Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 10:11 AM   #151  

Height: 5'1"

Morning all,

It's raining here, again. Yeah I know, spring showers.....

Jada, I recomend the roasted veggies too. Even my sister, who eats no vegetables, likes them. It actually gives them a slightly sweet taste.

Jude, Good for you!! keep up that exercising. the more i exercise the less i want to eat bad. I don't want to mess up my good work.

Laurie, too bad about the tennis elbow! it will keep you out of the game for awhile.

Freda
Old 03-25-2009, 12:55 PM   #152  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hi, folks! Way too busy here...

Jada--yeah, nice to be able and pick up and move, but unfortunately by the time I figured things out, I was broke. And the amount of stuff I have now doesn't just fit in the back of my car, sad to say. Oh well! The other part of it is that I really don't like moving any more. The last time I moved was about a year and a half ago, and it was way too stressful!

Hey Freda! Good to see you checking in!

CD, I guess no word on the cat, huh?

meowee, what the heck, eh? Get away from those carbs! Don't worry--the snow will be gone eventually--

The concert we went to was great. There was one modern piece, and you never know what you're going to get with those. But this one turned out to be very interesting. Modern music is like abstract painting--you have to let it wash over you and see what sort of feelings and responses you have. It's not always a pretty picture, but it's often quite novel. At once point, the cellos and basses seemed to "come in for a landing" like a B52 bomber! Heh!

The other two pieces were quite lovely. One was Ravel's Mother Goose Suite, and the other was Franck's Symphony in D minor, one of my all-time favorites.

OK, time to get back to it!
Jay
Old 03-25-2009, 03:46 PM   #153  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

I yearn for some rain . . . . . . the people officially in charge of measuring snowfall have issued their declaration -- we did not get 12" of snow yesterday as forecast, we got 16" (that's right sixteen inches). It was (and still is) so very windy that I don't know how they could possibly have measured it. In fact, as I look at my yard, I can still see spots where the grass is showing and others (up against my six foot high fence, for example) where it is well over 60" (yep, five feet).

I'm on track today in the eating world and definitely planning to stay that way.

See you all soon . . .
Old 03-25-2009, 06:23 PM   #154  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Jay - I hate moving too! The last time we did it was 20 years ago, and I still shudder at the thought of having to do it again!

The concert sounds like it was great! I'm not a fan of a lot of the more modern pieces, but the two classical ones are right up my alley!

Linda - more wind coming your way, I'm afraid - but the weather is much warmer today!

A busy day here - and - no - still no luck on finding the cat. None of the neighbors have seen or heard anything, and everyone has checked their sheds and garages and the like.

I had a very productive day at work, and then raked the dog "presents" for an hour afterward. NOT my favorite task, but it needs to be done every spring

At least it is done, and I got to spend an hour in the sunshine and almost 45 degree weather

Hope you all had a productive and OP day!
Old 03-25-2009, 08:04 PM   #155  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Did you check the local animal shelters, CD? Sometimes people pick up a "stray" and drop them off...

Jay
Old 03-25-2009, 08:11 PM   #156  

Jay - we called the shelter first thing, just in case. They do have some cute kittens up for adoption, though
Old 03-25-2009, 08:59 PM   #157  
Day at a Time

S/C/G: 242/222/140

Good Evening all.
Sounds like you had a great night out Jay. I have that on my plan of things to do sometime this year.
Laurie I am so sorry about your cat. I am a huge animal lover and miss the ones that I had for years.

Thanks for the encouragement Freda. I am still going to the gym every day. Something seems to have clicked with that. Not sure what but am enjoying how it makes me feel.
Food is not too bad but the interesting thing is that there are things that I craved that seem to be gone now. That is a big thing for me. I see that as part of a better big picture.
I would love the weight to drop off like it did one time. But now I am just trying to change my ways.

Had a busy morning. Drove down across the border for some shopping. Picked up some South Beach protien bars for in the car. They were on sale so that is a bonus. They certainly did have the best protien hit. Just going to leave a box in the car.

Laurie tell me about making yogurt? I have never tried home made. Do you use a machine? And how much can you make at one time. I only eat plain so is that do able? I find that yogurt is one pricey item these days.
So I guess I am asking can you make 2% that is plain that is not too runny?

Oh and my surgery that was for June has been moved to either August or September. Well gives me more time to lose some pounds.

Gotta get back to work.......Jude
Old 03-26-2009, 12:53 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 237/224/145

Jude: That is so great you are going to the gym everyday. I could relate to it making you feel good. When I stretch the muscles in my shoulder with the machines, it feels so good. What a shame they put off your operation.

Jay: Your symphony sounds like so much fun. I haven't been to one since I was a little girl. I'm a red neck who only goes where dancing goes along with the music, and I haven't even done that since the year 2000. Seems like my life has become rather boring since I became a grandma. I plan on changing that.
I can't afford to move, but I do it anyway, and then I suffer for half a year until I get back on my feet again. I'm getting tired of moving too. I keep thinking of just traveling more. I'd still like to be a snow bird, but can't figure out how to do it. I guess I'll have to talk to one of the Vegas snow birds to figure out how they maintain two residences. I would love to live in Utah for the summer, and then Las Vegas for the winter. Actually, I want to live in San Diego, California, but I can't afford to live there.

Slim me: My sister likes roasted veggies too. She makes them soooo good, but when I make them, they don't taste so good. My sister's veggies are so good, I eat them like ice cream. I follow the same recipe she uses. I just wait and eat them when I visit her.

Laurie: Tennis elbow sounds painful!! I hope it's something that goes away eventually. I do a lot of writing (typing), so I exercise my hands so I don't mess them up. An aerobics instructor showed me what to do. I also worry about hurting my knees when I run, but sometimes I just feel like running off the stored up energy from sitting at the computer. I'll have to start walking a further distance instead of running.

I'm happy to say I stayed on OP today. It wasn't easy. Yes, it was easy. An old boyfriend came back into my life, and instead of problem solving it with food, I drank a glass of ice water. I'm still problem solving it. I'll sleep on it, and figure out what I want to do tomorrow. Right now I don't want him back in my life, but I'll sleep on it, before I say something I'm sorry for.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:06 AM   #159  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

There be sunshine in my world this morning . . .
Old 03-26-2009, 11:09 AM   #160  

Good morning everybody. It's nice here too. No wind. No excuses. Have to get out and walk today.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:27 PM   #161  
Day at a Time

S/C/G: 242/222/140

Good Afternoon!
Just starting work. Had a busy morning actually. It was sunny but has turned to cloud. I was out in the yard cleaning the bird bath. Birds everywhere this morning even a woodpecker.
Made it to the gym and so was happy with that. Still working on getting my food on track. I am just trying to find a happy balance and eat what is healthy and not too much of it. Sounds simple.

Jay I hope that work is giving you some time off. I am sure the weather is lovely where you are.
Jada I would love to be a snow bird as well. I am not retired yet but I would like to rent a place for a couple of months in the winter. I was thinking Palm Springs. I have been to San Diego and thought it was a wonderful place. Gather it is expensive. Good for you on all the exercise you are getting.
Keep us posted on the new/old beau.
Hope everyone is having a great day.
Cheers.....Jude
Old 03-26-2009, 06:06 PM   #162  

Hi all! The sun is shining here today as well
It is cold (39) but I did ride the to work. It felt good, though the wind was cold.

DH had the day off, so he took me out to lunch Thus, dinner needs to be on the light side. Maybe a nice salad with nuts and fresh fruit - hmm ...

I did get in 45 minutes of Wii Fit after work. Quite a bit of yoga today - trying to stretch out that elbow.

I'm looking forward to the weekend. DH has to work, so I hope to get some serious cleaning done!

Sounds like everyone is working hard at staying OP - let's keep it up!

Laurie
Old 03-26-2009, 08:58 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 225/223/150

Height: 5'5''

Hi everyone, I've been sick with a sinus infection. Luckily, I finished my report card grades earlier this week, so I didn't have that hanging over my painful head. I went to the doctor today instead of working and she feels I need to rest tomorrow, too. Hopefully, my fifth graders won't tie up the sub.

Jude-You sure are doing great going to the gym everyday. That's very inspirational.

Freda- I hope your family stays employed. I worry about my kids losing their jobs, too. My future son-in-law had a job offer from GM, but the rules of the loan are no new employees, so he's looking for a job. My daughter and son are in good shape right now. We'll make it through these tough times, somehow.

On a happy note, things are moving along for my daughter's wedding in June. I hope to lose more weight by then.

I've been OP by counting calories. I hope to have another weight lose this week.

Last edited by flowingair; 03-26-2009 at 09:09 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:28 AM   #164  

I had a good day. Staying focused on healthier lifestyle. Tomorrow I'm buying a hat for walking outside, since it looks like my gym isn't going to open up anytime soon. Found out there was a fire, and that's why they closed.
I'm feeling safe walking in my neighborhood. No animals walking around. There's always two or three police cars around. Somebody tried to stop me to talk to me (I wouldn't stop. I kept walking and turned away from them), and a police officer came out from nowhere and pulled them aside and had them show their ID. I haven't had any problems since. So, I feel like the police are keeping an eye out to protect the men and women who are walking. It's amazing how fast that cop was there. People complain about the cops in Las Vegas, but I sure love them.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:12 AM   #165  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

I'm sure you'll find it hard to believe it's crunch time here... But here's a cheering story. Yesterday what I wanted to do was: Drink a lot lot lot of coffee, eat nothing more than a protein bar, and work like a draft animal for hours on end. But this is what I did do: Drank 2 cups of coffee, ate a Boca Burger and some granola with fresh fruit and 1% milk, and went to step class. Funny, I don't think I got any less work done! It's that tricky thing with "having enough time"...

meowee, the SUN?? You must have been ecstatic!

Jude, you're doing great with the gym! Good for you! Isn't it nice when spring finally arrives? We had some rain the other day--very welcome--we're in a drought here.

Jada, sounds like you are determined! I'm glad that you feel safe walking.

Flowingair, sorry to hear about the sinuses. I hope it clears up soon.

CD, I think I forgot to tell you I'm sorry about the tennis elbow! What a drag! And it wasn't even a real racket!

My partner has found out that she is going to have to have dental implants. They will cost as much as our last car! The alternative is to have all her teeth pulled and get dentures, but the dentists don't recommend that in her case. And she does not want them. Well--I guess traveling in the next year will be rather severely curtailed by lack of cash...

OK, my tax clients call... Must get with it...

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 03-27-2009 at 07:13 AM.
Closed Thread