Old 02-21-2013, 12:35 PM   #76  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

@ Zumba To quote NEMom: Divorce sucks I know but it sucks less than being in in an unhappy, unhealthy relationship. What she said!

@newleaf Peeps are my nemesis!! Next time I, too, will brave that aisle and show them who is in control! And congrats on the pants!! By the time you leave you're going to need a belt!

@Sep2012 My high weight was 258 so I've been there and back. We've all been there and back again it seems.
To quote F. Scott Fitzgerald: "Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.” Just think of all the things you have learned that don't work!

One week check in: Success on all 3 goals!
1. Continue NRoLS Program (weights 3x a week)
Burning about 800+ calories each session, lifting more weight and doing more on-the-ground-proper pushups! I even have a baby bicep and tricep now!
2. Eat on Plan
Averaged 1500 calories - my allotment is 1600 so probably need to eat a bit more - just not that hungry.
3. 152 lbs or whatever # makes me under 23% body fat
Slow and steady, LBM: 118.1, up from 117.6; BF down.

Well, lifted weights already today (hubby is working late) and I really wasn't feeling it. I did it, but it's a lot more fun when Hubs is here.
Oh crud - forgot to shovel/sweep the mounds of snow off my front porch. If I don't the mail-lady won't deliver (slot in the door style). Gotta go and burn more calories!

02/14 158.2 (25.9%)
02/21 157.4 (25.0%)
02/28
03/07
03/14
03/17
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:50 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 271/222/175

Height: 5'3"

Did my weekly weigh in was down 1.6 was hoping for 2 but take it
Sw 215
Cw 213.6
Gw 207 this is for this challenge
mboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:50 AM   #78  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Sw 163.1
Cw 159.5
Gw 158.x

I MADE MY VALENTINES DAY GOAL
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:43 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Height: 5'4"

Congrats, Newleaf!! You will rock Patagonia!

I held steady at 188.4 this morning, so I am truly in the 180s! I am determined to meet my St. Paddy's goal. Less than 4 lbs!
Jennifer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:03 AM   #80  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Thursday: 1120 calories, 35 min stairclimbing, 45 min Zumba class

I've been to the gym the last 6 days in a row so I'm declaring a day off for myself. Still plan to do the stairs at work. I also feel like I may need some extra calories today..think TOM is approaching.

jennifer, you can do it!!

mboo, 1.6 is an excellent loss - enjoy!

2fc, those are some amazing calorie burns! You must be working your butt off!

sum, 1.2 to go and more than 3 weeks left..you will sail right by your goal!

zumba, remember that you are 2 inches taller than I am so your BMI is still lower than mine! But it was good to see 13x.x again. And you and I have almost the exact same number of lbs to get to goal.

sept, I think most of us here have lost and now gained back and wish we could go back in time..it is what it is and we're still here fighting, which is what counts. I had gotten so close to my goal less than 2 years ago and over the holidays I was back up near my top weight(I was too scared to get on the scale until I'd started tracking for 2 weeks again, so I don't know where I started).

NEMom, do your calories feel low to you? I'm averaging 1350 and getting by but am so hungry at night...

newleaf, love your hiking pants try-ons..what a great idea! You're gonna need a belt for those things soon!

TGIF, all!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:47 AM   #81  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Not a happy camper today. Stepped on the scale expecting a loss and I am faced with a 2 lb gain. Could be water weight because TOM is right around the corner but still feeling very deflated and discouraged.

Natmars - No, I really do not feel like my calories are too low but obviously I am doing something wrong because the scale is not budging. When I lost the majority of my weight and hit my original goal a year a go, I was doing the same thing I am now only I kept my calories between 1300-1400 and I was losing about 5-6 lbs a month. Because I am smaller than when I started I dropped them a little, still exercising 5 times a week and today I sit 10lbs heavier than my lowest. Morale of the story, obviously do not take advice from me because I am not losing my holiday weight gain.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:45 AM   #82  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Boo...TOM is playing tricks on me. Each month my cycle has gotten shorter but not this month; it is making me wait and I feel nasty PMS symptoms with it. I can't wait to have this era behind me and all the silly hormonal fluctuations that goes with it.

S 158.2
C 155
G 153.2

Today is a swim day. Last time I swam 35 minutes, I am shooting for 40 min today. It will be beautiful because we are getting some heavy snow...swimming in a snow storm sounds perfect to me
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:46 AM   #83  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Hello all! I have been missing in action due to family events, kids home, sick kid at home....list goes on. I picked myself up from earlier in the week and did well yesterday. However, I still couldn't bring myself to step on the scale this morning. The coming weekend will be a challenge....meals with family and friends. Should be fun, but I usually overdo things. I need to face the music and step on the scale soon. I have been feeling stressed about a few things and am willing myself not to cave into emotional eating. I feel like I have to stay strong and not give other people power over me by turning to unhealthy food.

Good luck today!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:50 AM   #84  

@ NEMom Sorry the scale is a fickle friend! Do you track your body measurements? Those can change and the scale won't show it!
Old 02-22-2013, 11:02 AM   #85  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

NEMom, I would be PO'ed if I were you! There is NO WAY you should not be losing on that many calories, and you exercise too! I'm hoping you figure something out soon, maybe playing with protein/carbs/fat, but no matter what you should be losing. I'm averaging 1-1.5 lbs/week on 1350 and a lot of exercise.

guac, stay strong. Any way you can find some time to get some extra exercise to help with the stress? Kudos for not turning to food.

sum, I am so impressed by your swimming, and that does sound therapeutic!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:06 AM   #86  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

NEMom I hear you! We just need to remember that it is just waterweight...but it is HARD!

Guacamole I am the same way. I yield easy to temptations Stay strong my friend!

natamars You are so awesome! I draw strength from your dedication!

Jennifer on 180's!

newleaf123 Congrats on making your goal #1!

mboo A loss is a loss and need to celebrate it Congrats!

2FatCats What's your ultimate weight goal? I bet you look awesome right now!

Zumba Are you seeing your Valentine's date anytime soon?

I am sure I missed some, so to the rest!
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:46 AM   #87  
Onward & Downward

It gets frustrating when we are doing everything right and stop losing. On the WW boards I've seen people post about what they call the "Wendie plan." I'm presuming it is a non-sanctioned idea but I really don't know too much about it.... In WW you have say 30 points per day to eat and you figure out all the food you eat based on points instead of calories... the idea of the Wendie Plan is to vary the points daily to "fool" your body that it isn't being deprived. So it goes something like (daily) 30, 32, 38, 30, 40, 30, 34. Maybe the general idea could work with calories too? (I haven't tried the Wendie Plan but I'm thinking of trying it when I hit a plateau. Other people have talked about it working great.)

I'm hitting the road again in a few hours. Already planned out my food. Have a ton of things to do before then so guess I'd better get up and get busy (including exercising, lol).

Have a great weekend everyone!
LuvCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #88  

@ SUM Ultimate weight goal: It really truly doesn't matter! I am planning to cut down to at least 20% body fat and then start eating a surplus of calories and building more muscle. I will gain a little fat during the muscle building phase so I want to start as low as I can. I expect to take until the end of April/9 weeks. I figure now I am at 118ish lean, if I don't lose any of the muscle in the process, I need to weigh about 148 (118 lean, 30fat) to hit 20%. If a miracle happens and I gain muscle - I could start building at 150. But I would probably just try and drop to a lower starting bf to give me more of a cushion. It may sound like a low number since I am so tall but you have to remember that I am small-boned. My wrist barely measures 6 inches. And for my height- that's like having bird bones. And as an added bonus- no chest. I can't even hide a few pounds there.
At the end of April when I start the heavier hypertrophy phase of lifting (and will need surplus calories) I expect more body composition changes. I am really counting on inches coming off my waist and hips with this weightlifting gig. I want 2 off my waist and 3 off my hips. And please, no more off my chest....
Old 02-22-2013, 02:42 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hi everyone.....this morning was the morning of total disgust on the scale.....and I am finally giving myself the kick in the butt that I deserve to get things going in the right direction! I hate how I look and I hate coming to this forum with no progress! The past few months I have gotten rid of friendships that werent good for me....I feel lighter spiritually..now it's time for me to work on myself physically.....Zumba today and I ate low carb....going to get my water down and take my supplements...tonight I meet a friend for dinner......I'm going to make good choices..keep away from the bread basket....in fact I'm going to look up the restaurant online and see if their menu is posted...
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:41 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 198/182/150

Height: 5'8

Hi ALL you Irish Eyes!!

Well these ones are smiling on a bit of a dimmer .....whole family now on antibiotics. Doctor said we have some super bug...Got that new job so I had to start it anyway this week....Luckily it wasn't full days or I would have keeled over. Have just slept for 20 hours straight and you know feeling like I'm on the mend...

So now for the scales.....All due to the illness I'm afraid .....it will go back up over the next few days I'm sure...

SW 186
CW 181
GW 178

Well I'm definitely back ....will be reading over the thread to catch up on all you fabulous ladies!!!!
curleycarr is offline   Reply With Quote