Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 10:38 PM   #106  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Mauvais-YUP!! IF he ever makes it out of school!!!

My hubby is the same too!! He has stuffed animals (a dragon, tons of eeyores, the Brain, and Towlie) and all kinds of other fun junk. Including a "soup of the day" sign for which he has made up his own soups... (toenail, corundum bisque, linoleum...)
Old 02-06-2004, 11:58 PM   #107  
Rattie Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by blugirrl1
Noodles, yes let's see. I went to the link you had posted about the special needs rats, and about cried. It has been years since i have had a pet rat and if i wasn't so sure my cat wouldn't have a fit i would love to adopt one myself!!
i love your pics of the ratties, the one of all them in the tub is so cute.

Well...since you asked..Here ya go!! LOLOL!! Actrually, here is a link to their pictures and a little story with each pic. That way I dont clog the thread here with Pics. But I will post a couple of the cute ones for those of ya that don't want to click on the link.

Click on THIS Link here to see the sweeties!!

http://www.ratpalace.com/index.php?n...ewtopic&t=8149
Old 02-07-2004, 12:01 AM   #108  
Rattie Lover

And here are my two new handicapped snugglerats!!! Roo is missing 1 front leg completely, and his other front leg is disfigured. He hops around like a KangaRoo! Harry is missing most of his tail and he has a stub for a back leg and is missing some fingers here and there. But he doesn't know that...So I'm not going to tell him.

Old 02-07-2004, 12:04 AM   #109  
Rattie Lover

Prince Harry Getting His Kissy Kiss Lovin Loves...

Old 02-07-2004, 12:05 AM   #110  
Rattie Lover

Prince Roo getting a kiss from Momma...Awwww...

(Now don't worry. They are very clean animals and I just cleaned them more before I gave them lovins'. Ya Ya..Noodles is nuts...about her Rats!! )

Old 02-07-2004, 03:41 AM   #111  

i see that the newer gals are definately in the right forum. oh yeah. it's good to be home.

:spins:
Old 02-07-2004, 08:55 AM   #112  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

noodles :
they are absolultely adorable.. and you look/sound so happy to hav them in your life. i am glad for you.
Old 02-07-2004, 11:26 AM   #113  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

What cuties!!! Okay, now I want to go out and get some more cats. (What can I say? Meggie wouldn't tolerate anything smaller than herself that moves quickly, so I CAN'T get rats!!)
Old 02-08-2004, 03:24 AM   #114  
Rattie Lover

Sure ya can. I got a cat and he KNOWS the rats will bite his paws if he gets NEAR that cage so he doesnt even bother them. Rats are very territorial of their cages and humans. If they feel threatened or feel like you are getting threatened, they will defend their turf and protect their human. They are alot like dogs...just smaller.

I use to think they were the dirtiest, disgustingist, yecky animal that ever lived. Boy was I wrong...that'll teach ME to ever judge something like that ever again. I will now never ever not have rats as pets. These little critters have shown me so much love and loyalty in the short time I have had them than most humans have that I have known for years. Ask any true pet rat owner and they'll aslo tell you they simply cannot live without having pet rats...That's why they never are without rats for very long. It's hard to really explain it fully unless you have some pet rats. Sounds crazy but its the only way I can explain it so far and make sense. They kick hamsters & gerbils butts anyday.

I'll hush now. I could go on and on and on and on and.... LOLOL!!
Old 02-08-2004, 11:13 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Noodles...those special needs rats are absolutely the sweetest things I have ever seen...sweet little babies.
I have two cats...but rather than getting them from a pet store or getting some kind of fancy breed like a Siamese or Persian...I have two short haired domestic kitties that were both born "barn cats." Most likely they would have been killed by the weather or a car by now if I hadn't taken them in. They were both very wild and skittish as small kittens...but they have both calmed down into very sweet and personable cats. My adult female-Gollum-was spayed as soon as she was able. The newer kitten, "AC" will be as soon as she weighs enough. (Her full name is Annoying Customer...DH named her after the cat in the convenience store on the movie "Clerks.")
I know what you mean about "rescuing" them. I saw a white stray outside yesterday and if I would have caught her...she would have probably been here as well.

Well...I have dance class today in a couple of hours. It should be exciting...we are supposed to have a bellydancer here today from Russia. Can't wait to meet her. I had my private instruction lesson yesterday...and I am learning a new floorwork routine that is very "sensual." Can't wait to perform it in a few months. YIPPEE!!!
Aphil
Old 02-08-2004, 11:44 AM   #116  

Default Booting needed

*presents butt for firm kicking*

somebody. anybody. please?

been emotional and stressed the last couple of days, and have been filling up on food.

was REALLY excited over the 20lbs lost after surgery. granted, not the healthiest way to loose it, but god... the motivation i felt after seeing that big of a difference on the scale....

the good news is that i went roller skating on Tuesday, and plan to go each Tuesday. i've been skating exactally 5 times in my life, so i'm not getting much of a workout yet, but i did manage to make it around the rink several times under my own teetering power.

but, there's still the issue of my eating habits. i know that i can't just exist on broth and tiny amounts of very very soft food, no matter HOW well that worked as a weight loss plan. so... suggestions?

i don't do well on plans that make me eliminate things that i like. any plan that demands i stop drinking coffee or eating chocolate is doomed to fail without question. so... i've been trying to make better choices now that i can eat again. less butter. more veggies. smaller portions. not doing real well yet.... and i spend a lot of time kicking myself for messing up.

just.... so tired of being fat. of hating who i am, because i'm ashamed of the outside. tired of always thinking that i can't do things, because being overweight makes me less of a person.

wow. guess that pre birthday depression is hitting early this year... *sighs* part of the reason that i poofed last year is because it got the better of me. i quit my job, and didn't leave the house for almost three months. i'm amazed that Phil put up with me. still amazed that he puts up with me.

it gets better, doesn't it? will that motivation i feel return with such force with every new goal reached? i just need something that will get it through my thick head that i really am worth doing this....
Old 02-08-2004, 02:36 PM   #117  
Rattie Lover

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid_fiction

the good news is that i went roller skating on Tuesday, and plan to go each Tuesday. i've been skating exactally 5 times in my life, so i'm not getting much of a workout yet, but i did manage to make it around the rink several times under my own teetering power.

**Perk** Did you say "Roller Skating?!" If I was closer, I'd go with you!! I skate for 2 hours every Tuesday night at Adult night, but I wish I could go more. I use to skate 5-8 hours a day, 6 days a week when I was training for competitions. Man...was I in good shape then. **Sniffles**

Aphil:
I know what ya mean. All of my animals have been either rescues from the pound or the wraths of PetCo. I got Cosmo (cat) from the pound as an adult...he was on his last days... Same with Taco (dog). Send Noodles the unwanted, neglected, abused, handicapped pets, and she'll give em' a home!! (I guess I should ask hubby first huh! )
Old 02-08-2004, 02:43 PM   #118  

Noodles

yep. same thing with my best-est friend, that i go with. she's determined to teach me how to do cross overs on corners in three months, and has made threats about having me jumping by the end of the year. personally, i'd settle for around the rink three times without incident. *s*

we do the tuesday adult skate too. if you're ever in Saginaw on tuesday, you're welcome to join us.

:spins:
Old 02-08-2004, 03:09 PM   #119  
Rattie Lover

Now that's my kinda "Skater"!! Does she do singles or doubles?? I can barely do singles now. **sigh** I got hit by a car in 1990 and that ended my skating career for any competition via freestyle. I can still do dance though...just haven't went back to my lessons since my surgery in June 03.

If I ever get up there, count me in! I was suppose to go to Detroit to judge Nationals @ Ford Field, but since I had surgery I was exempt. This year we go to Iowa. Whoppie. LOL!! I can't wait for next year. New Orleans!!

Old 02-08-2004, 08:23 PM   #120  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Hi girls,

Been awhile since I checked in.

Well, I went to check out a speech tournament hosted by my school on friday. It was pretty darn fun and very interesting. I went at the urging of my communications teacher who thinks I should be on the debate team. Long story but the debate coach asks me to compete THIS friday in Arizona so that another student can get back in the swing of things (it's team debating). I said, "What? No. Are you crazy? I haven't even learned the format." But by the time the conversation was over, I agreed to do it if I could get the time off work. Work hasn't got back to me yet but I think they'll let me. I'm scared to death because I'm so confused about the protocols. The Cute Boyfriend is just a bit pouty that I'm leaving him for four days. Aaaahhhhh!

Noodles - Your ratties are adorable.

Shell - It sounds like you need to journal for awhile about why you're doing this and think about some positives that will motivate you. Everybody is different. When I get in a real junk food habit, I just have to spend a few minutes reading about the food crisis in 3rd world countries and I can curb that craving to much effect. But that works for ME. I also have mantras and pictures to inspire me stuffed in various places that help me figure out why I push for this change.

Does anyone else have a weekend problem? I'm pretty good at controling my eating during the week, but on the weekends I'm easily influence by the Cute Boyfriend and tell to stuff myself until all I want to do is sleep. It's ruining my end result. Any suggestions?
Closed Thread