Old 04-01-2009, 06:52 AM   #1  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Default April Calorie Counters' Chat

Happy April everyone. Post here. And no jokes.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:29 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

my april started out with a joke on me. My alarm went off at 5 am and i hit snooze..next thing i knew it was 6;03 and my 1st kid gets here at 6. I grabbed my robe and ran downstairs just in time to open the door for them. So my day started off rough but I refuse to let it ruin my day.
THis is a new month and time to get in shape to look awesome in summer clothing.
retire- GREAT TO SEE YOU!! IM sorry about your fil. Happy about your grandson. Being a grandparent is awesome!!!I can hardly believe my grandaughter is almost 6 months old!! I hope you enjoy your visit on Easter...i know i am looking forward to seeing my little angel!!
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:43 AM   #3  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Nothing new, just going to choir practice this afternoon and food shopping this morning.

RETIREThanks for the new chat thread. I can't believe is April why is the time rushing by so fast.

DGRAMMIE-That was a joke on you this morning. I got up early also 6;15 but mother nature called ,so I had to get up. I know the children seem to being getting older as we speak my are all in school.The last one is in kindergarten.

Hope you all have a good morning, will come back later in the day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:33 AM   #4  
Im changing my life!

S/C/G: 209/159/155(for now)

Happy April everyone!!

Retire - WB & Im very sorry to hear about your FIL. I hope your husband is doing well with it. When my FIL passed, my husband took it very hard, and it took awhile for him to calm down. Your grandson sounds adorable! My mom says being a Grandma is awesome, its like being a Mom with only the good moments LOL! Im sure you'll get back on track VERY soon!

Dgramie - Wow, that does sound harsh, but at least your internal clock had you up right when you needed to be, so all is well!

Beach - Thanks for the congrats!

Nicki - Thank you for the congrats as well! I hated every time I grew too small for something because Im cheap when it comes to myself. Ive been re-selling alot of items on Ebay, and saving the money for new items in my new size!

So, things are good here! I lost 1lb. yesterday, which put me at 171, and I havent W-I today yet. I hope to see 170 even and say goodbye to them forever VERY soon!

I went shopping with my best friend last night for the first time since losing the weight. It was very emotional for me. I must have cried about 3 times. I fit into size 10/11 jeans (formerly a 15/16) I bought mostly size M shirts, one was a L (formerly an XXL) and then when it came time to get a pair of spring capris, I started with a size 12, too big, went to a size 1o, too big! I finally went to an 8 and, it fit. I bought a size 8 capris! I am in total and utter shock, and aside from my best friend dancing around for me, I was crying. I did it! I fit into, and actually BELOW my goal size for the first time. I am still amazed!
Vegaspunkermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:44 PM   #5  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Well, I was up early today, too. My DS started his new job today and I wanted to make sure he had his lunch. Ha, ha. I'll always be his mommy. He's the one getting married this summer.

Thanks for the kind words about my FIL. Everyone is getting back to normal pretty well. He had been sick for almost 7 long weeks--just hanging on and lingering so his death was kind of a relief for him and us.

I think everyone loses weight in April. With new life coming up all around us there's a kind of energy that just makes me work harder. And the warmer temperatures lure everyone outside and most people get moving after a long winter.

We got new pictures of Baby last night and he's more adorable than ever. OK, just one brag per post.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'9

Nothing new here for April I am really gonna try to get in four workouts a week!
Tonight I have to do study tables for my house for two hours but I am going to bring my workout clothes hit up the gym, then come back to the dorms and doo about three weeks of laundry, including spring break laudry that is still in its luggage EW. Well good luck this month ladies hopefully we will all be BIG LOSERS hehe
CollegeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 201/175/135

Height: 5'6

Hi Everyone! This is my first time posting on the Monthly chat. I'm new to Calorie counting. Only 11 days in and I'm kicking a**! I'm working out almost everyday! I did my 30 Day Shred this morning and I'm working late tonight so that will have to do for today's workout. Have to call the DH later to have him through my fish in the oven to be ready for me when I come home. YUM! Maybe I'll take the dog on a long walk. Hmmmmm...

Let's all keep up the fabulouso work we're doing!!

Kate
sassypants01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:07 AM   #8  
BOOM!

S/C/G: 176.6/130/130

Height: 5'2"

OH NO!!! ANOTHER MONTH!!!

I need to remember to pay bills this week. *sigh*

I am letting dinner digest then it's workout time for me. My TOM is coming in about a week so I am kind of afraid to weight myself due to PMS and TOM bloaties. I do not care for the bloaties, they mess me up for a week and a half a month and confuse me. BAD BLOATIES!!!

I'm going to try and be good though. Must be good. Need to get more penguins for my army!
prinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:57 AM   #9  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

I'm kind of new to the area too, though I've posted in (and crashed) a few of the other forums before.

Seems like I've been counting calories most of my life, but never fully appreciated the frustration and rewards until I decided that I must lose weight (my 30th is coming up, I have a trip to the US to visit family for Christmas 2010, and I want to look good when I test for my black belt in karate in about a year).

Today was a cracker of a day, so I took the dog for a walk... and hour and a half later, we were both back home, tired as, but truly happy we went. I'm supposed to be studying Roman history tonight, so I need to get a move-on!

DH is in Melbourne Australia for the week, so I've been trying to cook for myself. I cook awesome when it's the two of us, but I can't be bothered when it's just me. Last night's "plate o vegetables" was a culinary disater. I used a sweet thai chili stir-through and added another half a chili and some garlic. Could barely eat the stuff! Tonight, it's another homemade caesar salad (only 2tbsp of dressing with HEAPS of salad, a little chicken and parmasan cheese).

Prinny- it's my TOM too. I've never had PMS while it was actually happening-- only before. But I've got new BC too. I feel like crawling into a cave and crying.

Sassypants: glad to hear that you're kickin' arse and takin' names. Great attitude towards it!

Vegaspunkermom: congrats on getting into an 8. Must feel pretty bloody amazing... I was by myself and started crying in the dressing room when I got to a 16 last month. I need to take my friends shopping more often, but they hate shopping as much as I do.

Retire: it's cold down here. I'm in New Zealand, so we're heading into winter. My fingers and toes are numb all the time (bad circulation-- I blame it on my mother!)

Tomorrow's going to be another beautiful day. Perfect for hanging the laundry out to dry.
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:51 AM   #10  
Boarding the skinny train

S/C/G: 187/165/125

Height: 5'1"

Sassy, I'm with you on the new front. Thanks for letting us newbies jump in on the fun over here.
Well, a quick update on me, I officially started on 3/25 and have since lost almost 3 lbs. I'm so excited. I will admit, it's hard sometimes because I see my family and friends eating whatever the heck they want and I wish I could too.
Amazingly enough I've still been able to eat out at places like Jack in the Box (love their South West Salad), Subway and sushi and still keep at or below my range.
Is it me, or do any of you feel more comfortable with eating out b/c of the portion control/nutrition information/etc. I'm so afraid to really start cooking on my own because I'm afraid that I won't be counting as accurately.
Anywho, seems like everyone is doing pretty good so far. Here's to the best April yet!
nomoremcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:32 AM   #11  

Good Morning!
Calories were great yesterday. Exercise was also!! I even took my measurements and didnt get upset that my hips have increased a bit since jan. I know they will go back down now that im exercising.
hugs
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:36 AM   #12  
Starting OVER!

S/C/G: see ticker

Good Morning ladies!

I am a very happy girl today! Only 6 more lbs until Onederland! I am beside myself with happiness! This is officially the smallest I have been in 11 years ... and Also this week we are moving into our first new home .. Big BIG week for me ! Hope everyone is doing good
blackbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:32 AM   #13  

Vegas ~ WoW girl, you gave me goose bumps. I'm so happy for you. That must have been an AMAZING feeling. I will have to keep that in mind as I have a very good friend that I don't get together with often enough, maybe when I hit my goal weight, I will plan a day for just her and I to go to the outlet malls! I know she would be thrilled, she is my biggest supporter!

Retired ~ I hope your right about everyone losing in April, it makes me look forward to Spring all the more! I'm taking a vacation from work next week and plan to get out in the yard and do some work, hopefully that will show up for me nicely on the scales!

Sassy ~ I'm new to calorie counting also! I might have to pick up that 30 day shred and try it, although I have to admit Bob is my fav trainer of the two. I just LOVE Bob.

Blackbutterfly ~ I just recently got down under 200, and let me tell you, it is an AWESOME feeling! I'm really excited for you! Keep up the good work!

As for me, I hope today will be a better day, I let yesterday get to me. Mainly DH, he was being a real butt head and wanted to go out to eat. I was going to make a new diet recipe, and he had no interest whatsoever. He did go to the park with me and we walked, but then I caved and let him have his way and went to dinner afterwards. It's so hard sometimes, when you don't have the support, but he promised he is going to be better so we will see. I'm just looking forward to my vacation next week. I plan on sleeping in every day, getting out the in yard to do some work, going to the park and walking at my leisure, knitting, knitting and knitting, hmmm and well anything else my little heart desires. I might even take a nap in the middle of the afternoon one day <GASP>!

Have a great day ladies!
auer~j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:49 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 201/175/135

I know this is silly but could someone tell me how and where to attach my ticker. I don't know how to do it?

Thanks
sassypants01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:33 AM   #15  
Busy Mommy

S/C/G: 218/181.5/130

dgramie Way to not get down!!!

vegas What a wonderful day for you!

retire Sorry about the FIL but glad your family is getting back to normal. That is so cute about your DS lol

sassy Welcome to the board. Keep up the fantastic work! As for your ticker, you have to wait 20 posts AND 20 days after you join. In your User CP there will have a link show up for your ticker after that time.

mollz Welcome as well!!!!!

butterfly ONEderland is waiting for you girl!

auer I'm sure he'll come around and be the supportive guy you need. If he doesn't you will always have us!

Doing good so far. Stayed OP yesterday and squeezed weights in between shifts. After work I tanned and went home. Laid DD down and then did 30DS. Then I showered and studied. Got about an hour and a half in of studying. So yeah me!

Did get a good joke played on me yesterday. My friend called me and "read" me an article she found online saying that they were replacing Robert Pattinson as Edward in New Moon by Zac Effron due to creative differences. I was SO mad. I was like "I'm not going to see it if they replace him!" LOL. My BF said you realize it's april fools day. I was like crap! LOL. Good one!
nicki rose98 is offline   Reply With Quote