Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2002, 06:44 PM   #256  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Wow!

A whole forum for us! Niffty.

Yes I am rejoining the world of Alternachicks. No more RL interuptions hopefully, at least this week.

Things have been a little nuts and I also needed a day or 2 to just completely chill out and re-group.

Work is nuts. I have inhereted a project I slightly worked on last year. I was told "put these numbers there" and that was it. Now my boss thinks I am an expert on it. I have NO freakin' clue how it works. I only helped the person out who used to work on it, and she wasn't thrilled I was helping. I didn't get much information. And the person who worked on it has since left our dept. Plus my other major project is still chugging along. I am still the only developer. But I have gotten about 100 out of the 200ish programs done. But of course the criteria for the reports and which ones they even need is changing weekly. But since I am not offical lead - I don't get told of the changes. But the lead is out for at least a month, so we will see. I still dont want the project so I just keep my head down, and mouth shut, and program. Most of the time I don't have the brain power, or sometimes even the desire to play on my computer when I get home.

Sister #1 (there are 2 - a 22 yr old and a 15 yr old) is ready to give birth "any day now" as her doctor said. And oh my is she HUGE! But she actually has been a much easier person to get along with the last few months. She needs to stay pregnant.

Skipped Wingstock (a cool Buffalo food fest featuring chicken wings) - and went to a baseball game instead. I probably would have been better off at Wingstock. I had a hotdog, fries, ice cream & a soft pretzel But the Bisons (the home team) won. Woo hoo!

Other then that, I have been doing ok plan-wise. I have actually stuck to writing down what I eat for over a week now. And the last 2 days I have committed myself to 10 minutes of exercise. Plus I scrubbed my kitchen yesterday which was a workout in itself.

Oh - and with all the Ottawa vs Toronto stuff - while I have never been to Ottawa I actually like Toronto. I spent 2 weeks there for training in May/June. And I am driving up there Friday with Sister#2 to see The Hip. It is only about an hour & a half away. I am going to take her to the Hard Rock Cafe for lunch and maybe stop in the Eaton Center for a bit. I took the whole day off, so I might as well do something else fun before the concert.

How is everyone anyhow???

Chris - Did you get to stay home? It is much more fun then going to work

Den - How did you like the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame? Was the specail exhibit still John Lennon? That whole place is a blast!

Ellis - I am with you on the challenge thing - I will do it but I am not very good at keeping my goals, so I will but I am going to be quiet about doing it. And keep going, you Tai Bo woman, you!

Mauvais - Are you excited about your trip? How long are you going for?

Soozie - The kitchen all done yet? I hope so, along with all the funky wiring problems.

Ruthxxx - I am glad you at least partialy have your life back!

Shel - I love all your fly by posts. You seem very upbeat.

Kat - How are things???

Thats all from my way too damn hot apartment for now.

squeak

<-still love that guy
Old 07-29-2002, 08:06 PM   #257  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Evening everyone!

Squeeker-glad to see you back! I am so looking forward to my trip. I will be in Milwaukee for 9 days, whee

I just posted a big blurb about our thread/forum, there seems to be some confusion about Alternachicks. If anyone one else wants to chime in their feelings feel free and I hope no one is offended by what I said, I was just speaking for my self and my reasons for starting the thread in the first place.

Catch you later! (love this guy too)
Old 07-29-2002, 11:32 PM   #258  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

HI ALL!!! Just how many of us ARE menstruating right now? I know that this has happened with women I've lived with, but i never even dreamed that we'd get in sync over the net!!!

Mauvairoux-I really was offended by what you said, and am awaiting an apology. Seriously, what is there to be offended by? Listen-does your husband have a "day job" or is music his only job? DS#1 is talking about music as a career, and basically i told him that not many people "make it" so he needs to be prepared to have a second source of income or be willing to suffer for his art!! (One friend of ours learned to make guitars and violins and does that around performing.) This could all be a moot point, as in the past year he has wanted to: 1) go in to environmental sciences, 2) join the diplomatic corps, 3) be a social studies teacher. Actually, it is pretty exciting being that age and having so many choices!!!

Squeak-YES!! The Lennon exhibit was still there. It was wonderful, although parts of it made me want to cry. The whole museum was fun!! I want to go back, and next time get the 2 day passes, so that I can see more and do it more slowly too. ALL of us liked it, including my Mom!! The kids were great. I told them they could pick something out in the gift shop (CHEAP like!!) DS#1 chose a Zappa CD, and DS#2 picked a George Clinton EP (YES!! vinyl!!) They both are talking about going back again. Next time I have to take hubby though, 'cause he was too sad being left behind......(funny, when my Mom and I took the kids to Frankenmuth he didn't mind missing it!!!) (He now insists that I clarify...my sweetie is a John Lennon devotee, and would very much like to see the exhibit. I know he'd love the whole museum. Except for the Pop Idol section...PUKE!!!) Okay, we also went to the Hard Rock Cafe there, so I have now been to TWO of them with my mother!!! We were at the Hard Rock Cafe in Toronto in the late seventies.....

Ellis-HEY BABY!!!!! HOW YA DOIN'? Has your new refrigerator arrived yet? My toenail is a lovely variegated burgundy with grey undertones. Understated yet insouciant. Ripe and pungent with possibilities. With a delicate plum-y aftertaste. At least that's what the doctor said. (He SAID he was a doctor anyway.) We also went to the Science Center while in Cleveland. DS #2 LOVED it (he's REALLY into computers and all things technical. He MAY be the first person in our family to get a career making serious money. Unless he sticks with his idea of starting a business in our basement creating video games!!) He used to tell me he wanted to be just like Bill Gates, but luckily he has outgrown that. He's strictly a Mac guy now, and helped my sister's sweetie pie pick out her new system!! He is always trying to convince everyone to go with the latest biggest Mac with the flat screen. Just wish our income fit with his desires!! (Or mine for that matter!!)

Ruthxxx-Glad to hear that the fair is all over except for the screaming, AND that you survived it!!! Hope this means that you will be able to come post more often!!! I think it calls for a SCOTCH!!!!

Christina-Hope you got your day off!! Hey, we all need mental health days every so often!! Don't wait for your daughter, just DO IT!!

Shel-Either that or they want us off where we won't bother anyone else......
Sounds like you have been feeling happy!! You have been doing lots of dancies lately. Fun and good exercise too!!!

Soozie-Hope you are having fun at the seaside!!! Hope ALSO that there have been no more nasty surprises with the remodeling.

Kat-Let us know how you are sweetie!!

Colleen and Kahuna-Are you still here?

Hey, are we going to have an official weigh day with this challenge, or be more private about it? I'd like to hear when you each lose weight, 'cause it helps get me motivated too. I did a lot of walking in Cleveland, but ate a lot of good food too!! I need to get back into walking here AND cut back on the food. Did pretty well today though!!
Old 07-29-2002, 11:46 PM   #259  

Kat -WE MOVED!!! Click on Top of Thread, and DO NOT click on Buddy Up. Instead look below that for Alternachicks.
Old 07-30-2002, 08:22 AM   #260  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! Great to be back to alleged normal!

Worked at the Office for a good part of yesterday cleaning up the last dregs of money. The Bank called - they could not open my night deposit bag from Friday so the $18K was still not in our account! Sheesh! I told them to cut open the damned bag and get that money in there as I have mega-cheques coming through!

Yesterday had its own crisis! A worried mother called to tell us her daughter (15) had run away with the carnies! The Midway rides and workers left town at midnight Sunday - some of them going to Lombardy, some to Napanee and some to North Bay. Our cops are on the job and have notified the other cops to be on the lookout! How the heck are they going to find this girl? She has tattoos and a shaved head which means she will not exactly stand out in the world of the carnies!

Hotter than **** here today. Our AC is running but not blowing cold air! Time to dig out the fans like the Olden Days! It must be awful in the cities where the air quality is rotten too.

Hey - can I start a new thread for August 1? Any suggestions for the name? Alternachat? Alterna*****?

I'm also in on the Challenge for September 15. Now that we have our own Forum we can start lots of threads - Scotch drinking 101 comes to mind.

Hey Mauvais and Ellis - Let me know what Saturday morning we are gonna Dim Sum.

Tubby time! Have a great day everyone.
Old 07-30-2002, 09:04 AM   #261  

Height: 5'-2"

Cute, Den. How the heck is Kat supposed to read your instructions when she doesn't know where we are?
Your "doctor" sounds like a perv. What else did he do with your toe?
Listen, tell DS#2 that; while he may love Macs, he'd better get a PC if he plans on playing any of those computer games.

Ruth darling, aren't you a moderator? Doesn't that mean you're supposed to be staid, sober, and politically correct? What the **** do you mean by all this swearing?
Oh, yeah... Dim Sum... Mauvais... when are we meeting with Ruth?

Squeak, I like Toronto, too. I was just *****ing because it so hot. There really are some pretty neat things to see there.
You're going to be an auntie!! Lucky you! You've got a 15 year old sister? Geez, I'm ancient...

Is everyone else lost?

My fridge is coming today. I've taken off one front door so the movers can get the old fridge out and the new in. What if I have to take off the frame, too?!?! Why do I get the feeling that my house was built around this honkin' big fridge of ours.
Old 07-30-2002, 12:53 PM   #262  
Cute & Fluffy

Popped in here to avoid eating a HUGE amount of chocolate. I just have to keep reminding myself work isn't *that* bad.

Ruthxxx - Personally I like Alterna*****

Ok - gotta try and figure out what in the **** the stupid programs on my desk do.

squeak
Old 07-30-2002, 01:08 PM   #263  
HW 195/CW 152/GW 125

OK I think that I am confused I know...no one is surprised by that in the least! I don't usnderstand, I couldn't find you guys for awhile Now I am here, but I think I must have missed something, because frankly none of what I just read makes any sense....I know you still aren't surprised. Anyway, I am just going to join in now & pretend that I know what the heck is going on!

I didn't get to stay, little monster said she felt just fine when I asked! We did leave late, I didn't come in until 10AM, just had to make sure that she really did feel fine!

Well today it is official! I have lost 40 pounds! Or as my DH likes to put it, a 5 year old! (My daughter weighs 40 pounds too!) When I say 40 pounds I am impressed with myself, when he says a 5 year old, I am disgusted that I was ever big enough to lose that much! I just laugh & say "yeah, but I carried that 5 year old well!" Anyway, then the day got even better! I went to look for a new pair of shorts that I could keep to wear & look good in for my Daughters Birthday Party in early September. I really wanted to wait until I could see what looked best for that exact day. Well I started to look today (I work in the mall management office, so I shop everyday!) Anyway, My friend noted that I better get them now since they are getting scarce & will not find any even Mid August, so we went on the search! I found 1 style left that I liked! I COULD WEAR THE SIZE 6!!!!! I haven't worn a size 6 since Jr High! OK granted, they are probably running bigger than they did 20 years ago & these are also probably a larger size 6, since everything else I have is 8s & 10s...but I don't care....THEY ARE A 6! I asked if it would be OK to wear them inside out so everyone could see!
Well now that I have shared my news I guess that I need to get back to work! See you chickies later! Have a great day!
Old 07-30-2002, 02:53 PM   #264  

HI!!!

Ellis-OKAY SMARTYPANTS!!! The post shows up on our old site too, so she'll see it there!!! (Besides, you know how much I like inconsistency, so posting a helpful guide on the wrong site should make sense to you!!) I lied about the doctor. The toenail really is disgusting, but it is no longer infected and I haven't seen my doctor since before the trip. She never said any of those things. I was just trying to be disgusting. Hope all the refrigerator delivery gyrations are going okay!!! Hey! Congratulations on that one pound loss!! That is great!!! I gained a pound on vacation, but considering the way I was eating that is not so bad!! The walking must have helped. DH and I did get out for a short walk today. I need to build that back up again, but it felt good to get moving.

Christina-Congratulations on that 40 pounds lost!! That is a major accomplishment!! That is also 160 sticks of butter!!! About being confused.... don't worry, that is a perpetual state for some of us!!

Squeak-NO CHOCOLATE.......NO CHOCOLATE........NO CHOCOLATE!!!!!! Besides, if you do, I may have to too!!! Hope things chill out at work!! Too bad you couldn't avoid the project. Is that the one you were talking about earlier?

Ruth-I agree with Squeak. I kinda like ALTERNA*****. Speaks to me on many levels.... HEY!! I like Scotch 101 too!!! How many carbs in a shot of single malt anyway? So a 15 year old ran away with the carnies, eh? I'd be having a fit if I was her mother, but what exactly are you supposed to do about it? Hope all the loose ends tie up soon and tie up NEATLY!!! I bet you are glad it is DONE!!!

To the rest of you-come on and post!!!!
Old 07-30-2002, 06:41 PM   #265  
Cute & Fluffy

CONGRATS CHRIS!!!!!

Ellis - Did the fridge fit or is it now stuck in the doorway?? (ok that is just an evil thought)

Ruthxxx - Hopefully you will find the girl. And while I know this is a serious thing it just seemed so funny that someone actually ran away to join the circus. Ok carnival, but I never actually thought someone would really do such a thing.

Mauvais - How many more days? Are you all packed? That should be a fun time.

Den - My mom has decided she got something on her shirt from the Rock Hall so we will just have to go back so she can get another one. We all loved it. I don't know how long the exhibit is there for. Originally it was only suppose to be until October of 2001, so we went last Sept. It is defintaly amazing to see, though the glasses he was wearing when he was shot were very hard to look at. I may have only just turned 3 when he was killed, but I am also a John devotee.

And sorry you may have to eat some chocolate.

I blew 420 cal on a piece of cake called Chocolate Confusion, but I did hold out until 2:45. Thats when I figured out I had what I thought to be a massive problem. It may not be quite as bad as I thought, if certain decisions are made the way I think they are going to be. If not, then I have to learn a programming language I don't know in order to fix the programs, or bug the one person who does, who already has enough other stuff to do. If this whole budget project does take up lots of time my Canada project, which is the one I have been working on, will fall way far behind. The biggest problem is if I am stressed out enough, I start eating everything not nailed down.

And sorry girls, I am not in sync with the whole cycle, mine isn't for another 2 weeks. But I am on the pill so it never changes timing to fit with others.

To everyone else - come out, come out, where ever you are.......

squeak
Old 07-30-2002, 06:48 PM   #266  

Default cheezit! Major editing job... how did anyone decipher THAT!?

I got my fridge!! la di da...
cheeze... what a ***** of a job. The two guys turn up... first guy looks at my old fridge (they have to remove it) and says, "Gee, nobody told us it was a BIG fridge." What the **** is that supposed to mean?! And then he says, "It doesn't have wheels on it. I've never seen one without wheels before. We might scratch your hardwood floors." Duh. Don't you have mats, you idiots?!
Okay, so they take the doors off it and take it outside. Then they're man-handling the new one in. They get it into the little front hall and BINGO!! It doesn't fit through the inner door. To cut it short, I finally told them to leave it there in the hall and I would remove the door frame. Which I have just finished doing. With my trusty saw.
Oh, and listen to this... one guy says, "Your husband's gonna freak out when he sees where we've left your fridge."
Uh, sorry honey... I'm not married to that kind of guy!! I have a husband who is NOT an ******* and who does not freak out!!
Anyhow, my fridge is plugged in and is in the kitchen. It's NOT in place, however. I have to clean the floor first. Actually, my DH is going to clean the floor when he gets home, because there is a dead mouse back there. blah.

Okay, party at Ellis's house!! Fridge is ready!!
xo
gotta go look at my fridge again.

ps CHRIS, congratulations!!!

Den... YOU smartypants!! Hey, you only gained a pound! Good for you!

later darlings...

Last edited by ellis; 07-30-2002 at 08:28 PM.
Old 07-30-2002, 06:50 PM   #267  

oh, squeak.... there you are...
GET YOUR PERIOD NOW!!!
xo
Old 07-30-2002, 07:12 PM   #268  
a work in progress...

HI! Thanks ellis for showing me the way...I can't stay and play now, getting ready for a "Dinner Date" with hubby...it's our 19th anniversary, but if he comes in and sees my unshowered keester sitting in front of the computer...I don't know if I'll see 20!

Will check in later or probably tomorrow when I can read everything and get to know everyone...

see ya!
Old 07-30-2002, 07:32 PM   #269  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hi everybody!
(Hi Dr. Nick! sorry I watch too many episodes of the Simpsons)

CONGRATULATIONS KATRINA! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Ellis-you got a fri-idge! You got a fri-idge! good lord! Us alternachickies could have done a better job at moving your fridges than those two! tweedledum and tweedledee were there names I presume?

Chris-congratulations on losing the 5 year old

Squeeker- only 4 days until my trip! This is so cool, the hotel we are staying at has a hydrotherapy spa and a waterslide park inside it! I am so packing my bathing suit, cellulite be damned!

I started a weigh in thread for us if anyone wants to post-optional of course!

I was wondering if anyone wanted to start a food journal thread, exercise thread , or products we like/recipe thread? We don't have to post obsessively, just when we want to or feel the need to.....So, who is going to start the Scotch 101 thread?

Umm... maybe Alterna***** could be our venting thread

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 07-30-2002 at 09:47 PM.
Old 07-30-2002, 08:38 PM   #270  

where am I?

Didn't I post and congratulate Chris? Where the **** am I?!?!?

Oh, wait a minute.... I know where I am!

NO!! I don't!! I thought I just congratulated Kat in Lesbians...
oh gawd...
Closed Thread