Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 09:27 AM   #61  

Height: 5'-2"

Virginia, I'm glad life is good for you.
Old 02-01-2004, 09:53 AM   #62  

Hi All, Sorry I haven't participated in the conversation much this past month, I haven't felt well; I'm not really sick, I just feel tired and depressed most of the time. I am either sulking around with my feelings hurt or mad as **** because somebody looked at me wrong. I may as well go ahead and make an appointment with my doctor. I thought that it was just the post-Christmas blues, but jeezs it is almost February. It is so bad that I can't even stand to be around myself Now that is bad! I am the only me that I have got so I better fix it!
Old 02-01-2004, 10:05 AM   #63  

Irish, good for you for deciding to see your doctor. That's the best thing you can do. Let us know how you're doing... hugs and prayers coming your way...
Old 02-01-2004, 10:11 AM   #64  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yes, Irish Tart, you need your me fixed. Big hugs to you.

Sorry I've been MIA, chickies. This play is really taking up my Life. I am getting very tired of hearing the word vagina (166 times in the script) and even more sick of rehearsing every night and Sunday afternoons! However, I'm OK when I get there and am doing a pretty good job - just constantly tired or wired or both which is a very bad combo for me! I am trying to keep homelife serene and structured for Harry's sake but am on the edge of a scream some days!

After the performance on the 5th and the cast party on the 6th, I'll be back in here more regularly.

"The heart is able to forgive and repair. It can change its shape to let us in. It can expand to let us out. So can the vagina. It can ache for us and stretch for us, die for us and bleed and bleed us into this difficult, wondrous world. I was there in the room. I remember."
...............and I will be both glad and sad to do that final speech and see the curtain close. It's been quite an experience.... and, yes, I would do it again.
Old 02-01-2004, 10:43 AM   #65  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Ruth-Glad to hear you are enjoying the experience...even if it drives you crazy sometimes!!! Wish I could come see the performance!!!

Ellis-Weight? What weight?

Irish Tart-Good for you!! Going to the doctor for my depression was the best thing I ever did for myself. Whether yours turns out to be seasonal, situational or ongoing (like mine) I think you'll be glad you went too.

Virginia-HI!!!

Last edited by dentrassi; 02-01-2004 at 10:45 AM.
Old 02-01-2004, 11:08 AM   #66  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi Den!
Hope you are doing okay this time of year! How is your son and of course DH? Hope you are all well.
Virgina
Old 02-01-2004, 11:09 AM   #67  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Ellis & Den - What is all this weight talk?? I thought we were just all here to talk, be silly & supportive????

Den - Glad dad is doing ok...

Jen - Hope you got some sleep!

Irish - I hope you feel better

Virginia - Good to see you here!

Ruth - Wish I could come up and see you in the play!!!!

Mauvais - The store sounds very cool.

Spent all day yesterday reading, watching TV or sleeping. It was really nice. Today I think I am going bowling, and cleaning up my living room a bit.
Old 02-01-2004, 11:22 AM   #68  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Den- sending healing vibes to your dad :

Irish- seeing your doctor is the best thing you can do. Take care of yourself and I hope things get better for you soon

Ruthxx- good luck with your play and I hope everything settles down for you soon.
Miss you and need a dim sum fix with you and ellis soon!
Old 02-01-2004, 11:05 PM   #69  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Mauv - Cute new icon.

Ruth - Oh how I wish I could see your play!

I've got a sore throat tonight (and although the Cute Boyfriend claims to "have something for that" I'm staying away from his paws. )

January was a good month for me. I'm hoping the motivation will follow me into Feb. However, I did have a slip on friday. Does anyone else have this problem that once they get a few margaritas in them that the diet seems to seep away with the last of the brain cells? Cute Boyfriend and I had dinner a a great mexican place and order a pitcher of margaritas. Then, we headed home to FINALLY watch Pirates of the Caribbean (J.Depp is soooo hot in eyeliner) and continued drinking. By the end of the movie, I talked the cute boyfriend into a midnight cookie run. How insane is this? Anyway, I ate like a box of cookies and convinced myself (and anyone who would listen) that I must of been a pirate in a previous life because I love rum (and margaritas) so much.

Hope everyone else is doing good.
Old 02-01-2004, 11:20 PM   #70  

Thanks Jessica! I was getting bored with the old one so.....

Margaritas huh? I like those too - although I never drank so many that I became a cookie munching pirate!

hmmm...funny my DH has the same cure for a sore throat....
Old 02-02-2004, 12:06 AM   #71  
WW Moderator

Ellis, we didn't go to a church, still looking for one. I don't know what kind I want. I don't like organized religion, or contemporary Christian music, so that wipes out 99 percent of the choices. I had a minister I loved. He was forced out of the church and I haven't been back. He made an un-minister-like choice, and one of the elders told him to leave or he would tell the church and also his school, where he was studying to get his Masters in Theology. He stepped down immediately, to not cause embarrassment to his children. The elder told everybody anyway, and called the school demanding he be kicked out. Do you know what he did to get all of this? He went to a nude beach with his wife when they were on vacation. They only told one couple, who happened to be the elder's son, and their best friends. He isn't any more perfect than anybody going to that church, and taking him out of the church hurt more people than it helped. I don't want a building for spiritual guidance, I want a messenger that can reach me. They tossed aside the messenger and praised the building, and in the process, many of us were left lost, me included. This happened 5 years ago, and I haven't been to church since. I don't know what I want, but hopefully I'll find it.
Old 02-02-2004, 07:35 AM   #72  

Oh, Jennifer... I'm really sorry about your minister. That's ridiculous! And typical of a congregation. Good grief... I thought you were going to say he'd molested someone or something! A nude beach is NOTHING! There are a heck of a lot of judgemental people out there who need to take a good look at their own lives.
I had a minister I loved, too, but alas, the dear old man died several years ago. There'll never be another Hal.
I'm not big on organized religion, either. I was raised Anglican, and I love the old "high" service, but it's rarely offered anymore. My favorite thing now is to pop into the big old Catholic Basilica in Ottawa (on my own time) and say a prayer and light a candle. I hate going to a church regularly and having to talk to anyone. It takes away from my "special time with God".
I hope you find something soon sweetie.
Old 02-02-2004, 07:58 AM   #73  

That is so sad Jennifer

I am not a fan of organized religion either but I am looking for some sense of spirituality - growing up I have attended Anglican, Presbyterian, and United Churches.
I even went to a Italian Catholic School on Saturdays for about 2 years. My family has also flirted with budhism, Scientology, Judaism and Hindu - my dad is a fountain of information

When my parents lived in Scotland they belonged to a Spiritualist Church. They would meet and discuss life, the universe, the spirit world, the afterlife etc. They would also have guest spiritualist/mediums in to give reading - these people were the real deal and not doing it for the $$ either. My parent have had some funky experiences with spirits over the years so I totally beleive in things like that.

With all of that going on I just can't believe in one religion.
Old 02-02-2004, 11:24 AM   #74  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Virginia-We are all doing pretty well here thanks!! DS13 is up to his usual tricks...he always does the opposite of what we expect! So during a time when we have been particularly worried he brought home a GOOD report card!!! Now if we can just keep up the worry....DS17 is BUSY with his band and the POP/ROCK concert practices. Strangely, in HIS case I am glad to see him less involved with his academics and more involved with extra-curricular stuff!!! DH is tired but happy. I don't know if you were around at the end of the summer or not (can't remember!!) but he was hired full-time at a local Community College, so we are now MIDDLE CLASS!!! (At least once we get caught up financially we will be!!!) How are you doing and what are you up to? I know you have been doing GREAT with your sobriety, and I noticed you have also quit smoking...wish I could do that with my WEIGHT!!! Ypou are an inspiration girl!!!

Squeak-WEIGHT?!? Other than the extra 100 pounds I'm carrying around I have NO idea what you are talking about!!! (But silly is ALWAYS good!!! Support?!? Okay, that is a good thing too... )

Mauvais and Squeak-Thanks for the good vibes and healing thoughts!!! My Dad is doing a bit better, but has not been able to get his blood sugar completely under control. YEESH!! One more reason for me to get off MY butt and try to deal with this stuff NOW.

Mauvais-I like the new avatar!!!

Jessica-I DEFINITELY eat more when i have been drinking. It seems to destroy any and all willpower I have (and I don't have THAT much to begin with!!!) I LOVE margaritas!! Haven't had one in a long time though!! Between the food thing and the anti-deppresants I just can't drink too often.

Jennifer-WHAT A BUNCH OF IDIOTS!!! I'm with Ellis. I thought you were going to say that he was an abuser or that he had an affair with a parishioner (sp?)
To do that for going to a nude beach?!? YEESH!! What a bunch of small minded people!! I hope he found another congregation elsewhere that appreciates him.
Old 02-02-2004, 06:46 PM   #75  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Jennifer - Have you checked out the Universal Unitarians? http://www.uua.org/aboutuu/uufaq.html

I'm a very grumpy agnostic who was raised catholic and prefers paganism but I really really enjoyed the service at the UU. My friend and her husband are members and their both buddhist that enjoy the community of a congregation. They found it here. Lots of people give them flack for being very accepting of everyone but I think they're very cool.

I also enjoy the humanists groups. There's a great Jewish Humanist group out here.
Closed Thread