3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Atkins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/)
-   -   Memorial Day Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins/256536-memorial-day-challenge.html)

Serenity100 04-15-2012 07:52 AM

Happy Sunday! Lost 2.5 lbs this week. :carrot: Made it to onderland. 198.5. Even though I am thrilled with the loss, I am just relieved, not joyful about getting out of the 200's. Never want to see that number again.:eek: Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would lose on just a regular basis. It proves to me that low carbing is the way to go, and the reason why I got frustrated and quit other plans was because even though I was sticking to the plan, I was eating too many carbs.

Keep on doing it!

rho1640 04-15-2012 08:32 AM

Hi all - just a quick check in ... Still sick as can be ... If I could get more than 15 minutes of sleep at a time before coughing - if I'm not dramatically better by tomorrow I'm going to try to get in to see the doctor and I won't even care that the only cough meds that work for me is probably full of sugar - its also one that stops the cough and makes me sleep.

I've made up for the slip because I've been too sick to care and thank God I got a rotisserie chicken thinking I would make the Chinese chicken soup from Linda's site because even though I haven't made it yet I've been cutting a piece off and eating it. I think I have 10 lbs of mucous in me though.. How the heck does the body just keep making it.

Serenity us LI'ers have to stick together ;) and congrats on onederland!! :carrot:

Going to jump in a hot shower for as long as I can stand up...

StephanieM 04-15-2012 01:04 PM

Hope you feel better soon Rho! I remember when I was sick and it took forever to get better. And you can't really take most medicines because they have so much sugar in them (at least the good ones do ;) )

184.8, down another half lb :) Must have gained a ton of water weight! That's 3 lbs down in 6 days, still another 3 to go to get back to my lowest weight his year which was 181.8.

airomatic 04-16-2012 02:49 AM

Good job to those with losses :)
Aud: The pills are life extension 7-keto dhea metabolite. Wellbutrin is the only one that's worked for me too, I've tried different meds but I get side effects from them. That's crazy that you are allergic to it, that's the scary thing about meds it's hard to tell what's causing the reaction because of how much stuff goes in them. And thanks for reposting the clouds recipe, I will somehow find time to make them this week, I think having something sweet on hand will help me stick to plan. Seems like that's my biggest derailer as of late.
212.2 today, met my Easter goal weight, only a week late not too bad :)

StephanieM 04-16-2012 11:25 AM

184.2 :) Went over to the in laws for the day yesterday, I brought my own lunch to eat since I want to stay on plan, and had a bunless hot dog and hamburger for dinner with cheese, a bit of cauliflower, a bit of corn and some onions. I kept the bad stuff in moderation, I'm pretty proud of myself :)

The hard thing is my husband is away for 2 weeks and left this morning. It's gonna be hard taking care of my daughter and myself and keeping the house up. I'll figure it all out though :)

aud 04-16-2012 02:11 PM

That is so GREAT serenity and what an accomplishment!:carrot: I am so happy for you and also insanely jealous!:dizzy: It seems like forever since I've been under 200 . . . can't wait . . . I'm down again today tho' and nu numbers are within reach . . . so that's my goal for the week: nu numbers and down as far into them as Induction will take me.

Tx for re-posting the metabolism info air0 (and reading my Wellbutrin novel lol) - still no side effects from them, right? I'm going to check them out this weekend - you get them at a health food store? I decided to give the ADD medication a try and have to say, I'm feeling good on it. I'm prone to anxiety attacks and with a name like "dextro-amp" I thought for sure those puppies would induce one! (I can't even take "cold" pills because of that) Anyhoo, they're low dose and I did fine with them over the weekend - even drinking coffee with them, so plan on continuing them this week at work.

When I first made the Clouds I ate too many of them (as Linda says on her LC site - they are "addictive.") but now it's more a matter of "knowing" they are there in the freezer is enough . . . I know, I know the mind games I have to play with myself . . . I've made another mental agreement with myself lol . . . if I am going to overeat, I'm going to overeat things OP. Just like having the Clouds on hand, this strangely has kept me from overeating . . . ?!:dizzy:

I freeze them for about an hour still on the cookie sheet (bulky) then put them in a gallon bag for easier storage. Was up all nite and decided to use up all the cream cheese with Linda's cheesecake . . . our store has been out of the Torano vanilla so used their "white chocolate" . . . tweeked further by adding GFoods SF Choco Coffee and a scoop of Hersheys Cocoa . . . it came out so brown-choco-ey lol . . had a smidge and was great! I've cut it up in tiny squares and am freezing those as well.

Good job at the in-laws steph and hang in there with your darling baby! And rho, hope you are better soon and have seen the Doc...hate those racking coughs!:(

I'm off to the nite shift . . . cya in the Wee!

aud 04-16-2012 02:15 PM

The Cheesecake I tweeked: http://genaw.com/lowcarb/cheesecake_squares.html

Serenity100 04-16-2012 03:45 PM

:wave:Hi everyone! Sounds as if everyone is getting their act together. I have to tell you that this plan is wonderful for me, because I just eat my regular food, and am rarely hungry.

Aud, that cheesecake recipe looks divine. I would need to make sure someone was around to take it away after I cut my piece because I can't trust myself for only taking one piece and not eating the entire thing. lol

I'm trying not to obsess over each thing I eat. If it is on the "good" list, I eat it, if it is on the forbidden list, I don't. I find I need to be 100% OP or the weight does not come off of me.

Keep on doing it.

globetrotter74 04-16-2012 04:11 PM

Hiya Serenity I'm glad you have found something that works for you. Everyone is not the same and what one person does may not be good for another. I didn't exercise today as I was running around a lot so I did burn something LOL..

I'm definitely focusing on Memorial Day and hoping to have reached my goal or be pretty close to it..

rho1640 04-16-2012 06:44 PM

Went to the doctor and got 2 shots and pills to take - I'm almost 59 you would think I would realize that every bad cold or flu ends up turning into major bronchitis - I do know it I just am eternally optimistic and think I feel a tiny bit better lol. So I gave in to my poor me and had tow carny meals and they didn't even taste that good so imwill remember that next time ... Hopefully tomorrow I will feel enough better to make chicken soup - now trying to keep hubs from getting this before we go away next week.

Everyone is doing great .. I'm back on tomorrow .. I'm not going to weigh till I finish the meds though.

I still need to make the clouds - I did one and just ate it with a teeny tiny spoon without freezing (I'm sure my measurements were off but I needed something sweet that night and it helped I cant imagine how much help the actual recipe will be :o

Have had a few periods when I needed a little help and Wellbutrin was the best of what they tried for me also ... So sorry you developed an allergy to it.

Allergies suck - my sun allergy popped up in my 40's and a friends grandson can't eat anything with 4 legs - this is an allergy that happens rarely to people who have had Lymes - can you imagine!!

selway 04-17-2012 12:05 PM

Too late to join the challenge?

Just started Induction today! I have been stalking these boards for a while and am happy to get started. I have been fairly successful on another diet plan, but stalled and switched to Atkins. I hope to lose 18 pounds by Memorial Day! I know that might sound ambitous, but I will work REALLY hard to make that happen. I turn 40 that week and am determined to be under 200 lbs by then.

minoja75 04-17-2012 12:30 PM

Welcome Selway! Good luck to you!

globetrotter74 04-17-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by selway (Post 4297308)
Just started Induction today! I have been stalking these boards for a while and am happy to get started. I have been fairly successful on another diet plan, but stalled and switched to Atkins. I hope to lose 18 pounds by Memorial Day! I know that might sound ambitous, but I will work REALLY hard to make that happen. I turn 40 that week and am determined to be under 200 lbs by then.

Hi selway and welcome.. anything is possible and just work hard like you said and try and lose as much as you can...

This forum is very friendly and helpful.. Has helped me a lot..

StephanieM 04-17-2012 01:39 PM

I'm glad there are so many of us here :) When I first came back to these boards it was just rho and aud and maybe one other person. I love that the boards are filling up again!

I woke up at 4 am because of the baby and I jumped on the scale and saw 183.2! It felt amazing, I fed her and we ended up being able to sleep until 8:30. I decided to weigh again to see if it was real and it said 183.8 which is still great :) This means that after a week of being on Atkins again (started last Tuesday) I have lost 4 lbs :)

When I came to this thread I was at 185.4 I believe so I'm almost 2 lbs down for memorial day challenge. Whee!

Went to in laws last night, they had me over for dinner to help out since I'm alone. They made me a salad, chicken, and hard boiled eggs :) How nice is that? They are having me over for pork chops with veggies on Wednesday and said I could spend the night with the baby on the weekend if I'm lonely. It's nice to have people close by since I don't drive. My husband left me his truck for emergencies and though I'm pretty confident in my driving skills, I only have my learners and I don't think he'd be too happy if I took it for a spin :P

globetrotter74 04-17-2012 01:56 PM

:lol: Step no don't take the truck out for a spin..

congrats on the 2 lb loss that is great.. it is good that your in-laws are being supportive of the fact that you are alone and also cooking to suit atkins..

I'm not going to weigh myself until the weekend.. my scale is broken the true reason :lol: but also it makes me focus on not just the scale but working as hard as I can. I worked out for 20 mins as I had a lot of other things to do bt 20 mins is good and plus I'm always running around town etc..