Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 02:12 PM   #46  

Height: 5'-2"

Lidian, I'm pretty good right now, thank you. I'm trying NOT to anticipate, but it's hard... especially as the time gets closer...
I hope you're having a good nap! I'm going to have one RIGHT NOW!! (with some pistachios and a book )
Old 08-07-2003, 06:30 PM   #47  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Wildfire-YUCK!! Once my MIL was sitting for the kids, and cleaned up my cruddy kitchen sink. I took one look at her and said, "YOU KILLED FRED!!!!!"
(We joke around a lot.....)
Old 08-07-2003, 07:21 PM   #48  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Just a quick post.
Hello Ellis, Den, Lidian, Mauvais, Ruth, Wildfire, Jessica, and anyone else hiding out there!

Long night last night. County Fair, and then up til 2am. stupid freakin' 3 hr NY/CA time difference Long day at work, and now I am in need of a good book and a nap.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WILDFIRE!!!!!!!!
Old 08-07-2003, 11:20 PM   #49  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WILDFIRE!!!!

Squeak-HI!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2003, 07:30 AM   #50  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WILDFIRE!!!

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 08-08-2003 at 07:33 AM.
Old 08-08-2003, 08:23 AM   #51  

Happy Birthday, Wildfire!!
Old 08-08-2003, 12:38 PM   #52  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Happy Birthday Wildfire!
Hey girls whats up? Long time no chat
Sorry about that. Have been busy with my new job and the old one. I started working in the bakery three weeks ago, decorating cakes and I love it. It is so much fun. Soon they are going to be training me for other aspects of the bakery too. I am also getting hours on the front end as cashier still, but soon I will be just bakery. Yeah!
I have been doing quite well emotionally lately, trying to stay focused and living life instead of exsisting in it. It was ten years on Monday that my father passed away, and I have been harbouring a lot of emotions towards that. So Pam suggested I write a letter to him, which I did, took it out to the grave Monday morning and read it to him and then burned it. It certainly was a release. Felt like a large boulder had been lifted off of my shoulders. The AA program is really working in my life. I have not had a drink in almost five months. ANd I feel great. I have God back in my life and he is helping me every step of the way. My friends give me more support than I could have ever imagined, and my kids and I are getting back on track. Life is good.
Hugs to all
Virginia
Old 08-08-2003, 01:16 PM   #53  

HEY VIRGINIA!!! Good to "see" you!!! Sounds like you are doing GREAT!!! The new job sounds like a blast. I think I'd like that too!!! Try to chat more often sweetie...WE MISS YOU!!!!
Old 08-08-2003, 02:02 PM   #54  
Hot Stuff

Thanks for the birthday wishes, girls! Had a low-key night...Swiss Chalet take-out and a DVD rental, Bringing Down the House. Funny movie!

Virginia, glad to hear life is better for you these days.

Hoping to go to the Scottish Highland Games in Fergus tomorrow, if I can twist DH's arm into going with me. Interesting how as we get older our roots mean so much more to us. I wish I'd continued those bagpipe lessons I took as a kid, now. OOOH, and Diana Gabaldon (Outlander series) is going to be there.

Den, Fred is trying to inhabit MY sink now....and he's about to be evicted! Should I send him back?
Old 08-08-2003, 04:42 PM   #55  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Thought I'd poke my head in!

I am so lookign forward to this weekend. I am going to do NOTHING! I can't wait. I'm tired. Tired. Tired. Tired! I need a weekend to regroup my brain.

I signed up for classes for the fall semester a couple months ago but yesterday, I signed up for TWO MORE! Yoga! And Stength Training! It means I have to be a t school at 7AM, but I'm a freak about my grades so I know I'll make myself go. I just don't know how I'll be organized at that hour. I mean, is the sun out then?

Virginia - Congrats on all accounts!
Wildfire - Happy belated birthday!
Den - I think Fred has been sowing his seeds in my house. The little slut.
Old 08-08-2003, 05:51 PM   #56  

HAHAHAHA!!!

Wildfire...SEND HIM TO JESSICA'S HOUSE!!!

Jessica-I DON'T WANT HIM BACK!!!!!
Old 08-08-2003, 08:31 PM   #57  

Happy birthday Wildfire! And hi Ellis, Jessica, Virginia, Ruth, Squeaker, Den, Mauvais & anyone I missed because I have had a LONG day! --

Final swimming lesson for girls today, they did very well and I managed to drive them without anything or anyone being the worse for it, but I am looking forward to sleeping in in the morning next week and taking them to the pool in the afternoon. This afternoon we spent far too long solving a Carmen Sandiego CD-ROM that youngest got for her birthday last year...

Thanks for the tip about walkthroughs Ellis - I had NO idea they existed! We looked up the Nancy Drew one we were working on but STILL didn't manage to solve it, but maybe next time we will!

This weekend, lots of walking for me, and personal space! I can't wait!

Lidian
Old 08-08-2003, 11:32 PM   #58  

Lidian... oh my gosh... go to Chapters! You know those "mini books" they have sort of near the cash? They're about 3 by 3 inches, and are on a variety of topics. (Friends, Sisters, Dummies Guide to Buddism, etc.) Anyhow, I got myself this cute little one... "Nancy Drew's Guide To Life". It's honkin' HILARIOUS!!! It has a little bookmark with a tiny magnifying glass hanging from it.
It's got "tips" in it like this:

"Flowers sent by secret admirers might be coated with poison."
-- The Secret of the Golden Pavilion --

"Dive into any available water when attacked by a swarm of mosquitoes."
-- Mystery of Crocodile Island --

"If you can at all prevent it, don't run after thieves when you are clad only in a leotard. It's unseemly."
-- The Scarlet Slipper Mystery --

Virginia, it's so good to hear from you. I'm very glad that things are going well for you. The letter to your Dad was a very good idea. Some closure for you. love and hugs...

Excuse me... I'm so tired... too much company lately. My SIL is here now, and while I love her dearly, I NEED SOME SLEEP!!

Love to all of you...
xoxo
Old 08-09-2003, 12:02 AM   #59  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Great going Virginia It is good hearing from you and I am glad you are doing so well

Jessica: whoo! That's and early start!

We are off to Brockville tomorrow for some shopping and dinner with a couple of friends

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Old 08-09-2003, 01:40 AM   #60  

Thanks dear Ellis - I will look for that! The DD's would like that too - hope you are getting a good sleep! Company, even people I really like, makes me very tired...I am about to go get some sleep myself, as it is another late night! I think I need more walking during the day to get me off to sleep. When I walk a lot and/or run I am asleep in 5 minutes (I am told!) but this summer I am up at all hours & on the computer (as you see!)

Have a wonderful weekend you-all and I will try to pop in, but who knows?!

Lidian
Closed Thread