Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 03:12 PM   #31  

Height: 5'1"

Way to go Rosie!
Old 10-05-2010, 08:02 PM   #32  

Height: 5'3"

Trying to catch up on the posts. Wow, much going on...emotions going in different directions..sadness, anger...life happens doesn't it and not always the way we want or expect! One good thing...we ALL experience it not necessarily at the same time but over the course of our lives.. and isn't it nice that we can come here and cry and vent all we want? As I read I think about things I have gone through and weep and laugh along with you.

Since our company left I have done very little housework and my house is getting pretty messy....well it IS messy. I didn't even change our sheets last week while company was here and haven't since. Soon dh will be noticing that. I was hoping to get back on track today but had to take the car for repairs and we ended up going to Costco to buy a mat to put under my desk chair. Mine was all cracked up and hurt my toes on it all the time (bare feet or stocking feet). Then I forgot peanut butter and bananas yesterday so stopped to get those...and we ended up having to go to TWO stores before we could find bananas that weren't totally green! Now that I read what I wrote I think about the fact that in many countries you cannot find all the great produce year-round like we have here! How spoiled we are here in the US!

By the time I got home I was feeling very lazy and crashed in front of the computer, then before I knew it it was time to go get the car. Now it is almost time to fix dinner. Maybe I will get something productive done tonight (or not). There is always tomorrow. It is nice being retired and Zoe I hope you can retire soon too.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:24 AM   #33  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Happy Wednesday Everyone.....nothing exciting going on today. Rosey mentioned some 3 bean salad in the 'Daily Menu' post that made me hungry for it. I'm going to make a batch of that today and hang out a couple loads of clothes while the weather is still nice.
Have a good one!
P.S. Crabby Maxine's look on life always amuses me, today she's at the kitchen table with her faithful dog eating cereal. She say, "At my age, a 'comfort food' is any food that's loaded with fiber."

Last edited by Bobbolink; 10-06-2010 at 09:30 AM.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:19 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning all....never got back. But walked the whole superstore without pushing a cart. 2 weeks ago that would have been impossible. Buuuuut came home and crashed. Next step guess is getting stronger.

Rosey....That is so Awesome!

Zoe....You need to blow up a picture of you sitting on your favorite rock at the beach, get one of those mood enriching lamps and a good book. Read for exactly one hour and then into a hot tub. Every evening for a month. Only sound is soft music in the background. I'll come and pace the perimeter to guard your solitude.

Nancy is the name of my 3 month old car. Named after the friend who I was personal rep for and used the money from the estate to pay for it. Have 3,000miles and hugh dings....feels so personal that they bashed her in.

Bobbi....I think Maxine lives in my house. I know Erma did for years.

Mary....I believe in dusting bi-annually whether it needs it or not! I remember a friend who lived alone and she changed her sheets every 2 weeks. She slept on right side a week and then swtched. sounded like a grest idea but can't sleep on the otherside...sighhhhhhh

Zoe....Retirement is absolutely wonderful and the only regret we had is that we waited....BUT there are new problems you'll run into. Like He is always home and asking why????? Like you still get to do all the stuff you've always done and He doesn't and then you ask why??? Think you should go to school to learn 1st how to parent and then later how to retire. DH had filled several yellow pads with how much money we would need to retire and our expenditures.....all useless....like $20 a month for dry cleaning. In 10 yrs I have taking one coat into be cleaned....does that mean we've saved $2380? I kept telling Dh that he needed a plan that just fishing was not enough....I have bridge....figured 3 months of fishing and he'd be fished out, but lucky I was wrong.

Lynn....you are like our own EverReady Bunny. You go and go and go.

Spent all day yesterday thinking it was Wednesday, best part of that is today really is Suvivor day and Project Runway tomorrow. Plus have art show this weekend and dinner out tomorrow night and bridge this afternoon.

amazing thing happened yesterday. We opened the house up. It cooled off and was so lovely to have fresh air. Dash sits at the window and checks his p-mail. Yodels to neighbors and supervises all activity. Told you he has 200 word vocabulary. Cool weather means the Gulf will start to cool down and hurricane season is 2/3 over. Still check every morning....

Karen....Been there and understand the pain you are feeling. Just close your eyes and feel all the hugs and support from us chicks!

Sorry i got so wordy...what fresh air does to my brain...hugs all, karen3

Last edited by Karen3; 10-06-2010 at 10:22 AM.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:04 AM   #35  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...
Rosey, good news!!! BTW, whereabouts are you in Alaska? When I check the weather radar, I can see all the (still!) weather everyone is having in the E and NE, but I'm not sure where to zero in for you. Give me a few recognizable landmarks or something.

PT/Zoe, are you feeling ever so much better?

No news. Lovely and cool, and the cat let me sleep in this morning! I hope all are well... Be safe, everyone!
Old 10-06-2010, 11:16 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Good Morning, Everyone,

Tomorrow evening my sister is coming to my house & on Friday, we leave for a weekend in Williamsburg. On our way down, we are going to visit Mt. Vernon.

This afternoon, I am meeting my friend for dinner & some shopping.

OK - now that I've replaced the washer/dryer & water heater, looks like I need to either fix or replace the air conditioner. They are going to look for a leak in a pipe in my ceiling. If they find it, they will need to cut through my ceiling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE this.

The good news - I just realized that last week when I got stressed, I went to the gym. I never even thought about eating anything. Just wanted to exercise. (My DD pointed this out to me.)

Have a good day, Everyone,

Lynn
Old 10-06-2010, 12:28 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 145/125/123

Height: 5'4"

Default I'm new to this

Hi Everyone,

You guys just crack me up. I love reading your posts and I hope it's okay if I join?

I'm 52, have 3 kids (HS and college) and live outside of Denver.

My DH works from home (took me months to adjust to this!) and I work part-part-time filling in for a friend as receptionist.

I've gained 20 lbs in the last 3 years and need/want to take it off. I'm trying to walk/bike for an hour a day, hard when working, or do Tae-Bo.

Love your ideas and tips!

P.S. How do I get the weight tracker thingy on the bottom of the post?
Old 10-06-2010, 02:50 PM   #38  

Morning..thanks for all the good wishes about my medical clearence,its nice to know all my parts and pieces are functioning at normal..its getting closer keep your fingers crossed that my ins will give me a yes. jess, i live south of anchorage on the kenai peninsula in a place called Nikiski ..nothing on my agenda today making a list for the groc store..we get our ak perm fund check tomorrow and can do some extra shopping..i like to restock my pantry..hoping you all have agreat day (((hugs))) rosey
Old 10-06-2010, 06:10 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hi Just Dance Girl....welcome to Golden Girls. Just jump in and type away. Support on this journey to fitness and health is super important. And here you can rant and rave cause it surprises no one. You have to post 20 messages to get your thingy.

Darn that sounded kinda suggestive and the censor should nail me!

Another perfect day down here.....just know something is gonna go krephew!

Karen...a few years ago our DS called at 3am for bail. He told me something about a bottle and celebrating their 6 week anniversary and handcuffs. That she lost the keys and he paniced....neighbors called the cops and law is when domestic violence one goes to jail and since he was already in handcuffs they took him.hmmmmmmmmmm 2 weeks later he calls and says everything is wonderful and she is now on prozac 'hmmmmmmmmmmmm 2 weeks late he calls says everything is wonderful she is now on Thorazine.HMMMMMMMMMMMMM 2 weeks later the marriage was annulled.yeah! I was absolutely floored at the time and laugh hysterically now.

Lynn...Did you get a reg water heater. Ours is due to die soon and been think about one of those instant hot water gizmos.

Still wordy...windows still open...hugs,karen3

I just realized I have had the same number of posts for months. Looked back as far as June am at 542???????

Last edited by Karen3; 10-06-2010 at 06:15 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:27 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post
Lynn...Did you get a reg water heater. Ours is due to die soon and been think about one of those instant hot water gizmos.
Hi Karen,

I looked into the instant ones & decided against it. People have some problems getting enough hot water (if you do wash & dishes & try to take a bath). Also - quite a bit more expensive.

However, mine is not simply a water heater. Ours are connected to our heaters & require a specific brand - Apollo. If no other pieces are needed, they cost about 2,000. However, of course, I needed some other pieces for another 500!

Lynn
Old 10-06-2010, 10:25 PM   #41  

Height: 5'3"

Hi eveyone! Another day that has gone SO fast! I can't believe how they fly by! I wish I could say it was productive but it really wasn't. When I was about to go to bed last night I stopped to shut down my budgeting software, noticed a problem and of course I HAD to fix it right then...well, it took me until after 2 am! So I slept in this morning and wasted those precious morning hours. Then had an eye doctor appt at 12:30.

The eye appt was to recheck my eye pressure and run some tests to decide whether to give me the dx of glaucoma or not. I passed everything ...field test, cornea measurement, visual tests ...so nothing has changed. He will just continue to watch the pressure. The pressure had come down a little bit and he doesn't want to give me either the dx or the meds until he really has to and I tend to agree but my dh thinks he should be giving me drops now as he has been on meds for years. My pressure is actually higher than my dh who will soon have glaucoma surgery...but I can pass the field test, have no vision loss.

After the appt I did a little browsing at Target and looked at the Droid phones at Verizon. I planned to ask them about the rumor that they will soon be getting iPhone but I doubt they would really know anyway. I'm beginning to think it's just a rumor.

My eyes were overly dialated this time I think. Even though they gave me those plastic shades, I could hardly keep my eyes open so was hard to drive. But I made it home safely.

Waited til I got home for lunch and then snacked so dinner is late tonight. Cooking it right now...baked salmon and vegetables. Looks good but I snacked so much I'm not really hungry now but sure I will be soon.

Welcome Just Dance Girl! Glad to have you with us!

Guess I'd better go check on the salmon now.

Last edited by maryea; 10-06-2010 at 10:35 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:42 AM   #42  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Chili tonight! (Made with ground turkey and red kidney beans). Also a jar of pasta sauce, diced tomatoes with green chiles, onions, peppers, celery, probably some grated carrot, sliced black olives and, and....whatever else is in the larder calling out to join some sort of recipe. In this dreary, chilly, rainy weather (although it's actually supposed to clear some, today) I really like having soups and stews and such. Plus they usually get made in big batches, so we get lots more than just one meal out of them since I freeze what's left in individual serving sized containers.
Oh, PT - I'm some little bit better this morning. Was better yesterday because I stayed so busy that I hardly had time to be miserable. I went into my office in the AM - two meetings - then drove (in torrential rain) up the turnpike to Holyoke, MA, where I'm trying to whip some programs into place (Picture me in a lion tamer's uniform, long whip in hand) and then home again, still in the rain. Driving on the highway with all that rain coming down, two or three inches of water on the road, and big tractor-trailer trucks constantly sending big waves of spray over me was not so very recreational in nature. But, owing to my unmatched skill behind the wheel and my nerves of steel (well, nerves, anyway) I emerged triumphantly home and found it <gulp> CLEAN. Evidently all that growling and roaring I did on Monday when I came home to such a sty had some real impact. Nice when that happens. Nice, but rare, of course.
Oooh, Mary! The eye stuff is a little disconcerting...I hope all is well. I've never driven with my eyes dilated - never even heard of them giving you plastic shades. My eye doctor insists that someone be there to drive you home. I once almost fell asleep driving home from work, though - just couldn't seem to keep my eyes open, and THAT was scary, let me tell you!
Rosey, I haven't yet congratulated you! How awesome is THAT???? This is really and truly moving forward now, and all your hard work is paying off. WAY to go, Girlie!
Hi Dance Girl...you got a real name? (Apologies if that IS your real name; one never knows, after all, whose parents may have made a unique choice in the matter). Welcome. Jump in, Wear your suit. This is a family-friendly pool. (Most of the time, anyway).
Lynn, I have always loved Williamsburg! Took the kiddos there several times and have been back myself with DH. Always something new to see/notice, and of course now that DH is a "historical interpretor" himself at Old Sturbridge Village, he has an even greater interest in how living history museums around the country do their thing. (I am, incidentally, pushing him to think about taking on some *real* (paid) work right about now. We'll see how that goes.)
Karen3, I am SO glad you're feeling better - and glad that the weather is being kind down in your neighborhood. We are assured of a good weekend. I'll let you know how the wetherfools score on this one.
Bobbi, I'm going heavy on the fiber these days, and with the beans and such in my chili tonight, I know it'll be another job for Mister Beano. Gotta pick up another bottle. Can't live without it right about now. <gulp>
OKay, I'll be back for the rest - I've REALLY gotta get ready for work! It's 5:40 in the AM! I have to leave at 6:30!
HUGS
Z
Old 10-07-2010, 10:14 AM   #43  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Dance Girl, you must have lots of rhythm and be light on your feet to have that name. Just keep posting often all over 3 fc's and you'll get your 'thingy' faster. We all speak 'thingy, what ya call it, thing-a-ma-gig, do-dad Welcome and just jump right in.
Crabby Maxine must have been watching my running nose and eyes this morning, she says: "I always start running in the fall_ not all of me, just my nose." I don't usually have too many allergies but the last two days my eyes and nose have been dripping when first waking up, weird!
I canceled my 5 th session with chiropractor today, he doesn't seem to be helping me, still have migraine headaches every morning, sometimes thru the day. I made an appointment with another one who gets rave reviews. We'll see.
Boy, do I have a pet peeve. My new printer won't scan documents/pictures. I was on the cell phone over 2 hours, the techie couldn't figure it out. Then again with another techie on my cell phone over 3 hours and ran a bill up higher than what a new printer would cost and printer still not scanning. Yesterday two more hours on the cell phone, he started me on a new download which took about two hours. He said he'd call me back after the download was finished to walk me thru and fix my printer. He never did! I had to finish the download myself and it still doesn' scan. I hate when that happens. It doesn't help my headache either.
Now on a more pleasant note, the Mexican 3 bean salad is out of this world, I'm going to post the recipe when I finish gabbing here.
Who watches Survivor here, I was really ticked when they voted off the coach. Last night they voted off that big mouth, I'm now happy.
I started watching the 'Biggest Loser' again this season, haven't picked my favorite yet. How about you?
O.K. Mary...I'm taking a vote here, who uses iphones, ipods, textes, shops on the phone, etc.? We never set dh's cell phone to do all that stuff. I purchased a jitterbug phone that is just a plain old cell phone because I live in the dark ages. Do I need to get with it?
Quote:
After the appt I did a little browsing at Target and looked at the Droid phones at Verizon. I planned to ask them about the rumor that they will soon be getting iPhone
Time to get with it, I have a hair appointment plus have to call HP again and waste a few more hours on the phone.
Please everyone tell me what age you're living in with the phone. Also, do you have cell phones plus a land line?

Last edited by Bobbolink; 10-07-2010 at 10:15 AM.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:41 AM   #44  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All....
First, to DancingTootsies...... welcome from another Denver-ite! BTW, it rained during the night last night! Did you hear it? I was agog with wonder and awe!

Bobbi, they don't call me DinosaurDonna for nothing! My phone makes phone calls. Period. I put a block on the texting feature, because it annoys me. Yes, I do have a landline, actually two. The home number is fax and the other number is business, which is the number I use 99.781% of the time (that's exact). I only use the cell phone when I'm in the car. And that's more than you wanted to know, I'm sure!!

Rosey, silly question: do you have 1/2 a year in darkness where you live? If so, how do you cope with that... and the reverse?

PT/Zoe, I hope the WF's promise is good, that your weekend will finally be dry and NICE. Did you have a good time clothes shopping with your DD the other day?

Nothing to report! Status quo... life is pretty darn good.

Bobbi, good thoughts for your printer. Are you paying for these phone calls? I got stuck with some little gal who didn't speak a word of English except "please allow me to look that up", for an HOUR, and it cost me $124!!!!!!! Needless to say, we got that straightened out pronto! Good luck!!!!!!!!

Everyone, be safe!!
Old 10-07-2010, 11:37 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 145/125/123

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for letting me join in and your warm welcome.

My name is Janet. Just Dance is from that Lady Gaga song. I like it because it talks about even when your life is out of control and you don't know what's going on .... Just Dance. Celebrate who you are and the good things around you. Somebody had that quote "you may not like the party life has given you, but you can still dance."

Is that too 70's?

Today I'm working then driving kids around, then our thrift store is 25% off today!! Yay Thursdays! I would like to get some nice brown pants, we'll see...

I'm going to do chicken tonight. Browned with onions and bell peppers, then simmered in wine and bouillon (sp?).

Thanks, girls!
Closed Thread