Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 04:15 PM   #16  
Rattie Lover

Yeah yeah!! Noodles wants to see!! Pics Pics! LOL!!

(I'm a sucker for pics).
Old 01-25-2004, 04:23 PM   #17  
Rattie Lover

** MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE of the DAY for Sunday, January 25, 2004 **

-Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.

-Henry Ford, 1863-1947, American Industrialist, Founder of Ford Motor
Company

Other Ones For Today...

"Even when a marriage is made in Heaven, the maintenance work has to be done here on Earth."

"Sometimes the biggest excitement in a dieters's life is spotting someone larger than themselves."

(Haven't posted many of these cause lately they have been stupid ones!! hahaha)
Old 01-25-2004, 08:28 PM   #18  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

We held a baby shower for my friend today - it was the most fun I have had at a baby shower ever!!!

Four of us planned it together and we held it at my place. Since many of the guests belly dance or have taken lessons we had a middle eastern theme. We hung swaths of sheer shimmery fabric from the ceiling to give the feeling of a harem tent, had draped more fabric on the tables, some middle eastern decorations and many tea lights - it looked beautiful! I wanted to leave it permanently

We had a small buffet featuring hummous, tabouleh, pita bread, spiced olives, Iranian almonds, phyllo appetizers, veggies with roasted red pepper dip, baklava and sparkling peach juice "champagne" (non-alcoholic) to toast the mum to be.

We decorated all of the guests hands with washable ink in middle eastern patterns and their faces with tiny stick on bindi jewels. Each guest was then given a coin laden hip scarf to tie around their waist to continue with the belly dance theme. We played middle eastern dance music as well.

We had some food, then the gifts were opened and then we cleared the living room floor and 3 of us taught the rest of the ladies some belly dance moves.

It was so much fun- everyone had a great time and the mum to be was thrilled with the theme and the gifts.

Even my 67 year old mum had her hands decorated and danced with us.
Old 01-25-2004, 10:06 PM   #19  
WW Moderator

Mauv, sounds like so much fun! I would like my house decorated with all the sheers, too. Sounds cozy. Maybe you should do this professionally!? Belly Dance Party Planner!

I SO BADLY do not want to go to work tomorrow. The thing that sucks is that my boss probably feels the same way, and I know my QA person does, and we are the top 3 people there, and we absolutely don't like going to work anymore. We just fake it to the rest of the staff. Sigh. It was a nice weekend while it lasted!
Old 01-25-2004, 11:05 PM   #20  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/see sig/150

Height: 5'8"

Jennifer,

What do you do at work?

(I don't wanna go to my job either! SIGH! I've been having a bad time there lately. Friday I was punished by being sent home with no pay for staying late Thursday and working on a project that would help my coworkers and save time/money! Why? Because I didn't call my boss at 6:30 at night and first get approval for the overtime! ARGH. I love my job... Micromanaged down to the last pee break practically.)

Hi ho, hi ho, off to lovely job I go.
Old 01-26-2004, 03:28 PM   #21  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

HEY!! Sounds like a BLAST Mauvais!! It is great that your Mom was dancing too. Jen is right!! I bet that all kinds of people would like parties like that...I sure would!!!
Old 01-26-2004, 05:22 PM   #22  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Sounds like a blast Mauvais! I want a party like that. But does it have to be a shower? I don't want to be married (nevermind I don't have someone TO marry), nor am I quite ready for a munchkin....

Jen - hope you had a good day. Not that work is ever fun!

It is so freakin' cold here. Planning a cozy night at home, watching movies, maybe work on one of my cross stitch projects.
Old 01-26-2004, 06:54 PM   #23  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, Squeak... your life sounds such a DREAM!!

Cool shower, Mauvais!. Why do I think I know your pregnant friend? How ridiculous. Does her first name start with a D?

Sarah, quit your job. It's not worth it. (says Ellis, sitting at home on her fat *** like a princess)
Old 01-26-2004, 08:37 PM   #24  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

ellis...Actually it does start with a D.........

No Squeak, we are actually thinking of throwing another party like that just for the fun of it - no pregnancy required.
Old 01-26-2004, 11:19 PM   #25  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Hi girls,

Sorry I haven't been around much. The start of school has me a bit swamped.

Mauv - the party sounds so beautiful. What an amazing way to celebrate. Have you ever read The Red Tent? Reminds me a bit of that. I've been reading about doulas lately and that sounds like a great feminine environment.

Speaking of BABIES, the scariest thing happened to me yesterday. My boyfriend and I were at a birthday party and one of our friends came with their new month old baby girl. The mom was getting super tired (she has two other children too!!) so I offered to hold the bean burrito for awhile. Well, the Cute Boyfriend came out and ooh and ahh so I let him hold her. Later that night we're getting ready for bed and he's VERY quiet so I ask, "what are you thinking about?" He answers, "the baby. I want one." WHAT?!?! Holy poopy! We talked about it for awhile (he wants to be a stay-at-home dad HA!) and I have WAY mixed feelings about it. I'm only 27 but that's not terribly young and I still have a ton of school left. And I came into the relationship never wanting children. I always said I could change my mind but I never thought HE would! Hee hee. I told him to ask me again in a few years. Someone please tell me that this is as scary as I think it is.

Jen - You balance your checkbook? I just wait until the money runs out.
Old 01-27-2004, 07:08 AM   #26  

Oh, Jessica... that's too sweet! Scary, but sweet.
Old 01-27-2004, 08:49 AM   #27  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/see sig/150

Height: 5'8"

Ellis,

I would in a heartbeat if I had something better lined up Tough thing is that I live in the Berkshires, where there is veeeery little in the way of good jobs!

But... they DO let me have a flex schedule to take art classes and the said doofus manager went out of his way to be nice to me Monday. He actually sidled up to me and handed me a fancy datebook as a gift to show he was sorry. Hmmm. Now if I could just get that crappy note out of my file and get my pay for Friday, I'd be kosher It drives me nutty that he thinks because I am a "girl" I don't know my way around computer servers! I mean, hello, read my resume, I was a computer consultant for 4 years while in college! Murph.

Ok, into the shower and then to my art class of the morning - Figure Drawing! Whee! I'll tell y'all if the model was hot or not

Goddess Jessica, I second the sweet summary! Awwww! But eeek BABY alert heheh! I'm 32 and I feel the same way. They're mighty cute but oooo to be all grown-up and so very responsible all the time?
Old 01-27-2004, 09:14 AM   #28  

Give me your manager's name, and I'll give him a piece of my mind. What a jerk. Don't you put up with any crap... hear me, hon?
Hey, I took life drawing for a few years! I LOVED it! (although some of the models were pretty ugly butt naked)
Old 01-27-2004, 09:44 AM   #29  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Jessica-YES!! SCARY!! Love the kids, but they are a lot of work and worry too!!!

Ellis-HEY!! I could be a butt ugly model!!! (Can't draw worth shite though!!!)

Berkshiregrl-At least they give you flex time, eh? Not many places even do THAT!!!

HI SQUEAK!!!
Old 01-27-2004, 10:13 AM   #30  

Den, please don't ruin our friendship by flashing me.
Closed Thread