Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 05:58 PM   #61  
Hot Stuff

Holy crap I'm beat. I've been chasing zebras ALL afternoon through an outlet mall.

My darling DD, who is living with my sister for the next year in Nova Scotia, decided she wanted her bedroom done in zebra print. No problem! Except it's freakin' hard to find zebra stuff! We ended up with a thick velour zebra blanket, bought a zebra fabric shower curtain she can use on the window...it has a valance and tie backs and was only $19.99!...some zebra placemats for her night stand and dressers, and some picture frames. I have to make her some funky pillows and pillow shams in black. Then pay a fortune to ship it all down to her.

Mauvais, have fun!

ellis and Lidian, while cleaning out DD's room here I found some of my original hardcover Nancy Drew books from when I was a kid. Gosh, I loved those books when I was young!

ellis, did you get any sleep yet?

Goddess Jessica, how is the doing nothing going? I've done pretty well at it last week, and have another week to perfect it before I go back to work.

Squeak, Den...how goes it?
Old 08-09-2003, 06:27 PM   #62  

Height: 5'-2"

Wildfire, sounds like a room that Mauvais would LOVE!! Very cool. I forget... how old is your daughter?
Yes, I just had a nice little nap, thank you.

Lidian, are you okay? You're not sleeping at night!! Are you worrying about stuff? Thinking about you, hon...

Hey Den, Mauvais, Jessica, Squeak, Virginia, and everyone else.
Old 08-09-2003, 10:02 PM   #63  
Hot Stuff

She'll be 16 on the 23rd, ellis. I don't know where she got the penchant for zebra....I'm totally a leopard person, myself.

And I must say, you look mahvelously refreshed after your nap!
Old 08-10-2003, 06:40 AM   #64  

Height: 5'-2"

Ah... that's Mauvais, too! Leopard girl!

We're off to Montreal for a few days. We've got friends watching the house, and we're taking the train down (a first for the children). I'll talk to everyone when I get back... love and hugs to all!
Old 08-10-2003, 10:23 AM   #65  
Hot Stuff

Sounds like fun! Hope you enjoy!
Old 08-10-2003, 04:19 PM   #66  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

The Zebra room sounds great! I actually just bought car mats and a visor organizer in leopard print for the car on Saturday.

We bought them at a discount store - the mats were $5.00 for a set of 2 and the visor was $1.99 - such a deal that I could not resist!
Old 08-10-2003, 05:59 PM   #67  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Help me Im meltinnnnnnggggggg!!!! It is so ooo hot and muggy here. I can not stand it. Blah! It rains all the time and is very muggy along with it. But on the positive side, I do not live in BC where it is tormented with forest fires. They are in a terrible state there. My heart goes out to them.
Just want to drop in and say hello, have a cake in the oven so I must go check it.
Luv y'all!
Virginia
Old 08-10-2003, 08:40 PM   #68  
Hot Stuff

mauvais, leopard print AND a great deal! Score!

Virginia...here too! Muggy, rainy, steamy today. Blah. Cake? What kind of cake?
Old 08-10-2003, 09:12 PM   #69  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

same weather report here and thunderstorms are apparently on their way!
Old 08-10-2003, 09:15 PM   #70  

Hi everyone!

Ellis, have fun in Montreal! And yeah, thanks, I got a good night's sleep last night...am a little stressed as usual - DH and I are seeing the family doc on Monday so that should get us and me individually, going on working on stuff..

We are going away for a week on Friday and I can't wait! The week-at-a-cabin thing, going to the beach, hiking, lying around, board games - you know! Very cheering and bracing and great!

Lidian
Closed Thread