVD in and sweated like crazy.....

ceegee that is awesome the 130's you have got to just be feeling :carrot:

Troo & Tara -I to love chili but I use turkey and no beans I like beanless chili so when I make chili I have to make 2 pots one with beans for the youngest son and DH and one without beans for oldest son and me. Chili sure is sounding good I may have to make some tomorrow but it is really hot and humid here right now so I may have to rethink.

ggmugsy do you think bio-oil will work on stretch marks from giving birth?
I do have a question bought the flat-outs at walmart today so that I can make pizza but do you bake the flatout first before topping or top and bake it all at once?

Bettek I am also in on the 30 minute walk as I am getting ready to leave right now when I get done here. Did you get yours in at 5 today?

I will log back on later this evening...

Manick 07-09-2008 08:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by taragettingthin (Post 2262270)
I just finished my C25K this morning. I decided to start from the Wk 1 because it's been FOREVER since I've done it... I thought I needed to up my cardio and since I'm already doing DVDs, C25K would be nice for some change. :) Hopefully it will go well. I can tell today's session went way better than my very first time. I wasn't so out of breath and it wasn't that difficult. I must be getting in better shape than then. :D

Tara you are totally inspiring me! Keep it up teamie! WTG on feeling more in shape!:carrot:

Your plan is my plan exactly, both because I MUST get these pounds "off me, and my doctor informed me today my lung capacity has decreased about 30 % over the last year (this is due to allergies...living with a dog mostly). Running/hard cardio is one way I KNOW works to increase my lung capacity and heat things up in there which I believe helps my allergies...as the dog is not going anywhere and my house is already practically sterile...what else can I do? I run hepa filters the bedroom, my office and livingroom, have hardwood floors, no curtains, vacuum daily and mop 2x a week. I HATE that I am allergic to animals :mad: but there it is. So, I must get the weight off and increase my lung function, simple as that! Lung function affects one's energy levels (tiredness), heart health, hormone levels...all sorts of stuff I've been reading about today.

In 2002 I lived pet free, exercised 1 to 1.5 hours 5-6 days a week and went from 215 to 142 in 11 months. I have that history under my belt. I grieve the fact that I let myself get unfit and very fat again...I have agonized over this for the last 2 years while I've carried this fat around on my body again....but the only choice I have now is to move forward.

I do know that the only way to get it off of me is to sweat it off and eat less. Today when I left the doctor's office I felt so discouraged I cried all the way to work. Crying no more. Time for organized, deliberate, ACTION.

And by the way we only have 4.5 weeks left of this challenge and I'm still sitting at a measly 6 pounds lost. Time for me to step it up. All comments/behind kicking welcome. I'm just putting it out there while my resolve is strong. :kickbutt:

Ceegee awesome news on reaching the 130's!!!:cp:

Julz thrilling about the dress, that DOES make you feel like something is happening!

:woohoo:Mugsy Delighted that you are going to 5K with us! It will be great! Nope, never heard of the clarisonic...interesting.

Misty happy gymming...I can relate on the calorie levels, it IS hard! Keep it up, you'll get there!

Troo make good choices tonight...all is not lost, and tomorrow is a new day! And you, lucky girl, can buy cheap tomatoes there I'd think....aren't there farmer's markets? Or how about an upsidedown container tomato? I did that in my last condo on the porch, it worked great. Check out the pictures of the other methods...it looks so cool I might do it again! We have 5 in the ground kind currently tho, so that should do it for this summer.

Everyone else...the whole 5K thing...you can do it in any fashion you want, your bike, treadmill, other machine, walk, run, jog, hike, swim....whatever. It is mainly to encourage and inspire each other on 3FC to keep making fitness strides. You just try to complete 3.1 miles on August 1, 2 or 3, or break it up over the days or whatever works for you and then post about when you did it and what you did. Hope more of my Black Team will give it a try!:yay:

OK, finally this, and then I will stop...the pounds I have lost are noticeable, tho they have been excruciatingly slow in coming off, I found these similar pics...kind of a before and current...notice any changes?

Nov 2007, and June 2008 (DH thinks the November pic was just a bad angle...I disagree :p) I can't wait to park that November "before" pic next to my "at goal" pic!!!

Manick 07-09-2008 08:40 PM

YAY Reda....was posting my "book" while you were! Glad you are going to 5K too! :carrot: Let's encourage each other!

I have not done the Shred yet, I am GOING to do it in the AM. Going to try to get out for a walk tonight after work, which will be about 9 PM or later.

I'll report back tomorrow!

I've never baked the Flat outs first, they are pretty thin, crisp up nicely for me. Have you tried chili in a crock pot? Good for hot-day cooking! It's 90-something here today :smoking:

JuliaDH 07-09-2008 08:56 PM

Manick I'll kick your butt and you can kick mine! I have been up and down the same 2 lbs for the past three weeks. An since the kids have been out of school there has been meal plans or "my" exercise. Lots of running around with kids. But not purposeful exercise. Tomorrow I willl get out the WATP and do it.

I am so please to see you all joining the 5ks. I have done them all with my family we have bike all but the last one we did a hike down and up a gorge. Stopped to play in the river at the bottom. It has really motivated me to find something more than board games, video games and movies to do as family time. This next one I will do 2 one with the family and a biking one for me. I want to time myself and get some good times in!

glitterlicious 07-09-2008 11:58 PM

Ah. Today I missed my run. I guess I overestimated the powers of my body because I'm really hurting today. I took the day off, no biggie. I'd rather rest than push my body to injury. I'll just do some lifting tomorrow morning dependant on the state of my body and I'm back on track. :)

LondonJulz 07-10-2008 12:10 AM

Hello ladies!!!

Thank you thank you thank you for everyone who volunteered to keep up with the numbers while I'm gone. Manick will be the co-pilot around these here parts in my absense. I'll be leaving at 4 in the morning and will be gone until Sunday, July 20! (Although I'll regain computer access on Friday July 18). We've rented a Toyota Prius Hybrid for the trip. It's SO cool!!!!!! Plus, we'll average between 42-45 MPG. Can't beat that!

Anyway, I'm headed to bed. We head out EARLY!!!!!

Have a great week ladies!!!

:hug:

taragettingthin 07-10-2008 12:39 AM

Manick, Don't cry anymore. At least you didn't give up and you are in progress! We are here for you and let us know how 30-Day Shred went!

I'm picking up my DD from the day care and going straight to the grandparents' tomorrow. I will be getting some sun while she's taking a nap...and then go to work straight from there. So I may try to put in some workout before going to pick her up.. Or maybe I will workout there and see how long I can last on elliptical. They have this top of line elliptical.. I can tell I am stronger and more fit compared to the first time I tried it. so we will see... Maybe I will do 30-Day before going to pick her up and do some elliptical and then bake in the sun. lol. (sorry for the rambling... i like to plan and haven't decided what to do yet... :P)

By the way, does anyone have/know a good chili recipe? Healthier one, of course. I love beans in my chili, though... Thank you!

ceegee 07-10-2008 01:15 AM

Hi Team!

I am off to visit my sis tomorrow for a few days...be back mid-week :hug:

taragettingthin 07-10-2008 02:17 AM

I found a great snack! Frozen :cb: I heard about it but never tried it and wow it's great! =)

Manick 07-10-2008 02:47 AM

Thanks Tara...

I was thinking of editing my earlier post for clarity...the crying was really over my frustration about my lung function news...

I have done SO much to control my allergies and asthma, it is very aggravating that it is clearly not working well enough. I had to give up my cat in 2002, I've been getting allergy shots every week since 2005. DH had to give away his cat the month before we got married in 2006 and steam clean or hot water wash practically everything of his that he brought into our new house. We had to do house air filter stuff and hepa stuff and clean like maniacs to live together with his dog. The dog is not allowed in half of the house (bedroom, office, bathroom spaces)....

And still....I cannot argue with the test results...I can see it myself on the computer in the doctor's office...my breathing tests are not good. I am losing ground.... :mad: :( :cry:

Hence...I must try MORE cardio and better weight loss. At least I won't be dragging around 50 extra pounds that have to be fed with oxygen.

:dust: No other dust allowed :lol:

SoulBliss 07-10-2008 02:58 AM

Manick, have you ever researched or pondered the idea of testing and/or an elimination diet to see if food allergies may come into play?

I have seen incredible things happen with making dietary changes. :hug:

JuliaDH 07-10-2008 08:18 AM

Good Morning!

I love frozen grapes!

I agree with Soul...maybe there is somehting dietary that could be eliminated to help reduce your sensitivity to the animals. A good naturopath can help with that.

Nixmom 07-10-2008 08:39 AM

Mornin' team!

Look like you have all remained busy!

Quirk blurbs - I love frozen grapes too! I wish my abs looked like Glitters avatar. Allergies stink!!! (sorry you are dealing with it on such a grand scale Manick). Wish safe trips to London and Ceegee.

Hello to everyone else. I have to get off to work but wanted to stop in quick. Been on plan with food last 3 day and the scale is cooperating too! Hope to put up a good number (a loss of a couple at least) tomorrow and contribute to the rockin' black team win!

We can do it!

glitterlicious 07-10-2008 09:06 AM

Good morning everyone!

Mmm frozen grapes sound super good right about now. I think I'm gonna pop some in the freezer for a mid-morning snack today. Thanks for the idea. :)

Anyways I woke up and I'm no longer sore and achy so I think it's safe to do my cardio circuit strength training today. I'll just take my time and pay extra attention to my body today. The last thing I need is an injury to knock me out of commission when I've come so far.

Hope everyone has a Terrific Thursday!

ggmugsy 07-10-2008 11:02 AM

Hey Manick - I see a HUGE difference between the two photos! ALL OVER difference!! I was sorry to read about your lung problems. You've lost the weight before, AND YOU CAN DO IT AGAIN!!! This is my 2nd go-round, too. I'm smarter this time, and you are, too.

Theresia - I admire you for all the love and attention you are giving this little boy. I'm sorry he is so ill. :hug: My prayers are with you, two!!

Got a busy day today and a VERY busy weekend. I'll check back as I can.

Take care everybody!!

SoulBliss 07-10-2008 11:24 AM

I love frozen grapes too. They taste naughty but aren't! :carrot:

Hey, I've got a "rant".

Ever feel like it's okay for everyone to express themselves but YOU?

Ever feel like others are allowed to be "fragile" and are deserving of loads of support and sympathy, but if you express YOUR hurts, YOUR sadness, you are chastised, ignored, scorned, removed?

Anyone?

ggmugsy 07-10-2008 12:07 PM

Soul - I hope our team hasn't made you feel that way! :hug:

I stuck my head into the blue team chat yesterday and felt I got yelled at!! I don't notice that here though.

SoulBliss 07-10-2008 12:10 PM

No, our team is FABULOUS!!! :grouphug:

I was speaking in more general terms. Ever feel that way?

I'm sorry you felt yelled at. :( there's no need for that.

blueyedlvrgirl 07-10-2008 12:43 PM

YES! I finally got to the gym, drank all my water and ate within my new calorie range!! Yesterday was a success!

Glitter--You are smokin'!

Manick--A picture speaks a thousand words and those pictures are saying very different things! WOW!

London and Ceegee--Have a safe trip!

Theresia--Wow! What a wonderful thing you are doing in this boy's life! You will see many blessings for what you are doing.

Soul--I have felt that way and it sucks. It seems like some people aren't allowed to be anything be strong all the time and it isn't right or fair. Everyone always expects me to be "the strong one," I am never allowed to have a moment of weakness. Yet my sister is allowed to weak one, it's like people expect and come running to her for every little thing. I did any of the things she did I would never hear the end of it, yet she does the same thing day in and day out and everyone rescues her!

Hi to everyone else...GOTTA GO!

TTYL--
Misty

SoulBliss 07-10-2008 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueyedlvrgirl (Post 2263946)

Soul--I have felt that way and it sucks. It seems like some people aren't allowed to be anything be strong all the time and it isn't right or fair. Everyone always expects me to be "the strong one," I am never allowed to have a moment of weakness. Yet my sister is allowed to weak one, it's like people expect and come running to her for every little thing. I did any of the things she did I would never hear the end of it, yet she does the same thing day in and day out and everyone rescues her!

Yeah, that sucks! It also always seems like when you point out to them that they aren't being sensitive to YOU, but are being sensitive to others at YOUR expense, they simply get NASTIER to you, lashing out defensively. I really don't appreciate that kind of treatment. :(

I'm sorry that happens to you too. Do you think it's because we are viewed as "strong" and therefore not deserving of support or something? It's just not right. :mad:

blueyedlvrgirl 07-10-2008 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoulBliss (Post 2263969)
Yeah, that sucks! It also always seems like when you point out to them that they aren't being sensitive to YOU, but are being sensitive to others at YOUR expense, they simply get NASTIER to you, lashing out defensively. I really don't appreciate that kind of treatment. :(

I'm sorry that happens to you too. Do you think it's because we are viewed as "strong" and therefore not deserving of support or something? It's just not right. :mad:

I definitely get "reprimanded" for pointing out the differences in treatment and the fact that I could use some _____ (fill in the blank). It seems to make things much worse!

Also, I definitely think it has to do with everyone viewing me as the strong one. I am always the one to keep a straight head about everything and everyone expects that from me. If I ever fall below this expectation it is not acceptable. With others, there is a much lower expectation, so it is much harder to disappoint. It's almost like they feel like I am so strong that I don't need support. They use their energy supporting the ones that need it. I have heard so many times that they don't worry about me b/c I will find a way to make things work out. And I do, but the point is that you are never so strong that you don't want and need love, support and acceptance. EVERYone has moments of weakness, hurt and need; people should act accordingly. I guess I have gotten used to it. I am the oldest of 3 girls, I think that also has something to do with it. My youngest sister (20 yrs old)is always doing really STUPID things, which ALWAYS turn out bad; she gets coddled and rescued and we should all tiptoe around her mistakes so we don't make her feel bad, etc. It's ridiculous. When I was her age, I did some of the things she is doing, I got ignored and eventually kicked out of my mom's house, whereas she is allowed to do what she wants (the she is over 18 excuse). Oh well, I guess in the end it has only made me even stronger. She is dependent on people for everything and I have learned to become a very self-sufficient person. In the end, that is something to be thankful for.

JuliaDH 07-10-2008 02:42 PM

Glitter - I'm glad your not achy today! You go! Reading your posts on working out is motivational!

Soul & Misty- I feel like that regularly. Having a step son with behaviour issues that very few understand gets me the "Ya so what are ya going to do? Suck it up" attitude from people when all I want is for some one to listen. I can usually solve the problem on my own. But a sounding board loving person is at times sorely needed! I tend to have people come to me for the "strong" "comon sense" advise. I am fairly blunt. Dont like beating around the bush with people I know. And sometimes could use that type of person myself. I really dont have the patience for being rescued! THAT drives my hubby crazy. Opps oh well I keep telling him he knew that before the proposal was made and the ink was dried! I was going to ask you both of your were the oldest in the family. I am the oldest of 4 and helped my mom hold down the fort while she and dad were going thro the divorce. I was 16 at the time and the others were 12,10, & 8. Most of my fierce independence and strength started during that time.

Misty - Go Girl! Glad you made it to the gym! I am doing my WATP after the babysitting kids go home!

Mugsy - They were kinda STRONG yesterday in blue team. Nothing like a Hi, how are ya doing first then maybe a little later asking if ya did your work out then give you a little push!

Many hugs to those who feel the need for drawing on some one elses strengh for a few moments or feel yelled at or anything else.

SoulBliss 07-10-2008 02:50 PM

Misty and Julia, I am a great listener and would lend an ear anytime ya need it (anyone else here too! :) ). Us strong women need to stick together and support one another!!! :grouphug:

I am "blunt" too. I address the crux of the issues without the usual feminine manipulations, passive-aggressive tactics or name calling. I just call it what it is, saying what I observe.

The ironic thing is, I do it more *carefully* than ever, making sure to use "I" statements to own how *I* feel and add in reassurances as needed but apparently I am still "too much" for 99% of the world. Oh well. I am what and who I am. I've watered myself down enough. There's beauty in strength and in truth and I've got both of them on my side. Anyone else? ;) Doesn't mean that we don't need a little support or that we don't deserve the same considerations as others get.

Wild women unite!