3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Atkins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/)
-   -   Memorial Day Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins/256536-memorial-day-challenge.html)

globetrotter74 04-25-2012 08:57 AM

Ladies I have to break down and have some soup that is not on plan :( mashing up green beans didn't work and I have no atkins shakes around plus I need something in my stomach and not starve so this soup which I read the label is low fat but full of carbs.. oh well I'm hoping it won't do too much damage but with TOM here and having a very bad sore throat I need to get something down plus a headache was coming on and I know it was from not eating anything..

Tomorrow I'm hoping my throat will be better.. not sure if I'll make my 12 lb loss by memorial day but 6 lb for sure ..

rho1640 04-25-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by globetrotter74 (Post 4307434)
Serenity I'm dancing with ya :carrot: I feel a bit terrible and have a sore throat :( I may have to break down and have some soup as I can't really swollow well si soup maybe the only way to eat something...

Hang in there guys... we are creeping along to Memorial day.. I'm hoping I'll be at my goal weight but we will see. I haven't worked out since TOM and now with this sore throat I don't want to do nothing at all..

watch the throat that is how I began .. And soup did help ... Good luck

Weighed myself to see the damages this morning - and I lost .2 I am thrilled I figured I would be up from meds alone. Yay. Now to make it thru my 5 days away with no gain and I will be dancing in the streets..

You'll keep it up while I'm gone ..

Serenity I save those bars for real need .. In fact had some expire recently - I found they weren't my friend either

Vi so glad to see you! Brush yourself off and jump on ... You will do super! Getting back into it is the hardest thing and you already did that so you are good to go!

rho1640 04-25-2012 09:11 AM

Globe - do you have some chicken and chicken broth and celery, carrot, a little onion and wine ... That was my cheat soup I used a ton of celery and a small onion some garlic and I put a little of the shredded carrots in it oh and mushrooms ... If you feel up to it let the chicken simmer for a long time then take it out and cool and pick the meat then add the veggies etc and let it go throw the meat back in and enjoy. It will become like jello in the fridge but that's what you want - that's where all the goodness is and when you warm it it liquids up again.

Feel better

globetrotter74 04-25-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rho1640 (Post 4307491)
Globe - do you have some chicken and chicken broth and celery, carrot, a little onion and wine ... That was my cheat soup I used a ton of celery and a small onion some garlic and I put a little of the shredded carrots in it oh and mushrooms ... If you feel up to it let the chicken simmer for a long time then take it out and cool and pick the meat then add the veggies etc and let it go throw the meat back in and enjoy. It will become like jello in the fridge but that's what you want - that's where all the goodness is and when you warm it it liquids up again.

Feel better

That sounds nice but rho I'm so drained from TOM and not eating anything that opening up my boxed soup and throwing it in the microwave was all I could do. I'll do that soup tomorrow minus the wine but it sounds nice.. my sore throat hurts when I swallow.. I'm going to have to go and get more meds for it.. I wasn't sucking on cough drops plus they wouldn't help anyway.. just resting taking meds for TOM and for my sore throat.. not a nice week for myself..

selway 04-25-2012 11:30 AM

210! (was 216 on Monday after beng 212 on Sunday - perhaps due to salt in bacon?). I was freaking out - looking for hidden sugars, etc. For my sweet tooth attacks I have sugar free jello and I had to dig through the trash to make sure I didn't accidently buy the kind with sugar. I have both kinds because my kids like to eat what I do and I don't give them anything with aspartame in it.

Globetrotter - I hope you get feeling better soon, that sounds miserable.

Rho - have a nice vacation!

Serenity and Steph - woot woot!

Everyone have a great day.

aud 04-25-2012 12:12 PM

Back to dust myself off with you Vi . . . plus 8# for my troubles. Gramps finally passed so have been off work and out of town for that . . . totally 0ffP . . . while we arranged all of that it came to light that DH's 27yr0 son is hooked on meth . . . it's tragic. Ultimately nothing we can do as he is in severe denial (the sores on his face are supposedly from a weed whip accident - no word on why his teeth are falling out) and also his Mom/dh's ex is the classic enabler. I even tried Intervention Jeff's line about "loving him to death." All to no avail.:(

I consciously went 0ffP for a change - instead of feeling out of control - mainly just feel disappointed to revert to my old/usual way of dealing with things. It's better to feel disappointed than out of control for me . . . just need to get where I don't feel either lol.

Back to Plan . . . back to work tonite . . . off to change ticker . . .

selway 04-25-2012 12:44 PM

Aud - my heart is aching for you. Sorry to hear of your grandfather's passing, that is never easy. I am especially sad to hear of your stepson's addiction. My brother went through the same thing. He is better now, but I agree with you - tough love is the answer, not enabling. I wouldn't wish being a family member of a meth addict on anyone - stay strong. Take care of yourself during these difficult times, you can do it. I don't mean to sound cliche, but this too shall pass......

rho1640 04-25-2012 03:56 PM

Oh aud I'm so sorry for both things - neither is easy and my heart breaks for you ..

Just a quick quick run by ... Packing

Serenity100 04-25-2012 04:12 PM

Globe feel better. I bet those carbs you ate won't do much damage because your calorie intake is low. Have you tried gargling with warm salt water to help your throat?

Aud, so sorry to hear about your troubles. :hug: So proud of you that you are back on plan now.

Selway, WTG on the Whoosh. Yes, I have the same reaction to products high in sodium too.

Rho glad you are feeling better. Yes, I agree there is nothing like homemade chicken soup. so much better for you than the canned stuff. Getting some from a Chinese restaurant or a Kosher restaurant is second best, but I have no idea if there are any of those types in Italy where Globe is.

Running to the store, I ran out of salad greens.:dizzy:

Keep on doing it!

AnaBee 04-26-2012 01:11 AM

Aud, I'm so sorry, you have so much to deal with right now. I'm thinking of you *hugs*

That 2 days later thing Steph is what derails me I think. I do something I shouldn't and don't get 'punished' immediately and thing 'woot!' and continue skating a bit too close to the edge and them bam, a 5 pound gain. Boo!

Gargle your sore throat Globe, that'll help it not to get worse and go to your lungs. Boiling water with salt (let the water cool a bit so you don't burn your throat) works well, or you can get stuff from the chemist/pharmacy/drug store (never know what people call it!) Feel better!

dietcokehead98 04-26-2012 11:37 AM

Checking in to brag
-3.5lbs since Monday. Woot!
Hopefully I'll meet my -12 for the Memorial Day Challenge!

selway 04-26-2012 02:33 PM

dietcokehead - Woot woot! I have lose 7 pounds of the 18 pound goal that I set for myself. We can do it!

dietcokehead98 04-26-2012 03:24 PM

Go on, girl!
I mean, I KNOW it's probably water weight, but I will not pish posh ANYTHING!!! I'll TAKE IT!!!
And how did you lose 73lbs?! Low carb?! We are almost the same height!

selway 04-26-2012 05:08 PM

dietcokehead - I was lowish carb, low calorie, high protein for a while and then when I plateaued for about a month (serious plateau - tried doubling exercise, tripling it, removing it, etc.). I decided to try Atkins to get the scale moving again. Plateau busted!

aud 04-27-2012 07:13 AM

Thanks for the support All!:hug: Means a lot.

Just popping by to ticker change - 5# of bloat gone after just 1 day back OP!:carrot: Hoping for even more (as always) when I weigh "today" - my nite shift morning always whenver I wake up lol :^: . . . trying to get to sleep to enjoy Friday off work (We're working that "4-10 hr day" schedule that really turns out to be "5-11's" two out of 3 weeks . . . translation: just another way to screw us out of OT pay and exhausting.) Anyhoo, had the bereavement M & T but now called in to a day shift Saturday:dizzy: - determined to stay OP throughout and to get back on my bike. Missed weigh-in at work and the gym/weights all week - gotta stop the slide, ya know?

I went thru this meth thing with my Sis and my neph. Pure heartache and a scourge of rural communities especially . . . he finally got off this poison (almost a year now--he's almost 40yr0) but took a horrible health scare/hospitalization (liver failure/bowel damage) to scare him straight. Neph somehow never looked as terrible as stepson did at the wake/funeral tho - so thinking this is a bad case.

Sorry to babble - the birds are singing and the sun is up - time for this nite shifter to hit the hay. Hope everyone has a great OP TGIF!:carrot: