Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 12:30 PM   #256  
Rosebud170

S/C/G: 311/208/176

Height: 5'9"

Hi there coaches,
. I used food to soothe last night in a way that I have not in a LONG time. I took the opportunity to analyze how I felt after I ate so much food. I actually drank a bunch of water after I ate too much and felt so sick and full and uncomfortable. In a way, I was happy to feel SO bad. I was glad to have no positive outcome of eating in a bingey way like that. The trigger was a bit of a looming feeling that back to work happens on Monday after a week off, a rewriting of an antique lamp project that I am in over my head on so it is all disassembled in my living room for me to see the clutter and unfinished project in my face feeling and general indecisiveness about how to deal with it. I am leaning toward taking it to Mcckendons and having the nice man that helped me collect all I needed to purchase there to rewire the old gem finish the job for a fee.

Kudos today so far....I have done the p90x3 workout called "eccentric upper" and am drinking my green smoothie. I am going to Zumba at 1230 and a plan for lunch food this week at work. I am also being gentle with myself and not letting guilty feelings seep in from yesterday's lesson.

About my anticipation of returning to work.... I LOVE teaching, my school, my students, my teaching team....after a break where I rest and get a lot of stuff done/caught up at home, it is like jumping on a train that goes a million miles/hr upon returning. It feels like any relaxation that has accumulated, leaves immediately upon returning to such an intense job. It will be just fine when I am there tomorrow and I will thrive in the midst of it...just now, while I have some down time, the overwhemedness looms.....does that make sense?

Have a wonderful Sunday everybody!
Old 02-23-2014, 01:41 PM   #257  

S/C/G: 173/181/ 165

Height: 5'6

Good Morning, Coaches.

Tough day. Big fight with DH over the same issue we have been fighting about for 13 years. Lots of counseling and still we fall into the same hole. Discouraging - especially when I say things I promised myself I wouldn't say. In a way it it just like the food addiction. I promise myself to eat healthy and then treat myself poorly by eating cr** I know is not good for me. the only thing I know to do is persevere with being true to myself. Hating myself will not solve the problem. Food OP this morning. I promised myself a walk. The rest of the day will have to take care of itself.

onebyone: That is so interesting about the mini Gold rush. i had not heard it. I will have to share it with DH.

seadwaters: Credit for logging. i am resisting that this morning. Maybe I will follow your good example.

nationalparker: Here is to a clean eating Sunday. Credit for buying a nice work dress that fits. When i have a busy work week, I put together outfits and hang them in in the closet already tried, tested, and ready - I place on one hanger the pants, blouse, necklace, jacket etc. .. for each day. It only takes me about ten minutes to get ready in the morning when I do this because i thought through everything the Sunday before.

AZTricia: Great idea cooking two chickens. I love making my lunches for the week, have dinner and stashing an extra dinner in the freezer all in the same hour.

ladym0208: Credit for taking care of yourself by furthering your food program while worrying about your mom.

ForMyGirls: It is very easy to discount our successes and magnify our failures. Why is that.

BBE: I went to a King's game and ate nothing but the walnuts and dark chocolate surrounding me. Credit that we can be amongst the food and not partake.

Rosebud170: Our job is intense. Even though I love it, it is very draining. That means we are good at what we do because we are present with the kids and peers. I would rather be that than shut down and shut off and not be drained when I got home. (Thank goodness for long vacations.)

Last edited by maryann; 02-23-2014 at 01:50 PM.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:30 PM   #258  
Healthy Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 260/ticker/...-1 more pound

Height: 5'6"

Hello coaches,
OP for today, but feeling anti-social so no personals again. Rockets have taken over my home and family as they prepare for next month's big launch. I think I'll go read a book so I don't have to look at it.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:33 PM   #259  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Thumbs up strange and unusual

Coaches

While seated at The Tilted Kilt for the very first time at 6:30am with dozens of other Canadian hockey fans for the gold medal game in Sochi I realized I hadn't made my foodplan for the day. My trusty phone (I need to give this thing a name) reminded me to read my arc. Perfect. I scrolled and opened the memo and just simply read it. It was great as it kept me on track for ordering breakfast. I had truthfully thought I wouldn't stay for the game, just drop DH off there and come get him later, but the atmosphere was so weird and great and unusual and I can deal with hockey so I stayed and was glad I did. DH was very happy I stayed and I actually had fun. The liquor laws were changed for the day and the first pitcher of draft arrived at about 6:45am. Two beers showed up at our table around 7am. I stuck to (horrible) coffee which helped me wake up and then I ordered breakfast. I had a breakfast sandwich which I should have tossed the very puffy/doughy pretzel bun and it came with fries (sigh) which I didn't resist at all. Thankfully, since it was "breakfast" it was a small portion. The price though was outrageous! $16! OMG. Guess the patrons were gonna pay for making staff get up at 4-5am when they are a late night establishment. I just tracked the food and it is fine and the rest of the day is fine and I am happy with it all. I am going to do a WATP workout but another day will pass with me not getting to the gym for the weights. I see my trainer tomorrow but if she weighs me I can show that 5lb loss so I am ok with whatever she says. My inner rebel is saying naaanaaananaboobooo to her already as I write this.

I was really hesitant to go into The Tilted Kilt as it's a place known for, well, it's a Hooter's type place and I didn't know how I would feel. Tell you what, I felt fine and there were several young women serving the food and drink, all totally thin and beautiful and around 20 give or take and they all had some kind of figure flaw. Not one of them was "perfect" in the magazine sense and I don't know, it's all ok.

As BBE says "it's not about me". I sure knew that! LOL.

Someone did snap a picture at the table which then went straight to facebook. It was about having a beer at 7am, but I saw the photo and while I am completely cut off and disguised/not named, there it was, my double chin! Ugh. An old lady's wattle I thought. Immediately a thought went through my brain "it's ok it's all changing anyway. it won't be the same." I think my positive affirmation tapes and hypnosis tapes are helping to counter the negative thought so quickly. *credits here by the dozen I'd say*

I left there feeling good, we dropped off more stuff to my locker and studio, freeing up more space in the apartment and then went grocery shopping where we actually CHOSE a lot of veggies. Amazing. Our food order looked like that of a healthy person/people. So great.

I'm afraid though I am delaying my at-the-movies reward. I am exhausted and don't want to go out now that I am home. I am going to watch a movie at home. I have several to choose from.

*credits*
planning food
tracking food
weighing (269.0 this morning)
continuing to declutter
reading arc
cooking from scratch
posting here
countering sabotaging thoughts
did 3mile fat burning powerwalk dvd=40min

Last edited by onebyone; 02-23-2014 at 07:17 PM.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:39 PM   #260  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Height: 5'8"

Hi, Coaches.

Yesterday was a fine day. Nothing super celebratory about it, but I really just wanted to stay focused on work. So, it worked out well. DH and I had some really important discussions about what is next for our lives after I graduate. Nothing was decided, but we were about to prioritize what is important to each of us as far as our prospects.

Food both days was completely on plan. I spent several hours this morning cooking food for the week and prepping salad and other veggies. I was really tired from that work, which is unusual, so I hope I am not coming down with something. After my last post, I logged in to my insurance company's web site to look at my medical claim status from surgery. I'm hoping this was a typo, but apart from the pre-surgical x-rays, bloodwork, exams, anesthesiologist, etc. the surgery center put in a claim for $49,000. I am hoping there was a decimal point error, because the original estimate was close to 10% of that. Keeping my finger's crossed and am simultaneously grateful I have good coverage.

AZTricia, what a nice surprise to know that other people are noticing. Great job cooking and exercising yesterday! I'm glad today is OP for you.

BillBlueEyes, interesting notes about Travers. I'm with you on the "butter-soaked" goodness notion. Kudos for ignoring the meeting snacks.

CeeJay, great job for making good choices Friday and a plan for Saturday.

flnu, a great jog sounds fantastic!

ForMyGrirld, mindless games on the iPad can be a great distractor! (I get stuck in them, though). I'm also really glad for you that the Beck strategies are helping you and your money get to where you want to be. That is neat!

GardenerJoy, hope your new streak is coming along well for 80% or better days. The concept of "retreat days" sounds great. I've heard other people using cheat days once a week as part of their maintenance plan. I would be really nervous about doing so, as 24 hours may turn in to 30 hours, which could turn in to 48 hours... I'm not sure I have the restraint to flip a switch on and off like that.

LadyM0208, I hope your frustrating situation that is keeping you from getting your work done is going better. That would just about do me in too! I was sorry to ready about your family members that are ill. It must be tough!

Lexxiss, sorry about the work situation messing up your plans! That stinks! Congratulations on maintaining that low. Yay for you that you have the energy to get done what you need to do!

MaryAnn, sorry to hear dairy reintroduction had some downfalls for you. Major credit for moving on from it, and walking forward though! I hope the rest of the week goes well, and that inspire of the familiar fight with DH that you will find some peace.

NationalParker, bummer on feeling like a "frump" when you were out. Hang in there! Give yourself a little bit of slack as you are dealing with a lot right now.

OnebyOne, glad you had some enjoyable time in the kitchen cooking from scratch. It is great that your phone was able to help you out.

Rosebud170, wow! Great job with the enthusiastic exercise! I'm sorry to read about "food to soothe". That is such a familiar activity for me. Great job for exercising, and am intimidated by 2 workouts in the same day! Getting back in the swing of work is REALLY hard for me too. It almost makes it seem as if the break weren't worthwhile, which is apparently not supposed to be how it works. I haven't been able to get there though to see the other side.

SeaDWaters, great job planning, tracking, and getting in those steps! I'm glad you were able to get in a walk with the pups for some movement yesterday.

MaryAnn and Rosebud, those of us that can't handle dealing with kids all day long are incredibly grateful to those somehow manage it! You are so important to the bigger scope of society and I hope you always know that you are special!
Old 02-23-2014, 06:45 PM   #261  

S/C/G: 304/294/200

Hello everyone:

Having a great day mostly relaxing and doing things I like to do. Love Sundays.

Credit today for:

-riding exercise bike 15 minutes (better than yesterday when my knee was too sore to do at all)
-walking 15 minutes and getting some fresh air- even though it is -15
-reading advantage and response cards
-checking in with my coaches
-planning tomorrow's food
-weighing myself
-eating healthy today and recording what I ate

flnu- congratulations on your exercise streak.

seadwaters- beautiful list of credits.

nationalparker-I did what you did- overate yesterday. We need to just say oh well and do better today.

ladym0208-sorry about the illness in your family. It is hard being so far away when people are ill. It is not selfish to focus on weigh loss through hard times in our families.

FutureFitChick- good for you for checking in!

ForMyGirls-sorry about your rough weekend. I hope you continue to feel better about things.

BillBlueEyes-what a streak you are on. Thanks for posting your 95 days. It is a big reminder to me that time flies by so quickly- how could 95 days passed since you started? And since time flies quickly, isn't it better to be eating sanely than not? Not sure that I am making sense. Something like-- 3 more months will be gone in a flash whether or not I am eating well, so might as well eat well.

Lexxiss- glad you are feeling energetic and end is in sight with your new renters.

gardenerjoy-like your idea of spa retreat days instead of days off. Worth the effort! Also thanks for the reminder that salad can be cabbage! LOL. Needing a bit of change some days.

Rosebud170- I know that sick, uncomfortable feeling after overeating. As you said it is a good thing that it feels SO bad. You did a great job of figuring out the triggers.

maryann- sorry things are not going so well for you and DH. It is hard to stay on track when we are dealing with difficulties- all of us have been or are there. Wishing you well.

AZtricia- yay for an OP day!!

onebyone- hello to you. Glad to hear that you are doing so well. Good for you for getting up and getting out to watch our Canadians take the gold. Sorry to say I did not even try getting up. So happy for you to be back in the 260's.

Take care
Old 02-23-2014, 09:32 PM   #262  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

A decent day - could have been better, could have been worse, so today, I'm taking it. Caught up with my mom and we're just waiting until the appt. with the oncologist tomorrow morning... we'll see what they say. Dad is keeping his hopes on that if it was bad, they'd have called him in faster. Food was so-so ... I ended up snacking at 5 p.m. because I knew dinner would be 8 p.m. or later as DH was working. I need to call that "tea time" and make my cup of tea. That wasn't in my mind - what WAS was the food I'd just bought from the market, so tried the new choc gelato (good) ... that's the best serving of all - the soft one. I take less than the half cup serving and ENJOY. DH thinks it's "mine" (not his) and doesn't eat it as quickly, so it's a smarter choice than just a thing of lighter ice cream he loves. Dinner was breakfast for dinner with a delish fresh fruit salad - pineapple, grapefruit, orange, banana, craisins and a bit of coconut shreds - the hard ones from Trader Joe's.

Want to get crackin' on some projects, and one is a redo of one I've done - I found this postcard journal a while back: http://www.designsponge.com/2010/12/...r-journal.html and made it - but the cards are too small for my handwriting, so I take a few lines and clearly need to do up bigger cards. So bought the 4x6 ones and will restamp them all (and actually will go back and write what I had written on them from 2013...) and figure out something else for dividers/holder.

Took our dog out for a shorter-than-planned walk as it was colder than I realized and froze up soon after we started out. Was on my feet much of the day, though, so I got in a bunch of walking.

Credits for doing a lighter dinner with DH ... making good choices at the market ... weighed ... did food plan and got the ingredients for the Asian lettuce cups again ... journaled.

Rosebud170 - I know your feeling well of the project. I have a berm project that I purchased hundreds of pavers to do it last year ... I could see it in my mind, but unfortunately I couldn't DO it the way our yard drops off and down. Now I have a half-done project under snow, that is taunting me every time it peeks out. I just keep thinking, I want to get that done. If it were just me, I'd pay a landscaping company to DO it. But I can't do that with DH. I'd never hear the end of it. Kudos to you for thinking of the solution!

FutureFitChick - Keeping fingers crossed here for a wrong decimal point. A friend just had surgery and it was in the six figures and that just seems hard to fathom. Sounds like you have a lot of credits -great job. Sleep well and stave off anything!

CeeJay - I am a wimp because I cut short my walk and it wasn't close to 15 below. Many credits for you - and credit for enjoying all of Sunday. I find myself dreading work come Sunday afternoon. I need to come up with a coping mechanism that turns it into a positive. Some good little tradition.

Bill - Our art cinema was showing a movie about Charles Dickens' lover - Invisible Woman. Yet again I missed a movie that looked interesting. Have you seen it? It wasn't rated particularly high on IMDb but that isn't my criteria, either.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:12 AM   #263  

Good morning Beck buddies,

Yesterday was a good day, Sundays are the day I get to relax so it was nice to have a little recharge of my batteries. I took the opportunity to go for a walk again by the lake as the scenery never gets old.

Credits:
- OP for food
- Walk as exercise as it was a rest day from my exercise program
- Reviewed the anti cravings techniques and made some prompt cards for me to carry around

CeeJay, FutureFitChick, maryann, gardenerjoy & Lexxiss; Thanks for your kind words and encouragement it really helped to see me through the day

BillBlueEyes The musical looks really good and also very OP. I like the fact that the audience get to participate as well. I keep an eye out for it to see if it makes it across the pond to the UK when I get back.

Happy Monday all, here's to an OP week for us all

Last edited by ladym0208; 02-24-2014 at 12:13 AM.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:39 AM   #264  

S/C/G: 106.4/ticker/?? (kg)

Height: 169cm

Hello coaches,

Mostly on track today. My exercise got lost due to my older DD having a new activity which starts an hour before school, so i lost my early morning walk opportunity. I will have to work out a way around this because it will keep happening. Probably i need to make Mondays my day off, rather than Wednesdays. Credit to me for realising it is a solvable problem and looking for a solution rather than using it as an excuse.

Food ? 80 % OP; Health activities 100% OP? yes ; Drank 2L water? yes ; Went to bed on time? yes ; Streak count:

Thank you Bill, Maryann and Lexxis for your supportive words. And Maryann i am sorry you have had a tough day as well. Well done for noticing that giving yourself a hard time would not help.

Rosebud - well done for using your overeat as an opportunity to reflect on how it felt. Also - i totally get what you mean about the overwhelm about going back to work. Like you i have a job i love but which is all-consuming and i get exactly that feeling when i return to work after being on leave!
Old 02-24-2014, 05:41 AM   #265  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Thumbs up Monday

Diet Coaches/Buddies – Our usual Sunday walk, CREDIT moi, was on cleared sidewalks without being dressed as if headed to the Arctic. That moment teased me into believing that spring will come this year.

The opportunity for unnecessary eating came from a table with those HUGE cookies that bakeries produce. Folks were lunging for them. Even worse, there were three kinds so it would make sense to have one of each, where each was undoubtedly about 500 calories. I'm so grateful to be on my streak because I couldn't stand the thought of resetting my number. I ate none of the three, CREDIT moi. Streak to 96.

onebyone – LOL that you're primed with naaanaaananaboobooo to say to your trainer. Congrats on Canada's hockey win; that hurt from down here.

Joy (gardenerjoy) – Love the notion of "spa retreat days" to remind us that a day off doesn't mean a day off mindfulness. I'll have to think of a guy equivalent for 'spa.'

CeeJay - Love the straightforward thinking, "3 more months will be gone in a flash whether or not I am eating well, so might as well eat well."

Debbie (Lexxiss) – Congrats for the recognition by your scale that you're living your plan.

FutureFitChick – Kudos for having an important discussion with your DH. I've never figured out why it's difficult to do that sometimes.

maryann - Clear thinking to realize that keeping your eating on track allows more energy to fight your other battles. [Kudos for restraint at a King's basketball game.]

ladym0208 – Yay for a day to recharge your batteries. I can well imagine that the scenery never gets old.

nationalparker – Continue to beam supportive thoughts as you try to help your parents from afar. You got me drooling for that fresh fruit salad. [Haven't seen Invisible Woman yet, but it's on our list since DW is a big fan of Dickens.]

Rosebud170 – Ouch for the diversion off path; Kudos for digging down to find its trigger so that a plan to get past it is possible. Yep, it makes sense that "the overwhemedness looms."

Tricia (AZtricia) - I'm so jealous that you get to live in a house full of rockets.

Readers -
Quote:
day 12 Practicing Hunger Tolerance

what are you thinking?
Here are some common sabotaging thoughts experienced by dieters who struggle with tolerating hunger. Make Response Cards to read whenever you need them.

Sabotaging Thought: Why should I deliberately make myself feel uncomfortable by skipping lunch?
Helpful Response: I need to experience hunger to decrease my fear of it. This experiment will help reduce my anxiety about hunger in the future. The best way to get over my fear is to face it. This experiment will strengthen me for the next time I'm hungry and it's not time to eat.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 125.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:40 AM   #266  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Talking it works. it all works. everything is working.

Coaches

Discovered the true value of my fitbit this week. Since re-starting last Monday I have faithfully tracked my food using fitbit's site and the syncing between what I log in plus the info it gets from the info broadcast from the rubber fitbit band on my wrist is super valuable to me especially in this weightloss phase. The thing adjusts to my calorie output, moving my calories for the day up or down based on my activity. It's fascinating. I don't adjust my food though. Just set it and forget it until I eat it, but it's satisfying to see what the calorie deficits are daily. I would never have this info by any other means. Well worth it to me as I am often skeptical of how my body works.

*credit weighed in and moved ticker down: 267lbs. Also added a to my signature line for a goal met. I am 3lbs away from my next goal. My reward needs to be thought out....

*credit in my decluttering last night I found both beck books. finally. My beloved pink workbook and my unread green book. I am starting the green book this week. No, I'll start the green book today.

Better go. Much to do this morning. Will check back later.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:54 AM   #267  

S/C/G: 194 / ticker / - 5 lbs

Height: 5'7"

Hi Coaches,

I overate on Sunday for dinner. And I learned that I shouldn’t eat at that restaurant anymore. It is a crappy restaurant anyway and doesn’t have any appealing healthy choices, unlike the more expensive French restaurant (I don’t have many choices where I live) which has very delicious salads and I still get to feel indulgent and naughty because it is more than I would otherwise spend (which is an unfortunate part of my psychological make-up that I am trying to make work for me). Back on track today.

Joy: It is helpful to follow along with you as you break it down. I would not have thought to look to how I framed time in relation to what I expected to eat, and whether a re-framing would be helpful. So, thanks.

Rosebud: I had pretty much that same experience on Sunday. I just flat out overate at dinner. And then I felt gross. Yes. A lesson.

Hi, maryann. I think of hating myself as one of those thinking errors that Beck talked about. And of course distorted thinking only hides the solution(s). I have to remind myself that my brain is trying to trick me and of course I don’t hate myself. I may hate some of my choices, but that’s a different kettle of fish. Anyway, if I may, cyber-hugs.

Tricia: Glad to see your check in and credit for OP.

Hi, onebyone, that was a fun post to read. Many credits in there. What’s your walking DVD? You recommend it?

FutureFitChick: Nice to hear about you OP business-as-usual days as the norm rather than the exception.

Ceejay: You get credit squared for walking in the fresh air at minus 15.

Nationalparker: I clicked through the designsponge link – very cool. I am hoping for the best for you and your family.

Ladym0208: I have about the same amount of time as you before I go back home too. It’s a good time to change and prepare. Credit for your OP-ness. I have three escalating anti-craving cards. The front of the first card says “I want nachos. What should I do?” The second says, “I still want nachos. What else can I do?” And the third is “Nope. Still want nachos. How about a distraction?” I am prepared. Now I just need to read them at the critical point.

ForMyGirls: I also have to work around my daughter’s morning schedule and my own work schedule. I try to have a backup plan for the evenings, even just a walk around the lake, in case the morning is a total bust.

BBE: I hear you on the power of the streak. It is really motivating. Congrats to streaking on. What’re you going to do for yourself when you hit a century?
Old 02-24-2014, 12:24 PM   #268  

S/C/G: 173/181/ 165

Height: 5'6

Good Morning, Coaches.

DH and I weathered the storm yesterday. The saving grace was it din't come into DS's world for which I am grateful. Credit. Both DH and I grew up shouldering adult worry and responsibility. We were not allowed to be kids. We want more for our son. So credit for keeping boundaries during painful emotions. I kept food boundaries as well and was OP in terms of calories. Today's food is in MFP and I just finished step class. I also have some simple chores to do. There will be no world saving or monumental tasks today. I feel I am still healing from the fight.

Actually, I rethink what I just said. The monumental tasks I am performing today are to be kind although I feel empty and to be of service to my little family. There are many people I know who are not kind to others when they are hurting. I want more for me.

Thanks for all the comfort. Wave to all.

Last edited by maryann; 02-24-2014 at 12:25 PM.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:09 PM   #269  
Green Tomatoes

Quick (and late) check-in today. I'm pleased that I got back to a high score of OPness yesterday and have every expectation of the same today.
3Ws (Weigh, Write a food plan, Write a post) streak: 20 Credit!
WI: -0.4 kg, Exercise: +50 1170/1400 minutes for February, Food: 90%op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

onebyone: I got movie rewards to work for me a few times at the beginning. But they take so much time which can make them too stressful to work well as a reward. Loved your story of watching the hockey game. I had no idea Canadians were doing that -- going to sports bars for breakfast, beer, and hockey. Fun to think about.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:20 PM   #270  
Healthy Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 260/ticker/...-1 more pound

Height: 5'6"

Hello Coaches,

I'm having a good day so far. Food OP, Exercise walking + DVD OP+

This week is busy, especially Thursday. I'm finally going to see a doctor about a long term issue and I am helping host a new member coffee/tea for the organization where I serve as a board member. I don't like social events like that (introvert) so it is a bit stressful + there will be food that is not OP...a temptation I haven't had to face in a while since I control what comes into our home. I never eat that late at home, so I'm going to plan some veggies to be social and hope to leave the rest alone.

Sad news, the first "under 5 drowning" of the season has occurred and now a local family has lost their 3 year old son. One thing I hate around here are all the unfenced pools.

The rocket stuff is all finally picked up, at least till next weekend. I will be glad when their "big launch" is done and my boys have more than rockets on their brains.

BillBlueEyes I had to laugh about "leave butter-soaked grilled bread" (your dd)...why eat it if all the cheese is gone??? melty cheese! Hurray for clear sidewalks and spring! Almost to 100!

CeeJay Great job for your exercise and planning/recording!

flnu Bummer for a restaurant with no good choices, kudos for right back on track!

ForMyGirls Hurray for back on track. It is good to hear how Beck is helping you in all your life. Kudos for solving your schedule problem and not excusing no exercise.

FutureFitChick Sorry you had an anxious Saturday. Hope your PT is going well. Hurray for good insurance. What is your degree?

gardenerjoy Hurray for your good day yesterday and high expectations for today!

ladym0208 Sorry to hear about the health issues in your family. Hope you've been successful at fighting sabotaging thoughts, especially when they don't make sense! Thanks for sharing your photos, the lake is lovely. Your traditional dress is beautiful and the braids are gorgeous!

Lexxiss
Hurray for almost done with your project and your great streak!

maryann I'm glad to see that you are bouncing back after your tough weekend. I love your commitment to be kind even when you are not at your best.

nationalparker Small lunches just don't work for me, as my body needs/wants those mid day calories more than any others. I found that I can stop eating at 3 or 4 and be fine and I'm not even very hungry for breakfast, but the "more the better" within reason at lunch makes for an easier and healthier day for me. When I eat the traditional dinner at lunch, then I don't even need an afternoon snack. Hope your Dad's news today is better than expected.

onebyone Hurray for candlelit dinner and prepping soup. Recipe link? Can always use a good veggie soup recipe! The Lego movie has such good reviews, I need to take my boys. Hurray for healthy person food and keeping a positive outlook, you are on the right track. Sounds like the fitbit gives you great info, it is why I like DietPower too...all that lovely detail! Kudos for 5 lbs gone!!!

Rosebud170 So glad you are enjoying your variety of workouts and your nutribullet. I need to do some green smoothies, maybe one for snack.... Congrats on all the weight you have lost! Thanks for sharing how you felt after the binge and kudos for getting back on track so quickly. Hope your stress level has calmed back down now that you are back at work.

seadwaters
Hope you had a good weekend and hurray for good bacterias!

Last edited by AZtricia; 02-24-2014 at 03:22 PM.
Closed Thread