Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2002, 09:48 AM   #151  

Height: 5'-2"

hahahahahaha!!! They flashed you, Ruth!?!? That's hilarious!! Oh my gosh
My oldest friend got married in a castle in Scotland a couple of years ago. Her hubby wore a kilt. I never thought to ask if he was wearing anything underneath. I hope so. Imagine dropping pubic hairs on the lion-skin rugs in the drawing room?! BLAH!
You know honey, you may be older than the rest of us, but you're a **** of a lot more active than we are. You never sit still!!

Den, maybe you're right about doing it in Canada (sweet compliment re:the brains, however you'd be wrong. I'm totally reliant on YOUR brain!). I understand there was a bank heist in the States the other day and they shot the guy. With great justification, Americans no longer ask questions first and shoot later. You know that movie "The Inlaws"? With Peter Falk and whatisname. They lifted an armoured truck with one of those magnet thingys. And welded the guards inside the truck. Listen, once we've learned how to weld, we can do it!!! We just need one of those magnet thingys. Probably Ruth knows where we can rent one of those.

Mauvais, you're doing great on the stairs!! Good for you!! What are my snacks/guilty pleasures? Ha! Loaded question. BIG carbohydrate problem. (major slip up on Sunday... had 6 slices of WHITE bread toasted with real butter. Geez, it was good.)
Chips, popcorn, chocolate (bridge mixture/major problem). Crepes. I make a mean crepe. Chicken in white wine crepes, oyster crepes, ...
And when I make crepes, I figure there's no point in just making enough. I have to make at least double to make it worth while. And then I end up sampling a couple before the guests arrive (have to make sure they're edible). And then there are lots of left-overs afterward (I hope) and I'll eat 6 of them when the guests have left. And the remainder for breakfast the next day.
And a good turkey dinner is my favourite. That combination of turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing.... I could eat it forever... screw dessert.
Hey, good luck at the gym today, girl!! We want to know what you do.

Chris, 50 minutes of Pilates!? Good for you! I can't stand any exercise video that's longer than 20 minutes. I get so mad when it goes on and on. I start looking around the room wondering how I can redecorate it.

Yeah, Soozie... quitting French was a political statement. Good guess. My parents are British. No need to say anything more.
As stupid as I am for not learning French, I'm amazed at the people just across the border in Quebec who CAN'T SPEAK ANY ENGLISH!! That's just slitting your throat.
You know what I really like are those new Dorito chips. I think they're called Tostitos. They're round. The cheese ones. They're wicked.
Your kitchen must be a nightmare. It's going to be so wonderful when it's done, though. We stripped our kitchen floor a few years ago. It had linoleum atop OLD, thick, glued-down tiles atop hardwood. It took forever to chip away the tiles and melt off the glue. I whitewashed (pickled) the hardwood so it looks like new, unstained wood. I love it. And it's funny... at the time the job was so awful and took SOOOO long, but now we can barely remember the inconvenience.

DH is home today, so I'm going to take advantage of him and play the lame female. I need to cut 6 inches off the legs of a massive metal shelf that my dad made (welded) for me when I was a teenager. I'm taking it up to our bedroom in the attic, and it's too high for the ceiling. I COULD cut the legs myself, but... what the ****.

Hi everyone else! Shel, Squeak, Kat...
Old 07-09-2002, 09:51 AM   #152  

longer post later.... wanted to share this though.... from my best friend (the one i work with) in my mail this morning.... boy, does she have great timing.

A well known speaker started off his seminar by holding up a $20.00 bill. In the room of 200, he asked, "Who would like this $20 bill?" Virtually everyone raised her/his hand. He said, "I am going to give this $20 to one of you but first, let me do
this..." He proceeded to really crumple up the $20 dollar bill. He then asked, "Who still wants this bill that's all crumpled up?" Again, almost everyone raised her/his hand. "Well," he replied, "What if I do this?" And he dropped it and really ground it into the floor with his shoe. He picked it up, now crumpled and dirty. "Now, who still wants this dirty, crumpled up bill?" Still the hands went into the air. "My friends, we have all learned a
very valuable lesson. "No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value. "Because it was still worth $20." He went on, "Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way, and we may
begin to feel as though we're worthless. "But no matter what has happened, or what may happen, you will never lose your value: Dirty or clean, crumpled or finely creased, you're still priceless to those who love you. "The worth of our lives comes not in whom we know, it comes from WHO WE ARE. "
Old 07-09-2002, 04:12 PM   #153  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

HELLO!!!

Ruthxxx-Been missing you! Glad to see you here, no matter how rarely (sniff). You DO sound busy!! Ellis is right, you are more active than any of the rest of us!! Wish I'd been there to be flashed!!

Ellis-Pubic hairs on the rug? HORRORS!!! I'd want him reclining on the rug and I'd find out for myself if there was anything under that kilt!! Did I tell you I want DH to wear one? He'd look great, but NOOO!!!!! (Probably too afraid of how I'd react!! ) Have you found an increase in your sex drive since you reached your mid-thirties? I'm 44 now, and it shows no sign of decreasing, despite my meds (which sometimes decrease sex drive.) I keep on telling DH that I am going to have to put him on a beeper. I think he is starting to be scared of me.

Shel-Good quote, and I am glad you are taking it to heart! You are a wonderful woman.

I'll check back later (I should be polishing!!)
Old 07-09-2002, 06:03 PM   #154  

My gosh... don't tell my husband I'm supposed to be extra horny!! I dunno, Den. I know I'm supposed to be, but I think something went wrong. I'm tired. (remember, I've got a six year old) And I'm ashamed of my body. And I'm nervous. People (mostly six-year olds) keep dropping in on us at inopportune moments.
Hmmm, maybe if I were to go off my meds I'd be hot. I mean, not that I'm NOT!! Don't get me wrong!! But I'm still waiting for the big increase in desire. According to my mother (who should NOT be telling me about her sex life with my dad!!), 77 is a pretty damned hot age, too.
I've definitely noticed a decrease in old you-know-who, though. On the night of conceiving our six-year old, we did it 6 times. Hasn't been the same since.
Frankly, I can't believe you're talking about sex. You're overworked, aren't you. heh heh.
Uh huh... I can see your DH in a kilt. Hmmm, I wonder about mine...
Old 07-09-2002, 06:05 PM   #155  

Oh and Shel, that is lovely. You are the Queen of Quotes. Thank you!!
xo
Old 07-09-2002, 09:01 PM   #156  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hello everyone!

Well today was the first day in the"Gym from ****"...actually it wasn't as bad as I had envisioned. Wasn't meat markety although I was the only female there at the time and I got checked out when I first walked in the door but I ignored everyone and got on the rowing machine for 15 minutes(felt like the longest 15 minutes of my life ), then I swam for 1/2 an hour in the pool and sat in the hot tub for 10 minutes cooking like a lobster So day 1 of new exercise regime-tomorrow I will go back for more, or so says me today

Ellis, Ruthxxx, and Dentrassi- you dirty girls! Personally my sex life has gotten better with age, whoda thunk! Geeze Ellis... 6 times! I have never got past 3!
BTW we seem to have the same carbo/junk food addictions...I had a french toast craving on Sunday am but tried to be good by using oat bran bread to make it, it was actually pretty yummy.

Shel-that was a lovely and inspiring quote! I will have to jot that one down and keep it at my desk at work for when I am having a bad day.

Soozie, Tigger, Christina and Squeeker hope you are all doing well and taking care of yourselves

Goodnight Chickies!
Old 07-10-2002, 08:58 AM   #157  
the kid's counting on me!

arrrrrghhhh! I just deleted my note to you all before I sent it....
can't write now gotta get the kid ready for camp....
see you later
Soozie
Old 07-10-2002, 07:29 PM   #158  

HI EVERYONE!!

Ellis-6 TIMES!!! Okay, I'm jealous. Yup, the guys are past their prime. I love turning to DH after sex and saying, "Let's do it again." He just groans and says (in Southern Belle accent), "Us poor men folks just can't keep up with you women folks." Look, having a six year old is somewhat inhibiting. At this point I know that the kids would knock first!! In terms of body image: BEEN THERE!! But you know your hubby loves you, and isn't worrying about that like you are!! And YES! I'm overworked, in more ways than one!! Always am lately!!

Mauvairoux-Sounds like the gym is going well, and the stairs too!! A friend and I went to a gym for a while when we were about 19. We'd exercise for about 15 minutes and then spend an hour or more going back and forth between the sauna and the whirlpool!! I've got those carb cravings too. For me it is mostly deep fried salty stuff!! Or REALLY good bread, or a baked potato, or ice cream (if it has huge chunks of chocolate in it), or trifle or.......AARRGGHH!!

Soozie-I do that about once a week. Seriously! Ask Ellis, she always teases me about it. (She is SO cruel, but don't tell her I said so!!) How did getting jr off to camp go? Are you ready for kitchen rip out?
Old 07-10-2002, 07:54 PM   #159  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hello Fab Femmes!

Well I made it to the gym today again I used the rowing machine for 15 minutes and then tried this stepping thingy that is supposed to mimic climbing stairs...I couldn't get the darn thing programmed right and gave up after 5 minutes. Then I tried a machine that works like cross country skiing and managed that for about another 10 minutes. Felt kind of lame as a workout but then I realised that it was only my second day and that I power walked for 25 minutes from work to the gym, so hey I did better than I thought Tomorrow is a day off from the gym and then back to it on Friday and Saturday. It is quieter on Saturday so I think I will get one of the gym attendants to show me how to program the machines properly

My mini-goal is to lose 5 lb by August 1st and I have lost 1 so far.

DH is going to the gym with me so that is a big motivator, and he thinks I look hot in my bathing suit even if I don't think I do

Hope everyone is doing well and is staying OP.

Have a great evening!

*hey! I just notice that the number of posts I have made is the same as my current weight (155) it must be a sign from the gods of nutrition and fitness

Starting weight- 185 lbs
Current weight - 155 lbs
Goal weight - 145 lbs

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 07-10-2002 at 08:01 PM.
Old 07-10-2002, 10:54 PM   #160  

hello darlings!

You mean I win the sex contest? (you didn't know it was a contest, did you? )
Mauvais, you are doing GREAT!! You're going to have those 5 pounds off in no time!
How do you like being "checked out" by a roomful of guys? I suppose it would be worse if they DIDN'T check you out, but still... do you think they were checking out your brain capacity?
You hope we're "staying OP", do you? We're not even ON OP!!

Soozie, Den loses her messages WAY more than once a week!!

Listen, it's 11 at night, and my entire effing family is in here with me JUGGLING!! And squealing with laughter. I'm serious!! They're all juggling while I'm trying to type. I'm losing my effing mind!!! This is supposed to be quiet time!!!!
Back tomorrow...
xo
Old 07-11-2002, 05:24 AM   #161  
HW 195/CW 152/GW 125

Hi everyone, haven't been in much, well been here just lurking, no time to respond, just enough to be lazy to see what everyone is up to!

Ok let me start with the sex talk, (since that is more fun than dieting!) I am only 32, but with a 5 & 7 year old, it is worse than being young & worrying about your parents coming home early! Those darn little feet can come up those stairs quieter than a church mouse, of course these are the same children that get up at 6 every saturday & can't even get a bowl of cereal without waking the rest of the house! Then the fact that it is hard to...umm, perform should I say, when you cringe everytime DH runs his hand along the tummy! That is all getting better though with each week of some loss! Heck who knows maybe even in a month I will be daring & let him see me naked in the light, OK dim light, but light none the less!

Another hard week here! Was all happy yesterday, made it to 145, only 10 more to go to goal....today back up to 146! It has to be water though! 2 sodas & some fat Free Pringles at supper, gets me everytime! Hopefully it will be off in a day or 2!

Work today is walking the malls for 8 hours, so all that walking should help a little! Well better get moving if I want to do Pilates before everyone gets up! Have a good day everyone!
Old 07-12-2002, 05:24 AM   #162  
HW 195/CW 152/GW 125

YoooHoooo..Anyone out there?????
Old 07-12-2002, 09:56 AM   #163  
the kid's counting on me!

Hey Girlies, Hope to send this without deleting first. Den, just consider me your prodigy!!!!
Ellis, your best friend who married in Scotland...any chance her name is Madonna...you're not holdin out on us are you...a private concert would be nice...and asking us to imagine dropping pubes on the lion-skin rug..
must we ??? You know how refined we all are...

Chris girl, maybe you shouldn't be getting weighed everyday. Once per week at the same exact time would probably be more efficient. What do the rest of you ladies do ?? I try to just do once time per week, every Saturday morning, in just a t-shirt, before breakfast, after pee.....once and awhile I jump on mid-week...getting weighed everyday can make you crazy because our weight naturally varies...up and down a few pounds, so it would be unusual for the scale to remain constant each day...what do you think??

Mauvais, I'm inspired...keep going...10 minutes on a new piece of equipment at the gym is great...really...155 is a beautiful number, I love the sound of it...
Hope you make the 5 pound goal.

Den, was it you who said the you think that you husband is starting to fear you!!!! That really made me laugh.

Shel, thanks for that quote, I loved it and told you so in the message that I deleted !!!

Ruth, see what you started with the kilt talk, you got them going...

Hey Kat, are you still away...when you come back you'll see that we were thinking of you. You'll have alot of reading to do...

My update,
haven't been to the gym this week, have been doing well with my eating, the contractor confirmed that they're starting on Monday, we decided to keep our old fridge because its fairly new but if we were replacing it I'd ship it up to you in Canada, Ellis.
My friend came and I didn't even think once about my size, and she looks exactly the same as she did when I met her a zillion years ago, she's tall, thin, blonde, Nordic looking, its genetics, can't begrudge her that, we really enjoyed watching our kids play together, it was fun. Shame they live all the way in California but we resolved to get together again next year, when they come in to see the Grandparents.

Talk to you soon lovies, Soozie
Old 07-12-2002, 12:30 PM   #164  
HW 195/CW 152/GW 125

Soozie, Good for you for just enjoying your time with your friend and not fretting about the wieght! Just think of her reaction when she sees you next year and you are thin & even more beautiful than you are now!

I know that I should only weigh once a week! It is like an obsession though! I actually weigh every morning in the buff & then again at night just to see. I never worry or get excited about that weight knowing it is never accurate, but still do it! Plus I am using the Diet Power software, that adjusts your calorie budget daily based on what you ate the day before & your weight change from the day before. Weighing once a week kind of sends it out of whack. Well I need to get back to work, just finished lunch & STILL HUNGRY!!!
Old 07-12-2002, 04:05 PM   #165  

Hello!!!

Christina-I agree with Soozie about weighing once a week. (For me it is NAKED, after peeing, before breakfast!) If you HAVE to weigh every day you should try not to let it get to you so much. I got so addicted to weighing all the time that when my scale broke I just didn't replace it for two years!! Now it doesn't bug me so much (could be the meds though!!)

Soozie-Yep! It was me who said my hubby fears me. He also pouts at me. If you can imagine a guy with a 5 o'clock shadow (HEAVY) batting his long eyelashes at me over his glasses, while sticking his lower lip out, you have a good picture of him. His family are all nuts. They REALLY weigh themselves too much. They are naturally slender, so they don't have the same scale fear. His mother likes to run up and weigh herself after Thanksgiving dinner to see how much she gained in that one meal!! Other than her weight she is great though! Glad to hear that you had fun with your friend. It is hard when they live so far away.

Ellis-Juggling? Your family sounds like lots of fun!! We all went out for Thai food with my parents today. My 12 year old ordered a dish with squid done medium (which at this place was medium +.) The waitress was very surprised by his order, and even more surprised that he ate it all!! (Okay, except the eggplant, which I ate!)

Mauvairoux-GOOD FOR YOU!! You are exercising like crazy and losing weight!! I need to get serious again. I have NOT been exercising, and my eating patterns have been TERRIBLE lately. The only good sign was that today I couldn't finish my dish at the restaurant. Brought it home for breakfast though!!

Ruthxxx, Shel, Squeak and Kat-HOPE YOU ARE ALL HAVING FUN!!!
Closed Thread