Height: 5'8"

Walk with dog, 1 hour
B-3 egg Omelet green peppers, tomato, onion, mushroom, red beet
S-Apple
L-Potatoes, Green Beans, Zucchini, Mushrooms
S-Banana
D-Veggie Schnitzel with Spinach/Ricotta, Baked Onion Rings
Walk with dog, 45 minutes.

Wow, Dee, your DH seems to care about you, but just goes about it somewhat in the wrong way. Perhaps this week will go by more smoothly for the both of you. Good luck.

Last edited by Corinna T; 05-18-2015 at 05:18 AM.
Old 05-18-2015, 05:33 AM   #527  
Focus & Determination

S/C/G: 158.5/143/125

Smile Passion Fruit Tropical Skewers

I haven't tried this recipe yet, but it looks delicious.

Vegetarian Times, January/February 2015 p.68

Makes 4 skewers This juicy accompaniment is so simple and so delicious. If you can find fresh passion fruit, try adding a bit of the pulp to the glaze after it cools.
  • ½ cup passion fruit juice
  • 1 tsp. agave nectar
  • ¼ small pineapple, cut into 8 1-inch chunks
  • ½ small mango, peeled and cut into 8 1-inch chunks
  • 1 small banana, peeled and cut into 8 chunks
  • 1 kiwifruit, peeled, quartered, and each quarter cut in half
1. Bring passion fruit juice and agave to a boil in small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer until mixture is reduced to 2 Tbs. Cool.
2. Thread 1 piece each of pineapple, mango, banana, and kiwifruit onto each of four skewers, then repeat so each skewer has 2 pieces of each fruit.
3. Drizzle glaze over fruit, gently turning skewers to coat all sides.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PassionFruitTropicalSkewers.jpg (30.2 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Corinna T; 05-19-2015 at 06:12 AM.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:05 AM   #528  

S/C/G: 226.4/224.4/175

Height: 5'10"

Corinna - love the recipe. I think I would take it a step further and put it on the grill for a minute or 2. Sounds yummy!

Dee - it almost sounds like your dh is trying to sabotage your diet. Stay strong!

Yesterday:
B - oatmeal
L - ham sandwich
S -banana
D - roast beef and veggies
Old 05-18-2015, 08:44 PM   #529  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies-Back from my trip. I had a wonderful time but now it is time to get back to the weight loss effort. Unfortunately, I picked up a cold virus so I have not felt up to getting back to the Y yet. I have however left vacation mode behind and I am back to sticking to my personal eating rules. Mine are to avoid sweets, bread and pasta, alcohol and eating out (generally considered bad calories unless planned and not very much), eat lots of fruits and vegetables and keep total calories under 2000 and total bad calories under 200 each day. Today total cals were 1980 and bad cals were 160.
Old 05-19-2015, 06:16 AM   #530  
Focus & Determination

Run/Walk for 1 hour with dog
B-Seeded roll, hummus, and mixed lettuce
S-Banana
L-Broccoli, pumpkin, mushrooms, zucchinni
D-Pumpkin & Leek Ravoli
S-Yogurt Apricot balls, small chocolate bar (while watching Mad Max Fury Road with my husband)

Renee-good suggestion about the recipe. Skewers go on the grill.

Terapet-welcome back!

Last edited by Corinna T; 05-19-2015 at 06:17 AM.
Old 05-19-2015, 06:44 AM   #531  
Focus & Determination

Smile 5 Ways to Create a Better Day-to-Day Reality for Yourself

We all pray for simple ways to make our quality of life better, and in reality, it’s an inside job. We have to do the work ourselves and the more we incorporate healthy practices of the mind, body and spirit into our lives, the more simple, positive and flowing our lives become. Here are 5 Healthy Daily Routines to start working towards creating the life you truly desire.

1) Let Go!

Have you stopped to think about what kinds of things in life you are holding onto that are no longer necessary?

Sit quiet for a moment and ponder. We all have things in our lives that are simply no longer relevant to our current circumstances, our lives and where we want to go. These could be anything from relationships, jobs, negative thought patterns or outdated Belief Systems (or as I like to call them old BS).

They could be continuing to show up as bad habits, allowing ourselves to enter negative situations, fear of all kinds of things, judgements of self and others and for so many of us, it’s self-sabotage. These things can be like a broken record, playing over and over, getting us nowhere until we take notice and make a conscious decision to let it all go!

All of these things keep stuck energy and unnecessary weight, slowing us down and our rate of movement towards ascension. While there are valuable lessons in every corner of our lives, it’s time to learn them and move on. So, let them go if it’s not serving your highest potential, make space for new things to show up and watch the miracles manifest!

2) Get Present

How often are you actually present in the current moment? This is a big question. One we may have to remind ourselves to pay attention to day after day, week after week and month after month until we actually train ourselves to be present.

So many spiritual teachings tell us that the now is all we have, and this is true. You can’t be in yesterday and you can’t be in tomorrow, you can only be, right here and right now. This is the only place you can truly live your life. Yet we spend so much time in our heads, reliving the past and fantasizing about what the future may hold.

So, why not get present? Really, it’s the place to BE. To be yourself, to be out of worry, projection, longing and sorrow.

Here’s a few ways to start practicing presence.
  • Start with the breath. Mindfully breathe, I mean really breathe. On average, we only use 15% of our lung capacity. Feel the the sensations in your body and clear you mind. Come into the present moment, become aware of our body. Where are you? What can you see, hear, taste, smell and touch. Take notice of your surroundings and continue to breathe, all the way down into your toes. This is the quickest and easiest way I know to get back to center and get present.
  • Meditate. Even if it’s only for a few minutes every day, it teaches the mind to settle down and take a back seat to the Spirit inside of you. Tap into your Spirit and make friends, it is your closest ally and you have it available at all times.
  • Listen, I mean really listen. Pay attention when you are engaging in conversation with others. So often we are thinking of what we are going to say next or some story we want to tell that relates to what they’re saying. Instead of focusing on what you want to share, stay present and available and watch people light up and share more. Be genuinely interested and ask questions. Take yourself out of the equation sometimes and just listen. This creates better relationships and a deeper understanding of the people you choose to spend your time with.
3) Focus on the Positive

Could you focus on only the positive in life for a full week? It seems nearly impossible, right? At some point, there would be some negative thought creep in about something. Well, we can train our minds to focus on the positive and start having weeks a lot closer to this ideal.

We spend so much of our brainpower focusing on what is wrong, could go wrong or what needs to be fixed that we give away our creative power. You are a powerful creator and what you think about, you bring about. So, focus that masterful energy on what you most desire in life and not what you don’t want and you’ll open more doors for yourself, bringing more magic, creativity and serendipity into your life.

One small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day.

Here are a few ways to tune your focus to the positive.
  • Give yourself credit for things you’ve done, how far you’ve come and what you’ve learned. Basically, talk yourself up, give yourself high fives and be your own cheerleader. Have an internal conversation with yourself about the things you have overcome and how you did such a good job at that thing you did, whatever it was.
  • Do things that you’re good at and enjoy doing. Revel in your greatness. Many of us have been taught to be humble and while this can be a beautiful quality, it can cause us to feel shame about really allowing us to openly feel good about ourselves giving ourselves credit for being accomplished and useful.
  • Choose to see the positive attributes in the people you surround yourself with. When we focus on the positive, that is naturally what we are going to continue to create more of in our relationships.
4) Practice Extreme Self Love

You, yourself, as mush as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection. -Buddha

Above all, be loving and caring towards yourself. Treat yourself the way you would your best friend or a special guest in your home.

Remember, you create your reality. Often times, we’re much harder on ourselves than we would ever be on anyone else. Practice extreme self love by thanking yourself for the little things you do to take care of yourself on the daily.

Stop and take a moment to give yourself some praise for doing the things you know are good for you. When you know you drank enough water for the day to detox and hydrate your body. When you choose fresh food over prepackaged or fast food, when you work that willpower muscle and get yourself off the couch to go for a walk or hit the gym.

Have you given up a bad habit or a toxic relationship. Thank yourself and tell yourself, “Great job Self! I love the way you take care of me!” When you flood yourself with feel good emotions, it slowly creates change in your brain chemistry which make it easier and easier until it’s a natural state of being.

Give yourself little thank yous and good jobs along the journey of life and you can create a sweet, loving relationship with yourself like you would have with a loved one.

5) Give Yourself Permission to Shine

Let that sparkle out! You and only you can bring that special magic you have inside of you out into the world. So give yourself permission to put it out there and shine!

We have been taught throughout our society to not shine too bright as not to make others uncomfortable. There are many things happening to change this old BS (belief system).

For instance, if you have ever watched any shows like American Idol, The Voice or So You Think You Can Dance, you will see people shining and shining brightly. There are hundreds of thousands if not millions of people watching, rooting for them and encouraging them. Many times we watch these individuals having to break through their past BS of not shining too bright. It can be a scary and sometimes painful transition for them, but once they really allow their uniqueness and greatness to flow, they transform, becoming more confident and they start excelling even more at their craft. This shows what this can do for a person. So, try it, shine bright, and encourage others to do so too! Be the best, most authentic, truest version of yourself and watch your confidence and self appreciation grow, naturally tuning you into greater self love and creating a better day to day reality.

You can become a positivity generator and make your day to day life a better place through where you place your focus. Become mindful, be conscious and turn your inner and outer world into a better place to Be.

You got this! So much Love and Gratitude.

(http://www.vegfriend.com/profiles/blogs/5-ways-to-create-a-better-day-to-day-reality-for-yourself)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MyReality.jpg (32.8 KB, 3 views)
Old 05-19-2015, 06:53 AM   #532  

Yesterday
B - oatmeal
S - banana
L - ham sandwich and ice cream
S - grapes
D - chinese stir fry with rice
Old 05-19-2015, 10:52 PM   #533  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Windy & cold 50's here today. Yesterday it was 76°, crazy spring.

Today=
B= spinach, watermelon smoothie.
L = protein bar.
S= 3 skinless, baked chicken thighs w a potato.

Yesterday Dh brought me Reeses p. b. cups after work again, I ate 2 & then I skipped eating supper w Dh That bothered him.

Today Dh did Not buy me candy, so we ate supper together. He loves me & he doesn't mean to hurt me.... husbands

Girls, Thank You for your support, you're absolutely wonderful Dee
Old 05-20-2015, 05:51 AM   #534  
Focus & Determination

Walk with dog, 1 hour
B-seeded roll, veggie strips, mixed lettuce
L-potato, carrots, walnuts
D-Veggie patty, avocado, rice chips
S-Sesame snack
Evening walk, 30 minutes

One day at a time......
Old 05-20-2015, 05:57 AM   #535  

Yesterday was DH birthday...so I made him his favorite meal. It was good

B - oatmeal
S - banana
L - pb & j sandwich and hard boiled egg
S - grapes
D - salad, lasagna, garlic bread and triple fudge cake

I was very, very bad............
Old 05-20-2015, 05:59 AM   #536  
Focus & Determination

Default What Happens To Our Body When We Lose Weight?

If you are following a special diet regimen, we bet that your final goal is getting a perfect body in a natural way, and not ending up too skinny and sick. You may find it difficult to do, but proper and balanced diet will sure help you get a nice body line.

How does your body understand special diet regimens?

Temporary Situation

If you want to lose some extra pounds, then you probably have excess fat on the most critical parts of your body, including your thighs and stomach.

During The Diet

If you have already chosen a diet regimen that you find acceptable and effective, then you must be aware of the fact that every diet regimen is followed by certain rules that you must follow if you want to get the results you expect.

You have probably heard the theory explaining how you should not consume certain foods, such as carbohydrates if you need to lose some weight. What we are trying to explain to you is that by doing so you will sure lose lots of muscle mass and eliminate large amount of water from your body.

This kind of ‘starving’ will sure cut off some pounds (as shown on the scale), but the problem will not disappear – you will still be stuck with all the fat deposits.

After The Diet

After you have finished with the diet regimen all you will get is weak muscles that are smaller in size, and at this point they do not burn calories. This stimulates your body to store even more fat.

The yo-yo effect takes action at the same time as your body stops eliminating the same amount of water as it did before. This can be easily confirmed by anyone who has followed a special diet regimen, as each of them has already experienced that condition.

You should always keep in mind that certain diet regimens can sometimes do more harm than good to your body and overall health. And it is not only the physical appearance – strict diet regimens are often followed by a number of psychological states such as disappointment, fear of future failure, giving up on the idea to lose weight and others.
If long lasting results, vitality and energy boost are your goals, you better forget about regular and ‘popular’ diet regimens and make sure your diet is balanced and rich in all the nutrients your body needs.

Source: www.healthyfoodstar.com via Healthy Food House

(http://www.vegfriend.com/profiles/blogs/what-happens-to-our-body-when-we-lose-weight)
Old 05-20-2015, 06:04 AM   #537  
Focus & Determination

Renee, don't be to hard on yourself. You sound like a good wife to me. It sounds like it was a very nice birthday. Plus I don't think you ate the whole cake!
Old 05-20-2015, 08:02 AM   #538  

S/C/G: 85/83/60

Height: 156cm

getting back into healthy eating again now and I'm feeling really good about it this time instead of dreaming of transfats.

B-2 boiled eggs with pepper and a glass of warm lemon water
L-Asparagus soup
D-Chicken vege stirfry
S-Pineapple and banana popsicle
Old 05-20-2015, 09:26 AM   #539  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Hi all,

It's chilly here in Ohio, especially for late May. I've been going up and down weight-wise, under 170 one day and over this morning, but it's probably due to some high-sodium foods I ate yesterday (cabbage rolls - yumm). I still want to lose a bunch before a wedding in late July so really have to buckle down now!

I've ordered a bunch of mulch and will be spreading that in the yard for the next week so will get in some pretty good exercise. Things are crazy here as my son will be leaving for CA for an engineering internship Friday morning. :-(

Last edited by WebWoman; 05-20-2015 at 09:29 AM.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:23 PM   #540  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

This cold is kicking my tush! Still have an appetite though. total cals 1850, bad cals o.

Renee-The b-day dinner sounds delicious-of course you ate it. Yum.

Dee-glad things are coming around with DH.
Closed Thread