Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 06:57 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 156/151/140

Height: 5'1"

Morning all! I find it interesting how now that I've started keeping a log of my eating, I conveniently "forget" to write down my cheats. Yesterday I had lunch out with a friend and that night wrote down all I ate of the meal....but totally forgot to write down the slice of bread with butter I also ate...wasn't until this morning when I woke that I remembered it. Gotta fight that forgetting.

Susan
Old 03-09-2009, 07:23 AM   #47  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey Susan!

There's a Beck's thread going on 3FC, in case you'd like to check that out. It's over in General Diet Plans. Here's a link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165708

But I hope you'll post with us also! BillBlueEyes of the Beck's thread drops in here from time to time.

Jay
Old 03-09-2009, 02:38 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 237/224/145

Height: 5'4"

Yesterday, I noticed a positive change in my attitude. I feel good about myself that I'm finally losing weight. Last night, I realized that my past year of letting go of my sons is paying off. I was able to laugh at myself. I was able to sit and enjoy being with my son because I wasn't worrying about him and wondering how to fix him. Last night I noticed he wasn't in a hurry to get away from me. We talked and laughed. I listen now instead of lecturing and focusing on what he wants instead of what I want. So much easier. I made mistakes and he will too.
It's still cold and windy.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:17 PM   #49  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

SUSAN . . . we are the same age, but definitely not the same weight and not the same activity level either.

Happy to say I have managed to string 8 (almost 9) days of good eating together and have seen that elusive 210 appear on the scale. Hope I can continue to hold things together because I so want to see that nice new decade again that I glimpsed momentarily last September.

Oh . . . it's cold (just below freezing) and -- supposed to continue like this tomorrow.

Have a good day, gang . . .
Old 03-09-2009, 06:18 PM   #50  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Jay - I have the same problem when I go too long without eating. I keep snacks in my car and purse and I've been known to eat a protein bar in the strangest places - in fact, I was munching on one during the sermon yesterday. It wouldn't have been so bad - except I sit in the front because of my hearing I was about 3 feet from the pastor.

Susan Glad you joined us! I found logging my eating was a real eye-opener. And, it really did keep me from eating those extras on more than one occasion. Just knowing I had to log it, and the day would forever show that I went over my calories ...

Jada - how wonderful that you had a good visit with your son. What a great way to start the week!

Linda - AWESOME! Keep at it! You will be in that decade for real!!!! And Onederland is next

A busy but good day here. Work was intense, but I did work out when I got home. I did well at the potluck last night And the dog devoured the plate of brownies that a neighbor brought over. How he climbed as high as he did, I will never know. 11 years old and he is still a pup! Thankfully, chocolate doesn't seem to phase him. This was not his first sneak treat

Hope you are having a good start to the week!
Old 03-09-2009, 07:27 PM   #51  

Jay, thanks for the info on the Beck thread. It's the first program that's ever worked for me....well, all of two weeks worth. I don't do the eating plan but do the cognitive stuff....the cards and the food/mood logging in.

Meowee, congrats on the weight change. even numbers are so much more satisfying.

Jada, great about your time with your son....hard to accept them where they're at and whatever situation without worrying or wanting to make better.

Well, it's heading into the bewitching hour beyond which I cannot eat 8 pm. Am going to have some raw veggies and brush my teeth so i'm not tempted by anything.

Have a nice evening all.

Susan

Last edited by jivingandthriving; 03-09-2009 at 07:27 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:55 PM   #52  

Smile

Congratulations Meowee on reaching the "elusive" 210. That's so exciting!!!
CountingDown: Good idea about keeping a protein bar in purse. I'm going to start doing that when I know I won't be home for over three hours.
Susan: I'm glad for you the Beck food plan is working for you!!!!
Hugs to you Jay for your success in 12 step programs
Old 03-10-2009, 08:15 AM   #53  

Good Morning all,

Lovely day, if you like rain. We did get a nice day yesterday, lots of sunshine.

Susan, Journaling is a great idea. It helps you think things through and it helps you realize your mistakes. i know I found it very helpful. I didn't realize how many calories I was really eating!

Jada, It's hard to let kids go and make their own mistakes. We want to save them from all that. But they have to grow on their own. I carry protein bars in my purse and in the car all the time also. It's saved me a lot of trips through fast food drive in's. If you're going to be out for awhile you might even want to throw some fruit in there too, something you can eat quickly.

Linda, congratulations!!! All that hard work does pay off!

Hi Laurie, nothing like a plate of brownies to bring back the pup in and old dog!!

Freda
Old 03-10-2009, 10:11 AM   #54  

Morning all! Overcast but still pretty mild here in MD. Looks like we'll be getting rain as well, Freda.

Made a meatloaf this am...turkey/blackrice curried meatloaf, with mango chutney on top. delish and 320 cal a portion. Have been looking for a great meatloaf recipe for years and think this one is it for me. Had some ground turkey left over so added to Trader Joe's Bombay simmer sauce along with kale, fresh minced ginger and onion, and white beans. Also really good. First time used the TJ sauce.

I find that v-8 juice cans and string cheese work for me as snacks when I'm on the go...protein bars just make me crave more crunch and carbs.

Off to teach.

Susan
Old 03-10-2009, 10:58 AM   #55  

I keep hearing about V-8 juice. I haven't tried any for over 20 years because of the salt content. I guess I'll have to check it out again to see if they make low salt now. Susan, your meatloaf sounded so good.
I keep apples/bananas in my car when traveling out of town to visit family. I never thought about doing the same thing when I'm in town.
This week I'm going to focus on "really" listening to people. I've been so focused on my writing and eating, I haven't reached out to others except to do fun stuff with my grandkids. They appreciate me.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:02 PM   #56  

Jada, you are so lucky to have grandkids in town, I have to fly to Arkansas to visit them. I'm totally envious.

Total amazement at lunch time. I have the unfortunate habit of craving some sort of "finale" to my meals....think it comes from growing up with a family that always had desserts for lunch and dinner. Usually it's a fruit or yogurt and fruit. Today, I just ate lunch and am so stuffed I couldn't even consider dessert, nor even crave it. And it's not like it was such a huge lunch. Had a 1 1/2 cup's worth of steamed vegetables and two tuna/cheese mini quiches (238 cals for both). And I am sooo full. It's a true miracle!!!!
Hope it continues.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:24 PM   #57  

Great picture Susan!!! I found low-sodium V-8 juice. Tastes pretty good.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:53 PM   #58  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Another sunny day for northeastern Nova Scotia and I spent most of it out and about.

Thanks for the congratulations gang and I'm happy to report that I did NOT bounce upward this morning and I'm also happy to say I did NOT buy any thing off plan during my travels -- chocolate bunnies were calling to me though. I came home and ate yogurt instead.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:36 PM   #59  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Hi all, hope you are having a good day!
A busy one here. My car developed a "clunk" so I spent part of it at the dealer getting it fixed. Thankfully they had the part it needed in stock.

Eating has been back on track after eating out 4 times last week. I'm up a lb., but restaurant food and potlucks usually do that to me. I'm betting I'll be back down by the weekend

We are supposed to get 50-60 mph winds tonight, so I hoping we don't lose power. Usually those storms mean power outages around here. I'm getting things in order - just in case.

I'm ready for spring. I need to mix up my workouts a bit - I'm getting in a rut. I can't wait to walk outside again! Speaking of which - DH has worn out his Yak Trax. Does anyone have a different brand that they like better for walking in the snow and ice?

Have a good evening all! I've got another church meeting tonight, so I won't be back.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:27 PM   #60  

Susan, when you talk about forgetting dessert, I did the same thing when I first signed up at 3FC. I went to my favorite mexican restaurant specifically to get their fried ice cream, and I totally forgot about it until I got out in the parking lot.
Having a good day. No ice or snow. I'm worried about the 60 mile winds in Michigan. That's pretty scary. I hope everything goes okay.
Car problems are a pain in the pocket book.
Chocolate and peanut butter bunnies are my downfall every Easter and Christmas. Only Reese's. I can pass up everything else.
Closed Thread