Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 08:50 PM   #1  

Thumbs down Here I go again

Hi everyone here I am back again! This is like my ump teenth time back on WW and could really use a buddy to help me through this. I am on my first week!

This time I am more comitted then ever before I know that this time I am going to stay in the game and lose this weight forever.

I am a 35 year old and need to lose 40 lbs or maybe a bit more not sure yet till I get to that point and see where to go from there. I am married to the most wonderful man on earth and we have 16 year old son.

Anyone interested in being my buddy I have lots of determination and spunk!!!

Michelle
Old 10-09-2003, 09:21 PM   #2  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hi Michelle

Now is a good time to be back with all that determination. Maybe a little can rub off on me. I am 34 and am trying to start with losing just 1 pound, but in the long term need to lose 50 or 60.

If you want more than just one buddy, I also post on jolly's motivation and challenge and also on Accountable Sabatours where we post our goals and win points for achieving our goals and make rewards for ourselves.

Look foreward to chatting with you either here or there.

Kathy
Old 10-10-2003, 12:20 PM   #3  

Default Hello

Hi Kathy! You are looking at it from a good point of view 1 lb at a time that is a good idea!

I will have to check out those other threads are they in the buddy up forum?

This time around I just feel much better about myself and much more motivated so I know I can do this, this time!!!!

Michelle
Old 10-10-2003, 02:01 PM   #4  
Not Giving Up

Hi Michelle,

Yes those are in the buddy up forum.

Are you on the weight watchers diet? I have the cookbook from 20 years ago and was thinking I should go through it and maybe try a little from it.

Thats great being so motivated. Thats what I need. But instead I think I get depressed and down on myself. What is your secret?

Look foreward to hearing from you.

Kathy
Old 10-11-2003, 05:56 PM   #5  

Default Saturday evening!

Hi Kathy! Well I haven't had time to look for those threads but I will get there eventually.

Yes I am on WW I am doing the online one, I don't have time for the meetings and I like being able to access the online journal and the recipe builder.

I have several WW cookbooks but I think I use more of the JoAnna Lund recipes because my family seems to like those recipes more then the WW ones.

My motivation and determination------------->There isn't much I can control in my life and what goes into my mouth is the ONE constant that I can control and by gosh I am going to do it!!!!!!

I have been OP for 6 days now and am quite proud of myself tomorrow is WI for me so we shall see what I have accomplished with my new outlook on life.

Hope to talk to you soon going to look for those threads.

Michelle
Old 10-12-2003, 12:17 PM   #6  
Not Giving Up

Hi Michelle,

I didn't know that you could do ww on line. That would't be so bad because then you could fit everything into your schedule instead of trying to fit your schedule around it. But then maybe that is what makes people so successful at it is that it is a priority as they rearrange everything to do it.

Thats great that you look at your success as you do by being in control of what you put in your mouth. I have no control and what is so messed up for me is half the time I don't even realize that I am standing here putting things in my mouth. For example, I give the baby a cookie and I have one to but I don't taste it, I don't want it, I am just eating it and think to myself How did I end up putting it in?

When I can figure that out, maybe I will have some secret answer.

Enjoy your Sunday,
Kathy
Old 10-12-2003, 09:53 PM   #7  

Default Sunday evening

Hi Kathy!

Hope you had an enjoyable weekend! Can't believe it is over already. I really hate getting up in the morning to get my son off to school, wish I could just get up when ever I wanted to........LOL!!!

Anyway today was my 1st WI and I lost 5 lbs this week. I am so happy can't wait to get to the 2nd WI. Of course now I have to add some exercise into my life..........hahahaha that is going to be a good one.

How old is your baby? And you know I know what you mean when my son was smaller I would give him something and not think about and take one for myself and not even want it.

I think you just have to start taking a look at what and why you are eating. Was I hungry? Was it just a impulse? Was it just a habit?

Well I better get myself to bed here soon it is getting to be 10 and I need my beauty sleep.......LOL!!!

Talk to you soon!
Michelle
Old 10-13-2003, 04:47 PM   #8  
It is what it is...

Hi Girls - read your story about starting WW for the umpteenth time and knew that I would fit right in...I started WW again today and am looking forward to sticking with it this time. I do the points system ( the last one not the one with the new flex points )
and I do fairly well with that, last time I stayed on for quite a while and lost about 20 some pounds so I know it works, if I just do it!!
My first many goal is to just stay OP all this week...my downfall seems to be that one day that I give myself free reign ( sp? ) to eat whatever I want and then it ends up being two days, then three and before you know it I am gaining and losing the same 2-3 pounds....oh well I know we have all been there....one day at a time I figure....
Catch ya later.... stay strong
Old 10-13-2003, 07:53 PM   #9  

Default Hi Kari

Hi Kari welcome aboard!!!

I am still getting used to the Flexipoints...I liked the other way better but since I do it online I don't have much of a choice. And if I try to do it on my own without the online for some reason I just can't stay with the program!

Ok you can do it...first goal stay OP all week !!! If you want to we can post our journals here to each other just to make us liable to someone other then ourself. Maybe that will give you an extra incentive to stay OP! Today is day #8 for me and I am feeling pretty good about myself!

Allowing myself to eat what a want NOT a good thing for me at all!! However we did go to Outback Steakhouse on Friday night and I did really good and was really amazed at how well I did. Get focused and motivated just keep telling yourself do I need this to survive or is it just a simple pleasure?

I am really motivated this time so maybe we can help keep each other in check and kick each other in the butt when we need it.

Sorry this was so long anyway!

Michelle
Old 10-14-2003, 01:37 AM   #10  
Not Giving Up

Hello Michelle and Carri,

It was Thanksgiving weekend for us here and I have to say it is one of my favorite holidays. (Actually they are all my favorite). But Thanksgiving is one of my favorite because that is the day my youngest was born last year. So it is interesting for us as we have a 14 yr old daughter, a 12 year old son and a 1 year old little guy.
We did not do a Thanksgiving feast this year because I did not feel like stuffing myself this year. So I did pretty well this weekend.
I'm hoping this week to make sure I eat breakfast every morning and drink water. I'm having a hard time with motivation lately so go ahead and kick my butt.
Have a good evening.
Kathy
Old 10-14-2003, 10:49 AM   #11  
It is what it is...

Michelle - that sounds good...we can post what we ate and the points for each ( it might give the other a new food idea ) that way we can keep in check...how many points can you have right now? I am in the 24-29 range, so I try to keep at about 27 or so.

Kathy - Great job on not pigging out at Thanksgiving, when you said it was Thanksgiving I was like "what????" but then noticed that you are in Canada and you celebrate it now...I love all the Thanksgiving food and if I can stay OP till that time then I am going to give myself permission to pig out, JUST for that day anyway....

Okay so for breakfast I had:

Granola Bar - Cinnamon and Sugar - 2 points
Water - 0 points

Check in later,
Carri
Old 10-14-2003, 01:53 PM   #12  

Default Afternoon

Good afternoon Kathy & Cari!

Well kind of a rough day here so far, I didn't go bed till 3 this morning got up at 630 to get my 16 yo out the door for school then went back to bed till 1130. So my day has just begun!!! LOL

Cari I am doing the Flexpoints so I can eat 24 points a day plus my activity points. So far I have been OP for 8 days today is my 9th and yesterday was the 1st day I ate an activity points or any of my 35 flex points.

Kathy happy belated Thanksgiving!!!!!! Glad to hear you didn't stuff yourself!!! That is cool that you have older ones to help take care of your little one!!!!!!! We wanted another one we tried but I can't have any more! So I will spoil all my great neices and nephews we had alot of them born this year.

Ok Cari I didn't get any breakfast since I slept so late today but here is what I have had so far today!

2 Ballpark Fat Free Hot Dogs 2 pts (they are awful tasting)
2 reduced calorie hot dog buns 2 pts
15 FF pringle chps 1 pt
1 can diet sprite 0 pts

Not doing to good today need to get some fruit in me!!!

Michelle
Old 10-14-2003, 02:21 PM   #13  
It is what it is...

Dont feel bad Michelle, if I didnt have to work I would be in bed right now...it is a gloomy dark, cold, and rainy day here in Indiana and I could soooooooooo be sleeping right now.....

Ya know I cant eat anything FF, because the flavor is just too bad...I read somewhere that you should just eat the "light" version of things rather than the FF, because of the taste and because of the added things they put in to make it even taste somewhat like food, ha!

So far lunch I had:

Homemade chicken salad - 4.5 pts
2 slices wheat bread - 2 pts
Pineapple - 1 pt
Water - 0

So I am at 10.5 pts so far for the day, turns out the granola bar this morning was 3 pts...what do you eat for breakfast? I need good low pt breakfast ideas...alot of people have suggested oatmeal but I am not a big fan....

Kathy - Hello, where are ya?
Old 10-14-2003, 06:58 PM   #14  

Default Evening

Hi Carri and Kathy where are you today?

Carri that is funny I normally eat oatmeal in the morning it fills me up!!!! On weekends sometimes I eat an eat and reduced calorie toast and center cut bacon but not alot the center cut bacon is like $5 a pack.

Homemade chicken salad how did you make it? I am going to assume you didn't use FF mayo since you don't like the FF stuff. The FF mayo is a big turn down for me I won't even touch it!!!!

I did good today but not going to hit the 24 points only hitting 20 but I think I will ok with that cuz on the old plan I was in the 22-25 range I think!

I am going to start working here in the next few weeks just temporary for holiday money at Walmart.

I did get on the ellicptal (sp) trainer today and did a mile in 10 minutes so that was something...working my way up on it.

Here is my whole day for my journal:

Breakfast NONE (sleeping.......lol)

Lunch
2 ff hot dogs 2 pts
2 reduced calorie buns 2 pts
15 ff chips 1 pt

Dinner
Sombrero Pie 5 pts
Salad w/ff croutons & light dressing 4 pts

Snack
Apple Wontons 4 pts
1/2 cup light ice cream 2 pts

Can't wait to try the wontons they are off the WW page it was the recipe of the day and really easy to make.

Well off to watch some TV with the family have a good night!!!!

Michelle
Old 10-15-2003, 07:23 AM   #15  
Not Giving Up

Good morning ladies?

I have not tried the point system with weight watchers so how exactly does it work? Is it as bad if you don't get all your points as well as if you go over your points?

I have a couple very old ww programs that I have been trying. One is the fruit and fibre system where you have to eat so much of each and the other is the quick start program. I am not doing so bad since I have started back to work, but I can't seem to find any time to drink the water I am suppose to drink. Any suggestions?
Well I am off to go make some breakfast for everyone.
Kathy.
Closed Thread