Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 05:40 PM   #151  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Hola, All...
Ran amok a bit today, then came home and fixed my enchiladas for Friday's dinner. I cooked them about 3/4, let them cool, and froze them. I'll finish them off just before dinner on Friday; all the flavors will have melded, and they should be WONDERFUL! I love MX food! I usually have enough to make a wee portion for myself, but, alas! There were only 9 tortillas in the pack instead of 12! When did THAT happen? One more example of less for the same price!

No news. I'm hanging in there, doing okay. No, Bobbi, I'm sure we didn't do anything to offend Isabella (how could that possibly BE???????). Something happened... I hope that she knows that she's being, and has been, remembered a lot throughout this season and this whole year!

http://www.jacquielawson.com/preview...601&path=98481

Everyone, have a good week. We have so few posts this month; I guess the season is interfering unduly! Be warm, dry, and SAFE!

Last edited by jess1; 12-20-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:28 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening all.... Sat eating dinner watching the full moon rise. Don't think I'll make the 3am eclipse. Will check the cloud cover around 12m and decide. It may even been so close to the horizon that we can't see it from here. Supposed be extra dark because of ash. We get weird days here when the dust blows across the Atlantic from Africa and have to drive with headlights on. Guess it really is a small world.

Gee....tomorrow is first day of Winter too.

Have a free day tomorrow. House is clean, not going bake anything, guess I'll just force myself to curl up with a good book.

I stubbed my big toe last week and wore old slippers for a week. Today wore real shoes and twice some one stepped on my toe. Afraid to take the bandaid off and look at it. I was sitting with my feet under my chair...both times. Anyone got a pair on cement booties?

Spur of the moment gift. I tried to go online and get a microwave oven to NC for DD. Could not get it right so went to the Mall(yesterday) and me and 5 sales people tried to buy it here and pick it up there. 5! that tell you how unbusy the store was. I got it bought but delivery won't be before Christmas unless I wanted to pay $150 shipping.....not me. they can pick it up. Walking out there was probably the clearest best hugh (60+") tv I have ever seen. Tag said $399....turns out that was the stand price....had few seconds of trying figure how I could get that baby home and where'd i put it.

Have any of you ever made cranberry crunch bars? I read about them and think I can reduce the calories using brown sugar splenda and oleo.They are basically rolled oats, cranberry sauce, butter and brownsugar. Course think walnuts would be tasty....checked on fitday and should come to about 145cal per bar....probably less. Sounds like something I could take Sat. And have all the ingredients in the pantry.

Lynn....Did you watch Survivor last night? So glad that Jane won the $100K. Could not decide which of the 3 guys I liked the least. Actually after Jimmy J not sure I liked any of the guys. Sounded like NaOnka is getting in trouble for her mouth. Both Jane and Holly cleaned up pretty. sighhhhhh have to wait until Feb for next show.

Zoe....Really no white stuff in Mass? I'll keep your dose of Fl sunshine ready.

Rosie....Dh and I have learned since moving South that Christmas is nice with just us2. We have dinner with friends, but Christmas eve home alone is sweet. We do early New Year's eve dinner and home before the fools are on the road. After so many holidays of doing it all, quiet is enjoyable.

Karen....stay the course and remember tough love. Every day of sobriety will help him see better.

Gayle, Lily, Donna keep posting and stay on plan as best you can...hugs,karen3
Old 12-21-2010, 09:53 AM   #153  

Morning...Quick report in. I woke up at 3:45 and checked the moon. Damn it was chilly out there. The sky was absolutely clear and the moon was half bright white and half gone. Not just blocked out light but like Gone. Really weird sight. Glad I got up. hugs,karen3
Old 12-21-2010, 09:57 AM   #154  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

A quick Good Morning Girls...I'm going to put my cheese log together this morning and polish my hardwood floors. I saw this recipe on Dr. Oz's email this morning. I love deviled eggs but don't eat them because of the fat and calories plus I'm on meds for high cholesterol. I just happen to have a sweet potato in the frig, think I'll try this.
Have a good one!
Cornichon is a French word, but is in a little more common usage among English speakers. Cornichons are pickled gherkin cucumbers.

Quote:
Rocco DiSpirito's No-Yolk Deviled Eggs

Ingredients
Serves 6

6 large eggs
1 small sweet potato
1 medium shallot, chopped very fine
4 cornichons, chopped fine (Gherkin pickles)I'm guessing Dill
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp smoked paprika, plus more for dusting
Dash of Tabasco sauce
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped fine

Directions
Place the eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with water by 1 inch. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat. Then turn the heat down slightly and cook the eggs at a rapid simmer for 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the eggs to sit in the hot water for 8 minutes. Drain the eggs and cover them with ice water. When the eggs have cooled, peel them and cut them in half; discard the yolks.

To make the filling, prick the skin of the sweet potato with a fork. Microwave it on high until it is tender, about 6 minutes, turning it once during cooking if you don’t have a turntable. When the potato has cooled slightly, cut it in half and scoop the flesh into a medium bowl. Mash the sweet potato with a fork or potato masher until it is smooth. When the sweet potato has cooled completely, stir in the shallot, cornichons, mustard, 1 teaspoon smoked paprika and Tabasco sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Spoon the sweet potato mixture into a pastry bag. (If you don’t have a pastry bag, you can use a resealable plastic bag with one corner snipped off.) Pipe a mound of filling into each egg half. Place the eggs in the refrigerator, covering them very loosely with plastic wrap, and chill until cold.

Right before serving, sprinkle the egg halves with the smoked paprika and the parsley.

Nutrition Facts
Fat: 18.6g
Calories: 65
Protein: 4g
Carbohydrates: 11g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Fiber: 1g
Sodium: 333mg

Last edited by Bobbolink; 12-21-2010 at 01:29 PM.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:16 AM   #155  

Hey Bobbie what are cornichons?
Old 12-21-2010, 10:56 AM   #156  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...
Very quick check-in...... lots to do today.

Did anyone look at the Jacquie Lawson card link I posted? It's very, very cute and Christmas-y!

Hope you have a good one... happy baking!! Be safe...
Old 12-21-2010, 11:02 AM   #157  
Bobbi

KarenFla
Quote:
Cornichon is a French word, but is in a little more common usage among English speakers. Cornichons are pickled gherkin cucumbers.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:53 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning! Yes, Donna I did like the Jacquie Lawson card that you sent and posted. I love the things she does and wish I had a smidgeon bit of her talent! It is a very cute card. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

Got to get going this morning. Need to get out and get a lot more shopping done with Tim. Also need groceries so it is going to be a busy day! I'll catch you all later.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:20 PM   #159  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

The card was soooooooooo cute, PT!!!!!!! Have to admit my heart was in my throat when that fox came along, and then the poor little kitty out in that snow...made me imagine my own khats out in cold and unfamiliar territory...poor, house-bound creatures that they are, they wouldn't know what to do! But of course, all was well in the end....sweet.
I'm going crazy trying to get everything done for Christmas! Feel like I'm just wasting my time at work right about now.
Oh, well...can't be helped....I'll check in later...oh, I wonder if I could have THAT version of deviled eggs, Bobbi? I think I heard somewhere that most people who have egg allergies are allergic to the white, not the yolk, tho....I'm not sure how that works, to tell the truth.
Karen3, we got a little white stuff...the Cape & Islands REALLY got hit - got a foot or so of snow...we got just another dusting, and there was some snow coming down on my way into work this morning - just enough to coat the roads and slow the traffic down to a crawl. Grrrrrrr. Keep that sunshine handy for me, I suspect I'll be needing a dose before long!

Hi, Karen31, and hello as well to any other GG's who happen to check in.

PS - I sure do miss Isabella, too. And, no, Bobbi, I don't think anybody here said anything to drive her off. I'm very much afraid that all is not well with our old friend and it makes me very sad.

Z

Old 12-21-2010, 01:27 PM   #160  
Bobbi

Donna...thanks for reminding me about the card. The day you posted it was a busy day for me, I skimmed the post and thought I'd go back and check out the card when I had more time. I forgot!
I just went back now and looked at it, too cute! Thanks for posting it.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:51 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

HOOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just finished grading everyone's final assignments.

I will be back to normal posting tomorrow. Just too tired of computers for the rest of tonight.

Lynn
Old 12-21-2010, 05:11 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good afternoon! Just got back from doing some shopping-- just a little bit to finish up tomorrow and then it is wrap, wrap, wrap!!

Have a good afternoon

Last edited by Karen31; 12-21-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:20 PM   #163  

Evening...well Dh can bite me! That microwave oven was delivered to Dd this afternoon. She just cooked dinner with it. He swore I'd screw it up. If I had sent it over night they would have charged $150 and I had it regular send and it got there in 32 hrs.....who'd thunk that. Never happen again. But admit am laughing with glee.

I tried a different hair dresser 3 weeks ago and it has taken 3 weeks for my hair to grow enough for a trim by my regular girl. I am now trimmed but oh boy is it short. Kinda a summer cut.

hugs,karen3
Old 12-21-2010, 08:38 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 148/146/124(edited goal)

Height: 4' 11"

Loved the card as well. I think she has some of the best cards on the internet.
Bobbi, the deviled eggs sound great, but is that 18 grams of fat per egg?? I guess I didn't realize there was that much fat in the egg white.
We got another 4 to 5" of snow yesterday starting around noon, so it was _ _ _ _ driving home from work again. Plus, I had to drive in freezing rain on my way into work in the morning. I am really hating winter this year and it only started today!! What do you say Zoe, should we join Karen3 in Florida?

Got through another day of work without really blowing it. For some reason this year I am not as tempted by the treats people are bringing in to the office. If I have a choice between sugar cookies or fruit, I want the fruit more than the cookie. Don't know why, but sugar is almost distasteful to me. I am hoping I can develop the same attitude towards salty and fatty foods.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:56 AM   #165  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning everyone,

It's been a rough week or so. I got that virus and it really kicked my butt! I ran a temp for 6 days and lost my voice. Had to miss 2 days work. I finally went back to work on the weekend and I was tired but didnt' feel too bad. Finally! I missed so many shopping days! I am sooo behind. I have to get out today to finish up. I hate running out at the last min., but what can you do? I have to work Christmas Eve and that is when we celebrate. The kids go to DDIL's mom's for Christmas day. I'm not sure how I am going to manage dinner. I am thinking I can make most of the stuff the day before and DH can finish it up. I get home at 8, so it will be a late celebration. No matter, it will still be Christmas and fun.

The Grands spent the night Monday and it was fun to have them here for the night. They are getting too old too fast! They were going to spend another night, but my son called from the Er to say that he had fallen on the ice and hurt his shoulder. They are thinking torn rotator cuff, but he has to go see an orthopedic surgeon as soon as possible. I know how painful those are, had one the first of last year. So he is off work for some time now. When the kids found out they had to get home and take care of dad.

Don't have time to respond to everyones posts, but just want you all to know how much I appreciate your support!

Rosie, I am glad to hear that you are doing so well. The new year is going to be a really NEW year for you!

I agree with everyone else, I don't think we said anything to offend Isabella. If we did it was totally unintentional. I also think something has happened. So, if anything should happen to any of the rest of us, please make arrangements so that someone can get word to us. I think most of us have taken care of that. So nice to be in a group that is so caring.

Everyone, make it a good day!

Freda
Closed Thread