Old 03-07-2013, 12:00 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hi all....Just caught up with everyone...you ladies are so inspiring!!!

I had a couple of days of bad eating....I had a friend over for lunch and she wound up bringing cookies from the bakery. I know she meant well....but it was like brining a bottle of booze to an alcoholics house.

my ticker isn't moving , its at the same stupid spot. I'm still going to cross fit...it is torture and i'm the biggest weakling out of all the girls in the class. Its embarassing....especially since I"m an instructor and have a fitness certification. These girls are animals, they lift heavy barbells and slam them down like they accomplished something....then give me dirty looks. I'd like to see those skanks do a mean a$$ cha cha or bachata. Their physiques aren't anything to be proud of, they're just wickedly strong. Anyway I'm there for me, not to compete with them but I have to say it isn't a nice environment.

As far as whats going on with my body I have no clue. I know that I am very sore...I'm waking up muscles that have been asleep for a long time..and when I lose some of this body fat maybe I'll lose inches because of the muscle I'm building. We shall see......I'm just going to keep trying, that is all that I can do.

Wish I could reach my st paddy's goal but I don't think that is going to happen.

i'm still here though Keeping the carb load really low the next few days to see if that helps.

Everyone have a great day..we're waiting for more snow here.....
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:36 AM   #182  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Friday: 1055 calories, 35 min elliptical

Proud that I kept my calories low in spite of a stressful day at work. My evening was wonderful though..had my parent-teacher conference and the teacher was gushing over DS, who will be 10 next week. She said it's an honor to be able to teach him. Then his music report card was in the mail, and his band teacher said he is having an excellent year and could be a great trumoet player. So I am a very proud mama today!

It is snowing AGAIN here..schools have a delayed opeing so there's my excuse to work from home.

Weight is down 1.2 for the week..1 lb to go to hit my challange goal.

zumba, your description of your class cracks me up. I am SO impressed that you're doing cross-fit, I would be terrified. I still think your muscles might be retaining water, so you just keep going, girl!

luvcats, how was the rest of your day?

2fc, you are so disciplined and such an inspiration!

mboo, yay on the ticker! They are fun to play with.

TGIF, ladies!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:36 AM   #183  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Height: 5'4"

Zumba: Your crossfit class sounds..interesting... Great job for sticking to it even with the mean girls. Crossfit is for beasts, so you go!

Natamars: WOOHOO on meeting your challenge goal early!!!

mboo: Nice ticker!

Happy, happy Friday! I'm at 185 this morning, so just a few ounces from this goal and 4 ounces from 20 pounds gone for good! Hoping to see it over the next couple of days! We need to start thinking about our next challenge! These mini goals really help me stay on task and you all are so inspiring!
Jennifer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:56 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 271/222/175

Thanks everyone!! You all are awesome!
The sun is shining here today, calling for the fifties this weekend. So ready for this warmer weather.
Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend.
mboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:01 AM   #185  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Wow mboo, that is quite a ticker, congratulations!!

Will catch up later. Just stopping by to say hi. All good here. Ate candy yesterday like the old days. All I can say is,blech. Let that be a lesson to me! Just got done on the elliptical, having a protein frappuccino since I've got a late lunch with a very dear friend planned.

I love the feeling of getting back to business like its no big deal.

Last edited by newleaf123; 03-08-2013 at 11:03 AM.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:05 AM   #186  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

What a stressful week I have had.

The house we were supposed to get, the landylady jerked us around and was downright unethical biotch. She said we had the house, wanted certified checks and cancelled the appointment 2 h before saying she was busy...next day she sent our realtor a note she went with someone else

So my weightloss is impossible since I am a stress eater

Living at the in-laws
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:37 AM   #187  

Sum38: I'm so sorry you had such a stressful week. It's tough finding a house! Hang in there, something better is bound to turn up (you wouldn't want that biotch as a landlady anyway!).

I seem to be on a little 185 plateau, but I think it's probably my own fault. There are currently 7 boxes of Girl Scout cookies in my house, and I eat a few (just a few) everyday! I wish my DH and kids had control issues like mine and the cookies would be gone! (I don't really, hopefully they'll never have weight problems). I downloaded a C25K app on my phone and DH said he'd do it with me (love him) cause he knows I hate to exercise alone. We are starting tomorrow with the time change. I'm both pumped and apprehensive. I have tons of grading to do today. It's hard to believe our 3rd 9 weeks term ended! I am going to drink a ton of water so I don't snack mindlessly as I wade through essays and exams! Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 03-09-2013, 09:29 PM   #188  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

I had to go back to the beginning and see what I said I was going to do for this challenge, obviously not very good sign.

I have done pretty well, actually was at my weight loss goal last week, hopefully I can get back there this week, the 15th will be my weigh in, I've done good with the water 60 oz. every day and gotten the 10k steps in most days.

Since my birthday I've been trying to do a 3K walk a day, now I've upped it to 4 miles, so proud of that, Zumba even though my scale isn't moving quite like I'd like, my pants are getting looser so hoping that's what you'll see as well. I'm going to look up cross fit, heard someone talking about it at work as well, then a commercial today featured it, I'm really not sure what it is. sounds interesting.

best to all
Hard to believe it's going to be St. Pat's next weekend! yeeps!
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:04 AM   #189  

183.5 this morning! If it stays down, I have accomplished this challenge, and I'm down 20 pounds! I'm pretty stoked! Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-10-2013, 08:50 AM   #190  
Hopeful Member

Struggling. Off plan Friday and no exercise. 1245 calories yesterday but no exercise again due to DS's activities. Scale is up. Must do better today.

Jennifer, 20 lbs is a great accomplishment!

kelijpa, those are great goals and congrats for sticking to it.

sum, that stinks! Mean people suck. I hope you find something better very soon.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:59 AM   #191  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Hello, all! Well, this has not been a productive challenge for me. I am not weighing in today because PMS is raging and I feel bloated and huge. I stepped on the scale Thursday to 158. I am moving in the wrong direction.

This is going to sound snarky, and I don't mean it that way - more of a scientific observation, if you will! I was at an event yesterday where I saw a lot of people I haven't seen in a few months. Almost, everyone looked like they had put on weight, particularly around the mid-section, since I last saw them. Both men and women. I think that winter is not kind when it comes to weight. We all go into hibernation/feeding mode. I think people who can maintain or lose over the winter are really ahead of the game. Maybe I am just trying to comfort myself, but in any event, I see that I am not alone in fighting the winter bulk.

Last edited by guacamole; 03-10-2013 at 08:59 AM.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:26 PM   #192  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Hi, Ladies.

I am fighting off a lot of self-doubt. I'm hoping by giving voice to it, it helps.

I've lost close to 50 pounds, and I am so afraid of putting it back on. I have this huge trip coming up (hiking 84 miles in 7 days) and I will have 0 control over the food put in front of my for 14 days. It won't be wise to try eating at a deficit, not knowing the intensity of that day's hike ahead. The food will be prepared for me. You eat what you get. The trip is listed as Level 5, on a scale of 1 - 5, with the following description: This is the right trip for energetic people who like to be active and have a spirit of adventure and a positive attitude. To enjoy this trek it is essential to be in shape before you arrive. It is not wise to regard this trek as a means of getting into shape or losing excess weight. Start a program of conditioning well before departure.

It's not the trip so much that has me at a fear of regaining the weight; I'll be with my sister. She eats like a bird. I always lose weight when I'm with her. It's the coming home. I put on weight when I came home from the Machu Picchu trek in 2007. I put on weight when I came home from the Alaska trip in 2010. Its as if all my mental energy goes into preparing for these trips, that when I come back home I can't do it anymore.

So, I'm trying to think about what my plan is once I come home. What my new goals will be, what I'm working towards. The mantra for the last year has been that this would be the year I turned things around. I guess breaking this habit of getting into shape only to ruin it has to be one of the things I turn around, too.

Anyway... just putting it out there... This is in my control. Right??!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:52 PM   #193  

S/C/G: BF% 37.6/see sig/BF20%

Height: 5' 9"

@ Heidi

I think you are on the right path - getting a return plan in place before you ever leave. I understand your fears of gaining it all back. Been there, done that. I had no plan in place for maintenance. Reminds me of the cliche' Fail to Plan, Plan to Fail.
Is it the 'big event' that motivates you? Are you driven by the means or the end result? Boy oh boy do I know it can be hard to enjoy the road when you don't know where it's going. If you need a 'goal' is there something else you can commit to? A Zombie race in the summer? Or a canoe trip in the fall? There is one here in Sep that takes 3 days and you paddle for 90+ miles. Maybe something like that?
Don't listen to that 'inner meanie' - you can do this!
2FatCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:14 AM   #194  
Hopeful Member

Sunday: 1115 calories, .8 mi walk, 7.2 mi run(longest yet)

Feeling much better today. Long run yesterday and the way I felt during and after really helped. I had a protein shake with soy powder, almond milk, and fresh fruit about an hour before I ran, and then wasn't hungry for hours afterward, when I was suddenly starved and wanted pasta, which I let myself have.

My final weigh in for this challenge will be on Friday, because that night we're going out for Asian food for DS's 10th birthday, then family over for pizza on Saturday. Even though I don't plan to eat heavily, the salt will add at least a lb. by Sunday.

Went grocery shopping and everything is cooked/prepped for breakfast, lunch, and snacks all week.

new, first of all, your trip sounds amazing. Second of all, maybe you need to have something concrete you're working toward/planning for once you get home..a new fitness goal, a class, anything that will inspire you.

guac, I look around the office and see the same thing. My issue is that back in the day I could put on 10 lbs. or so of "winter weight" and then lose it in the spring..nowadays, losing 10 lbs. takes me over 2 months and requires a huge effort. I have to teach myself it's just not worth relaxing in the winter and gaining it.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:36 PM   #195  

SW: 191.8
CW: 184
GW: <185

This is my first challenge I've ever completed ahead of time! I think it's my increased exercise level and the support from this group. You ladies all rock!!