Old 03-12-2013, 07:56 AM   #196  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Monday: 1170 calories, 30 min stairclimbing, 30 min elliptical

Struggling mentally, but keeping my calories where they need to be and getting my exercise in. Weight is staying the same. Hoping to see a drop by Friday, but it may not be in the cards.

Jennifer, congratulations!! Celebrate the victory. I think the next challenge should be a May Day one..the is just under 7 weeks, so a bit longer, and getting uis close to summer and the beautiful clothes...I'm already thinking about my goals for that one.
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:49 AM   #197  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hi everybody...I've been out of sorts and not logging in. Nice to catch up with everyone.....I'm still in the same ugly place. Son had bday this past weekend and we had japanese food and cake. I had a stomach virus yesterday but didn't lose an ounce even from that.....I'm starting to think losing weight is impossible. I keep giving myself the Don't give up pep talk but honesty I'm accomplishing nothing. I"m really not eating that badly, but it seems like my metabolism is dead. I feel like a big fat failure. This will be another challenge that I don't even come close.....and I feel like when I come here all I do is whine.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:08 AM   #198  
Hopeful Member

zumba, don't give up! Did you get in to see the doctor yet to have your hormones checked?

I know it feels impossible sometimes, been going through that myself, but when I gave up I put on weight rapidly..I bet you do too. We can do this thing!!
Old 03-12-2013, 09:19 AM   #199  

Hi Nat, no I didn't get to the doctor, seems like I"m taking care of everybody except myself..I'm consumed with this divorce crap....its just going to get uglier before it gets better. I need to take the kids to therapy so they can deal with all that is going on...my hormones seem so unimportant in the scheme of things. I'm getting my period on time, but i'm wondering if there is a cortisol thing going on that is making weight loss harder....I always had a tiny waist, but now I"m gaining weight there.....not cool. Maybe I should just accept that i'm older and this is what happens. I don't want to give up but it gets old to keep trying and accomplish nothing, I can;'t even believe that i put this much weight on..I hate it. I keep saying we can do this but how can I keep believing that....I've been singing this tune for months....
Old 03-12-2013, 07:04 PM   #200  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Hi, everyone. I feel like we've lost steam on this challenge; I know I have! Maybe having 2 back-to-back like this was too much

Here, I'm doing well. Feeling like I'm more in maintenance mode than losing mode as I get ready for my trip. I'm not doing anything more than walking for exercise; I am so worried about injury before the trip!

But weight is fine, 159 this morning. Food has been fine for the last few days. I keep repeating to myself things like "returning to my old eating style leads to returning to my old body" when I feel like straying.

DH and I watched Fork Over Knives a few nights ago, and now DH is on a health kick, trying to reduce the amount of meat and dairy we eat at home. He has ordered up a bunch of vegan cookbooks for me to try, and even wants me to try making soy yogurt. It's all pretty sweet. If it weren't for the kids, I think we could cut over to a vegetarian lifestyle pretty easily, but it's kind of hard to convince an 11- and 13-year-old... But just having him have more of a health focus is a good thing. Personally, I'm a little leery of replacing dairy with soy, but I'm happy to support him if he wants to make the change.

I guess that's all that's going on here. I just didn't want anyone to worry that my absence has been due to a slow retraction from all my progress this year (my year runs April to April LOL), since I've been voicing my fears and concerns lately. I do feel like I'm on track. The thought of regaining, and then having to re-lose, is helping me do what I need to do.

As for what to do when I come back from my trip -- I think I'm going to commit to 6 weeks of yoga (1x per week) as something new to try. I like the idea of strength and flexibility... This along with the cardio and weights. I'm looking forward to it!

Last edited by newleaf123; 03-12-2013 at 07:06 PM.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:13 AM   #201  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Height: 5'4"

I hope everyone is doing well and working through the daily struggles that trying to lose/maintain weight along with the insane craziness of our daily lives bring. I've finally started Couch to 5K, and it's pretty much kicking my behind. I am not an exerciser by nature, but I really want to be healthy and toned in addition to thinner.
Have a happy hump day, Ladies!
Jennifer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:42 AM   #202  

Newleaf have you ever heard of being a "flexitarian"? It is when you aren't a total vegetarian but you lean in that direction on most days. It is definitely a healthier way of eating ...... Try and have a few days out of the week that are "meatless". I know we definitely have too many meat days in our house.....I have a huge vegeterian cookbook, I think I"ll dig that out later and get some ideas........
Old 03-13-2013, 07:53 AM   #203  

Good morning everyone....Another day, same number on the scale....sigh******

I came across a book in BJ's yesterday "The Fast Diet" about intermittent fasting......its a concept that seems to go against everything we've been taught about how not to skip meals and to eat every four hours.....I wish I had bought it but thought to myself "Another diet book....I have a huge collection"....but I came home and did research on it and think it may be an interesting thing to try to wake up my metabolism. I never really did buy into the starvation mode theory, because I could never find any valid scientific evidence to prove such. I'm sure people think this type of eating is unhealthy, but so is being overweight.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:08 AM   #204  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Zumba - there is a thread on 3fc on intermittent fasting. I have tried it and occasionally use it to shake things up a bit. I can't seem to stick with it long term, but folks into that lifestyle love it! Good luck to you...maybe the spring will help us get our mojo back.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:15 AM   #205  

Thanks Guac! I'm willing to try anything at this point....I was never good with eating at regular times throughout the day, so this may work for me...if I can deal with the hunger.....there are so many di fferent ways to do IF so I'm a bit confused..and i"m hoping I don't faint in cross fit...LOL...I wish I bought that stupid book yesterday....
Old 03-13-2013, 09:57 AM   #206  
Hopeful Member

Tuesday: 1445 calories, 30 min stairclimbing

Rough day yesterday. I had a panic attack on the drive home. I've had some bad periods with them, then had gone about a year with nothing, and now I've had two in the last month. What triggers most of mine is pain - I have something called costochondritis which presents as chest pain. So my mind starts racing, saying is this really that or something worse, then I'm shaking and my palms are sweaty, and my heart is racing..awful. And I was sitting in traffic in the rain with no way to escape. I managed to get through it by talking with my mom and DH on the phone. I had some crackers and jelly beans in the car..carbs and sugar help. But by the time I was done running DS from birthday party to swimming to the library to home I was wiped and went right to bed. I think the attacks are so mentally exhausting that they have that effect.

zumba, I actually try to use IF a bit..for me it means cutting my calories off earlier in the day and trying to delay breakfast longer. There are all sorts of ways you can use it, and there is a good thread to check out as guac mentioned. You just have to find what fits in best with your lifestyle.

jennifer, gl with the running program. For me being able to increase my distance is so empowering. I jogged over 7 miles straight the other day...makes you feel like you can do anything!

new, sounds like you're doing great, and you're very lucky that your DH wants to eat healthy too..wish mine would.

back to work - see everyone later.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:46 AM   #207  
Hopeful Member

Wednesday: 1220 calories, 40 min stairclimbing, 3.7 miles on treadmill, 3 miles jogging @ 5.7 mph plus warm up and cool-down.

Felt good on the treadmill last night..working toward goal of sub-30 min 5K

Where is everyone? Only 3 more days!!!!
Old 03-14-2013, 06:53 AM   #208  

Just checking in. I'm still doing well, weighed in at 182 this morning. I'm knocking at the door to the 170s! Hopefully by spring break, which is last week of March. I'm having a happy hour party at my house tomorrow though, so that will surely wreak havoc on the scales!
Old 03-14-2013, 07:59 AM   #209  

S/C/G: 271/222/175

Well I'm at 207 this morning which means i made my goal and i have 3 days left
Challenge starting weight 215...cw 207..
mboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:11 AM   #210  

mboo: Congratulations!