Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 06:58 PM   #76  
WW Moderator

Thanks ladies for all the religious support! I need to look into these things better. I've read into the UU, Jessica - I can't remember what made me say Hmmm, but that was a long time ago and I should read into it again. I don't believe I looked at the national site. I've not heard of the Spiritualist Church, which means there isn't one around here. I do believe in a lot of that. The problem is, I believe in a lot of things, and reading the doctrines of the churches, many of them don't believe in what I do - so it is almost like there isn't anywhere 'for' me. Oh, I did find a couple of places, but they don't believe, allow or condone divorce for any reason other than if you were adultered upon, and that isn't my case. So I've got some hunting to do! Thanks for all of your advice!
Old 02-02-2004, 09:54 PM   #77  

Default long lost

*comes crawling back*

i know. i poofed again. i'm sorry.

and, apparently, i missed the part where Alternachicks got wildly popular.

if i promise not to poof again, can i come back?

i still love that one....
Old 02-02-2004, 10:45 PM   #78  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hi fluid! Of course you can come back!

Where have you been hiding out? How are things with you? Catch us up girl!
Old 02-02-2004, 10:50 PM   #79  

Height: 5'-2"

SHEL!!! Where the **** have you BEEN, girl!!
Old 02-02-2004, 11:13 PM   #80  

Default warm welcome

thanks!!!

wow. been almost a year, from my "last post" thingie.

things are... good. sane. i'm living drama free, and i've gotta tell ya... it's the way to go.

still with Phil. things are great there. he's so amazing... supportive and loving. definately good for me.

i had a tonsillectomy two weeks ago. still recovering, and i dropped 18 pounds in the interm. which has motivated me to get off of my butt and really (and i ~mean~ really) get myself in shape.

i'm getting my health under control. meds adjusted and all. now it's time to do something about the weight.

i've missed you ladies. i'm really looking forward to catching up.

and for those of you who don't know me... i insist on punctuating my posts with smilies and such. especially since there are SO many new ones since i've been gone. you've been warned.

Shel
Old 02-03-2004, 08:55 AM   #81  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

HEY SHEL!!!!! Good to see you back again!!! Congratulations on your weight loss.....even if that ISN'T the best way to lose it!!! You missed the really cool Christmas smilies...elves and ornaments etc. You would have really liked those!!! Especially the elf with the censored stamp over his mouth (my personal favorite!!!) I'm going to post a Detroit joke for you in the humor thread. I think you'll be able to relate!!!
Old 02-03-2004, 03:56 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Hey girls...interesting week thus far. Got a strange call out of the blue from an old high school friend this week...it is a long drawn out story how the whole thing came about-but I'll get to the point. She called to tell me that through a series of events, she ended up chatting with Jordan Knight (the former lead singer of New Kids On The Block back in the day...ha ha) and she had some of my old artwork around during that happening...stuff I made when I was about 14-15 years old...well, he was intrigued and interested in some of it...and now has some of my old artwork! I am 28 now...I never would have thought that something I made half my life ago would still be "in circulation" (ha ha ha) and into his hands of all people. He asked her what I did now, and if I was still in the art field...and she told him that I was a "jack of all trades" and specialized in costume and clothing making. He is interested in my current work as well and I got some contact information...who would've thought? Sad thing is..."perfectionist me" has been racking my brain...trying to remember the details of what he now owns...and trying to remember if it was actually any good...or total crap.
ha ha ha
Aphil
Old 02-03-2004, 04:18 PM   #83  

How cool, Aphil!
Old 02-03-2004, 05:23 PM   #84  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

That is awesome Aphil!

Welcome Back Shel!!!

Jen - Hope you find someplace you like. And the reason the reason the minster was let go is complete

There is a cool Spiritualist Community not far from here. I went there for the first time over the summer. It was a blast even though I was a little scared I was going to be picked on to be "read", but didn't.

Have just a wonderful freakin' week. About as good as last week. Oh well. It eventually has to get more tolerable.

Old 02-03-2004, 06:36 PM   #85  

Aphil-COOL!! Wouldn't it be great if he contacted you for costumes?!?

Squeak-HIYA!!!! Hope things start to chill out!!

Well, never get too complacent...(not that I WAS mind you!!!).....yesterday DS13's teacher called and said he is behind on a project. Today I took him to the doctor and he is anemic and may have a "myoplasma infection" whatever the heck THAT is!!! So he is on anti-biotics while we wait for test results, and also taking iron supplements. He has to go back in 3 weeks for more bloodwork to make sure the iron level has improved. Meanwhile, he started to freak out thinking this was something HORRIFIC. Had to explain repeatedly before he calmed down...nothing like a kid with an anxiety disorder!!!
Old 02-03-2004, 07:06 PM   #86  

Oh, Den... good grief! Hugs and prayers for you and little DS.
Old 02-03-2004, 08:40 PM   #87  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Awwww....Den hope your little guy gets better soon.
Old 02-03-2004, 09:37 PM   #88  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Hope DS feels better soon!
Old 02-04-2004, 12:03 AM   #89  

April - we saw NKOTB in JFK when i was going to Spain on a school trip. *grins* does this put us all in the "6 degreese of seperation" loop? it's great about your art, though. congratulations.

Den - *offers hugs* poor kid. he's in good hands with you, though. *nods*

:spins:
Old 02-04-2004, 11:01 AM   #90  

Thanks all!! Right now he is in his room because he doesn't want to smell the peanut butter I just ate!!! (A little more than I should have admittedly!!) He hates the stuff.
Closed Thread