Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2003, 11:25 AM   #1  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Default Alternachick Chat, Week of Aug 3rd

Good morning chicks!

Hope everything is well.

Yesterday I went to a girls only pool party, and had a blast, even though it rained. Ate way too much though, which has been the case for most of this week. High stress, lots of going out, bad weather - so no walks, but so far I think I may be down a 1/2 or maintaining. The scale keeps going back and forth between the two.

I got an invite to a bridal shower, and it came with an index card. They are doing a "Family & Friends Favorite Recipes", which I thought was a great idea. But I will be missing the party. It is my nephew's 1st birthday party that day.

I will probably be spending the day cleaning and watching movies, since it is suppose to rain again.

Old 08-03-2003, 11:53 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Squeak, I'm glad you had fun at the party!
I love the idea for the shower...
It's supposed to rain here all week, but it's just been gloomy for days. I wish it would make up it's mind.

I've got more major renovating to do today. I pretty much built the closet yesterday. I'm just looking around at the HUGE mess and wondering what to tackle next. More drywalling, I suppose... I'd better be burning calories here, man!!

Back later...
love and hugs to all
Old 08-03-2003, 12:39 PM   #3  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

I am sure you ARE burning calories Ellis!! And building muscles too!!!
Old 08-03-2003, 01:19 PM   #4  

That sort of hard work burns a TON of calories, Ellis! And good for you maintaining or even down a bit after a party, Squeak...that means what you are doing the rest of the time is working great!

Don't know what I'm doing today...will go walk later I guess. Got lots of sorting to do - old photos, letters, stuff. But I don't really WANT to do it! Plus the kitchen floor is needing a clean after DH fixed the faucet in there yesterday and had to replace the wood around it...lovely. But at least no more drippy faucet!

Lidian
Old 08-03-2003, 03:09 PM   #5  
Cute & Fluffy

Ellis - you are going to be a buff all around Ms-Fix-It by the time you are done!

Lidian - it may not be stuff you want to do, but it feels good knowing you got stuff accomplished when it is over.

HI Den!
Old 08-03-2003, 09:47 PM   #6  

Totally blew it today, but had a great time!! I'll get back on track tomorrow.

HI SQUEAK!!
HI LIDIAN!!
HI ELLIS!!
HI TO EVERYONE NOT POSTING OVER THE WEEKEND!!
Old 08-03-2003, 09:48 PM   #7  
Cute & Fluffy

oooo. What did you do Den????
Old 08-03-2003, 09:59 PM   #8  

Well....I had those deep fried mixed root chip things (forget the name), two glasses of wine, a few peanut M&Ms, a Healthy Choice ice cream bar, and then came home and ate some malt balls (BIG ones.) Actually, calorie wise I probably didn't do that bad, since dinner was kabobs (turkey and veg.), rice (had less than a half cup), and asparagus. Other than that all I had today was a piece of low fat cheese. But NOT a low carb day!!!!

We were at the house of some friends of ours. Had a nice time playing cards and talking. The kids like going too, since DS13 can play on the computers and DS16 can watch music videos (we don't have cable.)
Old 08-04-2003, 01:00 AM   #9  

Oh well, Den, never mind - like Scarlett O'Hara says, tomorrow is another day (and she oughta know, what with all those barbecues she goes to!)...I just had some gingersnaps. It is very late at night and I came downstairs to read and well, they just called to me. And they were stale and lousy, so why they were calling so loudly I don't know. Oh - yes I do! Because they are the only cookies (or related sweet complex carb thingies) in the house!

Happy Civic Holiday Monday to all you Canadians...isn't that a delightful name for a holiday? Like we should celebrate by touring City Hall maybe. I am going to celebrate by sleeping as late as possible and letting the girls get their own cereal!

Lidian
Old 08-04-2003, 07:54 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Happy Civic Holiday, Canadians! I think we call it Ontario Day although municipalities can call it what they like. Maybe BAstad Day for this township?

Rain predicted for the next frassing week so my garden will not be perfectly weeded before I go west. Who cares! Usually by now, I've just given up on it but things do look much better this year. Having a semi-functioning body helped this summer!

Have a happy Monday or Moanday, your choice.
Old 08-04-2003, 08:26 AM   #11  

Happy Civic Holiday!

Den, sounds like you had a great time at your friends' place!

Hey, where is Mauvais? Our bombshell mod?

Come on, Ruth! You can weed in the rain!
Old 08-04-2003, 08:28 AM   #12  

Squeak, get out of the fridge.
Old 08-04-2003, 08:47 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Ellis, I can't weed in the rain. Our clay soil is too slippery to walk on and is also damaged by walking on when wet. That's the one thing I remember from my Master Gardener Course Unit II! So the weeds will have to just grow until after I get home in mid-August. Then I'll tackle them with a machete!
Old 08-04-2003, 11:36 AM   #14  

Happy Civic Holiday!!

Hot and humid here - maybe we'll go to the pool (the usual, but a very good FREE activity!). And maybe I'll make iced tea. And maybe I'll sort some more letters...girls are giggling nearby which is charming but it is hard to concentrate.

Cats busy upstairs replacing the cat hair I vacuumed up yesterday.

Lidian
Old 08-04-2003, 01:15 PM   #15  

HAPPY "WHATEVER" HOLIDAY to all the Canadian Alternachicks!!!

Lidian-YUP!! We just went out this morning and bought a new cat brush, because our cat's hair is so long that the brush wasn't getting all the way through it!!! We have to roller the couch when anyone comes over because the vaccuum doesn't work well enough!!!

Squeak-Notice how I ASSUMED you meant what food did I eat? then I realized that uyou meant what did I do, which is EXACTLY what you asked!!! I am so food orientd it is ridiculous!!!

Ruth-Forget the stinking weeds. Tomorrow they swim with the fishies!!!!

Ellis-HI SWEETIE!!!!
Closed Thread