Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 06:14 AM   #106  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Well, it looks like I'm getting a cold. Maybe I can fight it off, because just going to bed is out of the question. Figures, doesn't it? Worst timing.

flowingair, sounds like you have been way too busy! I like the idea of that bike ride.

Jada, you were doing so well! What do you think set you off? Maybe tracking your actual calories eaten might help... I find that if I aim too low, I can't sustain it.

There are lots of Irish in San Francisco, and St. Patrick's Day is a big event. When I lived there in my drinking days I used to love it--one of those public-drunkeness-is-OK holidays. And yes, I've drunk the green beer. I have to say, I don't miss those days or their aftermath.

Is anyone thinking ahead to any fun trips or excursions?

Jay
Old 03-18-2009, 09:00 AM   #107  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning . . .

Another sunny day and we may work up to above freezing temperatures, too.

Nothing too exciting in my plans. Still recovering from my major chocolate meltdown (darned bunnies) yesterday. Just worked out my averages for the month so far and happy to say my 2286 total calories yesterday did NOT screw things up too badly. I'm still in good shape for the month. Average total calories are 1444 and percentages are running right on 40% carbs and 30% each for fat and protein. Sometimes you just get lucky I guess. Don't plan to rest on my laurels though. I'm stuck on 210 and I definitely want to be able to move that ticker into the new decade by the end of the month.

I do believe in the 'cycling' philosophy whatever you are tracking. I just don't think it needs to be all pre-planned. For me, it just seems to happen and that's probably true for us all.

Have a great day . . .
Old 03-18-2009, 12:16 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 237/224/145

Height: 5'4"

I was shocked I weighed 228 lbs this morning I thought for sure I shot back up to 240. Have to have more confidence in myself.
I'll read up on "cycling" and get back to counting actual calories eaten though.
I don't have any trips planned this year, but I am moving to a quiet suburb in Vegas closer to the mountains and a man made lake. It has beautiful grass lined walking paths, and a beautiful library full of culture that will be just across the street from me.
Maybe I'll set a goal that when I get under 200 lbs, I'll stay at an ocean front hotel in La Jolla, California.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:24 PM   #109  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Just a quick post tonight.

We are planning a trip to Kalamazoo next month, and one to Chicago yet this spring.
There are some plays we want to see

Have a good day all!
Old 03-18-2009, 11:24 PM   #110  
Day at a Time

S/C/G: 242/222/140

Well I am going to meet Jada at the hotel on the beach in California when I get below 200 lbs. Could be a bit of a wait though.
Doing well today. Not so great yesterday but moving ahead today.
Weather is blah!

I am booking holidays for the year. Need to make some plans to travel a bit. Think a trip to Cuba in the fall with a friend. We will see. Am expecting company in the summer and may go to Toronto in July to see my brother. I will be off 6 weeks from surgery so may travel at the end of it.
Hope everyone is having a great day....
Jude
Old 03-19-2009, 09:25 AM   #111  
Onward and Downward

Hi there . . .

Today has dawned with very overcast skies, but it is fairly mild. The good news is that I finally realized what day it is. I spent most of yesterday thinking that Friday which is the first day of Spring was going to be the 22nd. It's like somebody just gave me an extra two days this month. Sometimes the 'senior moments' just seem to get closer and closer together.

I've got plans for a little trip this Fall and unfortunately may have to hit the Toronto (Barrie actually) area before that. Sadly, my cousin (who is more like a brother to me) has been diagnosed with terminal cancer. It's tough being so far away.

Nothing exciting for me today . . . lunch out and a bit of shopping, I guess. Ate well yesterday and will try to string another good one on there today.

See you later . . .
Old 03-19-2009, 02:05 PM   #112  

Smile

The day is starting out great. Yesterday I walked after lunch and after dinner. I was happy to weigh in under 230 Have a great day.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:47 PM   #113  

I went through the Pyramid guidelines today, and for once they made sense. I guess my thinking is clear now that I'm eating better. It's all food I like. I just eat too much of it. I'll keep the guidelines on my fridge to make sure I don't go overboard. I tend to start adding stuff as the days go by.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:14 PM   #114  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

A quick post again tonight. Another LONNNNGGG day at work (14 hr shift). Great to see so many travel plans! The kids and my Mom are coming some time this summer. We are changing to a new student information system this summer as well - so summer travel (which we usually do) is out. I'm thinking a nice trip this fall would be great! Maybe Niagara wine county - so beautiful in the fall!

I hope to get caught up this weekend! Have a great Friday!
Old 03-19-2009, 10:02 PM   #115  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

I'll never get caught up. I'm sick. And I'm bloated as a result.

That's it for tonight! Tomorrow is another day...

Jay
Old 03-19-2009, 10:40 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 225/223/150

Height: 5'5''

Hi Jada congratulations on your milestone. I'm looking to get into onederland by next month.

We all seem to be hanging in here, not letting the bleeps get to us. St. Patty's Day was not my best eating day, but I'm back OP now.

It's cold again here, but spring can't be that far away. Have a great day everyone.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:07 AM   #117  
Onward and Downward

Happy SPRING . . .

Well, it is officially SPRING and, the sun is trying to shine in northeastern Nova Scotia. Needless to say it is a bit colder that we might like around here though and there is **** in the forecast for Monday/Tuesday. A lot can happen between now and then, of course, so maybe "they" will be wrong.

I celebrated the start of this glorious new season by removing the 'blankie' I tack over my westerly facing, and very drafty, sunroom door. As I sit here in front of it, I fear I may have jumped the gun a little; but it definitely looks more spring-like in here. May trot off to town later on just because I can but other than that I honestly have no plans for the day.

How about you . . . any exciting 'vernal equinox' celebration plans?
Old 03-20-2009, 11:57 AM   #118  

I feel like running today. I'm curious how far I'll get. Last night I ran a short distance down my hallway because my muscles called out for running.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:09 PM   #119  

I could only run a quarter of a long block. It felt good to run, but my body isn't quite ready for it yet. I walked very fast instead and walked a further distance, to the park. I usually only drive to the park because it's so far away or it seems so far away. But it's within walking distance in reality.
Jay & Jude: I hope your feeling better!!!
Old 03-20-2009, 07:04 PM   #120  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

I went to the gym today even though I'm still stuffy. I did 40 minutes on the treadmill, worked up a good sweat. And that was about it.

It was also the day we go get our hair cut and then go out to lunch after. I had herb-crusted salmon on a bed of spring greens with some sliced roma tomatoes, a sprinking of blue cheese and some crushed walnuts, and a ginger dressing on the side. Delicious! and probably only about 400 cals.

Good for you for trying running, Jada. Only now can I do any running at all--and it still bothers my knees a little, but I'm getting better at it.

meowee, I hope that you don't get that ****

Jay
Closed Thread