Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2003, 11:54 AM   #16  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Happy pre-Birthday, Terri. I really think birthdays should be stat holidays!
Hey, Kelly! Cold enough for you? We are waiting for the "lad" to plow out our lane so I can go for groceries and a puppy visit. If I can get the battery compartment closed on the digital, I'll take pics of the wee darlings.
Old 01-03-2003, 02:12 PM   #17  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Terri
Happy Birthday girl! Hope you have a great one.
Old 01-03-2003, 02:18 PM   #18  

Height: 5'-2"

Happy Birthday, Terri/Punkin!!
(should I forget tomorrow...)

Have a lovely day!!
Old 01-03-2003, 06:11 PM   #19  
Is it Friday yet?

Thank you all oodles for the birthday wishes!!!!

My Lord of the Rings fanatic friend says I'm going to be an official adult tomarrow. Apparently 33 is "adulthood" for a Hobbit??

Ruth - I agree, birthdays should be holidays... I'm going to enjoy my birthday falling on a Saturday this year!

Well, phone hasn't rung in a couple hours so I think I'm going to make an executive decision and send myself home a 1/2 hour early!

Luff youz all,

Terri
Old 01-03-2003, 06:36 PM   #20  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

OI812-Sounds like the car was totalled. The insurance company hasn't given an official verdict yet, but the police told her it was probably a goner. (She was at a dead stop and the other driver was going 40 mph.....no skid marks)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TERRI!!!!!
Old 01-03-2003, 07:43 PM   #21  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PUNKIN!!!
Old 01-03-2003, 08:47 PM   #22  
Canadian, eh?

Happy Birthday, Punkin!

Too true that birthdays should be holidays. I *always* take my birthday off and self indulge.
Old 01-04-2003, 01:57 PM   #23  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PUNKIN!!!!!

Wanted to say.......HAVE FUN!!! ........on the day!!!!
Old 01-04-2003, 04:31 PM   #24  
Soon to be Sex Symbol!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PUNKIN!!!!!!!!

Well, here I sit at the computer, almost time for me to get ready for work. DH and I went to see DS play hockey this morning. He's in a tournament this weekend. Last night they lost 8-0 and today they lost 3-2. They play tonight again at 5:30 and DH will go to that one cause I will be working and won't be able to see it.

After that we went to Wal-Mart to see if they've re-stocked their shelves since xmas/boxing day. They haven't. So just got a few things that we needed and left.
We had lunch at this restaurant called Casey's. I really enjoyed my lunch. And the selection for lunch was huge! I behaved myself and ordered a Chicken Taco Salad which was absolutely wonderful. Can't wait to go back there and try out their dinner menu! LOL

We came back to town and went to PC and filled out the necessary forms to see if we can get approved for a pre-approved mortgage. She said we should here something back by next Wednesday. So keep your fingers crossed for us!

Well, I'd better get my butt off of here and get myself ready for work. I'll talk to gals in the morning!

Have a great night.
~Kelly~
Old 01-04-2003, 06:41 PM   #25  

Happy Birthday Terri! From Terri!

Hope it's a fun one!

Den, I didn't read the winter chat thread, but I hope your mom is ok? (thinking of you)

Since this the Lesbi friends thread, I have some good news to share.

The first baby of 2003 for the Washington D.C. area was born in the hospital up the street from my house.

It was a bigger news splash than usual because her parents are a lesbian couple. The news reporters kept asking for a photo of the baby with her mother - each woman asked "which mother?"

Seeing them together in the news story made me so happy and yet a wee bit sad. Sad because I know I will not have any more children and sometimes I wonder about it and because it reminds me of the side of my life that remains shrouded and lost - my bisexual side. Between parenting, my job, marriage, homelife, etc. it doesn't leave much time to go to any local activities for bi women in my area. I am lucky to have a couple biwomen friends in the area - but yes, monogamy issues aside, sometimes I miss having a girlfriend. Ok, I just had to get this out and say it somewhere where people might understand. I know some of you here are bi.......so maybe you can relate, I don't know. I just appreciate having a safe place to say it. Thanks for this place.

Terri
Old 01-04-2003, 07:50 PM   #26  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Happy Birthday Terri!!!

Old 01-05-2003, 06:52 AM   #27  
Soon to be Sex Symbol!

Barefootgrrl/Terri---I know exactly where you are coming from. I'm in the same boat as you girlfriend!
Old 01-05-2003, 08:00 PM   #28  

She's fine.....apart from two black eyes!!!
Old 01-05-2003, 08:47 PM   #29  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Hi there chickies!

Sorry I have been MIA more often then not. Hopefully that won't be the case any more. No really good excuse. Just feeling blah. Now it isn't quite as bad. Not great but not awful. More just kinda here. And even if I don't post, I have been checking the board 6 million times a day.

Christmas was good. It was a lot more fun now that we can get things for my nephew. He was just interested in trying to eat the wrapping paper. I got lots of kitchen stuff that I asked for. And a pizzelle maker. Also a ticket to see Phantom of the Opera when it is in town.

We also had the christening for the baby on the 29th which was nice. Lots of family the last week.

Work is insane. The next 2 days are really important. Then another big deal in about 3 weeks. No more overtime pay still, but that really doesn't mean much.

Last week I also took my mom in for a colonoscopy and an endoscopy. Colonoscopy was fine, but they found polyps in her stomach. They took biopsies, but the doctor didn't think they were anything to worry about. We got a lovely picture of them too.

The boy got blood work done last Tuesday to figure out why he has been so sick. He has a bump on his neck, and has been tired all the time. Every once and a while his vision gets screwy - white spots. I told him to tell me what they found as soon as he gets the results. Who knows if all of it is related or not. He just might have a virus. But I have been worried about him too. We talked on New Years day, and were both tired, sick and irritable. It didn't go so well. He called today to make sure everything was ok.
Things with him are ok I guess. Neither of us has really pushed for anything. Though when I saw him for Christmas, he had a glass & a half of wine. He is a very very cheap date and tried to get cuddly. While I sat in the chair he sat on the floor in front of me with his head on my lap, nuzzling my leg. But that was it - which took all of my strength. I know if I had wanted to do something, I could have. For the first time in over a year, we slept in different rooms.

The rest of the time I have been trying to get myself together. So far I haven't done *too* bad. Today I cleaned out my cupboards, and made a shopping list. Now I am just vegging and watching the Beatles on American Dreams.

Old 01-05-2003, 09:25 PM   #30  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Terrigrrrl
You can always chat here with me too. I know exactly where you are coming from, and if you have been listening to me go on and complain lately, you know where I am coming from too.
Bi-Bi girrrrl
Closed Thread