Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 03:29 PM   #436  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Bobbi, you are to be congratulated on your grocery bill. That was really good for a whole month.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:30 PM   #437  

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! It's a nice day again and is my dh's birthday!! He is 77 today...I know I've been saying 77 for a little while now since it was close but today he really is. LOL He wanted to go out to eat TWICE today so he could get two free meals at two buffets. I really can't do that and keep to my diet but encouraged him to go with a friend. We will be going out tonight and it will probably be a buffet (ugh), but I think I will be fine with it. My "program" is working well and I'm enjoying it. I'm already down a couple of my recycled (and recyled, and recyled..) pounds. Nothing to really celebrate yet except my mindset.

I put the shoes I won on ebay but only for local. I hate going to the PO, but if they don't sell, I may try national, give them away or possibly keep them. I CAN wear them, it's just that on my left foot my toe is right to the end and may rub too much for comfort, but I haven't worn them yet so don't know for sure.

Bobbi - GFY on the sale and saving on groceries for the month! You've done really well.

Retiredone - That's a nice car! It's good to know our grown children are doing well, esp in this economy. That's amazing about your mom carrying $10,000 around in her purse! I wouldn't want to carry it in my purse but I do think it would be a good idea to keep a stash hidden in the house for emergencies. I've started one but haven't gotten very far with it. That's another one of my financial goals.

Slmn11 - Good luck with your BS! 98 is very good. Only time I've seen numbers that small is when I was on the Medifast diet. Hoping to see them again. Right now I'm usually high in the am, but otherwise am diabetic normal mostly. I'd like to get down to normal normal of course. Funny about the alarm. We have a sensitive smoke detector that's part of our security system. Several times I have set it off when grilling a steak or something on the stove. Recently our security alarm went off and we had to replace the battery. We've had it almost five years and this is the first time we've replaced it. I've never heard of coated fries, but I too am a potato lover...one of my favorite foods. LOL serve me potatoes and ice cream and I'm a happy camper...

Glynne - I think small "chunks" are the best way to do exercise until you are really into it and even after that sometimes. Depends on what you are after but if you are only looking to build up your strength and burn some calories, a little here and there will help and it's probably easier on your body. I get bored (unless I can read) if I do anything too long anyway. We walk the track only ten min. Today I set the alarm on my phone as dh always thinks 10 times around is 10 min. But when I walk fast and even jog a bit now and then, it is not and I wanted to show him that..I don't want to be doing it too long. Then we go to the machines and do 15 min on the bikes, 15 min on treadmill and I finish with a few min on three weight machines. Dh does 4 machines and he does them for more sets than I do. Dh has always exercised, but I had to work up to all this.

Debbie - I love yoga. I'm not strong enough for the hardest movements but I have always enjoyed it when I did it. I'm not into the philosophy/religion of it but I do enjoy the stretching. That's one thing I'm missing right now...I really feel best when I do a lot of stretching. I try to do some here at home when I first get out of bed but I'd like to get back to my stretch classes..one was floor work and the other was a sr yoga stretch class. I just hate getting up early though.

My problem with losing weight and clothes is that it takes me a very long time before I notice a change in size or even before anyone notices. This can be very discouraging. When people notice or I can fit into old smaller clothes or get new clothes to fit, it helps to motivate me. That was one of the things that discouraged me on the MF diet ...I lost 18 lbs but no one noticed and I was still wearing the same clothes! My dh didn't really even notice...once he said he thought he could see it a little but mostly he said he couldn't tell any difference! I know he always loves me, but sometimes I think that how I LOOK to him kinda depends on his mood. He seems to have cycles which affect how he feels and how he looks at things.

Well, dh was unable to find anyone to go with him for lunch nor was he able to find a restaurant that would give him a discount on his own lunch if he went alone. I told him if he really wanted it, I'd go out with him, but he knows it would not be helpful to me so he said, no, we'll just go out tonight. That will be difficult enough, so I'm glad.

Last edited by maryea; 04-30-2012 at 11:42 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:09 PM   #438  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Thank you, thank you and thank you. It was easy since I have a freezer full and a pantry full. The rummage sale will pay for our 1/2 taxes. We're going to have a rough 16 days now, we won't have any money until the 16th when DH social security check come in. Unfortunately we have the phone/TV Dish/internet bill and the heating bill to pay before he gets paid. I do have a secret stash like some of you mentioned that DH doesn't know about. I'll have to use that until he gets paid. Then I'll take it back. It was really hard in April because we were paying cash for everything plus paid off our $2,000 credit card. Ouch. But May will be much easier.
K3...you're welcome.
Mary...Did I tell you I had a budget program on my money program and didn't know it. What a dummy I am.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:03 PM   #439  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Bobbi - I was WONDERING how you got by for so little! The full freezer and pantry do help, and do you have a veggie garden in the summer? Your flower garden is lovely, but it's hard to eat those!

Gayle - I've been thinking about you and the big administration audit. Having someone looking over your shoulder, just LOOKING for a mistake, makes everyone MAKE mistakes. How awful! I think administrators either have or develop a streak of power sadism. Good luck! Have DH take a picture of you in your funeral garb; doesn't that start tomorrow, the black scrubs?

KarenFL - so, if the gummy bears didn't clog up the armadillo snout, does that mean he's back? Any word from the pit bull from hel*? (I got edited; can you BELIEVE that???????????)

I'm fell asleep after I got home from the doc's and could go to bed for the night already. The doc removed the IV port and uncovered the bandaged hand. It's still really swollen, but I think I'm going to live. She said no work again tomorrow, so I'll go back on Wednesday. As expected, everyone at work is being totally wonderful. I am so lucky to work there, and that IS the truth!!

I haven't done more than gently reprimand Sabrino for costing me two days of work and a lot of out-of-pocket expenses. He was just being a kitty; however, this does mean that he'll never be adopted into my household. I can't trust him, but I will keep feeding him. I really like him, but....

I needed some comfort food after leaving the doc's, so I bought some bologna and a small sack of chips. I had a big ol' bologna sandwich and chips for dinner. YUM. The rest will go to GM when I see her this week.

Hope you're all doing well! I'll get back on track for personals later... onward, lovelies.

Last edited by jess1; 04-30-2012 at 09:04 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:08 PM   #440  

Hi everyone. sry for no personals today,becuz today im so sad. i just got home from the hosp where i sat in icu for hrs holding my friends hand as she struggled to breath, she belongs in the amazing women catagory like all of you.. she has been my friend for 40+ years,my neighbor,confidaunt(sp?)partner in crime,keeper of each others secrets,sharing family,venting and celebrating and crafts and recipes and lots of laughter. she has always been full of it, fiesty and the most fun person i have everknown,and she never knew a stranger. she has 8 kids 25 grkids and 32 grgrand kids.. she has been in poor health the last year,with copd and cancer. she's 84 and i dont want her to struggle. the outcome is poor but you just never know and its not in our hands. please say a prayer for my friend her name is georgianna. thanks rosey
Old 04-30-2012, 09:55 PM   #441  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

I'm so sorry Rosey.. I will keep you, your friend and family in my thoughts and prayers
Old 04-30-2012, 11:20 PM   #442  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Oh Rosey...so sorry for you and will add your friend to my prayers. K3

ps Donna think about other end...from snout!

Last edited by Karen3; 04-30-2012 at 11:21 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:53 PM   #443  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Rosey - good thoughts and prayers for your friend!

KarenFL - eiuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Night, all.... really pooped tonight!
Old 05-01-2012, 08:47 AM   #444  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good bye April....Welcome May!
Closed Thread