Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 09:30 AM   #46  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Harry and The Girls have a perfect life! They get fed, clothed, petted - what more could a pet want!

I'm dying to get gardening - and to get to Ottawa for shrimp toast! A few health concerns lately, dammit, but I shall rise above them! By the way, could you send me your email addy? I keep losing it for some reason! Must be creeping oldfartism!
Old 04-08-2004, 10:21 AM   #47  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

SeekInnerThinChick - Awesome pictures! I love my Cannon Powershot! Much better then the old Kodak I had.

Catgirl - I just started WATP. I really like it so far. I got the 3 video pack that came with the stretchy band thing.

Goddess Jessica - Sorry your trip was so "eventful".
As for my tattoo - Were you planning on getting it? Did it just happen? I wanted one for years, just never got off my butt to do it. How did you pick the design? I have always liked yin yang. Then I wanted something around the outside and just started searching. I found the outside ring in a henna book I have. I liked it and thought it would look good with a yin yang in the middle.

Hannah - Would you like to come clean my apartment next? Congrats on your purging!

Noodles - How are you feeling?? Get some rest before you go.

Ruth - Welcome Back chicky!!!

Mauvais - How is work? Hopefully the boss hasn't been too bad.

Ellis - How is the personal trainer thing going?

Hello to everyone else!

I am doing ok. My tattoo is healing nicely. As for work - I am trying to figure out what I can do and still have it considered justifiable homicide. Plus while I am not proud of it, I have a nasty mean streak and there is one guy around here (not my boss) who has hit that nerve. After asking my advice, then totally disregarding it because he didn't like my answer - there are issues. My boss asked if I was going to look into it and I said no. He didn't listen, he can clean up his own damn mess. I also wish I can do my job without all the political BS.
But my nephew did come over to play yesterday. We colored Easter eggs, then took a nap. My kind of night.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 04-08-2004, 10:49 AM   #48  
Rattie Lover

Well...I was going on vacation but...

I started to feel icky at the bowling alley....Back pain...shakes...ugh. Hubby was looking at me funny. He knew without me saying anything. Funny how they know that somehow. I bowled crappy that 1st game!! I probably should of stopped but bowling/stretching made me feel a bit better. I guess I am just not suppose to travel right now. **sigh** I'd hate to be on the road and have a real bad attack in the middle of no where..keeled over on the side of the road. So I guess I am staying home. I'll go after I have eye surgery and am all healed up. By then I should drop another 10 pounds too.

Now maybe I can drag hubby to see The Passion. Been wanting to see it and...this is as good a weekend as any!!

Have a good morning all...Going back in the bed!! ZzzzzzzZZZzzz...
Old 04-09-2004, 10:32 AM   #49  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

Noodles, Hope you feel better. know you wanted to go on vacation.
I am toughing out the flu thing today and trying to study. just wanted to check in with everyone and say have a good day.
Old 04-09-2004, 01:19 PM   #50  

Hey all! I am so glad it's Friday!!!! Wednesday, while I was teaching, I came down with a massive headache. I'm not sure if it was stress, underhydration, an allergic reaction or a combination of all those. I was just completely decomissioned. I spent Wednesday evening in my bedroom with the lights and tv off and the door closed so that my cats wouldn't jump on me. Then yesterday I was able to function on a basic level, but I was really out of it. I'm feeling much better today though. I'm able to read and type, so I should be able to get some work done. It doesn't help my stress level any to have missed out on two days of working time though.

Squeak: My bedroom and closet are still official disaster areas, so maybe after I'm done with those.
Old 04-09-2004, 06:04 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Need to vent a little or just express deep saddness to keep from eating the house. We found out my 13 year old collie had renal failure a month ago today, well we decided to treat her and try to make her comfortable till the inevitable came..... well she quit eating on Monday, vet sent some antibiotics home by DH (they are friends) well that was Wednesday and I was not able to get her in to see the vet til this AM after working off my 7P to 7A shift. I got home from work at 8AM to DD to school came home and basically carried my dog to the car, got to the vet and had to carry her in she wasn't able to stand up after the car ride. Well they did blood work while I was there and well to make a long story short kidney failure had advanced to levels that could not be treated without dialysis.. they do not offer kidney dialysis anywhere around here and I couldn't imagine the cost but it was not even an option. So basically I had to have my dog put to sleep today. I had come to the resolution that it was going to happen but it has not been a easy day. I am very, very sad, she was a very sweet dog and a loyal dog. She originally belong to my grandparents and when they were not able to care for her anymore they asked me to take her we have had her since she was about 6- I don't know what to tell my granddad... it was his dog. Gosh I want some chocolate.

Amy
Old 04-09-2004, 06:49 PM   #52  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Aww..Amyjo... sorry to hear about your beloved dog. It sounds like she had a good long happy life between your grandparents and you.
Old 04-09-2004, 06:59 PM   #53  
fairy princess

Amy...
losing a pet is always hard. But you did what you could. Like Mauvais said-- I think she had a good, long happy life with you.
Old 04-09-2004, 06:59 PM   #54  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Amy... my condolences on your sweet collie dog. I'm sure she knew she was sick... and that she was glad you were there to help her through it. It sounds to me too like she was very loved.

Hope you feel her dog spirit come and visit you soon...
Old 04-09-2004, 09:04 PM   #55  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Amy

I am so so sorry. Losing a dog is very hard. Take some time to heal.
Jessica
Old 04-09-2004, 09:13 PM   #56  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, Amy... I'm so sorry, sweetie. It's okay to have a little chocolate. Sending you lots of hugs...
Old 04-10-2004, 09:04 AM   #57  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

Amyjo, I hope you feel better. and all i can say has already been said. but if you want some then have a little and think of the good long 13 years she had.
Old 04-10-2004, 10:40 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Thanks for the sweet thoughts. It is going to be hard to put her stuff away but it is going to have to be done because seeing it and not her is rough. I stayed away from the chocolate. DD and DS went to MIL for last night and today - I am just glad I have the weekend off. If I had to of dealt with sick kids and miscarriages this weekend I would probably snap!
Old 04-10-2004, 03:50 PM   #59  

Amyjo, I just wanted to say that I am sorry for the loss of your pet. Feel what you feel and let yourself grieve. Thirteen years is a long time to have a faithful companion like your collie. You and she were lucky to have had each other. I believe we will see our pets in heaven. I hope my "Mama Cat" that I had for 14 years runs over and give your collie a big welcome. Hang in there, the ones we love are never lost they just change forms. Thinking of you at this time. Irish
Old 04-10-2004, 04:12 PM   #60  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

For Amyjo......................

All things of the heaven, the air, and the earth- hear me!
A new Life has come among you.
Make its path smooth.
Then it shall travel beyond the four hills.

-From the Omaha Indians....anouncing to the powers a new traveller so that they may protect him.-

I am feeling so sad for you. Hang in there!
Closed Thread