3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Atkins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/)
-   -   Memorial Day Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins/256536-memorial-day-challenge.html)

aud 05-12-2012 05:25 PM

Hi All - just doing a *drive-by*:carrot: . . . cray-cray week of OT . . . did great during my 16 waking hours, but that 17th semi-awake hour munchies has me at more of a maintaining level of carbs. So yeah, I'm staying steady and maintaining my initial loss, but if I could just pass out I think I'd already be at goal!:dizzy:

Starting strict induction level today . . . Will be back in the Wee Hours to catch up on all the posts - hope everyone is doing great! CYA all late tonight:hug:

rho1640 05-13-2012 09:08 AM

Happy Mothers Day to all it applies to! Enjoy your special day you've earned it - the hardest and best job in the world.

Ok so I'm frustrated - by something that I know exactly what is happening and that it it's stupid but it is still frustrating :o. My weight the past few days has gone up ... I know it isn't real weight gain because my carbs have been below 30 (and those are from veggies) and my calories have been around 1200 a day ... It all because I have been walking more I think and the big reason - my stupid bodys tendency to either go to the bathroom ALL the time or never ... Guess which phase I'm in right now and which I was in when the weight was melting off ... :( :dizzy:

I do know the trends because I do weigh daily - and see what the trends do - but I wish I could just ignore the scale all together and go just by the fit of my clothes alone - it will never ever happen but I envy people who can do that. :^:

So back to drinking a glass of water every hour to be sure I'm hydrated enough - good habit to get into with summer coming anyway..

I've been watching lots of house hunters and house hunters international programs - for people who rent - about what do you pay? It's been ages since I rented and I wonder how the amounts people are paying go along with what is average rentals on these programs ... It seems sooo high when they are willing to pay $2500 to $3000 a month for rentals... Can you tell I'm watching DVR'd programs as I have my coffee :smug:

Serenity100 05-13-2012 11:51 AM

Happy Sunday!

Rho, I have the same issue with the scale. It is definitely connected to eating too much salt and too little water for me. I had the problem last week, but after a week of working through it, things are looking up.

I really like the Portobello Mushroom pizzas. Next time, I am going to cook them even longer so they really really dry up. You have to like mushrooms though to like them, they are very "mushroomy":) I ate one, and Dh had 3:dizzy: We were a pizza every Friday family so giving up our pizza has not been easy. Hopefully, when I get to goal, I can try a slice of whole wheat pizza on Fridays.

Aud, have you tried Pistachio nuts as a snack? You can eat 25 nuts and it is only 80 calories! Plus you have to crack open every one so that takes time. I do much better with pistachios than almonds, peanuts or walnuts.

I'm looking up a grilled shrimp recipe now, that hubby can make me later, plus a salad with fresh mozzarella cheese.

Go to allrecipes dot com and search for marinated grill shrimp and a bunch of delicious sounding carb friendly recipes come up!

ttfn

globetrotter74 05-13-2012 01:06 PM

:lol: @ rho I definitely understand the scale thing and I can't really say much as I weigh everyday myself or almost everyday.. All I can say is that if you are on plan and exercising the number will show up on the scale... continue drinking the water..

ohh Serenity I love mushrooms.. I have to look to making a pizza myself.. I may order one of those low carb ready made pizza crusts LOL..

well everyone keep on going.. we have 2 weeks before memorial day and I'm going to work hard to see how much I can lose before then..

aud 05-13-2012 05:16 PM

Still haven't caught up - still maintaining but just wanted to wish Everyone a:

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!:hug:

lose30 05-14-2012 12:48 PM

I found this website too late for the Memorial Day Challenge but maybe some of us can do a 4th of July challenge starting on Memorial Day.

That would be 5-1/2 weeks long. Long enough to see progress but short enough to not give up!

rho1640 05-14-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lose30 (Post 4332791)
I found this website too late for the Memorial Day Challenge but maybe some of us can do a 4th of July challenge starting on Memorial Day.

That would be 5-1/2 weeks long. Long enough to see progress but short enough to not give up!

Sounds good - we usually start a new one when one ends .. Hmmm what to make my goal..

globetrotter74 05-15-2012 02:56 PM

sounds like a plan lose.. I'm still going to be popping in posting in here even after I've reached my goal.. this fourm has helped me so much..

AnaBee 05-15-2012 04:58 PM

Hi all! I haven't been losing - not keeping the carbs consistently low enough-mostly because I've been making pancakes with psyllium and protein powder (and naughty - banana) and the carbs add up and also I've had the occasional oranage to try and help my cold. Oranages seem to be pretty good, I don't get cravings. I've been focussing on high fat and I'm staying steady so that's been a good lesson to learn. Still struggling with this stupid cold and not enough sleep - so busy with uni work and my prac teaching etc. I cannot wait for semester to end! Weight loss really requires so much focus. I feel like the second I go on strict induction time stops still and I'm waiting waiting for a loss, but it speeds up when I'm not focussed. Hmm. My problem at the moment is not enough hours in the day, maybe I should be super strict so I can feel that dragging time again... :)

Rho, we pay rent by the week here and mine is $325 per week for a really small one bed apartment (no utilities or anything included and we don't have a door man or anything fancy like that). I'd love to buy but Sydney is ranked maybe 4th in the world for unafordability (if that's a word). If I had to rent a flat big enough for a family it'd be $2000 per month as a minimum (and it would just be a larger version of my crummy place). But I think it's nuts when people rent big houses because those are usually a few thousand a week, if you can affort that you're better to cram into a small apartment for a year or so and save up that money for a house deposit (maybe they are rented by people who transfer for work and their employers pick up the bill) I do love those home buying shows though!

lose30, for sure! I think a bunch of us have been together since our new years challenge, that was back in November maybe?

Sheesh, the spelling in my post is appalling. I seem to have invented a new way of spelling "orange".

StephanieM 05-15-2012 06:49 PM

Rho, our rent is 790 a month for a 3 bedroom house. But it's an older place built in the 70's. We live in a cheap city right now, before we lived near Vancouver and our rent was 1350 a month and that was considered cheap. It's one of the most expensive places to live.

Just checking in with you guys :) Husband got home Wednesday a little early so took Sloane so me and my SIL could go to the piercing shop. My SIL ended up getting dermal implants! They implanted the jewlery in her upper cheek, almost looks like a diamond tear drop coming from her eye. I started getting nervous because I know they like you to eat a lot of carbs before a piercing because it makes your blood sugar drop. I ended up having a granola bar and then the piercer made me have a lollipop after as well to make sure there was no fainting. He said 'I don't care if you're on a diet!' haha. He was really funny and nice.

My husband didn't want to go shopping for awhile because he was tired of the travelling and wanted to stay in, then with Mothers Day and everything else it was extremely busy while he was here until he left yesterday morning. I didn't stick to the diet too well, but made sure I didn't go overboard.

I saw a high of 182.6 one day and it made me feel so badly about losing the progress I made, been eating two days clean now and down to 179.4 so it was just water weight. We have about two weeks left so I'm gonna push to make my goal since I was so close :)

minoja75 05-16-2012 07:48 AM

Haven't checked in for a while but need to get back on track... Cheated on Mothers Day as well as the weekend before so weight has gone up 5 pounds...ugh. I have fallen off the exercise wagon for some reason and really need to get back on. Keeping to plan other than the 2 weekends just need the calorie burn to see any results now.

Hope you are all doing well, Memorial day is fast approaching...

rho1640 05-16-2012 09:04 AM

Morning everyone ... Another rainy day - they make me want to sit and read and be totally unmotivated I swear... But hubs leaves tomorrow and I need to get the rest of his clothes ready .. And I want to hit the rec center to walk and I need to figure something for dinner tonight - I'm thinking easy - stuffed hamburger and salad maybe..

Thanks for the info on rents - my area is expensive so I know I can't go by prices here .. I love those House Hunters shows and always wonder if the prices of homes and rentals are considered normal in other areas of the world. As an example some of the houses they look at are huge on there and around 500,000 to 800,000 ---- here my dinky little house is worth $600,000 the houses they show in my area would be multiple millions ... But the rents always seems high - like I said I haven't rented in forever so I was unsure...

I go to my doctor in 2 weeks I want to lose as much as I can before that - and I for sure want to lose the last stinkin little bit (a lb i think) to make it 80 lbs - I will do my blood work next week - will there ever be a time I don't stress about that? I know we will have the statin discussion again ... I don't want to take them and my numbers aren't bad - he just want s them lower than normal because of family history .. And I just started walking daily and I think that will help too ..

Serenity100 05-16-2012 04:08 PM

Rho, that is fantastic that you have lost almost 80 lbs.:bravo:

I'm hanging in there, the scale seems to be cooperating this week, but don't want to jinx myself. I have a wedding this Sat., and I'm planning to drink. I don't even care about the food, as long as I have my drink. lol

So as of last weigh-in, I have lost 7 lbs, which was the minimum goal, I am shooting for 10 lbs.

Eating healthy is a lot of work.:) I always have to run to the store to get more veggies and salad fixings. Then I have to prepare the food (no tv dinners), then have time to take a walk. Geez

Lose30, just join in. Having an attainable goal to shoot for makes losing the lbs so much easier.

globetrotter74 05-16-2012 04:08 PM

Hello to everyone out.. and for those who didn't stay on plan don't worry about it too much and just get back on plan :) I mean we all are human and it happens.. but the key is not to stay too long off plan as that could turn into months off plan and all that hard work you have done will go to waste.

We have 2 weeks left and with TOM around the corner for me I will weigh in on Sunday and see what my weight says and use that as my challenge.. during TOM I always gain water and usually after 5 days after TOM it shows my correct weight..

a question out there to everyone.. is it me or do any of you weight less in the evenings after dinner, lunch etc.. than in the morning on an empty stomach :shrug: I'll weigh myself in the morning and in the evening and always always the eveving weight is lower.. I weigh in the same place and at the same time and in the nude sorry if TMI :D

globetrotter74 05-16-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serenity100 (Post 4335844)
Rho, that is fantastic that you have lost almost 80 lbs.:bravo:

I'm hanging in there, the scale seems to be cooperating this week, but don't want to jinx myself. I have a wedding this Sat., and I'm planning to drink. I don't even care about the food, as long as I have my drink. lol

:lol: don't drink too much or you may end up doing this at the wedding :dance:

congrats on the 7 lb lost and rho 80 lbs is something to celebrate..