Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 05:43 PM   #16  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Hi chicks!

I spent the whole weekend working at our local Ren Faire. My dance troupe gets paid to "entertain" at them. Usually, I wouldn't mind but we do SO MANY of them, it makes me nauseous just to think of a turkey leg. It was hot, we danced a lot, I lost a couple of pounds. All water, I'm sure.

I have so much stuff to do around the house this week! I haven't grocery shopped since my vacation, the floors are so dirty I can't walk barefoot in the house and the dogs need a bath. I just wish they didn't fight me every step of the way!!!!

Luckily, my boss is out of the office this week... so some reprieve there.
Old 08-04-2003, 06:58 PM   #17  

Den, I brush the couches too, before company - if I have time in the panic to conceal all the girls' craft projects which involve cutting little scraps of paper and stuff (to make beds for all the tiny plastic frogs & their pals).

Jessica, sounds like fun and hard work too! And really good exercise - bet you lost at LEAST a couple of lbs. I have been a lazy dawg all day - very humid and hot and icky here for Civic Holiday...the girls played croquet and argued all day (the two being interrelated). I am putting the d*** croquet set away tomorrow!

Lidian
Old 08-04-2003, 08:27 PM   #18  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

I wasn't in the fridge Ellis However I was in the corner store twice, the cafeteria twice, and out for dinner.

You are right Den, I was asking what you did, but I do enjoy the food part too.

Lidian - You always sound like you have an amazing amount of energy!!!

Ruth - I will take Moanday. And forget the weeds, they will just wash away with the rain.

Jessica - Very cool! What kind of dancing do you do? The shopping is normally great at a Ren Faire.

Happy Civic Holiday! Which also explains why our Canadian office was quite today. Not that that made my day quiet.

Where is Ms. Mauvais? Hopefully out having fun!
Old 08-05-2003, 09:37 AM   #19  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Morning chickquitas!

Yeah, I am still around

I had a very busy weekend of running around grocery shopping, paying bills and had to buy a new lamp from Ikea.

On Saturday we went to our friends' place for supper then the four of us went to see Pirates of the Caribbean - loved it!

Then on Sunday we had about 7 people over to order in chinese food and watch Asian movies- Shaolin Soccer and Batttle Royale-which we had picked up while at the convention in Indy. Loads of high kicking fun!

Relaxed on Monday then had another couple over for dinner and watching t.v.

Hope you all had a good weekend!
Old 08-05-2003, 02:44 PM   #20  
Cute & Fluffy

Bah! Where is everyone?

I am here, but my head will soon explode, or I will have a nervous breakdown. I just want to crawl in a hole and not come back out for a while. I hate my job currently. I am also PMSing, my boobs hurt and gain 2 lbs since yesterday morning - most likely due to the PMS. Which would also explain why i am more irratible and b then normal.
Old 08-05-2003, 03:04 PM   #21  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Aww Squeaker! I'm come crawl in your hole and keep you company... well, only if you brought some food in there with you! I do a type of English Folk Dancing called Morris Dancing. I think it looks like complicated aerobics done to ancient music but the other members in my group get offended when I say that.

Lidian - I want a lazy weekend! My house is a wreck!!!!

Mauv - Mmmmmm... CHinese food.... drool. Let me live vicariously. What did you have?
Old 08-05-2003, 03:18 PM   #22  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Jessica-LOVE Morris dancing!! Too out of shape to do it myself though!!!!

Squeak-Sorry you are having a rough time sweetie. I sometimes (OFTEN!) feel like climbing into my hidey hole too!!!

Mauvais-Sounds like you have been having a blast!!

Lidian-It is usually MY projects that are crammed under the coffee table!!!!

By the way.....DH SIGNED THE CONTRACT THIS MORNING!! As soon as he starts getting PAID we will officially be members of the middle class (don't know whether to laugh or cry!!!) Also, my Sis's sweetie boy has finally decided there is a food he does not enjoy. According to "sources" he has, "Learned to spray broccoli."
Old 08-05-2003, 03:49 PM   #23  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Yay Den! That is great news! Now you can become one of the bourgoisie!

Jessica: I had beef with black bean sauce and flat noodles; General Tao's chicken, curried beef with peppers and onions,
spare ribs (which I discovered that I do NOT like ), 2 spring rolls and 2 fortune cookies - burp!

Morris dancing- pretty cool

Squeak- hope you are feeling better! Big pmssing hug to you
Old 08-05-2003, 05:03 PM   #24  
Cute & Fluffy

The dancing sounds cool Jessica! And I like the description.

CONGRATS TO Den's DH!!!!!!!!! Hidey holes are wonderful things aren't they. I wish I could occupy mine more.

mmmmm Chinese food sounds good. And it sounds like you had a wonderful weekend Mauvais.
Old 08-05-2003, 07:28 PM   #25  

Height: 5'-2"

Squeak, love and hugs, sweetie... (damned period)
I hope you're feeling better soon...

Hi to everyone... back soon...
busy day...
Old 08-05-2003, 09:50 PM   #26  

Oh Squeak - the dreaded PMS! I love it all - the weight gain, the painful canteloupe-like things unhappy in the suddenly-too-tight sports bra, and the extra edge to the usual crabbiness...and then the period itself. Just lovely!

Den, how wonderful for you and DH! I am so happy for you!

Jessica, Morris dancing IS cool, and a fabulous workout (I never did it, but I have WATCHED it, which is NOT a fabulous workout).

Mauvais, that Chinese dinner sounds wonderful...reminded me how much I like Chinese food and how I would love some right now! If only an eggroll and some of its friends could materialize right now on a plate before me (though perhaps not, as I have already had dinner...)

Hi Ellis! How are you doing?

Lidian
Old 08-05-2003, 10:06 PM   #27  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

DH was THRILLED to get all your good wishes. THANKS!!!!
Old 08-06-2003, 09:29 AM   #28  

oh geez... I missed your post, Den.

Congratulations, Den and DH!!
(again. )

Hi Lidian, Squeak, Mauvais, Ruth (I know you're there), Jessica, and... where the heck IS everyone!?
Old 08-06-2003, 10:06 AM   #29  
Hot Stuff

YAY DEN AND DH!!!! Congratulations!!!

Squeak, hidey holes are good things, but we like to see you here! Hope you're in better spirits.

I am back from the Land of Lurk and giving this whole healthy lifestyle/weight loss thing another go. What is this, the millionth? I'm off work until Augutst 18th and there's just NO excuse to not get off my butt and do it!

I see some of you are loving the SBD and getting great results! Way to go! I wish I could survive without carbs, but I know that I can't. I'll just have to rely on the damn calorie in/calorie out theory.

Gads, is it humid enough here???
Old 08-06-2003, 10:18 AM   #30  

Hey Wildfire! Good luck... you CAN do this! (says the fat dumpling in Ottawa)
It's so honkin' humid it's not funny. My hands are stuck to the keyboard.
Closed Thread