Old 05-09-2008, 09:56 AM   #211  

S/C/G: 170/162/136

Height: 5'5

WAHOO it is FRIDAY!! My muscles are so sore today from my yoga yesterday, it took it to the max and it felt GREAT, but I might have to replace the yoga today with something a little lighter. The evening walk was also shorter due to sore muscles, but it was nice. Eating was OP! At this rate I am really hoping for a good loss next week.

Today is a fun filled day of chores and catching up on things I have neglected over the week. I will still try to get a workout in this morning and this evening. Baby girl is teething so we will see how that effects the plans today.

HAPPY FRIDAY ALL!
Old 05-09-2008, 09:59 AM   #212  

hey JEN 2 lbs is GREAT-congrats! My grandpa took me to catch crawfish once, but when I named them and called them my pets he never took me again I kept those things alive for almost 2 years when some meany at school killed them after my show and tell. To this day I have never tried the little guys-are they good? Good luck this weekend!
Old 05-09-2008, 10:11 AM   #213  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

hey everyone!

My neuro test went well...I needed a 20% to get the C I needed to get through the class and ended up getting a 72%, good enough for possibly a B. It was a really hard class so that def makes me happy.

As for working out, I have been doing awesome. After today's jog it will be a week straight of exercise for me. I feel stronger and leaner already, and can't wait to start seeing it in the mirror. The first step is always the hardest so I went to the store and treated myself to 2 bellybutton rings and a sun dress. My eating has been OP as well. I am definitely on a roll.

Can't wait to weigh in on Monday morning!

Time for my jog. Have a great Friday everybody!
Old 05-09-2008, 10:12 AM   #214  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

Good Morning
YES! ITS FRIDAY!! Its going by so fast the last day of school will be here before I know it! Next week is the last FULL week of class, the next few weeks after that we only have 4 day weeks due to bad weather day(day off for snow/ice that we didnt use during the winter months so we get an extra day off now) memorial day and then early dismissal on the last day of school!
Last night I went for a bike ride, it was great! The weather was awesome and I really enjoyed the ride, a couple of the dogs were not happy I think they were expecting to go on a walk since I didnt walk them the day before because of rain. They get to go walk tonight though so they will be happy again! LOL
Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 05-09-2008, 10:17 AM   #215  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Irishfairy! BIG HUG!!! I hope this morning you are feeling fresh and ready to begin again!!

I'm in awe of all of you that are going to school and working or you guys with really young kids, working and doing weight loss, too. You guys are amazing.

I've been doing just walking this week trying to heal up my right knee & hip. I had purchased some new FIRM workout dvd's for my Mother's Day gift from my husband and they arrived yesterday. My sister took one home and did it and said it was the BEST workout she's ever done. I don't think I'll be able to stand "just walking" today. I'm having FIRM withdrawals!!

For those of you who tend to overeat on the weekends . . . I used to do that, too, and then I made Monday morning my weigh in. It helps to keep me on track during the weekend!
Old 05-09-2008, 10:57 AM   #216  

ggmugsy-if this weekend ends up like the past few I will be changing my weigh in to Monday's. Right now it is on Wednesday and I find my self so good from Wed-Fri and then again Mon-Wed but tend to skip out on being good Sat-Sun.

glitter-good job on the final!

So MOTHERS DAY-I was planning to have a nice brunch with my mom and sisters prepared by our spouces and kids but my lovely MIL and SIL have gone and put me to work-they have decided that Sunday will be a GREAT day to take family pictures and me being the photographer and all I got assigned to work on MY DAY OFF!! Not only that but we are all wearing black shirts and jeans and this time of the year have you ever tried to find black shirts for girls? So I am also making all the little girl's shirts. FUN stuff huh-I beat all you other moms out there are so jealous of me-GGRRR
Old 05-09-2008, 11:25 AM   #217  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Smurf - just think how great the pics will look if you're the one doing it!!

As for my Mother's Day, tomorrow I walk in the Race for the Cure with DD and DIL. Then will go to DS's house for a brunch that he fixes for us every year. Then a pedicure for all of us women folks!! After that, since Saturday will be the only nice day this weekend I'm going to try to get some plants in the ground. Of course, that's always subject to change. Sunday is pretty wide open for me and that's OK. I'd actually prefer for DD and DIL to be with their kids so they can make their own memories without worrying about me. And I'm going to try to stay focused when it comes to my eating this weekend. Try not to go overboard as I've done in the past!!

I don't mean to sound like an idiot but how far is 5K? Around 3 miles? That's how far we're walking tomorrow - up and down hills, through subdivisions and stuff, so just wondered.

Thanks. Everyone have a great Friday, super Saturday and a memorable Mother's Day (if you're a mom). If not then a stupendous Sunday.

I'll be back later in the day to check in before I go home. Later Chickies!!!
Old 05-09-2008, 11:43 AM   #218  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethbeth View Post
Well, my eating hasn't been so good lately, but my exercise has been awesome. I'm thinking that maybe since I've been exercising more my body has been needing some more calories
I think that's something a lot of people forget, that if you're going to increase the exercise you need to increase you food intake. Now, I'm not saying that if you're doing 500 cals of exercise you should eat 1000 to make up for it. However, a little extra fuel is a good idea. I'd suggest that you look at your exercise levels and decide that if you do X then increase your food by Y. It will mean that you're still on plan, and getting those extra calories that your body needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooworld View Post
Well, today is going to be pretty busy but I should be able to work some cardio in. I'm trying to talk myself into the weight routine but I'm having a hard time because it seems I can see results quicker by doing cardio. Yes, yes, I know that muscles burn calories when you are resting, but I'm in a hurry, dammit! Well, when school is out, maybe I can do both. Have a great day, Black Team, I will check in later today some time.
The only problem with cardio is that your body gets used to it pretty fast. You might see initial fast results, but unless you mix it up and keep challenging yourself, your body seems to become more efficient with burning calories (ie. less). Muscle takes more effort to build, but should pay off in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishfairy View Post
Today I woke up depressed I am not even sure what about I didn't do anything but eat all morning I had 2 eggs scrambled, 3 200 calorie cookies my husband bought for his parents for dessert so they wouldn't take us to DQ...they refused to take them home and if I throw them out my DH will have a fit.
It's too late this time for the cookies, but someone else suggested the freezer, which is a great idea. Our upright freezer is in the garage which makes it even more awkward to get at stuff. Things I don't want to grab without thinking get hidden at the back of it (so I don't see it and grab it on impulse). Although I admit I really just try and keep stuff I can't control myself with out of the house. If there are any cookies left, why not pack them in your husband's lunch. (Or hide them in his car so when he's away from the house so are the cookies!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheree View Post
So don't beat yourself up, just get back on track and carry on because NONE of us are going to be 100% perfect with what we eat or our exercising, etc.
I was reading something written by John Berardi. He was talking about how there was little overall difference between 90% compliance to an eating plan and 100% compliance. So hitting 90% all of the time was a very respectable goal. It's almost impossible to be 100% on plan, all the time. At the moment I tend to eat an 'almost' clean diet. Having said all that, there are a few things that wouldn't be considered clean (ketchup, lunch meats, chicken & turkey sausage, and pork souvlaki). There might be a few I've forgotten about, but I doubt I'll ever meet 100% on the clean eating. I hate to say it, but they're going to have to pry my bottle of ketchup out of my cold dead hand... I've really tried liking salsa with my eggs, but it just isn't going to happen. All in all though I'm happy with my less-processed lifestyle, so I'm not going to beat myself up for not being 100% compliant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjen View Post
I'm down 2 more pounds. I'm sort of disappointed. I know it's great, but I want MORE, which is really sad. Since I've started, I've averaged almost 2 pounds per week---and that's exactly where I should be. I know I didn't put the weight on in a month, but I sure would like to lose it in a month!
Ack, please don't be disappointed with a 2 lb loss. To be honest, that's what I like least about TBL. I think sometimes it really raises people's expectations beyond what they should be. Your average weight loss is a great achievement. Don't let unrealistic expectations get you down. You need to celebrate every loss, even the small ones. I say this because sometimes I'll still see a 3 lb loss, but it's almost always preceded or followed by a .2 or a .6 loss.

Well, I think I should go do something constructive. I'm feeling out of sorts on my rest week. Yes, that's 7 days with no lifting (other than really light practice next week for Stage 2) and only 30 mins of something a day (treadmill or swimming, not both). I'm actually a little antsy from the lack or exercise, and it's only day 2 of 7. Although that's a good sign as I was feeling definitely burned out at the start of the week.

Hope everyone is having a good, on plan day.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:45 AM   #219  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

chiquita~ A 5K is 3.1 miles!

Last edited by bethbeth; 05-09-2008 at 11:46 AM.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:46 AM   #220  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiquita623 View Post
Smurf - just think how great the pics will look if you're the one doing it!!
AAHH the silver lining AND I can choose who to make look 10 lbs lighter and who to add 20 lbs too MUWAHAAA HAHA thanks!

A 5K is 3.1 miles to be exact-and that is an AWESOME way to spend Mother's Day-enjoy it!!
Old 05-09-2008, 11:47 AM   #221  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hiya Black Team!

Just sending a shout-out to my buddy, Purple. Theresa, I haven't seen a post from you in a couple of days. Hope you are doing well.

Hope the rest of the black team is doing well, also....just not too well, okay? Wouldn't want the black team to do well enough to beat the Bluesers!
Old 05-09-2008, 11:51 AM   #222  
Laurie

Thanks Beth. Can you tell how uninformed I am about this stuff. Put it in miles and I can figure that out!! I think I'm just too old to learn new stuff - at least that's what my kids tell me. But what do they know. They're just kids!!
Old 05-09-2008, 11:53 AM   #223  
Laurie

Smurf - Now you know who has the power!!!!! Use it wisely. Thanks for the info on the 5K. I'm sure my legs will be sore but it is always worth it when we're done.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:53 AM   #224  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Everone! Happy Firday! Yippee!

Last night I finished the c25k 9-week running program! I am so proud of myself for finishing it! This weekend I'm going to the gym to run my first 5K. My goal is to do it in 40 minutes. We'll see if I can!

This morning my husband had to get up really early, so I got up with him and got in an hour of exercise before work! I have NEVER done that before. I had a 10 minute solutions DVD from the library that I wanted to try to see if I liked it. It was the Fat Blasting Dance Mix one. It was ok, but I won't do it again, or ever buy it. I would like to try some of the other 10 minute solutions DVD's, though. It's great to get them from the library so I don't waste money on buying ones I don't like!

Have a great day!
Old 05-09-2008, 12:32 PM   #225  

S/C/G: Size 26/22/8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonJulz View Post
I once heard the quote "you don't drown by falling in the water - you drown by staying there" and I loved that.
Love it!!! I'm putting it in my siggy, if you don't mind.