Old 07-04-2010, 06:36 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

I am declaring victory. New goal = 150 by Labor Day.

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 07-04-2010 at 06:36 AM.
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:13 AM   #32  

I knew you could do it!!!!!
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 10:05 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Good job!
Karen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 10:20 AM   #34  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Happy 4th of July everyone!
Love the flowers Rosey.....you're very cute!
Lynn...Congrats! Yeaaaaaaaa, no Nutri-system.

Isabella...I want apple pie too but without the crust. Karen is right about the high calories.
I have things to do and places to go, I can't gab until tomorrow.
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 11:31 AM   #35  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All....

Miss Rosey, that's a good picture of you, and your current avatar is from 2007! Use the flower picture! Nice DH, by the way......

Lynn, Marie Osmond is going to be SO disappointed! Congrats to you!

PT/Zoe, KarensFL and MO, Missy Isabella, Freda, all.... Have a good 4th and enjoy the fireworks!
jess1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 01:08 PM   #36  

WTG lynn im all duded up for the parade will post pics later happy 4th rosey
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 03:16 PM   #37  

Height: 5'3"

Wow! I am so proud of you Lynn!! Congrats!
maryea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 07:54 PM   #38  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Well, Lynn, you did it! I was so hoping you wouldn't have to go with NS.

Rosey, just looking at that living room made me tired. I hate when things get all messed up like that but that's what happens when you're digging out things to sell. Hope you do well on that sale. Looks like you have lots of good stuff there.

We're back at DS's place. Wow, did I ever eat a lot of calories today. I just put everything in fitday and I was surprised at how high the calories were. Most everything was healthy except for the cinnamon bun and ice cream. The granola bar was homemade but still high in calories. Traveling always upsets the schedule. And I was trying to eat a big breakfast so I wouldn't be hungry on the way. Oh, well it's one of those days.

Little Boo was happy to see us. He was bouncing around in his high chair waiting for his supper. He fell down today when he was playing outside and has a big red bump on his forehead. He was running away from his father and took the spill.

Tomorrow I'm going to try and squeeze in a walk. Tonight I'm going to ride on the bike. Have a great week coming up.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:20 AM   #39  

Good Morning GG'S

I was supposed to work Friday and Saturday. I went to work Friday and got sick almost as soon as I got there. nausia, vomiting and diarrhea. I had to go home after 2 hours. Luckly, they were able to get another nurse to come in, so I didn't feel too guilty. It was a 24 hour thing I guess, because another nurse called in with the same thing. Worked Saturday. Yesterday was HOT! 94. Seems it's either too hot or too cold here. The kids are coming today for a BBQ. I'm thinking ribs and chicken, with enough sides that I don't have to worry. I'm cooking so I can controle what's made and how. That does help.

Who brought up the Outlander series? Another fan here.

Rosie, Hope the garage sale goes well. I'd be there if it wasn't so far away. I love garage sales. I buy LOTS of books.

Lynn, I'm so glad you don't have to go on neutrisystem. I didn't want to say anything, in case you did, but i've seen some of that food in stores, and the portions are so small. No wonder they lose weight! Our Big Lot carries a lot of their things.

Isabella, It's good to see you posting again. My mom had 8 kids and she said you always miss the one not there. It's true.

Mary, My friend quit smoking with the hypnosis tapes. I hope they work well for you too.

Z, The kids wear me out too! Who said they keep you young? Sometimes they make me feel very old. I do enjoy them so much while they are here, and we do things that I would not otherwise do:go to the park, ride bikes, play baseball, soccer. But then they leave and I am ready to crash!

Bobbi, We could use a little of that rain. It rained all spring and now it seems to have stopped.

Donna, we did enjoy the firworks with the kiddies. Didn't enjoy the last 3 nights of fireworks for half the night. Sorry, but I had to get up at 5 to go to work.

Freda

Last edited by the slim me; 07-05-2010 at 07:31 AM.
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:02 AM   #40  
Bobbi

Good Morning!
Rosey...how'd the rummage sale turn out, rid yourself of lots of treasures?
Freda...sorry to hear about your bout with the 'trots', but there is a positive side to this, free detox! Sometimes it's good to rid your stomach/colon of everything.
Quote:
I got there. nausia, vomiting and diarrhea.
Jess, Mary, Karen X 2, Zoe, Lynn, Isabella,
Who likes Cilantro? We never used to but after eating in Mexican restaurants, it kind of grows on you. DH purchased a big bunch of it fresh yesterday and I found this recipe using it. I thought of you Isabella since you're the vegetarian of the bunch. I'm going to make it today to serve with grilled Elk steaks and pork chops. We're having our 18 yr. old grandson over to bar-q. Everyone else is on vacation and he stayed home because of work.

Green Salad with Posole and Creamy Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette
Servings: 6
"Toss crisp lettuce and other veggies with a velvety vinaigrette made with fiber- and protein-rich creamy cannellini beans, chilies, lime juice, cilantro and hot-pepper sauce."
Ingredients:
For the Creamy Cilantro-Lime
Vinaigrette dressing: 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans,
drained and rinsed
1/4 cup canned, diced green chilies
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup hot water
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon hot-pepper sauce
1 clove garlic, halved
Kosher salt, to taste
Directions:
1. To make the dressing, puree all of the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
2. Toss the romaine, radicchio, tomatoes, posole, carrot, scallions, and olives in a large salad bowl. Toss with the dressing and serve.

For the salad: 1 (9 ounce) bag romaine lettuce mix
1 small head radicchio, cored and
broken in bite-size pieces
36 grape tomatoes, halved
1 (15 ounce) can posole (whole
hominy), drained and rinsed
1 cup shredded carrot
3 scallions (green onions), trimmed
and sliced
1/3 cup canned, sliced ripe olives
Old 07-05-2010, 10:30 AM   #41  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...
Bobbi, your recipe looks yummy. I use cilantro a lot (still eating a lot of pico de gallo!), but I like it dried, which is very hard to find! BTW, the beans improved after they sat for a day, and I also stirred in a small bit of brown sugar. That took the edge off the sharp molasses taste. I think I'd cut the molasses in 1/2 and add the brown sugar, if I make another batch.

My finger hovered over the "call the cops" button on the phone last night... gawd! But the inconsiderate revelers quit right after midnight and took their puking bodies home. NYE and the 4th are the worst! I'm old. I'm tired. And I have no sense of humor.

Cooler today, I hope. It still hasn't been as bad as in past years, so I'm just mildly whining, instead of out-and-out complaining. Speaking of out, sort of, I've had Outlander on the bedside table for YEARS. I guess I'd better read it, with all the high recommendations!

PT/Zoe and all, hope you enjoy the last day off! Freda, hope those oobie goobies are all gone... Everyone, stay cool and be safe!

Last edited by jess1; 07-05-2010 at 10:31 AM.
jess1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:36 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Hi Everyone,

Thank you, Mary, Rosie, Donna, Isabella, Freda, Bobbi, & Karen. I am REALLY happy that I made my goal.

It is VERY hot here today. I plan to stay home, correct my students’ papers, do some cooking/baking, and relax in my cool condo. Yesterday barbeque at my DD’s was VERY nice, but, I ate a slice of VERY high-calorie cake. Other than that, we did pretty good – scallops, chicken, and veggies on the grill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post
Well, Lynn, you did it! I was so hoping you wouldn't have to go with NS.
We're back at DS's place. Wow, did I ever eat a lot of calories today. I just put everything in fitday and I was surprised at how high the calories were. Most everything was healthy except for the cinnamon bun and ice cream. The granola bar was homemade but still high in calories. Traveling always upsets the schedule.
Hi Isabella,

Did you make the granola bar? If yes, would you share the recipe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me View Post
Lynn, I'm so glad you don't have to go on neutrisystem. I didn't want to say anything, in case you did, but i've seen some of that food in stores, and the portions are so small. No wonder they lose weight! Our Big Lot carries a lot of their things. Freda
Hi Freda,

When I was on Nutrisystem, I definitely did NOT want more of it. I think the folks lose weight because they’d rather go hungry that eat the stuff!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Who likes Cilantro?
Hi Bobbi, I truly HATE cilantro. I can taste it immediately & have to send back anything that has it. I have read a couple of articles about this. It seems that there are quite a few folks who do NOT like cilantro &, typically these people also dislike cumin. I am one of these.
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:49 AM   #43  
Bobbi

We turned our noses up at it for years, taste like soap! But like I said, we're gradually coming around since we love Mexican food. I still think it tastes like soap and I love cumin.

Quote:
Hi Bobbi, I truly HATE cilantro. I can taste it immediately & have to send back anything that has it. I have read a couple of articles about this. It seems that there are quite a few folks who do NOT like cilantro &, typically these people also dislike cumin. I am one of these.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:06 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

I am 57, Texan, live on a ranch, been with the faith group and intend to stay with them but would like to join The Golden Girls, is it alright?

Last edited by Bootsie; 07-05-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:41 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning! Hope everyone had a safe and Happy 4th of July! We had about 18 people here for ribs and chicken and potato salad Oh My!!!! It was also my brothers birthday and a year since my Daddy died! So there were all kind of mixed emotions yesterday-- then to make it more interesting---my brother, whos birthday it is, announced that he is getting married next Friday!!! He wanted to know if I would watch Angel, the white dog, from Thursday to Tuesday. I am beginning to think that I should start working with her a lot harder to get some manners-- I just may end up with her! The lady he is marrying had a crush on him way back when she was 13 or 14 years old and was friends with my younger sister. They connected through facebook again and he went out to California a couple times to see her and then now will be going out again this coming weekend to marry her! Could that be considered a 30 year romance!!! Anyway, I'm happy for him. He has been divorced about 3 years now and hasn't been very happy-- nice to see some sparkle in his eyes!

Hi Bootise! Welcome to the Golden Girls! I recognize you from Christian Encouragers and Prayer Warriors! Glad to have you here with us-- just jump in. These ladies here are all WONDERFUL!!!

Well, I will try to get back here later. I need to go and do some clean up on the patio. Not to much of a mess but just needs some straightening up after yesterday.... So Much Fun!!! But, like Donna, I am ready for the fireworks to go away and so are Ginger and Sissy!! Sissy will be 6 on July 12---gosh that only makes her 42-- guess she was grandfathered in to the Golden Girls!! HAHA!!

Last edited by Karen31; 07-05-2010 at 11:42 AM.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote