Old 04-20-2012, 02:36 PM   #91  
Idaho

Height: 5'7"

AnaBee - I've only been in ketosis for 2 days, but have been sleeping like a rock (but also have 2 little ones that wake me up if they even cough at night...)

Jansusan - I am not the Atkins pro by any means, but I would guess that you will certainly benefit from the multivitamins. AND - if you were craving a banana, maybe your body knew that you needed potassium. I take a calcium and magnesium supplement mainly due to my diet (yes, am aware that calcium does not just exist solely in dairy products )

Rho - feeling any better today?

One quick question - I thought I was doing so well but just checked my diet for % fat, protein, and carbs. I am averaging 35% fat and 57% protein. I have read that Induction is supposed to be 60-70% fat. Any tips to get the fat % up? Besides eating a stick of butter ?
selway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:37 PM   #92  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Steph- hang in there with the baby. try to take a nap when she takes a nap.

Selway- Have you tried eating 1/2 an avocado in your salad to add fat. I also add EVOO to my salad and vegetables. Heavy Cream or HnH for your coffee.

AnaBee I sleep well except I have to get up 2x a night for a darn potty break with all that water I am drinking.

Hope everyone is hanging in there. Keep on doing it.

Last edited by Serenity100; 04-20-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:20 PM   #93  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Hi All - another drive-by . . . still OP and rockin' on

I've had lifelong sleep disorder (night terror) but the lack of sleep stuff I've had really came on, like rho, with menopause not ketosis anaB. Misery, hang in there!

And also hang in there steph - itsa lot, I know firsthand. Not sure if I've ever mentioned how I love your baby's name? Too cute!

I build vans jansusan.

I add a healthy splach of heavy whipping cream to my icy protein shake selway.

ok - cya all in the Wee - have a great OP rest of the day!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:41 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 265/264/165

Height: 5'8

Another quick check in, still struggling with my schedule and food. I seem to be eating only 1-2 times a day because I don't have the time and not always on plan, but at least I'm aware of it. I am determined tomorrow to do some advanced prep for the week so I can at the very least have salad stuff ready and maybe actually start taking them to work and school again. I also am going to make the clouds tomorrow because I seem to be having major sweet cravings, just a guess it's from stress. I also need to pick up some more protein powder because that helps keep me away from cookies and stuff. Other goal is to check in more often here, I seem to stay on track better when I do that and I'm logging my food, otherwise it's easy to ignore what I'm eating.
Selway: you could try unsweetened coconut milk it has 5 grams of fat per 8 oz serving and 1 net carb. I usually use that or coconut/almond milk (which has 3 grams of fat) for my protein shakes and add a bit of half and half to boost the fat content.
airomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:42 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 154.8/126/128

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone..

hang in there Steph.. I don't have any kids so I only can imagine how tired you are.. like Serenith suggested try and sleep when she sleeps..

Aud you have a lifelong sleeping disorder I only can imagine how tired you must be and often have a lack of energy..

Serenity I'm like you as well I get up to go to the bathroom from all the water that I drink as well during the night LOL..

Well I finally got my scale back and it has gone down the inches have went down a lot and also if I can suggest this look at yourself in the mirror naked I see the difference in the way my body looks. I'm very close to my goal and everyone syas thos last pound are the hardest to lose, but I've been working hard with exercising as much as possible and staying on plan..

Hope everyone is doing well..
globetrotter74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:02 AM   #96  

Quote:
Originally Posted by airomatic View Post
Another quick check in, still struggling with my schedule and food. I seem to be eating only 1-2 times a day because I don't have the time and not always on plan, but at least I'm aware of it. I am determined tomorrow to do some advanced prep for the week so I can at the very least have salad stuff ready and maybe actually start taking them to work and school again. I also am going to make the clouds tomorrow because I seem to be having major sweet cravings, just a guess it's from stress. I also need to pick up some more protein powder because that helps keep me away from cookies and stuff. Other goal is to check in more often here, I seem to stay on track better when I do that and I'm logging my food, otherwise it's easy to ignore what I'm eating.
Selway: you could try unsweetened coconut milk it has 5 grams of fat per 8 oz serving and 1 net carb. I usually use that or coconut/almond milk (which has 3 grams of fat) for my protein shakes and add a bit of half and half to boost the fat content.
Hi air it is more diffcult when you are running around to eat on plan. pre-planning your food is a good idea. When I know I'm going to be runnng around I boil hotdogs and take them with me as I like hotdogs and they do filll me up..

I agree this forum helps me a lot as the others encourage me as well. but hang in there we all have our moments and no one is perfect..

Last edited by globetrotter74; 04-21-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:06 PM   #97  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

Feeling better My MIL took Sloane for the night and I got laundry done, vacuumed, did dishes, and even cooked myself a steak with some green beans for dinner It was a delicious dinner! I feel recharged! Had a nice long shower and everything.

181.8 today, back to my lowest weight All six pounds of vacation/break weight gone. Now is when my weight loss will probably slow. Crazy thing is, I'm almost finished my jounal! I only have a few pages left. I need to buy a new one. It's kinda neat to think I filled it all up with measurements, my commitments, everything I eat, my weight in just under 3 months. 15 lbs down in those 3 months, if only I didn't take those breaks it probably would have been 20.

I figure the slower it comes off, the more likely it is to stay off, right?

It's a nice day today MIL is coming over with my daughter soon and we're going to do some grocery shopping. Maybe later I'll take her out in the stroller and go for a walk, it seems to relax her a lot.

Hope everyone is doing well!
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:27 PM   #98  

Congrats on the weight loss and I do agree the slower it takes to come off the slower it will take to put back on.. but we aren't going to put the weight back on

everyone keep up the good work.. you all motivate me..
Old 04-21-2012, 09:31 PM   #99  
Never Giving Up

Hey everyone. I'm checking in late today, had a very busy Sat. WTG to all the losers we have.
I decided to do my weigh in this a.m. just in case I couldn't stay OP with all my running around today but I was able to anyways. 1.5 lbs down from last week.

The best part was when my niece saw me today, the first thing she said was "OMG you lost so much weight, you look great"!

Globe, those last lbs. will come off, just keep on doing it. You are doing great.

Steph, the important thing is that you came back 100% after your little breaks. Others might have fallen off the wagon and never got back on.

Air, hang in there. I agree with Globe. Discover what you like and then make sure you have it on hand. Never allow yourself to go without eating so that you feel ravenous and then will eat a cookie or candy. I buy sugar free jello and sugar free ice pops to eat when I get a craving for sugar, which is very rare now.

Rho- hope you are feeling better and you get some rain out there.

AnaB- hope you get a good night's sleep.

Keep on doing it everyone!
Old 04-21-2012, 10:33 PM   #100  
Idaho

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone, I hope you are having a nice weekend. Thank you for all of the advice on increasing the %fat in my diet. I worked too many hours last week and didn't notice a spreadsheet error - I didn't change the #of calories per gram of fat to 9 - so I actually have plenty of fat. But thank you for the suggestions, I can't wait to try all of them! It feels so weird to be trying to add fat!

Congrats to all of the losers out there - you are all so inspiring! I can't wait to weigh in tomorrow. I wasn't going to until Tuesday (a full 7 days), but am joining a Biggest Loser challenge in one of the other forums and we have to weigh in tomorrow.

Have a nice weekend!
selway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:33 AM   #101  

Congrats on the weight loss Serenity I bet you were doing the carrot dance as well... It does make you feel good when people mention to you how much weight you have lost and how good you look.. and I bet you do look great thanks for the encouragement and I'm going to buckle down and lose these last 11/12 pounds and hopefully by memorial day..

TOM is due Tuesday so I know the scales probably won't move as much until after TOM..

I hope everyone is doing good...

Last edited by globetrotter74; 04-22-2012 at 03:34 AM.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:57 PM   #102  
Never Giving Up

Selway, spreadsheets, I'm impressed. I can barely remember to enter my weight after my WI.

Globe, thanks for the compliment, but I don't look good yet, just not hideous. lol

Keep it up everyone! I am ready to go for the work week ahead. I find that being prepared, helps immensely. I'm a Kindergarten teacher, so as they tell us teachers, "When you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail". Yes. I hear the groans now, but it does help. lol
Old 04-22-2012, 06:18 PM   #103  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

181.6 TOM is due at some point next week so I expect my weight loss to slow a or even stall for awhile.

Glad to hear everyone is doing good!
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:20 AM   #104  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity100 View Post
Selway, spreadsheets, I'm impressed. I can barely remember to enter my weight after my WI.

Globe, thanks for the compliment, but I don't look good yet, just not hideous. lol

Keep it up everyone! I am ready to go for the work week ahead. I find that being prepared, helps immensely. I'm a Kindergarten teacher, so as they tell us teachers, "When you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail". Yes. I hear the groans now, but it does help. lol
LOL @ Steph I bet you are far from hideous and probably look good. We are our worst critic..

I'm an English teacher so I agree 100% with your quote. I'm really gearing up for these last weeks myself and preparing myself. I do have sore throat and cold and plus TOM is due tomorrow so I'm nto even going to go no where near the scale until next week on monday or so.. I know the drill now LOL

everyone is doing good and like I said so encouraging...
Old 04-23-2012, 06:38 AM   #105  

hey guys. I had a set back and I'm restarting induction today. I won't go into detail, but I had to get my head on right before really committing to this. Too many life changes at once (whew). I'm here now and I'm ready to get started again and lose this weight.

I'm really sad that I weigh what I did back in the first of the year. I just keep losing and gaining the same weight (sigh).

I'm going to post a link to something that I think yall will love. Bacon versus Bagel! It's a quick look into how carbs make us gain weight. I thought I could help motivate yall. This will be something I refer back to when I need a little motivation (besides coming here!) : http://blog.massivehealth.com/post/2...making-you-fat

You will need to click on the picture to make it larger!

Last edited by Violet73; 04-23-2012 at 06:38 AM.
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote