Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 09:43 PM   #31  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Oh Rosey! Fabulous!!!!! Soooooo happy for you! G'nite to everybody else....I'm exhausted from coughing every time I try to sleep. This is NO. FUN. Do not...I repeat...do NOT get whatever I've got. It's really annoying. Back to work tomorrow tho. Too much to get done. Ridiculous. I will retire soon. I MEAN it....
Old 11-03-2010, 09:47 PM   #32  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Rosey! That's the best news we've heard all year, we're all excited for you. Lots of hugs to you from us, the Golden Girls.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 11-03-2010 at 09:54 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:35 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Oh Rosey! That is Wonderful News!! I'm so happy for you.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:57 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 148/146/124(edited goal)

Height: 4' 11"

Got my flu shot on Saturday and I've been feeling tired, have a slight sore throat and just haven't felt well since. I am hoping it's from the shot and not the beginning of something more serious. It will be 2 weeks before the shot kicks in to keep the flu away.
We didn't have any trick or treaters here. I wasn't sure if I wanted any and I forgot to turn the light on. Didn't hear or see any kids outside, so I think it was pretty quiet this year.
I really didn't want doorbell ringing anyway because one of our little Yorkies had surgery on her rear leg (luxating patella and torn ACL) and we are supposed to keep her quiet and not let her run or jump. The doorbell would have been hard for her to ignore. She is just one week post-op today, and she has five more weeks before we can take her out for walks again. She gets her stitches out next week.
Bobbi, I have Windows 7 on our desktop and love it. I pre-ordered Windows 7 six months before it came out because I was so disgusted with Vista. I installed the 64 bit Professional version so the computer could recognize and run more RAM.
Yes, a recount for governor for our wonderful state of MN. At least all of those ads, phone calls and mail flyers are finished. What really irritated me was that we heard ads from all over the state for people we weren't even able to vote for or against.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:21 PM   #35  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Writing therapy I guess ~ just random stuff. Not sleepy yet, don't want to go to bed and just lay there, but staying up ~ my mind keeps wandering to food, so thought I'd write on here to keep from getting into food. Zoe is always encouraging me to post ~ not sure this exactly what she meant, but anyway here I am.

Was talking to mom, but she is feeling all stuffed up and starting with a sore throat, so I didn't want to keep her up ~ sent her to bed ~ LOL.

Had been working on going through the boxes here and sorting ~ throwing away ~ putting away ~ giving away stuff. This week, put that on hold ~ have some computer stuff to do for work, but the week has not turned out how I thought it would. Kind of tired on Monday ~ my mind didn't feel like it was up to learning and taking a test (work stuff). Tuesday I ended up staying with Maddie all day as her regular baby sitter was sick. That was fun and interesting. She told me that boys and frogs don't wear make up. She said that big girls can wear make up ~ and then that maybe if she stood on a ladder she would be a big girl and coud wear makeup ~ she's 3 ~ LOL.

Today kind of a chilly dreary misty day here. Got up and checked my favorite computer things ~ e-mail, Fat Chicks, Facebook. Lost track of time ~ had to hurry and get ready for Weight Watchers. Was almost ready to leave and realized I hadn't taken my morning meds yet. Kind of spacy I guess Got back home from there and should have done stuff, but didn't. I'm was kind of in a restless unsettled mood. Worrying about my son, possible changes in work schedule. Also they tell us at the Weight Watchers meetings that there are changes coming. She says we'll like it. We won't find out until the first week of December. I guess I just hate the not knowing stuff. I just want things to be settled ~ to know what is happening.

Gum ~ I'll chew some gum

Can't find anything on TV to watch tonight. Not in the mood to read. Nothing I can think of to surf the web tonight. So you guys are stuck with me.

My kitty just joined me ~ she is sitting in front of the little portable heater ~ enjoying the heat ~ but blocking it from getting to me

One thing I look forward to at holiday time is when the radio station starts playing the Christmas music. Somehow it makes me feel happy.

Ok, kitty just scooched down, so now we both are getting some heat

Guess the heat is working its magic ~ starting to get sleepy, so guess I'll get out of you guys hair.

Thank you for keeping me company

Night night
Old 11-04-2010, 12:25 AM   #36  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Rosey, I'm so happy for you!!! I hope this happens quickly for you, so you don't have to spend a lot of time waiting and wondering and worrying.......!

Fair warning, though: if your DH doesn't let us know how you're doing, I'm going to call him! Best, best, best wishes for you!!
Old 11-04-2010, 02:29 AM   #37  

Thankyou everyone for the well wishes im excited and scared at the same time..you all are like sisters to me more than sisters..im going to be honest with all of you as how i got to this pt,ive never shared my weight becuz im embarassed for myself..
I started gaining when i was 12,my folks took me to a diet dr and i was on speed leagally,they made me feel embarased and ashamed of my size i weighed 117 # wish i was that weight now..i gained and lost for yrs always feeling badly and guilty about myself..i met my dh in college i was chubby but he loved me anyways 2 kids later and lifes stresses made me gain alot..i always dieted but never exercised ialways tried and would succeed and then slip back into old habits,,i loved to cook and loved to eat what i cooked..as the yrs went by i settled for what i was until my health started going, high bp,diabetes lack of mobility,bad back etc..i had back surg,my legs where paralized and still when i got home after surg 6month in hosp and rehab i slipped back into old habits..when i got out of the hosp i weighed 299# and in 2 yrs i ballooned to 368# thats when i realized i was going to be a prisoner in my own body and house and as i got older my dh wouldnt be strong enuff to help me..i didnt want that so i decided for the surg from the suggestion my family dr gave me..you know the rest..i know weigh 338# and im only 4ft 10 inches tall no wonder dr todd called me a round littel pumpkin, after almost dieing from the mersa infection i got after my surg and rehab i realized eventho i was a strong minded women i needed more help to finnish my journey,thats why i choose gastric bypass surg,i know this is only a tool and will have to work hard to make it work for me,..ive learned everyday is a blessing,and i want more for myself and dh than being stuck in this body and my house..even admitting my weight is hard for me,,even tho all could see my size i never told anyone not even my dh my weight..so im sharing with all of you the truth..my dh has stuck by me for yrs, im so lucky,and he loves me as i am,,i want to wear a real pair of bluejeans,and pretty underwear,and travel, and dance at my grkids weddings(well not sure about that one but i can dream right),im worth it so i accept all your kindness'es and support in the rest of my journey..(((hugs)) rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 11-04-2010 at 02:46 AM.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:53 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Rosie,

GREAT news about the surgery! You know we are here for you. All of us know the difficulties and the challenges & how good it feels to overcome. We can do this together.

Hi Everyone,

Did my 85 min this morning. Off to South Jersey for my Irish genealogy group meeting, then to see my DF - if she remembers I am coming and is home.

Check back later today.

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 11-04-2010 at 08:56 AM.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:54 AM   #39  

Height: 5'1"

So Glad you finally got the good news Rosie. I know it's a big decision for you and the unknown is always scary. But the results are going to be so awsome!!! this is you, dancing at your DGD weddings! We will all be waiting for news afterwards, so I agree with Donna, please let us know.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:03 AM   #40  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Rosey...thanks for sharing your story and I agree, we're all like sisters. The header in our thread says,
There is Value in us
There is Power in us
There is Wisdom in us
And Laughter....
We are a rainbow of unique wonders,
There is love in us.
Friends laugh, cry and stand by each other, we'll be that to you!
Rosey...We all will be that to you, stand by you!

Last edited by Bobbolink; 11-04-2010 at 09:05 AM.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:56 PM   #41  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Yep, Rosey, we're here for you!

CHILLY day here today! It won't be long before we see some of that white stuff in the city. It's late this year!

Hope you're all well..... PT/Zoe, are you feeling better?

Everyone, have a lovely day... Be safe!
Old 11-04-2010, 03:39 PM   #42  

Thankyou everyone, i'm humbeled.. rosey
Old 11-04-2010, 05:42 PM   #43  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Well, worked a half a day today and came home - still feeling not so haute. Sooooo tired because of the coughing at night. Stocked up on Robitussin and cough drops and am HOPING to do better tonight.
Rosey, it's very difficult - and courageous - to tell others our deepest, darkest secrets and fears. But, I think it's an important part of recovering from whatever problems we have faced and may still be facing. You're at the start of quite a journey, and it really is a privilege to be able to share it with you, you know.
Oh lordie, PT, don't, don't DON'T mention the white stuff!!!! Ugh, ack, ptooey!!!! I absolutely abhor driving in snowy weather and I never fail to hit two or three good, solid, white-knuckled, teeth clenching storms while driving to and fro on the 'pike in winter.
Gayle, I'm really, really glad to see you posting here on a regular basis now. It really DOES help us stay on the straight and narrow (or as close to it as possible). Keep coming back and posting, and chewing your gum, and before you know it, you'll be as skinny as a twig!
Bobbi, it was so nice, being reminded of the Golden Girls motto - it was a cheerful note in a pretty tiresome day, so thanks, sister!
Freda, Lynn, Karens 3 & 31, Mary and .....all...have a nice evening! See you tomorrow!

Z
Old 11-04-2010, 06:42 PM   #44  

Height: 5'3"

Rosey your sharing draws us closer...I can imagine the fear and excitement you must feel. They do the surgery so often now and I have a friend who was so glad she had it done. She was getting more and more disabled by her weight and now feels so free!

I hope you all have had a good day and now having a nice evening. We enjoyed our dd and gc so much! Our dd was in and out as usual but we had a lot of one on one time with each little one (16 mo and almost 4). We will see them at the memorial service on Saturday but there will be so many people there I doubt we have much time with them.

I went up in the attic and brought down some cabbage patch dolls and other dolls and stuffed animals that belonged to our dd. The little girl is not really very interested in playing with dolls yet but she did grab them and kissed them. Her mama didn't have room to take them home of course (flying) but she did allow her to take one of the smallest dolls (also one of HER favorites!). Being up there reminded me how much I need to go through the attic stuff!

Just got word that my oldest bil (dh's brother) had a heart attack this morning. He is in the hospital and is stable now. So we are praying for complete recovery. He is 80.

After kids left I mowed the yards and Joe changed the oil in the car and is currently trimming a bush. I worry about him esp getting under the car but I have to let him do more. I think he feels worse when he sits around.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:51 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening....WOWZY ROSIE HOT DIGGITY DAWG.....That is so awesome. Now we wait with you for the day and promise to be here every day after the surgery. You are gonna be so beautiful cause you already are sooo sweet and nice.....Next summer with the grands is gonna be wild....hugs karen3
Closed Thread