Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 10:21 AM   #31  
Hot Stuff

ellis, I'm stuck to DH's leather computer chair. I want to get up and shower and go out, but I'm afraid I'll leave half of me behind, stuck to the chair. Hmmmm....that might not be a bad thing...
Old 08-06-2003, 10:52 AM   #32  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Thanks again!!!!!!

Wildfire-If that worked I'd go out and BUY a leather chair!!!! I think different people need different WOEs. Seems like what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for another.

Ellis-You mentioned that you were having a rough time sweetie.....is it the renovations or are you worrying about your Dad? Or something else entirely?
Let us know! (If you want to!!)
Old 08-06-2003, 11:43 AM   #33  

Height: 5'-2"

Geez, I'd want one of those chairs, too! I'd pay a thousand BUCKS for one!

Thanks, Den. It's the whole damned thing. Nothing MAJOR (well, Dad is major), just too much in one week. YOU know what I mean. In about two weeks I'll be able to have a nervous breakdown, but right now I don't have time. rush rush rush...
Old 08-06-2003, 11:49 AM   #34  

Oh Ellis - I'm sorry you are having a rough time...don't know what to say, but am sending you a big hug anyhow. Lidian
Old 08-06-2003, 12:04 PM   #35  

Thank you so much, Lidian.
I've been thinking about you and your DH, and saying prayers... hope you're doing okay. You're VERY important to us!
Old 08-06-2003, 01:33 PM   #36  

Ellis-I know EXACTLY what you mean!! Lots of big hugs from North of the border (Windsor anyway!!) Are you and DH planning a celebration today? I hope so!! That, and ruth's and SIL's visits will keep you busy, and hopefully worrying less about your Dad. Love you sweetie!!

Lidian-Hope things are getting easier for you too sweetie!!!
Old 08-06-2003, 03:09 PM   #37  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

People came out to play today.

Welcome back Wildfire (and happy early birthday too)! I think you should invent/market weight loss chairs. And I am with you on the Carb thing.

Thanks Ellis and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! I hope things ease up soon. And have a wonderful vacation too.

Lidian, I loved that description! It is lovely, isn't it? Hope things are going well for you too.

Things are a little less hectic today, but tomorrow is shaping up to be a different story.
Old 08-06-2003, 06:51 PM   #38  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

H A P P Y A N N I V E R S A R Y ELLIS AND DH!!!!

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 08-06-2003 at 06:57 PM.
Old 08-06-2003, 07:37 PM   #39  
Hot Stuff

Thanks, Squeak!

Happy Anniversary, ellis & DH! And a big ! Sending lots of good vibes for your Dad. When is the surgery scheduled?

I was thinking the weight loss chair could work something like waxing....but it might be too painful to rip your entire backside off at once...

MMM Mauvais the Chinese food sounds yummy. Maybe I'll tell DH that's what I want tomorrow. But just enough for dinner. No leftovers.
Old 08-06-2003, 08:07 PM   #40  

Wildfire, you are so honkin' funny... I'm so glad you're back. Promise you'll never leave us permanently.
Dad's surgery is next Thursday. I can't wait for it to be all over with.

Thank you for the anniversary wishes Wildfire, Squeak, Mauvais and EVERYONE! We had a good day. Right now our daughter and 3 of her WONDERFUL friends are making us a cake. I've never SEEN anything so ugly, but they are such darlings.

Oh my gosh, Den. I just re-read your post. I thought you meant that Sil was coming to visit! I'm so slow at times...
Old 08-06-2003, 08:32 PM   #41  
Hot Stuff

Awww, ellis...you like me! You really like me! Nah, I'm like the mold that grows in a shower....just when you think the damn stuff is gone, back in it creeps.

What sweet girls to bake you and DH a cake. You know that the lopsided homemade ones are the BEST! Baked with love!
Old 08-06-2003, 11:27 PM   #42  

Wildfire-JUST WHAT I NEEDED TO HEAR!! I washed the tub today, and NOW you say one day I'll have to wash it AGAIN?!?

Ellis-EEEEEK!!!! No, but I spoke to her on the phone today, and THAT'S bad enough!!!!
Old 08-07-2003, 04:55 AM   #43  

Yes, it was a lovely cake. An angel food, so at least it was no-fat. With berries and no-fat cream.

Den, I washed our big tub yesterday, too! I thought it was really dirty, and I bought this good cleaner with bleach... turns out it wasn't as dirty as I thought. I think it needs re-enameling or whatever the heck you do to claw-footed tubs.
(by the way, I thought you meant "Sil" from the SBD thread. )

Up at 4:30 to go to the bathroom. Started worrying about Dad, so I'm up for the day! Having a coffee and feeling a wee bit dizzy...
Old 08-07-2003, 07:36 AM   #44  
Hot Stuff

Den, well you don't HAVE to wash the tub if you can make nice with the moldies when they come to stay!

I swear the tub in our apartment is the orginal - 30 years old! There is NO enamel left on the bottom, so cleaning it is a real chore. Even Comet doesn't get it white again! I've finally started filling the tub with a couple of inches of steaming hot water and pouring 1/3 bottle of bleach in, then letting it sit for a few hours.

Damn, my oatmeal is runny this morning. I measured, too!

That cake sounds good, ellis! Very light and refreshing. Maybe a slice with your coffee would help with the dizziness?
Old 08-07-2003, 12:34 PM   #45  

Ellis, how are you doing? I'm thinking about you and your dad - the anticipation of surgery must be very hard - hope you can take it easy today..I was UP till about 4:30 so we had the night covered I guess! I just couldn't sleep until then, so I am going to have a nap soon. Have had the girls SWEAR they won't annoy each other while I am asleep!

Lidian
Closed Thread