Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 12:47 PM   #496  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Sorry about my previous posts. I don't know what happened.
Old 05-11-2015, 03:52 PM   #497  

S/C/G: 226.4/224.4/175

Height: 5'10"

Tyla, so glad to see you back. You can beat this! I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 05-12-2015, 06:05 AM   #498  
Focus & Determination

S/C/G: 158.5/143/125

Height: 5'8"

Hi Tyla! It is nice to see you drop in again. I will also pray for you.. Take it easy and rest up good before your next round of chemo.
Old 05-12-2015, 06:22 AM   #499  
Focus & Determination

Smile Quotes on Happiness

"Doing what you like is freedom. Liking what you do is happiness." Frank Tyger

"Be happy with what you have. Be excited about what you want." Alan Cohen

"Life is a journey, and if you fall in love with the journey, you will be in love forever." Peter Hagerty

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." James Dean

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou

"Much of the stress that people feel doesn't come from having too much to do. It comes from not finishing what they've started." David Allen

"We forge the chains we wear in life." Charles Dickens

"If you look to others for fulfillment, you will never be fulfilled. If your happiness depends on money, you will never be happy with yourself. Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the world belongs to you." Lao Tzu

"Everything is a gift of the universe--even joy, anger, jealously, frustration, or separateness. Everything is perfect either for our growth or our enjoyment." Ken Keyes Jr.

"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in its hands. You seek problems because you need their gifts." Richard Bach
Old 05-12-2015, 06:53 AM   #500  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Monday, New day... new Beginning

B... large bowl of berries
L... sandwich
S... Swiss steak w veggies
s... Reeses peanut butter cups

Tyla I genuinely Believe the scripture in the Bible that says our Lord will not give us anything stronger than we can bare, & HE wants us to be persistent in our prayers to give HIS 'peace' to us & with that we receive strength & purpose for another day.

Tyla, We haven't met face to face, but you are my sister & I'm here for you for your 'silly moments, if you're lonely, peaceful, chatty, or your worries'. Please feel comfortable to send me a PM or chat here. I stop by 3FC daily to read & feel the support even on the days I don't have time to post, or when I'm too embarrassed to say I ate stupidly. Because the people here are Better than a actual family; Nobody criticizes us for making a personal mistake.

to Everyone Dee

Last edited by miniDoodles; 05-12-2015 at 06:54 AM.
Old 05-12-2015, 11:29 AM   #501  

Yesterday

B - oatmeal
S - banana
L - pizza
S - apple
D - chili
Old 05-12-2015, 02:21 PM   #502  

Thank you ALL so much!! Renee, Corinna, Dee, thank you! You've all brought me such joy! (I hope this post comes out, so you can read it this morning. LOL)

I, too, believe strongly in prayer. Belief in God and His Son, Our Lord has helped me get through this long journey, starting in July last year.

Dee, thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate them, sister. Wow, what a wonderful offer. I don't like to disturb people, but I just may take you up on it one of these days. You are right, everyone here is better than my own relatives, except for my husband, of course.

Corinna, thank you for those wonderful quotes!

Renee, thank you so much for your encouragement. I need that motivation today. Yes, I will beat this!

Today's menu:
Breakfast: coffee with milk, egg omelet with spinach and tomatoes, banana
Lunch: salad, grapes
Dinner: hamburger patty, cheese, mushrooms, few almonds

Love to all!

Last edited by tyla; 05-12-2015 at 02:27 PM.
Old 05-13-2015, 06:43 AM   #503  

Hope everyone is having a great week and staying focused on your health!

Yesterday:

B - oatmeal
S - banana
L - pizza
S - apple
D - pork chop and veggies
Old 05-13-2015, 07:39 AM   #504  
Focus & Determination

Every day is a new day.
Take it one day at a time.
The little steps add up to
help you reach your goal.
You can make it happen.
You can do it!
You will do it!!
Old 05-13-2015, 07:45 AM   #505  
Focus & Determination

Smile Quotes on Happiness Part II

"If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy, and inspires your hopes." Andrew Carnegie

"Tension is who you think you should be, relaxation is who you are." Chinese Proverb

"For me it is sufficient to have a corner by my hearth, a book, and a friend, and a nap undisturbed by creditors or grief." Fernandez de Andrada

"You cannot judge what should bring others joy, and others cannot judge what should bring you joy." Alan Cohen

"The art of living lies less in eliminating our troubles than growing with them." Bernard M. Baruch

"Our capacity to draw happiness from aesthetic objects or material goods in fact seems critically dependent on our first satisfying a more important range of emotional or psychological needs, among them the need for understanding, for love, expression and respect." Alain De Botton

"If you start to think the problem is 'out there,' stop yourself. That thought is the problem." Stephen Covey

"Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude." Denis Waitley

"Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling." Margaret Lee Runbeck

"Security is when everything is settled, when nothing can happen to you; security is the denial of life." Germaine Greer

"Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it." Greg Anderson

Last edited by Corinna T; 05-13-2015 at 07:46 AM.
Old 05-13-2015, 02:11 PM   #506  

Here's wishing everyone a great day!

Corinna, love those quotes!

Today's menu:
Breakfast: coffee with milk, banana, omelet with spinach and tomatoes
Lunch: salad, grapes
Dinner: Chinese food, cherries
Old 05-14-2015, 05:29 AM   #507  

Yesterday:

B - oatmeal
S - banana
L - pizza
S - apple
D - sloppy joe and veggies
Old 05-14-2015, 05:48 AM   #508  
Focus & Determination

Hi Tyla! Glad to see you here again. Nice choices for your meals. Has your appetite returned?

My meal choices today were not that great.
B-Hot Chocolate
L-Veggie Pizza
D-Veggie Patty, seeded roll, crackers

Just looking at my meal choices I can see that I don't need the hot chocolate. I should have eaten some cereal with fruit. Lunch was ok. However, I didn't really have any choices for food when I got home. The cupboards were bare except for what I ate. I need to go shopping but I have been working long hours all week, so I haven't had time to go to the store. I don't drive at night, so with Fall here now and the daylight hours getting fewer, I need to go early. Perhaps this weekend I will be able to stock up for the following week properly. As long as I don't eat it all in one or two days. LOL
Old 05-14-2015, 05:55 AM   #509  
Focus & Determination

Smile Foods That Control Your Appetite

Stop counting down the minutes until your next meal. Fill up on these filling foods and say goodbye to unneeded calories.

Foods that make you feel full

When you're trying to lose weight, cutting back on the amount you eat is a given—but feeling hungry all the time is one of the major reasons why most diets fail within a week. Still, you can silence your grumbling stomach without consuming extra calories. In fact, eating certain foods sends a signal to your brain that you're done eating, and quiets your appetite. Shut out the ice cream pint that's calling your name by eating these healthy and satisfying foods.

Apples

Chomp on an apple approximately a half hour before a meal—the fiber and water from the apple will fill you up, so you'll eat less, says Debra Wein, RD, president of Wellness Workdays, a leading provider of worksite wellness programs.

Avocado

Eating half of an avocado with your lunch may help you feel full for the rest of the afternoon, according to a study published in Nutrition Journal. Women who did that felt 22% more satisfied and had a 24% lower desire to snack three hours later than on days they ate a calorically equivalent lunch without the avocado.

Beans, chickpeas, lentils

Dietary pulses such as chickpeas, lentils, beans, and peas are protein-rich superfoods that also pack in fiber, antioxidants, B vitamins, and iron. Eating more of them may also help you control your appetite. A recent meta-analysis published in the journalObesity found that people were 31% more satisfied after a meal when it included pulses.

Soup

In a Penn State study, people who slurped a bowl of low-calorie, broth-based soup before their lunch entrées reduced their total calorie intake at the meal by 20%. "Soups can take the edge of your appetite since they take up a lot of volume in your stomach, but with very few calories," says Beth Saltz, RD, owner of nutritionskitchen.com.

Pickles

Pickles, sauerkraut, kimchi, and other fermented foods have short-chain fatty acids (SCFAs), and recent research in the Annals of The New York Academy of Sciencesfound that they help strengthen the bond between the gut and the brain. SCFAs stimulate production of hormones that cross the blood-brain barrier and improve appetite signaling. Fermented foods also boast probiotics, the healthy bacteria that help digestion. Some experts believe probiotics may reduce appetite and aid weight loss, though research is inconclusive.

Chili powder

You may already know that capsaicin, the compound in chilis that gives them their kick, fires up your metabolism. Recent research from Maastricht University in the Netherlands shows that adding heat to your meal may also control your appetite. The study, which was published in the journalAppetite, found that adding 1/4 tsp of chili pepper to each meal increased satiety and fullness. What's more, some participants were only allowed to consume 75% of their recommended daily calorie intake, but didn't feel any more desire to continue eating after dinner than those who were given 100% of their daily calories.

Dark chocolate

When you're craving something sweet, reach for dark chocolate. Research suggests dark chocolate can help reduce blood pressure and protect the heart and brain. It's also more filling than milk chocolate and may help curb cravings for both sweet and salty foods, according to a study in the journal Nutrition & Diabetes. In fact, participants consumed 17% fewer calories at a meal following a dose of dark chocolate.

Nuts

Nuts are another filling food that may help you eat less. In a British Journal of Nutrition study, obese women who paired either 1.5 ounces of peanuts or 3 tablespoons of peanut butter with Cream of Wheat cereal and orange juice felt fuller for up to 12 hours after finishing breakfast than those who didn't eat the peanut products. "Nuts are essentially designed by nature to control appetite because they're rich in healthy unsaturated fat, along with bonus protein and fiber," says Cynthia Sass, MPH, RD, Health contributing nutrition editor. Together, the three nutrients slow digestion and regulate blood sugar when combined with carbs like fruit, oatmeal, or brown rice.

Oatmeal

Consider ditching cereal for warm, gooey oatmeal. Oatmeal will keep you feeling fuller longer, suggests a study in the Journal of the American College of Nutrition. Participants were served 250 calories of cereal or oatmeal with 113 calories of milk. The oatmeal-eaters were satiated longer, and they also experienced a greater reduction in hunger and a decreased desire to eat compared to ready-to-eat cereal eaters. Why the difference? Oatmeal is higher in fiber and protein and also has higher amounts of beta-glucan–the sugars that give oatmeal its heart-healthy properties, hydration, and molecular weight compared to ready-to-eat cereals.

Water

Being low on H2O can trick you into believing you're hungry. Why? The symptoms of hunger are similar to those of being dehydrated: low energy, reduced cognitive function, and poor mood. So next time you're craving an afternoon snack, drink a tall glass of water and wait 10 minutes. Chances are, your hunger pangs will pass, and you'll have saved hundreds of calories.

(Source:http://www.vegfriend.com/profiles/bl...-your-appetite)
Old 05-14-2015, 06:31 AM   #510  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Corinna, thanks for your last post, I'm going to copy it and put it on my fridge

I used to rely on water & salads, now you've given me more, so I won't mess up.

Dee

B, cereal
L, veggies
S, bacon sandwich
snack, cup of berries
Closed Thread