Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 05:58 AM   #451  

S/C/G: 226.4/224.4/175

Height: 5'10"

Everyone is doing wonderful this week...keep up the good work ladies!

B - oatmeal
S - banana
L - chicken salad sandwich
S - apple
D - beef noodle casserole
Old 05-01-2015, 08:28 AM   #452  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Good morning,

Corinne, I love the "No More Excuses" post. I've really been watching what I eat and record every bite in a diary and have lost a little more. I've been drinking a lot of coffee and water and that seems to help, too. Often when we think we're hungry we're just thirsty.

My nose is still sore but I'm back to work now. I'm very congested as it's not healed all the way and that makes it difficult to breathe, but she said that will get better in the next couple of weeks. I'm just glad the surgery is behind me!

Looking forward to walking with the group tomorrow morning as I haven't done much physically since the surgery.

Have a great weekend!!
Old 05-01-2015, 01:57 PM   #453  

S/C/G: 242/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Corinne.....you found me! Yes, South Island of New Zealand! Waving at you across the Tasman. It looks like you are vegetarian? I am vegan. I loved the no more excuses post. Thank you.

WW, I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. I hope the stuffiness goes away soon.

Yesterday
Breakfast. Porridge
Lunch. Beans on toast (no marge)
Snack. An orange.
Supper. Home made vegan pizza with wholewheat base
Another snack. Date and walnut scone.

Exercise. Walked 10km.

Auto
Old 05-01-2015, 03:24 PM   #454  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Autodi...

Forgive my ignorance, but how long is 10 km and how long does it take you to walk it? We generally walk 5 hilly miles on Saturdays and it takes about an hour and a half...Always feel good after it's over.

Andi
Old 05-02-2015, 04:51 AM   #455  
Focus & Determination

S/C/G: 158.5/143/125

Height: 5'8"

Morning walk with dog, 1 hour
B-Seeded roll, cheese, mixed lettuce
L-Cereal with Yogurt
S-Sesame Snaps
D-Pumpkin Seed bread, hummus, mixed lettuce, cheese, veggie bacon
S-Frozen banana slices

Renee-No weight loss for me this week. I guess it is time to jump start this body with something different. Good luck to you.

WebWoman Andi-every little bit counts. Good job! Sounds like you may be bit swollen still from the surgery. Nice to hear it has not put a damper on your positive attitude.

Autodidact-yes, I'm a vegetarian. It will be 20 years in a few months. Good on ya for being vegan!
Sounds yummy-walnut and date scone.
Been perfect weather here now for walking. I plan to do a long walk/jog tomorrow morning with a friend. Did you have nice weather for your walk or did you have rain?
Old 05-02-2015, 05:04 AM   #456  
Focus & Determination

Smile What You Do Is Who You Want To Be

The Difference Between
Who You Are and
Who You Want To Be is
What You Do

And what you have to do
to get where you want to be
may not be pretty or may not come easy.....

There are two categories of people,
those who want more and those who settle for less.
When it comes to fitness if you don’t aim for more you will get less.
The higher your goals the greater will be the benefit.

(http://www.caloriesecrets.net)

AIM HIGH
Old 05-02-2015, 06:14 AM   #457  

No change for me this week...I think too many carbs...I will do better next week!

B - oatmeal
L - ham sandwich and hard boiled egg
S - apple
D - pork roast and veggies

Have a wonderful week everyone!
Old 05-02-2015, 06:52 AM   #458  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

The wedding is next weekend and I only lost three pounds. Oh well. I am happy that I am on the road to recovery so to speak. I have a weekend get away planned for the end of May so perhaps I can lose a few more before then.
Old 05-02-2015, 07:30 PM   #459  

Terapet: congrats on the 3 pounds. At least the 3 were in the right direction!

Andi: 10km is about 6 miles, and I usually walk it in about an hour and a half, if I don't stop and chat too much. It's flat though, estuary and beach. I do do hills..have just started again, but it's trails so hard to know the distances, so I generally go on time for those.

Yesterday, eating was fine. But I did not run, or even walk. I did , however, go to A and E TWICE! Once with my 18 year old who burnt his arm on the grill (you would think a boy of 18 could manage a domestic grill....) and then again with a neighbour boy. He is also 18 and a friend of my son. Mum was at work, she is an intensive care nurse. He went to soccer practice and got kicked in the face. His 14 year old sister called me and said she thought it might need stitches. I went round, took one look at him, and set off to A and E for the second time that day! Concussion, fractured cheekbone, and 6 stitches. His eye is going to be OK though. His mum met me in A and E and took over, so I could go home. He spent his observation time for concussion in intensive care, in the nurses station!

You would think the boys could have managed to coordinate things a little better, so I would have only had to go the once. Both boys are fine now though.

Yesterday. food
Breakfast: porridge
Lunch: left over pizza with salad and avocado
Supper: pasta and sauce
Snack. Another scone
Extra snack at hospital. Lara bar

No exercise.

Auto

Last edited by autodidact; 05-02-2015 at 07:31 PM.
Old 05-03-2015, 04:59 AM   #460  
Focus & Determination

Morning jog, 1.5 hours
B-Two fried eggs, two veggie strips
L-Cereal with Yogurt
S-Tunnocks
D-Veggie Schitzel, Seeded roll, mixed salad, avocado
S-Sesame Snap
Evening walk with dog, 1 hour

Renee-keep with me, let's try to make some progress this week of at least one pound disappearing for each of us. I realize I need to make some changes to see some progress made.

Terapet-having goals keeps you focused. You may not have reached your initial goal, but you made some progress. Keep at it. Good job at losing the 3 lbs!!

Auto-wow what an eventful day you had! Glad to hear that both boys are doing fine now. If I had been in that situation, I don't think I could have eaten much at all. Yes, scones, the best are blueberry!

Last edited by Corinna T; 05-03-2015 at 05:01 AM.
Old 05-03-2015, 05:10 AM   #461  
Focus & Determination

Smile No Pain, No Gain

No, your legs aren't that tired.
Yes, you can breathe.
Keep Going.

Muhammad Ali once said:
“I don’t count my sit-ups; I only start counting when it starts hurting because they’re the only ones that count”.
Do more and overcome your strength and abilities; give it all and you will be rewarded.

(http://www.caloriesecrets.net)

Last edited by Corinna T; 05-03-2015 at 05:12 AM.
Old 05-03-2015, 11:23 AM   #462  

Busy planting the garden....I think Summer has arrived!

B- oatmeal
L - hard boiled egg and soup
S - apple
D - small steak sandwich
Old 05-03-2015, 03:26 PM   #463  

Renee: I am no gardener but I am trying to grow some food. We made a bed and put seaweed in it, and put in broad beans to overwinter. I also planted some herbs and mesclun on the kitchen windowsill. The mesclun has come up but has very long spindly stems. I have also planted silver beet which grows like a weed here, but that hasn't come up yet. My friend says kale grows in the winter here, so I might try that too.

I am Southern Hemisphere, I live by the sea....we don't have soil, we have sand, not sandy soil....sand.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:35 PM   #464  

Autodidact - You would need to add some bagged soil and peat moss to amend your sand. I love kale.....
Old 05-03-2015, 08:57 PM   #465  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

bad cals yesterday-975!!! (wine, cheese, crackers), today bad cals-0. I might be overstating Saturday's total-I did not count or weigh the cheese, crackers or wine for that matter. I was watching the Kentucky Derby and just enjoying the moment. I am going to be more cognizant this week though. I am enjoying this losing thing.

Thanks ladies for recognizing my loss. I feel encouraged and motivated.

DH and I did some garden chores this weekend also. We planted tomatoes, cucumbers, basil, oregano and cantaloupe. We do not have a lot of luck with gardens since most of our lot is shaded and the clay soil is rocky but we keep trying anyway. We grew up in the Midwest where gardens are generally easy with awesome yields.
Closed Thread