Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 01:33 PM   #46  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

You girls are too much.

Aphil - Love DH's comment!

Hello to Den, Ellis, Ruthxxx, Mauvais, Sandi, Noodles, Sarah (when I see that name it confuses me sometimes - that would be me too)!

Sorry I have been a bit MIA, but between having a generally awful mood, PMSing, the weather, and my job - I have been a real lately. Even snapped at a few people. My I hate people mood has lessened a little. I am determined to get out of work early today. It has been my goal for the last week, but have left late instead. I am NOT answering my phone this afternoon. Or at 2am when I get a stupid phone call. I hate being on call sometimes. Being salaried bites too. But in good news is I got my review and it just says I play well with others and I'm not dumb. Well, it really says more then that - but that is what it translates too.

Looking forward to a do nothing weekend. Maybe do some stuff around the house & read. Hopefully book my flight to see the boy, but I am actually not going out there til May. Things I do not want to hear this weekend - T4s, Taxes, Payroll, database, check, report or anything else even close to it.

Ok the mean, sarcastic me is very much still around, but love to the chicks!

Old 01-30-2004, 02:20 PM   #47  

Height: 5'-2"

Squeak, give me your on-call number and I'll phone you.
I know EXACTLY how you're feeling, hon. Are you eating, too!?
Hey, you got a good review! That's great!!!

Just finished my period. Just ate the house, then had a nap. I've gained about 4 pounds, and it's all on my face.
Sorry, Squeak, I didn't mean to detract from your pity-party.
Sending you lots of love and hugs...
Old 01-30-2004, 07:44 PM   #48  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Glad you are feeling a little better Squeak -

Ellis - stop eating now!!!

Speaking of eating....I just got back from dinner and this yummy Persian restaurant up the street...I had some mahi mahi in a cumin sauce - delish! with salad and rice. For dessert I had a dish of Persian ice cream - it was pistachio and saffron- which sounds like an odd combination but was really good
Old 01-30-2004, 07:54 PM   #49  

Sorry things have been rough for you,Squeak...but now it is the week-end, relax and regroup!
Hope you feel lots better by Monday!
Old 01-30-2004, 08:24 PM   #50  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

HI CHICKIES!!!
Squeak-I'm PMSing NOW (progesterone based) and then in two days I'll have regular PMS, and a day or two after that my period will start.....besides, I'm ALWAYS a b!tch, so usuallyno one can tell the difference!!!

Ellis-YOU ATE THE HOUSE AND ONLY GAINED 4 POUNDS?!? How'd you do it?

Mauvais-YUM!!! Wish I could have gone with you!!!

HI IRISH TART!!!!

Well, today was report card day, and both the kids did well, so I am happy!!! DS13 was on our minds a lot today and we were discussing him with my folks today...lots of worries. Then we pick hum up and he has a good report card!!! He is always doing the opposite of what we expect. Keeps things exciting!!!
Old 01-30-2004, 08:40 PM   #51  
Cat Lover

Talking

Hi everyone!

It has been awhile since we heard from you Squeaker, but I'm just as bad. Congrats on the review!!!!! I love do nothing weekends too, that's what this is for me.

Mauvais you are always eating such interesting food. There most be really cool places to go in your city (Ottawa-right)?

As for the weather! It bites! But I think that's on a different thread.

Enjoy the weekend chickies.... and if you're hungry DRINK WATER!

Sandi
Old 01-30-2004, 08:44 PM   #52  

That's GREAT news, Den!

Mauvais, you tell me to stop eating, and then you describe in explicit detail your dinner. What the heck!?!?

ps Den, enjoy your period. (hey, what can I say?)
Old 01-30-2004, 09:57 PM   #53  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Ellis - thanks! You are welcome to my pity party any time you want. As for eating - I am either stuffing my face or in the mood to eat nothing at all. I promise if you call me at 2am, I would not be very nice to you. Not mean, just rather grumpy.

Mauvais - not very nice to tell Ellis not to eat then discribe dinner! Though it sounded very yummy!

Thanks Irish! How have you been??

Den - Feel better soon. And glad DS is doing well!!!

Sandi - Thanks, and have fun with your do nothing weekend!
Old 01-30-2004, 11:24 PM   #54  
WW Moderator

Squeak, I'm on call right now too...well technically I am second on the list, but my boss bailed out (excuse me, I mean he accidentally slept through the page) of an emergency call on Tuesday night, so I had to go downtown at 11:30 at night, in the snow, and check out our freezer. Still having problems with it, so I am waiting to see if my phone rings in 10 minutes. If not, I can safely go to sleep! I hope so, I just want to sleep deep, then wake up refreshed. Not that it ever happens, but I'd like to do it some time.

The scale has been a rollercoaster ride this month. I don't know if I have some funky water issues, or if I am on a plateau. All I know is I'm where I was at the start of the month.

Ok, off to search the net for a church to go to on Sunday!
Old 01-31-2004, 06:27 PM   #55  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Ellis- I went to Rainbow Foods today - it was great!

They carry a large selection of organic food, health and beauty products AND they sell the full spectrum lightbulbs that look like normal bulbs so you can use them in regular lamps Thought you might be interested in those - they are about $15.00 for each bulb, they last 5,000 hours and come in different watts. I think I will go back and get at least 2 - a little pricey but if they help with SAD it will be worth it. I can't afford $300.00 for the full spectrum lamp they had so at least the bulbs would be a start.

On a side note - I feel the need for dim sum and the company of one ellis and one Ruthie.....we must go out soon! SHRIMP TOAST!!!!!
Old 01-31-2004, 06:34 PM   #56  

Ellis-THANKS!!! I usually feel better once my period starts.

Squeak-THANKS! To YOU too!!! Hope DS can stick with it...he is very excited about going to high school next year, so maybe that will help keep him on track this year!!! He went from a C- to an A+ in math!!! (He is VERY good in math, so there was no excuse for that C-.)
Old 01-31-2004, 06:38 PM   #57  

Oh, thank you, Mauvais!

Jen... you're going to church? What kind?

Den, what's new, babydoll?
Old 01-31-2004, 06:50 PM   #58  

Ellis-Not much!!! Saw my Dad yesterday. He is doing a bit better, but his leg started to swell again, so they put him in some constricting sock. We were supposed to visit some friends today, but they got sick. Ate nachos (groan) that is about all!! I slept on the couch last night. DS13 fell asleep with DH in bed, and they were so cute I couldn't stand to wake them up!!!
Old 01-31-2004, 08:06 PM   #59  

Oh... isn't that sweet. I love sleeping with my little ones.
So... when do you want to lose weight?
Old 02-01-2004, 09:25 AM   #60  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi ladies,
Wow, I did not realize how long ago itwas since i was last on here. A whole week has gone by. I did get my nose pierced on the left side and everyone thinks it looks good. It really honestly did not hurt at all. He told me he was done and I said I did not even know he started. I felt a small little prick which I thought he was just marking the spot. He was very good, explained everything and made me very comfortable.
Other than that not much happening with me. Just simply enjoying life! Life is good!
Closed Thread