Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 09:52 AM   #1  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Default St. Patricks Day Challenge Week 3!!!

Hey everyone. I didn't turn on my computer this weekend at all! I had a horrendous headache all weekend and it is still here a little bit. It is driving me nuts. It seems like a mixture between tension and migraine. I don't feel sick at all tho and not tired either. Not sure what is going on except that my head hurts.

We went bowling. I bowled a couple games, then the noise got to me and my head ached way too much. Emma had fun tho. I did eat some pizza but not that much and I drank a big glass of water. Then I made soup for dinner. So I don't think I did too bad.

Tara, you must be producing well if you are still nursing. With Emma (1st), I had a hard time making enough for her and she was a bad latcher. Kate did awesome and when I weaned her I had a hard time drying up. Oh it hurt. zi had to quit nursing earlier than I would have like with both because pumping at work became too difficult. As for the points... I didn't lose well at all while I was nursing. Once I weaned and went to a normal point level, I did much better. But everyone is different!

Oh I forgot what else I was going to respond to, so I will come back later!
Old 03-01-2004, 10:04 AM   #2  

Hello girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am back from vacation and would like just one more day off...just to catch up on sleep, but I had a great time!!

I am ready to get back to the gym and to eating better!! I did gain a couple pounds in the last 10 days of not working out..so I am at 181...not horrible for as bad as I really was eating!! But I need to get working again!! I found a plan in my cooking light magazine that is for training for a half-marathon. I think I might try to follow that plan, we'll see. Right now I am exhausted and could really use the sleep, but no matter what I will be at the gym, even if it's just for 20 minutes on the treadmill, I have to get back in the swing of things!!

Anyway that's it for now!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-01-2004, 11:14 AM   #3  

Diana- My friend works in the health profession and had to deal with a very horrible case involving a baby and abuse. You read about these things happening, but you just never expect them to happen where you live. Do you have to deal with a lot of things like that as a nurse? My graph is one that is on paper. I put it in my WW binder, at the front, and add to it every time I WI. I could email it to you if you want. (Or anyone else too!) What do you think we could do to help you? Do you want to start journalling here, to help keep us all accountable? I think it is important that you journal, no matter how much off program you go. (Following my own advice, I have to go write down all the carrot cake I ate at my candle party last night... ) Is it harder on you being at home a lot? I know that hurts me. Do you have a reward set for yourself for a mini goal? Could you ask your DH for help? I know it is hard. My 1st WI is tomorrow, and I don't think I will show a loss at all! I ended up about two big pieces of carrot cake over my limit... oops!
Jen- How is the headache? I hope you feel better. Good job, balancing the pizza with soup.
Golfergirl- Nice to see you back! That would be cool, training for a 1/2 marathon. Tell us about your trip!
Phone ringing........
Old 03-01-2004, 12:01 PM   #4  

Hi Tara...the Vacation was a lot of fun...had some issues with 10 of us all being there together, but after the 2nd day we didn't worry about the rest and we did what we wanted. We walked around a lot, Universal Studios (went on rides and got sick but it was still fun), Sea World, Cape Canavral (sp??), Mini-golfing, Outlet Mall Shopping (bought a Coach purse for 40% of the original price), Daytona Race Track...it was all a lot of fun!! Eating was a big issue because it was expensive to eat at these places so mostly we didn't eat during the day and just had a large supper at night...I am ready for the gym!!!

I am going to start journaling a lot more than I have been...not even so much for points but for my own accountability!!! As well as journaling exercise in the same thing so I can see how much I burn and how much I eat. I need to lose this weight and this is the only way I can see what I am doing!!! I need the push to do this!!
Old 03-01-2004, 12:08 PM   #5  

Golfergirl- Its always helpful to walk lots on vacation. I think that saves a lot of us from gaining! Sounds like you had an amazing trip. Who were the 8 other people, friends/family??

My gym membership expired yesterday...I think I am going to try walking every day for awhile. I was finding it hard to get to the gym with a toddler, and she likes going for walks. So that is the plan for now!
Old 03-01-2004, 12:55 PM   #6  

The 8 others were my husband's family. It was fun, but none of us will go on another "family" vacation with everyone until the little sister grows up and doesn't have to have the whole world revolve around her!!! She's still "the Princess"!!

ANYWAY...I had an apple this morning and have a can of chicken noodle soup 4 grams of fat for the can that I am having for lunch. I have celery and grapes that I forgot at home, I am starving!!! That's what I get for not eating well while I was gone...sugary starchy foods make you hungry the next day!! Oh well, it was a needed vacation but I am happy to be back to the diet...as much as I don't like it, I am excited to be in good shape!!!!!!!

Walking is great, I have a feeling I will be doing a lighter routine for the week just to get back in the swing of things!! But I will be exercising and eating well!!
Old 03-01-2004, 04:45 PM   #7  

Golfergirl- How old is the SIL? How old are you? How old is everyone around here? I am 27. I know what you mean about starchy foods making you hungery the next day! I have been just famished today, after my weekend of junkfoods. You ar brave to go on a vacation with your in laws! I would go with BIL and SIL, but I think that is about it! I am sure my DH would say the same about my family!
I am doing quite well for staying OP so far today. I hope I have at least a little loss at WI tomorrow! Otherwise it will be a lot more difficult to stay OP!
Old 03-01-2004, 05:07 PM   #8  

I am 25 (almost 26) and she is 22, she is a newlywed and I realize that she has some growing up to do, BUT she was cut off as far as money when they got married and I am sure she has never had to think about where money comes from...it's almost not her fault because she was so pampered! I was not raised like that at all and neither were her brothers, but she can be a blast and she can be depressing!! I was the matron of honor in her wedding so I really like her a lot, but she just needs to grow up!!! We decided on the 2nd day that it was our vacation too and we just kept to our selves and did what we wanted...then we made it known to the parents that she made the rest of us miserable so they would know. It was fine because they agreed with us. To top it off, my BIL that we really get along with was really crabby the whole time too, we don't know what was up there...

Anyway, I am STARVING!!!! I am wanting to go to the gym, but I forgot my sports bra (which I really need) and I am so hungry that I am shaking...so I think I will skip it for today and make sure I go all weekend. I hate this feeling, I am almost dizzy...and I don't have anything here to eat! I am going home to a salad and a baked potato!! :-) Tomorrow I will be bringing celery and grapes!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-01-2004, 05:09 PM   #9  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Golfergirl, glad to see you back. Sounds like you had a ton of fun. was the weather great, I expect so. How old is "the princess"? hope it didn't put a damper on your vacation. To answer your question Tara, I'm 26. Just a bit younger than you. I'm lucky, I rally like my inlaws. I'd like to spend more time with them than I do, bet you don't hear that too often. I'm bowling with them tonight.
Jen, I'm glad you enjoyed your bowling, and I do hope that your headache goes away, or that it's gone by the time you read this. You need to be able to think clearly, especailly as you're probably at work today.
Tara, you know you'll be down at your WI, don't be silly you ahve been doing a super job!! Did you go for a walk yet today? I'm hoping that where we move to will have great places to walk. Only 4 more days, oh, I should really get packing. I've made a list, that should help. That sounds awful what your friend has come across in her work. I've never seen anything like it. Some weird stuff, but not parents intentionally hurting their children.
I really don't know what to do about myself and my lack of dedication. I jsut have 0 slef control and it sucks. I weighed again this morning and I'm still the same, and that's only by a miracle. Grrrrrrr......what's wrong with me????
How did your candle party go? Were you hosting? Did you get free stuff. Right above my computer I have all these candles that I have boughten at those parties over the years and I never use them. Now I just don't go to them anymore
Well, I should get going.
Diana
Old 03-01-2004, 05:16 PM   #10  

Hey, I am back finally! Tara, I am still 31 (32 in May)

My MIL and FIL keep asking if we want them to come on vacation with us. They did it the last 2 years and asked again this past weekend. When we go on vacation, we are not planners. We just do what we want. And we like to splurge on different things we can't get back home, like restaurants. I have had problems with the in-laws in the past (so has hubby) and know that they would make vacation miserable for us. So we travel alone.

We are having KFC tonight.... YIKES, but I have eaten very light today and no snacking! I always get the breast strips.

My headache has come and gone today. It was really bad around noon time, but has since subsided a little. Hubby thinks it could be my sinuses, but I don't feel stuffy like I usually do when I get a sinus headache. It's a mystery!!!
Old 03-01-2004, 05:30 PM   #11  

Jen- I have been STUFFED UP and tired for the last few days which is probably why I feel shakey and dizzy this afternoon, I need to eat and rest...

I love my MIL...she is so much fun and I would go anywhere with her. The FIL is usually good, he's not as fun, but is usually willing to do anything. The SIL is the problem...they showed up to vacation with NO MONEY...their plan was to lay by the pool all day every day... O.k. not what anyone else wanted to do...But whatever...we did what we wanted and we had a great vacation.
Old 03-01-2004, 07:15 PM   #12  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Oh my goodness. You guys are all about the ages of my youngest daughter. I am 62 years old and retired from teaching last June. I am loving retirement and I also love reading your posts. It doesn't seem all that long ago that I was having fun with my babies and now they've got grandchildren. Hope you don't mind that I tag along on these challenges because although I lose slowly, I am losing and I know the challenges with month or 6week intervals help a lot.

Having a great week. Made my 27 year old daughter's birthday dinner. She let me know what she wanted and I was happy to oblige. Also had a sliver of birthday cake and counted it all in. Week has been good as far as food and exercise. I've already used quite a few flexpoints but it looks like I'm losing anyway. My official WI is Wed. and I'll let you know how I do. I hope to hit my 10% difference weight that day.

Good luck to all of us.
Love,
Judy
234/211.2/thinner
Old 03-02-2004, 12:40 AM   #13  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Judy, you will get that 10% award on Wednesday for sure!! Way to go with that. That will have made such a difference for your health. And that's great that you had just a bit of cake, you have learned to take a small peice instead of the big piece that one would really like to take. You're a bit younger than my Mom, and I'm encouraging her to try to lose weight again. She's joined TOPS and I'm really happy for her.
Jen, how'd you do with the KFC, I looked it up and you can eat KFC and stay within your points if you choose correctly.
Golfergirl, going on vacation with no money, hmmm...interesting. I'd be one of those that just wants to lie in the sun, but I'd bring money with me though
Have a great day tomorrow,
Diana
Old 03-02-2004, 09:00 AM   #14  

Hey all. I woke up with no hedache, but now it is a teeny weeny little one. I ate KFC, and maybe a little more than I should, but that is over and time to move on. I am eating light again today to make up for that!!!

I don't have a lot to say right now, so I will come back later. I am hoping to make it to the gym at lunch today!
Old 03-02-2004, 09:50 AM   #15  

Hey girls... well, it's a new day. Last night was good, I didn't work out which was fine because I fell asleep early last night because I was so tired. I balanced my check book and it took almost 2 hours because I couldn't find where I was off.... but I got it and it's balanced!!

I had a baked potato and hald a deli sandwich (lean meat and a tiny bit of cheese) I was still starving (probably because of eating so much when I was on vacation I grew my stomach) but I had some grapes and went to bed early. So it was a great night.

Today I brought ALL my workout stuff so I have no excuse not to go...I am ready to get back to running. I have a sandwich, celery and grapes to snack on all day as well as my apple for breakfast... So, I shouldn't be so hungry today. I am going tonight to get a journal for eating and exercising. Yeah!! It's a great day!!!!!!
Closed Thread