Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 06:20 PM   #511  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Menu for today:
Breakfast: coffee with milk, banana, cottage cheese
Lunch: salad, grapes
Dinner: chicken, corn, green beans, almonds

Corinna, I only couldn't eat the first month during chemo. At that time, I developed a problem with my lips and throat, because of the chemo. Then they gave me steroids, which made me hungry all the time. So, I really don't have non appetite issues anymore. I can eat any time of the day. LOL That's why I'm here...to keep accountable.

Dee, love your avatar.

Renee,

I might not be here for several days. Gotta go back to the hospital tomorrow. My LDH numbers were too high.
Old 05-15-2015, 05:55 AM   #512  

S/C/G: 226.4/224.4/175

Height: 5'10"

Tyla - hope you are feeling better soon!

Yesterday:
B - oatmeal
S - banana
L - ham sandwich
S - apple
D - spaghetti and veggies
Old 05-15-2015, 07:16 AM   #513  
Focus & Determination

S/C/G: 158.5/143/125

Height: 5'8"

Tyla-sorry to hear that. We enjoy your company. We will miss you. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Dee-glad you like the quotes.

Renee-you are doing good with your diet!
Old 05-15-2015, 07:37 AM   #514  
Focus & Determination

Smile How to Stay Committed to Losing Weight

Previously Published in Tampa Bay Times
Dr. Rodriguez July 18, 2012

There are many reasons people fail at weight-loss attempts. But many of my patients admit that their biggest problem is this: They cannot keep the commitment they made to themselves.

They may start a new diet and exercise plan, and even feel psyched to lose weight. Yet they give up, regain the lost weight (plus a few more defeating pounds) and have to start all over again. That is, whenever they can muster the emotional energy to renew their commitment.

Millions of people lose millions of pounds each year but fail to maintain the healthy lifestyle that lasts for life. Why is that?

Perhaps too much focus is put on the weight-loss portion of the equation, rather than the lifestyle changes necessary to achieve long-term success. Watching the numbers drop on the scale is exciting; keeping them down may not be.

But just being tired of the roller coaster doesn’t mean you know how to stay off it.

This type of commitment requires a few important steps:

Easy does it: Diets cause weight loss, not the means to maintain that weight loss. That’s especially true for rigid, quirky diets. Nobody can subsist on cabbage soup or boiled eggs indefinitely. Sooner or later, the dieter falls back on the behaviors that led to the weight gain in the first place.

So make sure you enjoy the food you’ll be eating and the exercise you’ll be doing during your weight loss, because you should plan on doing it (with minor variations) for the rest of your life. After all, who wants to waste time on something that’s destined to fail?

Roll through the rough spots: Rough spots are a part of life, so we need to accept that fact if we want to stay committed to our fitness intentions. Difficulties are inevitable; the question is how we deal with them. Be realistic and do the best you can while remaining as relaxed as possible. The tough times will pass and you can get back to normal soon.

Bench the judge: Let go of harsh judgment about your performance with weight loss and fitness. Punishing yourself is the quickest way to get derailed and lose commitment. Focus on praising yourself for your efforts and achievements.

Be real: There’s no room for perfectionistic expectations in life because life isn’t perfect. So, trying to be perfect at weight goals is a waste of time and will only get in your way. If goals and expectations are realistic, staying committed becomes possible.

Be a perpetual student: We learn more from our mistakes than we do from our successes. Therefore, we shouldn’t be afraid to make mistakes or to face them. People who ignore mistakes tend to repeat them more than those who try to learn from them. The key is to own your mistakes, not beat yourself up over them. The art of commitment involves studying mistakes in order to reduce them in the future.

In the end, commitment to a healthy lifestyle is like commitment to a good marriage. A good marriage isn’t perfect. But the positives outweigh the negatives, and should be the focus. Difficulties need to be addressed in a constructive manner in order for the marriage to stay healthy and for the partners to stay committed — happily.

Being committed to a fit life is not supposed to look perfect either. It has its ups and downs, but by accepting those and continuing on, we can maintain the commitment.

Commitment is also not about willpower.

It’s about sensible, logical thinking about ourselves, and our behaviors. It’s about staying relaxed and positive, learning from experience and focusing on getting better rather than being perfect. This kind of commitment is possible, enjoyable, and it can last a lifetime.

(Source: http://fatmatters.com/how-to-stay-co...losing-weight/)
Old 05-15-2015, 07:50 AM   #515  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Wishing each of you will Have a HAPPY, Healthy, Safe weekend girls.

Tomorrow we're going to a semi-annual Amish flea market held on 10 acres, I'll b getting my 10,000 steps & I skip their homemade food.

Old 05-16-2015, 06:19 AM   #516  

No change this week....

Yesterday:
B - oatmeal
S - banana
L - ham sandwich
S - apple
D - taco salad
Old 05-16-2015, 07:45 AM   #517  
Focus & Determination

I gained this week and too many pounds to say.

It is what I deserve after eating everything in sight for the last few days.

I turned into a vacuum cleaner and just sucked it all in, non-stop.

I am not happy with myself right now. I need to get this under control and quick.

I thought about psychoanalyzing my behavior and the root of it all, but my alter ego is being very controlling right now. Is this really me? "Yes" she says, "haha, sit back and hang on tight". What's the deal with her anyway.

Morning will come soon enough and then I will have to confess to my weaknesses and ask for help.

This is one situation that I will not be able to handle alone.
Old 05-16-2015, 07:58 AM   #518  
Focus & Determination

Smile Quiz: Are You Ready to Commit to a Healthy Diet?

Are you ready for a new life? Some diet plans urge you to “get started right now” regardless of what else is going on in your life. The first step of the EatingWell Diet, on the other hand, is to make sure you’re ready to commit to the healthy changes that will ensure your success. Are you ready to commit fully to eating better and exercising more? Find out and take the quiz.

(http://www.eatingwell.com/nutrition_health/weight_loss_diet_plans/eatingwell_diet_challenge/quiz_are_you_ready_to_commit_to_a_)
Old 05-16-2015, 09:16 AM   #519  

Corinna, we are here for you

You can do this! We can do this! Today is a new day! One day at a time!
Old 05-16-2015, 11:12 PM   #520  

S/C/G: 85/83/60

Height: 156cm

Hey everyone, I'm doing the type of shame today...

The last 3 weeks I lost all self control. My brain does not even care about all my birthday plans coming up in June/July and how disgusting I look. 3 weeks ago I would have had a fighting chance of looking at least a little bit better. Now I may lose 1 or 2 kg by then if I'm lucky, which is all the more depressing.

So this is my first day back on a diet.. first days are always brutal. I've been trying to have a "first day of the diet" all freaking week.. But today IS the day. it's just so hard to fight the cravings. I feel like I can't leave the forum or I will do something terrible.

Tyla - Good luck with the chemo, even if you are too weak to get on the forum, know that everyone is thinking of you xx
Old 05-17-2015, 05:36 AM   #521  
Focus & Determination

Run 10km
B-seeded roll, hummus, mixed lettuce,banana
S-Almond/Apricot Yogurt bar
L-Veggie Patty, Peas, and 4 Dates.
S-Veggie Taco Salad

Day 1 for me. Thanks Renee. One day at a time.
It stinks getting older. The body just doesn't work as good as it use too.
However, it's reality. So I need to cherish what I have while I have it.

Fresh, we will tackle this from day 1 together.
The forum thread keeps me on track. I found that out the hard way.
I think you will find it useful tool. Keep with us! We can and will do this.

Last edited by Corinna T; 05-17-2015 at 05:36 AM.
Old 05-17-2015, 05:42 AM   #522  

Finally got some much needed rain

Ladies - we are in this together and we will win!

Yesterday:
B - oatmeal
S - banana
L - ham sandwich
D - spaghetti and veggies
Old 05-17-2015, 06:01 AM   #523  
Focus & Determination

Smile Fat-Loss Facts: 7 Common Dieting Mistakes

by Karina Baymiller
Last updated: Jul 23, 2014

Fat loss is a long, slow journey. It's made even slower by dieting errors. Don't fall into the same traps that I did! Read my mistakes, learn from them, and your fitness goal will be a reality much sooner.

Whether you're just starting out on your journey toward a bangin' new bod, or you know the ins and outs of health and fitness, you've probably made some mistakes in your nutrition. When it comes to shedding fat, we often fall into a trap hoping we are doing the right thing. In reality, we may be doing ourselves more harm than good.

There's a lot of nutrition and diet information out there—it's easy to get lost in the mountains of tips, rules, and new terminology. For all you know, "Paleo" could be a new type of deadlift. When I first started trying to lose weight, I had no idea what I was doing. I read what I could and made a lot of errors. And though making mistakes and learning from them is part of the process, you can make the road a little less bumpy with some good information. Here are seven mistakes I've personally made. I want to share them with you so your road to fat loss is as smooth as possible.

1-Buying "Fat-Free" Food

If you find yourself buying food that's labeled as "diet," "fat-free," or "sugar-free," drop the package and run the other direction immediately. Many people see these buzz words and assume that what they are buying must be healthy. In reality, these words usually mean the food you're about to purchase is anything but healthy. Stick with fresh, whole foods with minimal ingredients.

When food companies remove a nutrient like fat to make a food "fat-free," they have to add something back to make it palatable. These flavor-boosting ingredients generally include a hodgepodge of chemicals you can't pronounce, refined carbohydrates, and ample amounts of sugar.

Together, these additives can be detrimental to your fat loss goals. Stay away from the processed, packaged, and pre-made foods. Stick with fresh, whole foods with minimal ingredients.

2-Not Eating Enough

If you want to lose fat, the first logical step is to cut your calorie intake, right? It makes sense then, that the more calories you cut the more fat you lose. Wrong! Seriously cutting your calories may work for a short period of time, but your metabolism will slowly shut down and eventually come to a screeching halt.

If that's not bad enough, when your caloric intake is too low, your body begins to use your hard-earned muscle as fuel, a process known as catabolism. If it happens, it could further hinder your fat loss. I realize that eating more sounds counterproductive to a fat loss goal, but trust me, more food is usually better. If you cut your calories too much for too long, you're not going to see results.

3-Going to Extremes

We live in an all-or-nothing world. For a lot of people, dieting is definitely no exception. I've heard it all: "You have to eat 10 times per day for fat loss!" "Make sure you get 600 grams of carbs." "Never eat fruit or dairy products." "You need these 30 supplements to be successful." Sure some of these things may work for some people, but whatever happened to the middle ground? From my experience, going to extremes got me nowhere but right back where I started. If you cut your calories too much for too long, you are not going to see the results.

If you're in this for the long haul, like you should be, remember that balance and moderation are keys to your success. My suggestion: Start somewhere in the middle. Slowly add or subtract until you find the right balance for you.

4-Hopping on the Latest Fad Diet

If you've tried The Hormone Diet, the cabbage soup diet, the 3-Day Diet, the Blood Type Diet, or some crazy juicing thing, you need to listen up. Fad diet advertisements try to suck you in by presenting the "latest research" and showing stories of success. Generally, fad diets work. But, they only work for a short period of time. When you go back to normal life, don't expect your body to join you.

The majority of these diets proves unhealthy, extreme, and shouldn't be practiced for an extended period of time. I always tell my clients: "Don't do anything you can't or won't keep up for the rest of your life." Healthy eating should be a lifestyle change, and unless you see yourself eating cabbage soup everyday for the rest of your life, stay away from fads.

5-Clocking Out (and I Mean All the Way Out) for the Weekend

I've been guilty of this on a few occasions. OK, you caught me—it happens almost every weekend. A cheat meal is perfectly fine, and can be beneficial mentally, and physically. But if you clock out at 5 p.m. on Friday from both the office and your diet, we may have a slight problem. Stuffing your face all weekend with everything you didn't eat during the week will not only slow your progress, but binges can stop progress.

Stuffing your face all weekend with everything you didn't eat during the week will not only slow your progress, but can stop it. Sometimes, it can even completely reverse what you've worked so hard for. Depending on your goals and progress, one cheat meal, sometimes two, is usually OK. Get back to eating your healthy foods as soon as possible. Don't allow your cheat meal turn into a free-for-all cheat weekend.

6-Ignoring What Your Body Tells You

Believe it or not, we have hormones that regulate functions telling us we're hungry and when we need to stop eating. When we stop listening to these signals and eat right through the "I'm satisfied" zone and speed into the "I'm stuffed" zone, problems like obesity happen.

On the other side of the coin, eating on such a rigorous and inflexible schedule voids these hormonal signals as well. Sometimes, we get so caught up eating exactly 300 calories every three hours that we forget to listen to what our body is saying. I'm not saying throw everything you know out the window and stuff your face all day long, but when is the last time you really stopped and listened to your body's hunger signals?

Are you hungry when the clock strikes every three hours? Are you so hungry you could eat the paint off the walls? Are you still hungry when you finish your meal? Experiment with relying on your body, not the clock to tell you when to eat. You may be surprised by what you learn.

7-Forgetting to Live Life

Do you find yourself obsessing over every gram of broccoli you put in your mouth? Do you eat tilapia and asparagus at least four times per day? Do you have a panic attack if you can't eat "Meal 4" exactly 2-1/2 hours after "Meal 3?" If so, it may be time to stop, slow down, and breathe. Don't let the quest for health become an unhealthy obsession.

Call breakfast what it is—don't say "Meal 1." Go out with friends, eat a piece of chocolate; listen to your hunger signals. Smile, relax, and have fun. Don't forget to live your life! (Source: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/fat-...-mistakes.html)

Last edited by Corinna T; 05-17-2015 at 06:02 AM.
Old 05-17-2015, 06:08 AM   #524  
Focus & Determination

Talking Stuffed?

What....who has been stuffing their face?!?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Stuffed.jpg (42.4 KB, 2 views)
Old 05-17-2015, 11:55 PM   #525  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hi girls
My scale has been up & down 2# every week for over a month
My dh has been my problem, he keep buying me my favorite candy bar or cookies daily on his way home from work. If I leave it setting on the table or kitchen island in the evening, he picks on me for not eating it for his thoughtfulness to me until I eat it.
I told him beginning Monday/tomorrow my supper will be SOUP every day that he buys me sweets after work & I will cook a separate supper for him on those days.
He understands me now about how 'serious' I was all those days that I said No more sweet snacks for me.
When I buy fruit for my sweet snacks Dh eats them up instead of dividing half.
I'm sorry to say that I'll have to have a private area for my own fruit snacks now so he doesn't take them to work & put my fruit on the break table to share like he frequently has done.
He seems to feel if I want fruit, I can drive 6 miles to buy it, but if he saw me eating it he'd eat it.
Some ppl eat junk food privately, looks like I'll have to do that w my fruit until Dh quits being a piggy. He's 50 yrs, 5'9" & weighs 170#, he never gains weight.

Sorry for venting about Dh, tomorrow will b interesting to see if Dh buys me candy after work. I'm planning my 5 soups for my suppers this week

I'll b back for personals on Tuesday night & tell you if Dh is respecting me about my food

to Everyone
Closed Thread