Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 09:54 AM   #166  

S/C/G: ?/136/125

Height: 5'5"

Good morning coaches,

Here I am in Tucson and it's kind of a slow go getting much accomplished, but we've had a good visit and I'm sure that helps too. We're going to the gym this morning and then will attempt to attack "the room". Hopefully there are things in there that can go. Yesterday food was on plan with things I brought with me. I'm not sure what today will bring, but I did bring cheerios for breakfast. My exercise yesterday was walking around the complex while my friend took a rest for a bit in the afternoon.

Have a great day all!
Old 10-30-2019, 10:53 AM   #167  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

We're headed out to MiL's again. In the rain. We're going prepared to spend the night but hope that we can talk her into her first night on her own. We haven't been helping her physically, but she feels dependent on people telling her what the next step in any long process is -- including going to bed and getting up. I'm convinced that she can rely on a lifetime of practice of those two things to kick in when she needs it to.

I have a food plan written for today. Within the bounds of "visit to MiL" it's a good plan. One item is not something I want on any other day, but it's been working for these days.

Exercise: +40, 1140/1200 minutes for October

maryann: Thanks for the breakfast suggestions. If we want a hot breakfast on the way back home tomorrow morning, we'll try the McDonalds. I'm also packing cereal bars in case we can talk ourselves into a cold breakfast. They're predicting snow showers in the morning, so I want to be prepared for a hot breakfast feeling like a necessity.

Last edited by gardenerjoy; 10-30-2019 at 10:53 AM.
Old 10-30-2019, 11:11 AM   #168  

S/C/G: +71/+30/0

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!

Yesterday was good enough and weight is holding.

Brrr, brr, brr, it is so cold out! But, I have the woodstove going and it's toasty warm inside. The house cleaning is coming along and I bought our Halloween candy and some of the party food.

Bill, yes I did hit the Asian side of Istanbul but I did not step on the bridge. We took a ferry over. One interesting thing noted in our travels is the "evil eye" everywhere, in both Turkey and Greece. I didn't buy any of the eyes for sale but curious how it would do hung over a bowl of Halloween candy left outside.

Curly, it sounds understandable to opt out of the Halloween candy giving this year. We have a split level house and two barking dogs, so it is a little crazy here.

Karen, have a great trip! Kudos for getting out for a walk while they nap.

Joy, I forgot to reply about breakfast, but try to remind myself a grocery store stop for fruit, bread, ect is an option instead of fast food. If only I could be happy with just a banana.

Maryann, I just saw a bit about wind advisories for Southern CA and possibly worse for the fires. Eek! Usually our air quality gets affected too, but nothing yet.
Old 10-31-2019, 05:28 AM   #169  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Thumbs up Thursday - Halloween

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Exercise was chase the (4 yo) DGD day, CREDIT moi. She's become even more active - which seems impossible to us. She walked our neighborhood where a large house has museum sized displays outside including a spider about four times larger than her. "I wasn't scared," she boldly offered on her own. She spent her standard two minutes making patterns with my "magic ball" - my plasma ball with the fantastic sparks leaping to the surface where you place your fingers. She read two books with me on the couch; read about six with DW as we drove in the car. Very specific about which book she wants to read next - we have to carry a full canvas tote-bag to give her enough choices. But the best was the exercise. She traversed the whole distance of a play structure swinging from rod to rod using only her arms - that was new for her. And she interacted with two (5 yo) boys playing there - a good sign that she intends to become a sociable human being, LOL. And again played with a (4 yo) girl at the playground near her house. DW was exhausted.

Eating was OK, CREDIT moi. Plated food was on plan, even modest portions. Snacks continue to be high as I fight tension. I face that dilemma when preparing my course that I could/should prepare more. I invent questions that I don't know the answers to as fast as I generate material. Does every teacher walk into every class aware that there's so much more?

Congrats to all you baseball fans of the Washington Nationals who just won the World Series. I'd love to live in Washington, D.C. right now.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - Kudos for continuing to plan despite the total disruption of traveling to your MIL's.

maryann - Kudos for the second day without candy. "Insidious" is the right word. Continue to send supportive thoughts for surviving the fires and electrical outages.

Karen (karenrn) - Good luck attacking "the room" today. Kudos for bringing food to stay your plan.

curlyjax - My big worry is that local hard rain may keep the trick-or-treaters away, making for much leftover candy. Some towns around us have shifted trick-or-treat night to Saturday.

Penny. - Love the notion of an evil eye hanging over the bowl of Halloween candy. Unfortunately, any leftover candy in this house becomes my problem.

Readers -
Quote:
Day 36 Believe It

Build More Confidence

Below is what Brenda wrote in her diet notebook to remind herself of how far she'd come. She added to this list over time. Whenever she had a crisis of confidence, she would read it over to remind herself just how much she had changed.

Before I started this program, I couldn't consistently: . . .

Refrain from spontaneous eating.
Stop myself from nibbling at my dinner plate on the way to the gable.
Eat slowly.
Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), Pg 241.
Old 10-31-2019, 09:11 AM   #170  

S/C/G: 173/185/ 165

Height: 5'6

Good Morning, Coaches.
Day 2 No candy. No sweets at work. I am bringing doughnuts to school for games with the kids but that is very safe because I don’t like them.

I am off at 1:00 for the weekend because of doctor’s appts. Nice to not have kids the day after Halloween. We are going to try an origami skull because of Dias de losMuertos.

Last edited by maryann; 10-31-2019 at 09:11 AM.
Old 10-31-2019, 09:28 AM   #171  

S/C/G: ?/136/125

Height: 5'5"

Good morning coaches,

Exercise was treadmill and arm exercises at the gym with my friend and lots of toting things around. We made progress, but it is emotional for her so we take it slow. I try not to encourage her to get rid of anything she would regret, but there is too much stuff. Whatever we get done was more than was getting done before I came to help and she appreciates it. Today will be getting things removed from the house that can be returned to a store, mailed to family or donated to the Tucson Rescue Mission. We will get to the gym if we have time, but she has another appointment, so there may not be time today. There wasn't really a food plan yesterday, but I had salad bar from Whole Foods for lunch and leftover soup and a mango for dinner. I'm thinking calories are fine. Have a great day!
Old 10-31-2019, 09:37 AM   #172  
Green Tomatoes

We came home last night. Hopefully, we’ll get good news in a bit that MiL did just fine on her own.

I ate very lightly yesterday.

Today's plan is more normal. I'm going to see Dear Evan Hansen this afternoon. Fortunately, my live theater expectation doesn't include food (unlike movie theaters). I'll eat lunch before I go and a snack when I get home.

Exercise: +30, 1170/1200 minutes for October
Old 10-31-2019, 10:23 AM   #173  

S/C/G: +71/+30/0

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!

Yesterday was good enough (maint) and weight is holding.

I'm a little anxious about our Halloween party: is the house clean enough? Do we have enough places to sit? Do I have adequate food choices? The food restrictions about did me in with previous parties, but I think it's easier now. I way overthink it.

Maryann, credit for avoiding sweets! The one avoiding sweets is also the one who reminds me I wanted to pick up Halloween donuts for the kids today. Except, only my daughter is waking up early enough to notice.

Bill, yay for a good day with DGD! I guess we are both feeling the "is it enough" anxiety. I am sure it is. As you know, the more you know, the more you know you don't know. So, you can never know all there is to know. lol

Karen, credit for a healthy eating day and being such a great, supportive friend. The gym workout probably does wonders for her mood too!

Joy, yay for a night at the theater! I'll be waiting to hear how MIL did.
Old 10-31-2019, 09:49 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Quick check in! All is going ok, well except the sciatica in the darned leg. Got some kind of anti-inflammatory shot in the leg which helped slightly.

DH is finally home for good after the sale of the house and brought home even more "stuff". So we've been spending the last week trying to sort that, going along slow but sure.

I've been doing okay with the eating and exercise. Have had absolutely no Halloween (or any other kind) of candy. Went out to dinner the other night with DH and a friend, they both had dessert and I didn't even have a bite, credit me. Had a meeting with my insurance agent and she brought out cupcakes!! DH brought two home, and he ate them both. (One of them had this bright blue frosting on it which he got all over himself, so that was kind of funny.)

Anyhow, my weight loss has been slower this week but I am going down a bit every day. Will try to post more frequently now that things are getting slightly back to normal.
Old 11-01-2019, 05:15 AM   #175  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Thumbs up Discussion continues on the November 2019 Thread

Please join us as this discussion continues on:

You can find the list of previous (or more current) monthly Beck threads here on 3 Fat Chicks via:
Closed Thread