3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Atkins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/)
-   -   Memorial Day Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins/256536-memorial-day-challenge.html)

Serenity100 04-30-2012 12:47 PM

Hey everyone! Globe glad you're going better. Steph, wow you are solidly in the 170's now. I can't wait to get there.

If anyone wants to up their motivation and resolve to stay 100% OP until Memorial Day. Do what I did. Try on your bathing suit.:fr: Oh and look into the full length mirror. :eek: 'nuff said.

Keep on doing it!

globetrotter74 04-30-2012 02:29 PM

:lol: @ Serenity aww it wasn't that bad.. I only have a one piece and said one day I would love to wear a 2 piece but... I have some stretch marks around the hip area and I have to find a one that will cover that and plus I'm still a bit modest to wear a 2 piece... I always wear cover ups at the beach

I'll weigh in tomorrow and see if I did damage eating the yogurts and soup when I was sick.. but now that I'm feeling better I'm in it to win it..

AnaBee 04-30-2012 05:52 PM

LOL Serenity, I should try that. I'm wearing a new dress this morning, I love the colour but sheesh, it makes me look pregnant. Comfy, but I don't know what possessed me to wear a waistline that starts just below my bra. Oh well.

dietcokehead98 04-30-2012 07:22 PM

....I'm turning into a grilled vegetable.

That's all for today.

globetrotter74 05-01-2012 04:45 AM

Well guys after being sick and coming off my cycle I finally got on the scale to see that I have put on weight...:( I was like :eek: how in the world did I put on weight when I couldn't eat anything and most of what I ate was yogurt or soup.. true they were full of carbs but OMG!!! I'm back on plan with full force now.. I'm hoping that my body is still carrying water and trying to recuperate from being sick and coming off TOM.. but if anything it has motivated me to go hardcore these next weeks.. I'm aiming for 2 pounds a week which will give me 8 pounds by Memorial Day Weekend.. I will be honest and say I was a bit bummed to see the scale go up but then in the back of my mind I said to myself wait you know you didn't eat a lot of calories to pile on weigh so it must be water and coming off TOM.. either way I'm back in this to win it.. will exercise today 45 mins high aerobics today, tomorrow and will so everyday for the next weeks...

carvinmom 05-01-2012 08:22 AM

I was reading the post and came across this challenge and it reminded me to get back with the program. Atkins is the only way ive been able to lose in the past and i just seem to lack the will power to get started again.Seems like after three years of atkins and then going off, i crave the carbs more then ever.. Im always hungry and feel terrible off my Atkins.... Everyone is so supportive here and have encouraged me by their posts. Im in for the challenge and will lose 12 lbs. by memorial weekend. Will walk my collie for exercise as she needs to be on a diet also.. Do dogs do Atkins @@@@

rho1640 05-01-2012 09:16 AM

So back from vacation .. And between being sick before, sort of sick during and going off plan a little while away I'm up 3 lbs ... Just hope it comes off quickly as I settle back into a routine and get rehydrated ... I never drink enough water when we travel

Slowly catching up on posts ...

globetrotter74 05-01-2012 09:34 AM

Aww rho you have been sick as well :hug: glad you are better. I'm up in weigh as well from being sick and had to eat soups and yogurts that were full of carbs but it was all that I could eat. I'm hoping that it is water and plus I just came off TOM on Saturday so we shall see but I'm hardcore now. I will lose 8 pounds by Memorial Day Weekend. I'm going to exercise 2 times a day for 45 mins and definitely stay on plan!!!

dietcokehead98 05-01-2012 09:43 AM

You GO globetrotter, you can do it!

My scale hasn't moved since Sunday. This will not deter me. It will not beat me. I WILL WIN!!! TOWANDA!!!!!!!!

globetrotter74 05-01-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dietcokehead98 (Post 4315537)
You GO globetrotter, you can do it!

My scale hasn't moved since Sunday. This will not deter me. It will not beat me. I WILL WIN!!! TOWANDA!!!!!!!!

Thanks Diet I'm so determined now!!
I see that you aren't going to let your scale stop you as well and it just has motivated you..

We definitely can do this!!! The scale may have won this small battle but I will win the war.. it is on

selway 05-01-2012 11:36 AM

AnaBee - LOL, I have a dress like that too.

Dietcokehead - Wow, my hat is off to you for doing the side business you do and staying on your diet program. I was inspired by you and made my kids (2 and 4) chocolate chip cookies on Sunday. It was easy not to eat a cookie, but it was so hard not to do the instinctive reactions (lick beater, eat stray cookie chunk that stuck to pan, etc.) that I must have done when I made them cookies in the past!

Carvinmom - welcome back!

Go Globe, Go Rho, Go Stephanie, Go Everybody!

Serenity - I couldn't even find a bathing suit to try on! I look forward to buying one in July.

I am struggling with TOM. The scale had better be moving down after it is over. I have been working so hard!

aud 05-01-2012 02:30 PM

Doin' a drive-by to say HEY!:carrot: Down another pound - will be back to catch up in the Wee Hours - Super busy/OT - ttyl!:hug:

Serenity100 05-01-2012 07:53 PM

Good news Aud! Globe, you are probably dehydrated from not drinking all of your water when you were sick. Keep drinking that water.

Tomorrow we are ordering Chinese food in at lunch to celebrate one of the girl's birthday. As long as I don't eat the sauce or rice, I should have no problem. Of course I am going to have to pass up the delicious birthday cake, but I have to make sacrifices. lol (which I hate to do, and that is part of my problem)

Keep on doing it!

globetrotter74 05-01-2012 08:02 PM

I hope you are right Serenity. I've worked out 2 times today and will continue to work out at least once a day twice if time permits. So I'm amping up my work out routine.. hopefully I will get a whoosh but I'm not going to wait around on it.. I need to get my behind into action. being sick threw me off for almost 1 week..

Great will power for you Serenity... like you said sacrifices LOL but you know there are a few low carb cake mixes that you can order off the internet.. some have been given good reviews.. if you have a sweet tooth.. I'm a savoury person so I like potato chips and such.. I did come across some low carb chips will have to try those later on..of course all of these products aren't induction safe foods LOL this would be more for OWL or those maintaining..

rho1640 05-02-2012 07:34 AM

Hang in during the stucks guys - maybe trying measuring yourselves - even if the scale is stuck you can be losing inches. Or get something that is snug and keep trying it on.

I know I concentrate on numbers too much I'm trying to get other things to judge by also instead of focusing on one thing only. I wish wish wish I could not weigh at all and just do this - I know it works and it would be less stress but I'm not at that point yet.

We can do it - just keep on keepin on everyone :hug: