Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 06:06 AM   #391  

S/C/G: 226.4/224.4/175

Height: 5'10"

Dee - I am so happy for you! Hopefully someday they will find a cure for cancer. Continued prayers for your husband. Oh, I drink water with all my meals. We have a wonderful well with great tasting water. I don't count calories. Just healthy choices and portion control. For me it's all about a lifestyle change I don't like to count calories

B - oatmeal
S - banana
L - sandwich and mixed tropical fruit
D - leftover chicken stirfry and strawberries
Old 04-19-2015, 06:18 AM   #392  
Focus & Determination

S/C/G: 158.5/143/125

Height: 5'8"

My weigh-in shows I am steadfast at where I am. I was hoping for a small change, but not this week, perhaps next.

Terapet-sounds like your scale is getting ready to budge and show some of your hard work. Hopefully, after your efforts this weekend, it will show more promising signs.

Tyla-you're staying committed. Good work! Hope you enjoy your weekend.

Dee-Welcome back and congratulations!! That's wonderful news that the biopsy showed no signs of cancer. Scares like that really do make you reassess your life and identify what is important. I hope you enjoy camping and gardening this week. As far as the stuff I post, I find it on the internet or it is just stuff I run across here and there. Some of the stuff I have read before, but there is usually some little nugget that may be new or contains something I would like to share with the group. Thanks for the feedback. Oh, and I am a water drinker. On rare occasions I drink some tea, but water is my drink. That is why I haven't listed it.

Run with dog.
B-Seeded roll, hummus, mixed lettuce
S-Banana
L-Mixed vegetables with pasta
D-Taco Salad
Walk with dog

Well I will be away from the Internet this week. Expect to be back next Sunday. Taking off on a vacation with my husband and doing some traveling. I am excited about it. Hope you all have a great week!

T
hink thin to win!!
Old 04-19-2015, 06:34 AM   #393  
Focus & Determination

S/C/G: 158.5/143/125

Height: 5'8"

Smile Water: The Drink of Choice with Any Diet

Water is a fantastic way to fill the gaps between meals. When your mouth wants to be busy, say around 3:00 in the afternoon when dinner is still a few hours away, a cold glass of water can help take your mind off of the snacking habit.

What’s wrong with soda or diet soda?
Scientists and health advocates blame soda for a wide variety of ailments ranging from tooth decay to diabetes, even cancer. The reason is simple: beyond high-fructose corn syrup, which is pure sugar, the remaining ingredients are chemicals. What about diet soda, you may ask; it doesn’t have any sugar. True, instead it has more chemicals and many scientists believe that these chemicals and artificial sweeteners in particular need to be studied more thoroughly. There is a general consensus among those in the medical industry that artificial sweeteners play some role in the epidemic of obesity in the world.

Not happy with water?
Many people don’t like to drink plain water. Like many healthy goals, it helps to make small changes. If you drink two cans of soda a day, replace one of your cans of soda with a glass of water and try that for a few weeks. Once you’ve got the hang of that, you can replace the other can, too. To make your water more palatable, why not add a slice of fresh citrus to it (like Dee ). Or consider drinking the flavored and carbonated water that is now available at most grocery stores. Take care to make sure that the water has no additional sugar or artificial sweeteners. Mineral waters, carbonated or non-carbonated, also offer an appealing alternative.

Coffee and tea without added sugar or milk, also offer a midday alternative to snacking. Be careful to keep caffeine intake in moderation. Too much caffeine can make you jittery and affect your adrenal glands, which can interfere with your hormonal balance and contribute to insulin resistance and weight gain.

Alcohol is primarily a carbohydrate and will contribute to weight gain rather than weight loss. Additionally, it may inhibit your decision making abilities and make that bag of chips and greasy burger look even more tempting.

When it comes right down to it, water really is the best thing for your body. It hydrates your cells, cleanses your body and helps you lose weight, and it helps you stay healthy and feel better.

(Source: https://www.fitwatch.com/blog/water-...-with-any-diet)
Old 04-19-2015, 06:41 AM   #394  

Corinna - have a wonderful vacation!
Old 04-19-2015, 08:46 AM   #395  

S/C/G: 85/83/60

Height: 156cm

B- coffee with light milk no sugar and mundella yoghurt
L- optislim shake
S- vege soup
S- fruit n nut mix
D- tofu stirfry and 2 spoonfuls of shepherd pie
S- pineapple and apple
ex- none as I work 24 hours on a Sunday as a carer
I could do situps but I didn't want to.

corinna how will we make it through the week without your amazingly motivating posts haha Have a fabulous holiday

Last edited by Fresh Feeling; 04-19-2015 at 08:48 AM.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:23 AM   #396  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Corrina We will miss U, bring back a pic of U w your dh for us to envy, of your vaca I just said a prayer for U & your dh for safe traveling & lovely memories.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:40 AM   #397  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

Bad Calories-870. Not so good-but delicious. Today will probably be awful also-kids are coming over for DH's birthday celebration.

Dee-good news about your results and your new lease on life so to speak. I weigh my self daily. It kinda helps to keep me in line. My "bad" calories are the extras I consume which I perfectly know are not a good idea. Yesterday was due to wine and garlic bread-more than one serving of each!

Fresh-I am very impressed about four days without wine. I hate to admit I usually only make it two days. Perhaps I can make it three days this week. And yes, I track this also in an attempt to improve my record.

Renee3-Congrats on your loss. You are doing great! Thanks also for the encouragement. I will try to be more deserving of it. Not today though. I will attempt to keep things to a minimum but it is very unlikely I will do well. I will aim to keep the total calories down but they will all be bad!
Old 04-20-2015, 06:17 AM   #398  

Dreary with rain here. I will need willpower to stay away from mindless snacking today

Have a great day everyone and stay focused on your health!

Yesterday:
B - oatmeal
S - banana and graham cracker
L - PB & J sandwich and hardboiled egg
S - apple and grapes
D - Beef stew and tropical fruit mix
Old 04-20-2015, 09:32 AM   #399  
Sandee

Good Morning chicks I'm going to get honest w my eating & begin logging my food here like you'all do. Maybe on the days I embarrass myself, it will Make me eat better more often :

Renee ~ I know U won't eat badly today w the blah weather, your meals yesterday had lots of good protein. We live in the country & also have good well water, my Dh works in a factory & he daily takes 2 gallons of our water to share w the guys that sit @ his break table & he makes their coffee w it.

Terra ~ I hope your scale moved down for U Belated HAPPY Birthday wishes to your Dh one of the few times a year that we have a genuine right to enjoy desserts & celebrate

Fresh ~ Hi, your meals r really good for a healthy, fast weight loss I'd like to b able to include tofu in my meals but I can't. My Dh's oncologist said w my family risk of me getting cancer I should not eat any Soy foods or drink Soy milk because of the estrogen in it. Wow great job doing your situps

Yesterday
B... a plum
L... hard salami & potato chips
S... cucumber slices
Supper... chicken sandwich w romaine, tomato & pickles
S... 2 big homemade chocolate chip cookies
Old 04-20-2015, 10:57 AM   #400  

B-mundella yoghurt
s- raw choc ball
L- heinz tomato soup
D- sundried tomato chicken and pasta
S- raw choc ball

Not the best choices but the next support worker coming in to relieve me from work this morning was sick so I stayed for another 24 hours and had to get my mum to drive passed and drop me off some meals haha
Dee - One of the many things I love about this thread so far is being able to post my daily food activities I think it definitely has helped me maintain decent eating habits and it's a good thing to be "shamed" on the bad days 'cause for me normally, it's almost like.. if no one saw me eat it, it didn't happen! So I think this thread is the bees knees.

btw I actually said I COULD do sit ups, but I didn't feel like it. Hearing your applause for efforts made me wish I did though haha
Old 04-20-2015, 08:56 PM   #401  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

bad calories-380, ex-60 min step class at the Y. Better on the bad calories today. Total cals-2145-higher than I want to be. I will keep working at it.
Old 04-21-2015, 06:15 AM   #402  
Sandee

Monday's food
B... plum
L... taco supreme w sour cream, regular taco
s... 2 bags of peanut butter M & Ms
S... I had a headache & I didn't eat the rest of my day.

Activities... shopping errands all day, my body ached all day I think from the cold rain in the mid 50's temps; dropping from Friday, Saturday in the mid 70's. My energy & mood was zapped.

My hair is touching my shoulders again, & today/Tuesday I'm getting a chin length bob for the summer so I don't have to use clips to pin it up or wear a ponytail all summer. Change is good

Girls we can do this
Old 04-21-2015, 06:25 AM   #403  

Ladies, here is some to help you thru your day........

Yesterday:
B - oatmeal
S - banana
L - ham sandwich and hardboiled egg
S - apple and grapes
D - sausage, rice and veggies
Old 04-21-2015, 08:44 AM   #404  

B-mundella yoghurt
L-optislim shake
D-sundried tomato chicken pasta
S-apple
ex- 160 cals on the crosstrainer

I have lost 1.5kg which I'm stoked about. I just wish fat wasn't so hard to eliminate! It's*amazing how all the effort you put into one week will burn a mere 1kg on average, when really you feel like you should have lost a lot more !
Persistence will pay off though
Old 04-21-2015, 09:32 AM   #405  

Feeling Fresh way to go!
Closed Thread