3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Atkins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins-226/)
-   -   Memorial Day Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atkins/256536-memorial-day-challenge.html)

Buckle 04-11-2012 10:28 AM

Memorial Day Challenge

I am there with you. I am only on day three of induction and it is not easy for me but I am running a 10k may 25th so being 15 lbs lighter will help tremendously. my start weight is 193 currently 189.4 and long term goal is 130. I will have a short term goal of 178.

aud 04-11-2012 04:13 PM

I can't quite remember the lowest I've ever gotten in recent years on Atkins - but think it was either 221 or 223lbs, so think I'm going to go for 220 - which would be 17lbs by Mem Day - and secretly hoping for a 20lb loss. I'm at 237 this morning, which is great because Monday OffP Easter carb bloat had me up to 244! :o . . . egg salad marathon has done its wonders! lol:dizzy:

My other goal is to continue not beating myself up and maintaining my exercise regimen I've recently gotten into plus MORE H20! I'm sad to report that I continue to live on coffee and cherry crystal lite.:cool:

I'm making these for tonight (I'm nite shift)....chopping the bacon up into the cream cheese/not wrapping and using big serrano peppers:

http://kellythekitchenkop.com/2008/0...er-recipe.html

Also have my low carb choco-protein shake handy to sip for energy (just not hungry til like 10pm:dizzy:)

Hope all the Challengers are rockin' on - and thanks again globe for starting us up!:carrot:

airomatic 04-11-2012 08:26 PM

213.2 today this is the lowest I've been in years. Haven't fully been on plan but still losing. I will credit the metabolism pills. Going to be a busu rest of the week but will check in this weekend. Good luck everybody!

AnaBee 04-11-2012 10:06 PM

Hi everyone. I'm in. Though I had to look up memorial day, lol, we don't celebrate that here.

My goal is 10 pounds. This will be a real challenge for me as I've been struggling for months. I guess I'm with Aud and going to try to stop beating myself up.

aud 04-12-2012 06:23 AM

Hi All and hope your brother is better jansusan? Had a great OP day plus made it to the gym for lower body weights.:carrot: Took some pretty long walks everywhere on the job, so motivated yet again by the Challenge.:)

Hi AnaB!:hug:

Worked over 11 hours tonite so off to bed . . . seeing the Dr. tomorrow so might not make it by here . . . Have a great day day shifters!:D

Serenity100 04-12-2012 08:11 AM

Welcome AnaB! Where are you from? Memorial Day is the unofficial start of summer here in the States and people start having BBQs and wearing shorts and swimsuits. So here it is sort of a milestone in trying to look good. lol

Aud, I agree those Easter eggs are good for the plan. I colored 2 dozen, and I'm the only one in the house that are eating any.:dizzy: But, since I keep on peeking at the scale, and it is slowing inching down, I am happy to eat them.

I got rid of all the cake from Easter without eating any! :carrot: After the fiasco of Christmas and probably gaining ten pounds losing weight after Easter is going to be a huge victory for me. I hope everyone else has the same results.

Keep on doing it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnaBee (Post 4289902)
Hi everyone. I'm in. Though I had to look up memorial day, lol, we don't celebrate that here.

My goal is 10 pounds. This will be a real challenge for me as I've been struggling for months. I guess I'm with Aud and going to try to stop beating myself up.

minoja75 04-12-2012 08:33 AM

23 more pounds to go til memorial day...

globetrotter74 04-12-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckle (Post 4288892)
I am there with you. I am only on day three of induction and it is not easy for me but I am running a 10k may 25th so being 15 lbs lighter will help tremendously. my start weight is 193 currently 189.4 and long term goal is 130. I will have a short term goal of 178.

Wow I'm impressed that you are running a 10k..but induction will get easier believe me.. atkins is great and you will lose weight..hang in there the results are well worth it

globetrotter74 04-12-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minoja75 (Post 4290278)
23 more pounds to go til memorial day...

you can do it minoja :carrot:

globetrotter74 04-12-2012 02:57 PM

Good that you got rid of the cake serenity..

Yes Ana where are you located? Yes memorial day is the when you can't hide the parts you don't want people to see but I must say I've never liked shorts I'm more of a mxi dress gal..

Aud I didn't boil eggs for easter but egss salad sounds good right about now..

aud 04-12-2012 04:37 PM

10k is an awesome goal...I mapped out (www.mapmyrun.com) a 5k from my front porch that I'm doing on days off, primarily on my bike now, cuz my knees are giving me probs at this weight/walking it.

I'm the only one eating the Easter eggs too.:o

Peppers were fab last nite, and like the egg salad, so filling and fulfilling lol.

Just realized by logging in here that I had virtually no plain water yesterday:^: . . . so just drank two big glasses while I read along here. So good to have a place to come thats supportive AND reminds me of the goal I'd already forgotten even tho' it was just made frickin' YESTERDAY for petes sake!:dizzy:

The stop beating myself up goal is the most important I think . . that cycle and style of thinking has got me where I am today here @ age 51, still thinking carb bingeing is some kind of comfort.:( We can do it anaB:hug: & All who suffer from this!

I hope . . . lol!:D

I'm withya doing induction buckle....I'm one of those that feel amazing on induction (well really atkins in general) . . . plan to stick to as close to induction as I can get untill under 200, then I'll reevaluate.

DH made some kind of chicken zucchini dish..looks and smells fab...the other thing I'm doing differently is eating most of my food at the end of the shift or part of it when I get home - right before bed. This flies in the face of what we learn NOT to do, but gotta tellya its working for me, because most of my OffP'ness was happening with late nite munch monster . . . this allowing myself to have a late nite feed...with yummy lc meals has really kept the monster quiet!:carrot:

Down 2 more bloat lbs . . . keep on keeping on All!

minoja75 04-12-2012 09:19 PM

Thanks globe! I am determined to stick to plan...finally seeing some steady results!

jansusan 04-13-2012 03:18 AM

Thank you aud,my brothers` out now and on a long road to recovery.
Fell off the wagon tonight at work... stressed about son and g`baby moving to his own apartment...but I know its the way of life. Cant seemed to keep my mind on this diet,but tomorrows a new day,try try again...lol

jansusan 04-13-2012 03:22 AM

Ive notice though ,that if I dont have my food prepared for work or at home,I tend to grab at whatevers closest.Fast food on the way to work or vending machines at work on break.GOT to get to the store!!!!

Serenity100 04-13-2012 07:37 AM

Yes, preparing and purchasing all the food we need is the hardest part. We just have to learn a "different" way of eating. It is not too bad once we get the hang of it. What really gets me mad is when someone in the house eats my special food and then doesn't tell me. When I go to eat it, its not there.:mad:

The good news is that I added blueberries, strawberries and low carb yogurt into my diet over the weeks and I am still losing! I am able to cut out the cheese. Look for the diabetic Dannon yogurt it comes in those packs of four. 3 carbs per 7 oz. I made myself this huge concoction of sf jello, strawberries, and the yogurt. I was in heaven.:D (But of course you need to add the foods the right way when you start OWL.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jansusan (Post 4291679)
Ive notice though ,that if I dont have my food prepared for work or at home,I tend to grab at whatevers closest.Fast food on the way to work or vending machines at work on break.GOT to get to the store!!!!